Options

[NFL] Thread: Gov. DeSantis Has Criminal Disregard For Florida Sports Fans

• Options
    GyralGyral Registered User regular
    Maybe they'll pull a Jags and tarp off half the stadium to make it look fuller.

25t9pjnmqicf.jpg
  • Options
    RickRudeRickRude Registered User regular
    One thing to remember although dolphins ownership aren't exactly awesome people .

The government ok a full stadium, plans are still to limit seating. So they could let 65k people in, they're only planning on 13k

• Options
    MorganVMorganV Registered User regular

"The NFL and NFLPA are now looking into multiple unauthorized workouts involving #Titans players since the facility closed amidst a COVID-19 outbreak – and not just workouts involving skill positions, per sources.

Two more players were confirmed positive today. Review ongoing."
    - Tom Pelissero is a reporter for the NFL Network.

I agree with Warren Sharp, an analyst for NBC Sports and the Ringer.

Essentially, fuck em. They forfeit their game against the Steelers. They forfeit their game this weekend against the Bills. They forfeit every game until they show they can be responsible fucking citizens of the sport, and not a plague factory.

The first occurance, fine, you get some tolerance, we're trying to get through this together. They've used up their chance. Now, the league shouldn't be doing anything to help them.

They own this, they should pay for it. Fuck em.

• Options
    Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    edited October 2020
    MorganV wrote: »

"The NFL and NFLPA are now looking into multiple unauthorized workouts involving #Titans players since the facility closed amidst a COVID-19 outbreak – and not just workouts involving skill positions, per sources.

Two more players were confirmed positive today. Review ongoing."
    - Tom Pelissero is a reporter for the NFL Network.

I agree with Warren Sharp, an analyst for NBC Sports and the Ringer.

Essentially, fuck em. They forfeit their game against the Steelers. They forfeit their game this weekend against the Bills. They forfeit every game until they show they can be responsible fucking citizens of the sport, and not a plague factory.

The first occurance, fine, you get some tolerance, we're trying to get through this together. They've used up their chance. Now, the league shouldn't be doing anything to help them.

They own this, they should pay for it. Fuck em.

If they can play the Bills, I dunno a draft pick and lots of money

If they can’t play, 100000% needs to be a forfeit, maybe that other stuff too

Damnit Vrabel, just when you were making me like your team for beating NE in the playoffs and rehabbing Tannehill

Captain Inertia on
  • Options
    admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    RickRude wrote: »
    One thing to remember although dolphins ownership aren't exactly awesome people .

The government ok a full stadium, plans are still to limit seating. So they could let 65k people in, they're only planning on 13k

The Dolphin's ownership could suck a whole lot and still suck exponentially less than Ron DeSantis.

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Hats off to bears fans, I dunno how you guys can watch that kind of amazing gameplay.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    Hats off to bears fans, I dunno how you guys can watch that kind of amazing gameplay.

The Bears are playing?

• Options

The Bears are playing?

Thursday night football against the patriots bucs.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Atlas in ChainsAtlas in Chains Registered User regular
    Because they are always competitive and things like what just happened seem to happen all the time. We see a lot of bounces go our way and it keeps hope alive.

• Options
    MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    That last hit on Gronk looked like it hurt.

• Options
    They deserve to lose for throwing it on 2nd. Lots of time for Tom to get in fg position

• Options
    Old man forgets how to count to 4.

• Options
    tinwhiskerstinwhiskers Registered User regular
    edited October 2020
    Just turned it on for the last few minutes and I forgot how nice Amazon streaming Thursday Night is. I didn't know this was a Buckman game until they showed the shot of the booth.

tinwhiskers on
    6ylyzxlir2dz.png
  • Options
    Brady thinking it was only 3rd down is awesome

• Options
    Atlas in ChainsAtlas in Chains Registered User regular
    They deserve to lose for throwing it on 2nd. Lots of time for Tom to get in fg position

Deserves got nothing to do with it. It's the Bears.

• Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    A million animated gifs of that moment just got made.

• Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
  • Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    How does a crappy theme restaurant chain have enough money to get NFL stadium naming rights?

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    knitdan wrote: »
    How does a crappy theme restaurant chain have enough money to get NFL stadium naming rights?

I mean, Mercedes Benz has two different NFL stadiums, so it's probably not THAT expensive.

Stabbity_Style.png
  • Options

Which stadium is this?

• Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    Just turned it on for the last few minutes and I forgot how nice Amazon streaming Thursday Night is. I didn't know this was a Buckman game until they showed the shot of the booth.

NFLN and FOX have some thing going on for a few more years. Thus, Buckman on Thuradays, too.

• Options
    Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    edited October 2020

Which stadium is this?

Probably Hard Rock Stadium, but who knows, maybe there's another crappy theme restaurant chain with an NFL stadium, I'm not terribly familiar with stadium names.

Stabbity Style on
    Stabbity_Style.png
  • Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular

Which stadium is this?

Someone mentioned a Hard Rock Stadium which i assume from context is where the Dolphins play but i suppose it could be Jacksonville. Just that it was in Florida.

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    Hard Rock Stadium (or it's proper name, Joe Robbie Stadium) is the Dolphins' home field.

sig.gif
  • Options
    ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    edited October 2020
    Hard Rock is not a crappy theme restaurant chain.

It's an overpriced theme bar chain that also sells extremely average food.

Seriously. Nobody goes for the food.

Tox on
    Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    Tox wrote: »
    Hard Rock Stadium is not a crappy sports venue.

It's an overpriced branded point of sale that also sells below average sports.

Seriously. Nobody goes for the footbaw.

• Options
    kaidkaid Registered User regular

That was a pretty wow moment. Brady has been running 2 minute drills for decades and he of all people forgot the down??

• Options
    kaid wrote: »

That was a pretty wow moment. Brady has been running 2 minute drills for decades and he of all people forgot the down??

If only there was some way for him to look and see what it is...

• Options
    Proof belecheck was the brains.

• Options
    Honestly its just one game in the regular season while he plays on a different less talented team. But man that loss is fucking delicious.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Honestly its just one game in the regular season while he plays on a different less talented team. But man that loss is fucking delicious.

No, this photo is delicious. He looks so confused and so sad.
    Henroid wrote: »

• Options
    ESPN Staff Writer
    Dolphins didn't ask for & don't plan to go to 65K full capacity at games this season, source says. Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis gave clearance to do so after state Phase 3 re-opening, but Dolphins comfortable at 13K capacity. Dolphins CEO Tom Garfinkel: "We'll continue to follow CDC guidelines & put everyone's safety first & monitor things as they go. Right now w/ positivity rates where they are, we feel that we can keep people safe in a socially distanced environment, which is our 13K capacity"

• Options
    Broadcast Maps

Today is weak because there are two Monday night games and one Tuesday game. And, of course, the upcoming Thursday game.

Ever wonder what seven days of pro footbaw might look like? Well, here we go.

• Options
    AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular

For now. DeSantis will lean hard to get them to let in more people.

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Options

For now. DeSantis will lean hard to get them to let in more people.

Yep. Can absolutely see them mandating that the Dolphins not artificially restrict access to those wanting tickets.

Because burdensome regulations on private businesses, that's OK for Republicans to introduce, as long as it fits their political agenda.

• Options
    Broadcast Maps

Today is weak because there are two Monday night games and one Tuesday game. And, of course, the upcoming Thursday game.

Ever wonder what seven days of pro footbaw might look like? Well, here we go.

There's no way we get all the way to the Superbowl . So many games are being rescheduled , cancelled, what happens when a playoff team gets covid? Do they just forfeit their playoff game?

In other news, looks like I get to watch miami play against sf. It's my daughter 1st birthday party though. So limited watching .

• Options
    Mother fucker! Fox doesn't have an afternoon game in my area. So I don't get miami san Fransisco. I've been excited about watching it since it was the only late game on fox all week. Looks like I don't get it.

Fuck the nfl and all their broadcasting deals/rules. Guess I can watch cops :/

• Options
    Man the chiefs choking against the raiders is bad, but I'm sure Seattle getting curb stomped by the vikings in prime time will be worse.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Nevermind the raiders appear to want to outchoke the chiefs.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Man the chiefs choking against the raiders is bad, but I'm sure Seattle getting curb stomped by the vikings in prime time will be worse.

If the Raiders lose, it's their own stupid fault.

Personal Foul gets them in prime range. How you don't cover Kelce, like at all, is just dumb. Then Mahomes magic's in the 2pt conversion.

I don't expect it, but I fucking hope so. As much because I might want KC to win, I want Gruden to lose more.

This discussion has been closed.