As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Rick & Morty] Justin Roiland Versus Season Seven (Oct. 15th 2023)

• Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    GONG-00 wrote: »
    Given they just spent the previous episode deriding the structure that continuity imposes on them, I would not expect any follow up.

Huge difference between continuity and call backs.

Rick and Morty call back all the damn time.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    We do honey on pancakes all the time. Those who limit themselves to a single type of pancake topping should be pitied.

• Options
    [Expletive deleted][Expletive deleted] The mediocre doctor NorwayRegistered User regular
    Pancakes are to be eaten with blueberry jam and bacon bits, anyway. For dinner.

(I would also accept sugar and cinammon.)

Sic transit gloria mundi.
  • Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    Given they just spent the previous episode deriding the structure that continuity imposes on them, I would not expect any follow up.

Huge difference between continuity and call backs.

Rick and Morty call back all the damn time.

But constant shitting on Jerry is a harder habit to break.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    edited May 2020
    I have this Japanese blueberry honey and it's so fucking good on everything and by itself

This one-
    https://global.rakuten.com/en/store/sugi/item/693528/

Local H Jay on
  • Options
    Mild ConfusionMild Confusion Smash All Things Registered User regular
    I don’t understand why the internet is blowing up about the train episode.

They made fun of their own story structure and trolled fan theories, but that doesn’t mean they will never bring back old characters. They always do that stuff, like I’m pretty sure Tammy and Evil Morty were never supposed to be reoccurring characters, they just brought them back because they thought it was appropriate for that particular episode.

Hell, they even flat out stated that the train episode wasn’t planned, it just happened while they were writing it.

If they want to bring back old characters or not is up to them, but saying they are gone forever is just as flawed as being upset about lack of continuity. It doesn’t mean we will see a conclusion to those arcs, but it doesn’t preclude them either. If Harmon and the other writers want to bring them back sometime in the next 63 episodes and tell that story, they will. If they don’t, they won’t.

It was a troll mixed with some self-depreciating humor on their story structure and profit based entertainment, I don’t think we should read too much into it as a definitive statement.

steam_sig.png

Battlenet ID: MildC#11186 - If I'm in the game, send me an invite at anytime and I'll play.
  • Options
    Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular

They made fun of their own story structure and trolled fan theories, but that doesn’t mean they will never bring back old characters. They always do that stuff, like I’m pretty sure Tammy and Evil Morty were never supposed to be reoccurring characters, they just brought them back because they thought it was appropriate for that particular episode.

I think it comes down to the bit where Story Lord is draining Rick and Morty of 'story potential' and Rick suggests that every 'scene' that is being played during that part is no longer going to happen.

I mean the overall joke is that stories are being used up and won't be witnessed ever, and some of those stories include elements and characters that fans have been wanting to see for entire seasons. The show creators are going "haha, you want to see these guys so bad, well you can't now, their stories were eaten." I can see what a lot of fans would be freaking out at the prospect. I think it was a hilarious bit, but even I am hoping that it's not actually the case that we won't ever get the Evil Morty storyline.

It should be kept in mind that the Rick and Morty getting their stories drained weren't the actual Rick and Morty but a pair of soulless action figures, so the whole thing was a misdirect anyway.

H9f4bVe.png
  • Options
    BronzeKoopaBronzeKoopa Registered User regular
    I would feel kind of guilty cutting loose if all it took to break free from the face huggers was pulling on the top tentacles. Put on space helmets and slap some host faces.

• Options
    Zilla360Zilla360 21st Century. |She/Her| Trans* Woman In Aviators Firing A Bazooka. ⚛️Registered User regular
    edited May 2020
    I would feel kind of guilty cutting loose if all it took to break free from the face huggers was pulling on the top tentacles. Put on space helmets and slap some host faces.
    "Well it's fine if they lay a gestating Egg inside of my intestines (somewhat erotically) BUT what I REALLY object to, Morty, is when they pipe their faeces into my lungs! That's just taking it too far!" :P

Zilla360 on
  • Options
    Mild ConfusionMild Confusion Smash All Things Registered User regular
    Golden Yak wrote: »

I think it comes down to the bit where Story Lord is draining Rick and Morty of 'story potential' and Rick suggests that every 'scene' that is being played during that part is no longer going to happen.

I mean the overall joke is that stories are being used up and won't be witnessed ever, and some of those stories include elements and characters that fans have been wanting to see for entire seasons. The show creators are going "haha, you want to see these guys so bad, well you can't now, their stories were eaten." I can see what a lot of fans would be freaking out at the prospect. I think it was a hilarious bit, but even I am hoping that it's not actually the case that we won't ever get the Evil Morty storyline.

It should be kept in mind that the Rick and Morty getting their stories drained weren't the actual Rick and Morty but a pair of soulless action figures, so the whole thing was a misdirect anyway.

Maybe, but it’s still reading too much into it.

Just cause they showed Evil Morty and Tammy and Phoenix person doing those particular things in that particular way doesn’t mean they can’t come back and do something else. Maybe it’ll be a gag episode where Jerry accidentally beats Evil Morty or whatever. Hell, they could even end Tammy as the exact way as depicted in the train episode, then never bring back Snowball, and then later do something different with Phoenix Person and never mention Evil Morty again as another massive troll to keep people off balance.

I’m just saying they’ve always done what they want and if they want to be done with the characters, they can be, but if they want to bring them back, they can do that too, in whatever form they want. Maybe as another troll or maybe play it straight or anything in between.

Using the episode as proof they won’t bring back old characters again is just another fan theory for them to shit upon some day. A lot can happen in the 60 plus episodes left.

steam_sig.png

Battlenet ID: MildC#11186 - If I'm in the game, send me an invite at anytime and I'll play.
  • Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Plus... it's Rick and Morty.

They only can't do things until they suddenly can. Or vice versa. Anyone taking the show at face value over such a thing is being way too credulous about a show heavily focusing on poop and vomit gags.

Yeah, I know, a good sized enough chunk of the fanbase is so toxic that they've had to call it out a few times now.

I can still think it's dumb.

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    RT800RT800 Registered User regular
    I guess those mounds behind Jerry's beehives are supposed to be Rick and Morty's graves.

Continuity!

• Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    Those graves are from one of the most iconic moments of the show. I'd be proud of them too.

• Options
    RedTideRedTide Registered User regular
    edited May 2020
    Most of the character callbacks from the train episode that were shown would be from a studio written boring pile of crap anyway.

Like it half feels like a riff on the last season of game of thrones and it's approach of just shoving everyone you love into the same scenes and how it can totally fail to tell a remotely compelling story.

Edit: this isn't to say that there's anything wrong with those characters, but the story they showed using them in I could give a shit about.

RedTide on
    RedTide#1907 on Battle.net
    Come Overwatch with meeeee
  • Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    Look they can't get to Evil Morty yet we're only 7 years into the 100 year contract

• Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    100YR&M

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    DanHibiki wrote: »
    Who eats pancakes with honey any way? It's like the poor man's maple syrup

I imagine you do it when your kinda pathetic father/husband/son-in-law starts keeping bees.

• Options
    AntoshkaAntoshka Miauen Oil Change LazarusRegistered User regular
    DanHibiki wrote: »
    Who eats pancakes with honey any way? It's like the poor man's maple syrup

I invite anyone who wants to look up the cost of Manuka honey, then tell me it's a poor man's topping

n57PM0C.jpg
  • Options
    ElJeffeElJeffe Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Honey on pancakes is rad, y'all trippin.

I submitted an entry to Lego Ideas, and if 10,000 people support me, it'll be turned into an actual Lego set!If you'd like to see and support my submission, follow this link.
  • Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    Sometimes I like just butter on pancakes.

• Options
    MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    Clotted cream and syrup is the way, the truth, and the light

"Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • Options
    Skandy-style with lemon and sugar and butter is pretty great, too

Or southern style, with strawberry jam and cream

So many good ways to do pancakery

• Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Maple syrup is fantastic for a lot of different things, but man it is not the only amazing experience for pancakes. It is iconic because it's a lot easier to transport bottles of tree sap than most of the other delicious toppings.

• Options
    RT800RT800 Registered User regular
    I prefer waffles.

• Options
    The only thing I can’t get onboard with is sour cream on blintzes. I know it’s traditional, but man, that just does not taste like breakfast to me.

My coworker who keeps kosher says that’s okay as long as I use jam

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Atomika wrote: »
    The only thing I can’t get onboard with is sour cream on blintzes. I know it’s traditional, but man, that just does not taste like breakfast to me.

Youve never done sour cream on egg?

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options

I don’t think I like sour cream on anything, come to think of it

• Options
    mmmm

German pancakes with lemon curd and whipped cream

damn now I want that

• Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited May 2020
    Episode 7 finally on Amazon.
    Summer is great.

Incenjucar on
  • Options
    Incenjucar wrote: »
    Episode 7 finally on Amazon.
    Summer is great.

She’s routinely my favorite part of the show

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular

I don’t think I like sour cream on anything, come to think of it

Thats fair. Its probably an aquired taste in most dishes.

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    flamebroiledchickenflamebroiledchicken Registered User regular
    That's funny, my favorite pancakes are Russian oladyi, which are made with sour cream in the batter and then you put more sour cream on top.

y59kydgzuja4.png
  • Options
    SyngyneSyngyne Registered User regular
    Jragghen wrote: »
    Sometimes I like just butter on pancakes.

Same, just to give the butter some texture.

5gsowHm.png
  • Options
    DanHibikiDanHibiki Registered User regular
    You know what really goes well with Pancakes? Respect.
    https://youtu.be/wRB5WvQob08

• Options
    JokermanJokerman Everything EverywhereRegistered User regular
    I'm liking Solar opposites better then Current rick and morty. The meta episodes have just been a little too heavy. Probably my least favorite episode of the series being the heist episode.

• Options
    President RexPresident Rex Registered User regular
    While Summer seems to be written relatively consistently, something has sounded off about her voice this entire season. It's still Spencer Grammer as far as I know, but sounds different (with a few lines returning to old Summer).

Possibly even more extreme than Futurama's 1st season Bender and later Bender.

• Options
    Hexmage-PAHexmage-PA Registered User regular
    I
    While Summer seems to be written relatively consistently, something has sounded off about her voice this entire season. It's still Spencer Grammer as far as I know, but sounds different (with a few lines returning to old Summer).

Possibly even more extreme than Futurama's 1st season Bender and later Bender.

Regarding Bender's original voice, a podcast I listen to called Wizard and the Bruiser explained that John DiMaggio originally auditioned for Professor Farnsworth and used his Farnsworth voice for Bender.

• Options
    SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    mmmm

German pancakes with lemon curd and whipped cream

damn now I want that

@Atomika continuity! :biggrin:

Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • Options
    GONG-00GONG-00 Registered User regular
    edited May 2020
    Vat of Acid Episode:
    That was fun. Avoiding the Groundhog Day route with the brunette *chef kiss*

GONG-00 on
    Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    ACNH Island Isla Cero: DA-3082-2045-4142
    Captain of the SES Comptroller of the State
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • Options
    AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular
    Vat of Acid Episode:
    That was fun. Avoiding the Groundhog Day route with the brunette *chef kiss*

I felt like that gag went on a little too long but the payoff was good.

Also goddamn Rick can be cruel.

cs6f034fsffl.jpg