As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Star Trek: Give Us Sexy Dolphins Now!!

• Options
    GONG-00GONG-00 Registered User regular
    Hm... It is free, and that's the best price for anything.

Feels like there is a Rule of Acquisition covering just that. Also, it feels like there would be a second rule warning of the danger of anything given freely.

Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    ACNH Island Isla Cero: DA-3082-2045-4142
    Captain of the SES Comptroller of the State
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • Options
    RichyRichy Registered User regular
    GONG-00 wrote: »
    Hm... It is free, and that's the best price for anything.

Feels like there is a Rule of Acquisition covering just that. Also, it feels like there would be a second rule warning of the danger of anything given freely.

Closest I can think of is "There's nothing wrong with charity, so long as it ends up in your pocket."

Also, I've just realized I'm still capable of quoting Rules of Acquisition by heart after all these years.

sig.gif
  • Options
    VoodooVVoodooV Registered User regular
    Just rewatched Season 1's Justice,

After chuckling at all the free love scenes and the platinum blond jerry curls. It does rather bother me that they didn't even bother to suggest that as some sort of compromise that Wesley have a punishment, just not necessarily a capital one. I'm sure Wesley would have been happy to repair the flower box or whatever that was and re-plant the destroyed flowers or some other form of non-lethal punishment.

Of course, as even Memory Alpha points out, why are they even contacting a seemingly pre-warp civilization in the first place? Oh the inconsistency of early episodes.

• Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    Galaxy's Child is even more awkward then I remember. The moment where Brahms is in the holodeck and then Geordi runs in had me scrambling for the bottle of poison to make this end.

At the same time, the internet's hottakes on this episode are way overblown. While Geordi pointing out she's being kind of shitty and possessive feels not quite the right tone for resolving the situation, it's not terrible and Guinan calls him on his crap beforehand and it all works out well in the end.

It's also a really good episode in that the other main plot both motivates the resolution of the Geordi/Brahms plot and is also compelling in it's own right. Stewart's acting during the scene where he realises they've killed the giant space creature they just met is just amazing and hits exactly the right tone.

• Options
    DanHibikiDanHibiki Registered User regular
    Y
    VoodooV wrote: »
    Just rewatched Season 1's Justice,

After chuckling at all the free love scenes and the platinum blond jerry curls. It does rather bother me that they didn't even bother to suggest that as some sort of compromise that Wesley have a punishment, just not necessarily a capital one. I'm sure Wesley would have been happy to repair the flower box or whatever that was and re-plant the destroyed flowers or some other form of non-lethal punishment.

Of course, as even Memory Alpha points out, why are they even contacting a seemingly pre-warp civilization in the first place? Oh the inconsistency of early episodes.

Easily explained by the fact that the first contact team was Riker and Tasha Yar, and the minute they found out about the orgies all prime directive regulations went out the air lock.

• Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    I don't know. I don't really see this twincest thing people are talking about. Like this episode it was only hostile... It was maybe a little mustache twirly...

actually wait, i just realized who the villain reminds me of
    9piswuypj4fi.png

• Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    edited February 2020
    I feel like "Justice" was the product of something like "Okay, since this is Star Trek, we should have an episode focusing on the Prime Directive", and... that was all the thought that went into it.

EDIT: Okay, I just read what the original story idea was, compared to what we got, and uh wow.

Commander Zoom on
  • Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    EDIT: Okay, I just read what the original story idea was, compared to what we got, and uh wow.

Wow, indeed. They were originally planning to film it without the knuck? Madness.

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • Options
    Dark_SideDark_Side Registered User regular
    Finally got to the episode in DS9 where Bashir's history gets retconned as a genetically modified super human -which I still really dislike. It's such a bad episode, minus Robert Picardo's angsty teenage doctor and Rom. Siddig just can't seem to carry the plot along and the whole thing drags. It's also just kind of a mean episode all around -Bashir is shitty to his parents, the EMH Dr. is shitty to Bashir and his family and friends.

• Options
    Dark_Side wrote: »
    Finally got to the episode in DS9 where Bashir's history gets retconned as a genetically modified super human -which I still really dislike. It's such a bad episode, minus Robert Picardo's angsty teenage doctor and Rom. Siddig just can't seem to carry the plot along and the whole thing drags. It's also just kind of a mean episode all around -Bashir is shitty to his parents, the EMH Dr. is shitty to Bashir and his family and friends.

I remember disliking it back in the day. On rewatch it's actually worse and I hate that turn for his character.

• Options
    edited February 2020
    shryke wrote: »

I remember disliking it back in the day. On rewatch it's actually worse and I hate that turn for his character.

Yep, pretty much. I thought maybe on a re-watch it would make more sense, but it's still lame as hell.

Dark_Side on
  • Options
    AnzekayAnzekay Registered User regular
    I actually really loved that episode honestly. Yeah, the EMH doctor is a jerk, but there's loads of characters in Star Trek who are jerks so that isn't a deal breaker for me. I genuinely liked that turn of events for Bashir's backstory, and it shapes a lot of how his character grows in the future and while it makes him special, it mostly makes him special because of who he tries to be and who he becomes, not because of the genetic modifications. Is he kinda mean to his parents? Yes, but as someone who has a difficult relationship with my parents I empathise with him a lot, and over time it's shown that he patches stuff up with them.

• Options
    Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    edited February 2020
    In Bashir's defense of his hostility towards his parents, they stuck him with sufficient intelligence to perfectly understand just how shitty the risk was that they were taking with his well-being, and with the lives of other Federation citizens, because he wasn't performing up to their standards.

He would've led a perfectly content and happy life within the Federation without the modifications, his parents were the ones with the problems. And they just kept hammering away at that whole "be we did it for you" excuse like it actually carried any weight.

Ninja Snarl P on
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    Anzekay wrote: »
    I actually really loved that episode honestly. Yeah, the EMH doctor is a jerk, but there's loads of characters in Star Trek who are jerks so that isn't a deal breaker for me. I genuinely liked that turn of events for Bashir's backstory, and it shapes a lot of how his character grows in the future and while it makes him special, it mostly makes him special because of who he tries to be and who he becomes, not because of the genetic modifications. Is he kinda mean to his parents? Yes, but as someone who has a difficult relationship with my parents I empathise with him a lot, and over time it's shown that he patches stuff up with them.

I don't take issue with him being mean to his parents, that makes sense in the plot. Just more in general that the entire episode has this really kind of cruel vibe. The whole thing really hurts Bashir for me as a character. Now, instead of being a driven, incredibly smart human being who still makes mistakes sometimes, he becomes a super man who may only make mistakes to hide who he really is, and I find the latter character really boring.

Dark_Side on
  • Options
    AnzekayAnzekay Registered User regular
    Anzekay wrote: »

I don't take issue with him being mean to his parents, that makes sense in the plot. Just more in general that the entire episode has this really kind of cruel vibe. The whole thing really hurts Bashir for me as a character. Now, instead of being a driven, incredibly smart human being who still makes mistakes sometimes, he becomes a super man who may only make mistakes to hide who he really is, and I find the latter character really boring.

I don't really agree with this either, honestly. He's got the genetic boosts, but he still makes mistakes (like the rest of the cast, he makes a lot of mistakes that are genuine ones, not fake mistakes), and learns so so much throughout the course of the series. Season 7 Bashir has grown so much as not only a person, but also as a doctor and a starfleet officer, compared to how he is in season 1. The entire point of him being genetically modified for his character arc is to demonstrate that even with all these improvements he has, he's still just human and still fallible and imperfect. He grows and learns like the rest of the cast does, it's just that how he goes about doing it is different and unique... Much like it is for people in the real world who learn and work differently to other people.

Also his friends and coworkers accept him for who he is, even though Starfleet clearly takes a bit of an issue with it, and it becomes the topic of some friendly (and clearly consensual) joshing between him and the others (usually O'Brian). That's a message I really appreciate and respect.

• Options
    daveNYCdaveNYC Why universe hate Waspinator? Registered User regular
    So I just did the transition from S2 to S3 in DS9. It's pretty interesting how the show makes it pretty clear that there's going to be some solid continuity going forward with the constant name dropping of the Dominion in casual conversation in every episode. The Founders/Dominion thing wasn't just some trial balloon that they writers put up, they were committing to it. I'd be interested in the discussion that happened with the studio that let them go serialized, I assume that the success of B5 entered into it at least a little bit.
    Good stuff and bad stuff:
    1. The Jem'Hadar are way over the top when introduced. They can do the Predator thing, transport through shields, walk through force fields, detect cloaked ships, shoot through shields. They want to show them as a credible threat to the powers of the Alpha Quadrant, but it's all a bit much. Plus the Vorta are telekinetic, so there's that too.
    2. The ship fight against the Jem'Hadar was kind of funny because it was a Galaxy class with a few Runabouts along for the ride. A few extra phaser banks and photon launchers never hurt anyone, but it kind of came off as a Iowa class battleship with a couple fishing boats that someone had glued a .50 cal to along for the ride.
    3. Odo adopts a Jem'Hadar baby whose growth seems to violate the conservation of mass, unless they just hooked his mouth up to a replicator and had it running 24/7. The episode has good interactions between Kira and Odo and a few others, but I found the episode as a whole distasteful. I think the writers were working to setup just how dangerous the Jem'Hadar were, but what I got out of it was that they were genetic psychopaths so I shouldn't feel bad when the bodies start piling up in future episodes.
    4. The O'Brien Must Suffer episode where the Cardassians cross the border and grab him and put him on trial in order to give them an excuse to break the treaty was kind of half assed. The Federation response was... tepid at best. They send three ships to the border and maybe a sternly worded letter to the Central Command. Plus the Cardassian show trial is strange because their show trial is very 1984-esque, with the expectation that the defendant will simply throw themselves on the mercy of the court. I'd have thought that a more Law & Order style show trial, where the defense throws a twist and the heroic prosecution crushes their nefarious attempts to cheat justice would be more satisfying to the masses.
    5. Then the Cardassians grab Kira as part of a pretty slick plan to nail a dissident on the Central Command. This is a really solid episode. The Cardassian plan is tricky and makes sense, and Visitor and the guy playing her Cardassian 'father' knock it out of the park. Plus it has Garak providing the dumbest excuse for getting the crew out of a jam with a Cardassian ship. Everyone on the crew knows something is hinky, he knows that they know something is hinky, and he's still compelled to spout a stupidly obvious lie because that's how he rolls.
    6. The Cardassians are acting a bit like North Korea. Running around kidnapping people and generally being dicks, while being just militarily strong enough the Federation isn't willing to slap them down.
    7. Jake is 16 years old and dating a 20 year old, which raises interesting questions about the age of consent. I'm not really understanding the stigma of being a dabo girl either. It's not exactly a high skill job, so maybe it's a class thing, but I've been in bars where the bartender is showing as much cleavage and flirting with customers in order to sell drinks and make tips and I don't think 'A bartender, Godspeed Jake.' would work as an O'Brien line. The writers really seem to be acting as to a dabo girl is in a similar category as a stripper or something. 20th century American sexual mores at work I guess.
    8. House of Quark. Yeah. Good stuff. I think they started to make Quark marginally less of a greedy bastard. Plus the scene with the High Council all staring blankly at a bunch of spreadsheets while Quark jabbers about column A row 46 was great. If I ran a bar in Trek I'm pretty sure I'd have to have a No Klingons or Nausicaans policy that's backed up by lethal force. Not only do those two species seem to start all the bar fights, they seem to have a dubious grasp of non-lethality to boot. Starting a fight and trashing your joint is one thing, killing off a few of your regulars is something completely different.
    9. It's unfortunate that they seem to have dropped the Romulan officer. Having a Romulan around in a non-antagonist role would have been nice.

Shut up, Mr. Burton! You were not brought upon this world to get it!
  • Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    I would say a favor girl is kinda sorta like a Las Vegas showgirl. Not really a stripper, but not really just a bartender, either.

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • Options
    KrieghundKrieghund Registered User regular
    Back in the day, I had pegged the Dabo girls as something along the lines of 19th century saloon prostitutes. Yeah, they can have a good time with customers, but they might be picking up a different kind of customer as well. This is a Ferengi run establishment with holo suites for run of the mill stuff, but over here you can get the real thing, but only if you're spending the money.

• Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    I think I always assumed they were just waitresses with low cut tops.

• Options
    Cambiata wrote: »
    I would say a favor girl is kinda sorta like a Las Vegas showgirl. Not really a stripper, but not really just a bartender, either.

I just sort of looked at her as a blackjack dealer but with maximum boobage. It probably was more scandalous to me back when I watched it originally, but my Overton window (so to speak) has shifted massively since then so this time around it barely merited a shrug.

The Mirror Universe episode was also watched. Mostly it was an enjoyable chance to watch the cast chew all the scenery. I think it would have had more heft as a two-parter that would have let Kira really chew on the Bajorans becoming the oppressors and the risk of that happening in her universe. Also, since every visit to the mirror universe somehow having the exact same people as the regular one, my head canon is that every trip to the other side is actually to a different mirror that manages to incorporate the events in previous trips there while somehow (quantum!) arranging things so that all the same people (in different roles) from the regular universe also exist.

• Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    edited February 2020
    I never got the impression that sex work was illegal so if a dabo girl wanted to earn a bit of extra latinum, that might be something they do, leading to a reputation (which would only make it a point of concern for Jake given the relative difference in, erm, experience). The job quark hired them for seemed to basically be "Hooters waitress" though

override367 on
  • Options
    HardtargetHardtarget There Are Four Lights VancouverRegistered User regular

Yep, pretty much. I thought maybe on a re-watch it would make more sense, but it's still lame as hell.

siddig sabotaged his performance on purpose as he hated the script / direction for the character

(i actually like the direction but that is based on what they do with it later on in the series)

steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
  • Options
    A dabo girl is the equivalent of a Hooters girl. Not quite stripper or anything, but definitely in the realm of "hot woman selling her sexuality".

• Options
    StrikorStrikor Calibrations? Calibrations! Registered User regular
    The dabo girls get the customers going, then the holosuites are right upstairs.

Pretty damn smart business model now that I think about it.

• Options
    edited February 2020
    daveNYC wrote: »
    So I just did the transition from S2 to S3 in DS9. It's pretty interesting how the show makes it pretty clear that there's going to be some solid continuity going forward with the constant name dropping of the Dominion in casual conversation in every episode. The Founders/Dominion thing wasn't just some trial balloon that they writers put up, they were committing to it. I'd be interested in the discussion that happened with the studio that let them go serialized, I assume that the success of B5 entered into it at least a little bit.
    1. The Jem'Hadar are way over the top when introduced. They can do the Predator thing, transport through shields, walk through force fields, detect cloaked ships, shoot through shields. They want to show them as a credible threat to the powers of the Alpha Quadrant, but it's all a bit much. Plus the Vorta are telekinetic, so there's that too.
    2. The ship fight against the Jem'Hadar was kind of funny because it was a Galaxy class with a few Runabouts along for the ride. A few extra phaser banks and photon launchers never hurt anyone, but it kind of came off as a Iowa class battleship with a couple fishing boats that someone had glued a .50 cal to along for the ride.
    3. Odo adopts a Jem'Hadar baby whose growth seems to violate the conservation of mass, unless they just hooked his mouth up to a replicator and had it running 24/7. The episode has good interactions between Kira and Odo and a few others, but I found the episode as a whole distasteful. I think the writers were working to setup just how dangerous the Jem'Hadar were, but what I got out of it was that they were genetic psychopaths so I shouldn't feel bad when the bodies start piling up in future episodes.

The Vorta are actually the ones who get their powers walked back. The Jem'Hadar stay basically the same, though the federation does adjust their shields to be able to keep at least their weapons from piercing them. I think it's important because the Dominion isn't supposed to just be a credible threat to the Federation, they are a vast empire fully capable of rolling over the Federation.

And the point of the Jem'Hadar baby story is that it's somewhat of a tragedy. Or maybe a horror story. It plays off the same kind of story as the Hugh/Borg episode of TNG. But it goes the opposite way. Not to like shit on TNG's ideals or anything, but as a demonstration of just how monstrous the Founders are. The Jem'Hadar are slaves and killing-machines because they've been designed that way and you can't just try and fix them of that by being nice. What's been done to them is more terrible and fundamental then that. And what does that say about the other changelings, that aren't Odo. The Jem'hadar even tells Odo as he leaves that the others must be nothing like him.

shryke on
  • Options
    honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    Onwards with TNG:

Captain's log: disaster has struck. Had to spend an extended period of time with three children.

• Options

The Vorta are actually the ones who get their powers walked back. The Jem'Hadar stay basically the same, though the federation does adjust their shields to be able to keep at least their weapons from piercing them. I think it's important because the Dominion isn't supposed to just be a credible threat to the Federation, they are a vast empire fully capable of rolling over the Federation.

And the point of the Jem'Hadar baby story is that it's somewhat of a tragedy. Or maybe a horror story. It plays off the same kind of story as the Hugh/Borg episode of TNG. But it goes the opposite way. Not to like shit on TNG's ideals or anything, but as a demonstration of just how monstrous the Founders are. The Jem'Hadar are slaves and killing-machines because they've been designed that way and you can't just try and fix them of that by being nice. What's been done to them is more terrible and fundamental then that. And what does that say about the other changelings, that aren't Odo. The Jem'hadar even tells Odo as he leaves that the others must be nothing like him.

The Dominion could roll over the Federation simply because they're a vast empire that's designed for genocidal wars of expansion. A few areas of technological superiority, no problem, being better at all the things was a bit much for me.

They did talk about the various genetic controls the Founders had put in a number of times. They just didn't have nearly the impact on me as the amount of raw violence that the Jem'Hadar was showing. He wasn't just Klingon violent, he was straight up considering everyone other than Odo as inferior and an enemy.

• Options
    klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    The Jem'hadar child violating conservation of mass makes a certain degree of sense. they were designed by the Founders, who violate that particular rule whenever the hell they want, they wouldn't see a problem with it. Presumably another race told them about it at some point and they were just "Oh, that's adorable. Here, let me turn my entire humanoid mass into an ordinary glass that isn't even super-heavy because this Ferengi can carry it on a try without noticing anything wrong."
    (Although Ferengi are strong enough to break bars of gold with their bare hands, so that may not be the best example)

Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • Options

The Dominion could roll over the Federation simply because they're a vast empire that's designed for genocidal wars of expansion. A few areas of technological superiority, no problem, being better at all the things was a bit much for me.

They did talk about the various genetic controls the Founders had put in a number of times. They just didn't have nearly the impact on me as the amount of raw violence that the Jem'Hadar was showing. He wasn't just Klingon violent, he was straight up considering everyone other than Odo as inferior and an enemy.

Some amount of technological superiority is also part of the point though. And also easier to convey. I think the ramming more then anything is what gets the point across though.

And the raw violence of the Jem'hadar is the point. That's not just a thing they do, that's how they were designed. That's the big horrible thing more then the addiction to drugs (although that's also bad).

• Options
    PailryderPailryder Registered User regular

Some amount of technological superiority is also part of the point though. And also easier to convey. I think the ramming more then anything is what gets the point across though.

And the raw violence of the Jem'hadar is the point. That's not just a thing they do, that's how they were designed. That's the big horrible thing more then the addiction to drugs (although that's also bad).

They waffle on that violence later on though. When we have the *spoiler for those that are going through the series
    Worf and Martok duels while prisoners, the Jem'Hadar are shown to at least understand more than just pure obediance to the Founders
    I like when they try to make them more than just borg clones 2.0

• Options
    KingofMadCowsKingofMadCows Registered User regular

The Defiant was able to take hits from Jem'Hadar ships because it had armor.

The Federation was only able to modify their shields to resist Dominion weapons after Sisko recovered a crashed Jem'Hadar ship for Starfleet to study. Without that ship, the Federation, Klingons, and Romulans would have been steamrolled.

• Options
    I thought it was a compelling thought that perhaps with time, getting through a Jem'Hadar's programming and conditioning was possible. Unfortunately, the war meant time was a resource the Federation did not have in abundance.

Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • Options
    I thought it was a compelling thought that perhaps with time, getting through a Jem'Hadar's programming and conditioning was possible. Unfortunately, the war meant time was a resource the Federation did not have in abundance.
    Yeah it is interesting, like did the Founders keep making white, did they all just die off from withdrawl or did the Federation insist on getting the seven secret herbs and spices to make white themselves?

• Options
    With the war's end, I assume Dominion troops went back to the Gamma Quadrant.

Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • Options

Yeah I don't think the Federation would agree to let the Dominion maintain a military force, especially when they're entirely made up of genetic slaves.

• Options
    RichyRichy Registered User regular
    S
    That one Vorta being a telekinetic exception makes sense though. In the Star Trek universe telekinesis is a genetic trait, and the Vorta are genetically engineered, so the Founders can give them telekinesis if they want to. Which they don't, because they are total dicks to the Vorta, as Weyoun's short size, poor eyesight, and limited sense of taste have shown. But they do give the Vorta abilities needed to get their work done (like being immune to all poisons). So for a specific Vorta going on (what they assumed was) a long-term mission with zero support, it makes sense they would give him some ability for self-defense.

Fun idea: maybe the Vorta were originally a telekinetic species, and the Founders engineered it out of them, along with eyesight, to make them less of a threat and more dependent on the Founders for support.

sig.gif
  • Options
    That_GuyThat_Guy I don't wanna be that guy Registered User regular
    I really hope some episode of Picard at least gives us a glimpse into what happened to the Dominion. I don't count STO as canon and I doubt the showrunners would either.

• Options
    edited February 2020
    That_Guy wrote: »
    I really hope some episode of Picard at least gives us a glimpse into what happened to the Dominion. I don't count STO as canon and I doubt the showrunners would either.

Likely it's just been a uneasy detente in public and an escalating cold war in private, as the Founders rebuild their war chest and lock down their territories in the Gamma quadrant. I didn't get the sense from DS9 that they as species were going to learn anything from the war or Odo's experiences. I'd bet they'd blow up or block the wormhole as soon as possible too.

Dark_Side on
  • Options
    Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    That_Guy wrote: »

Likely it's just been a uneasy detente in public and an escalating cold war in private, as the Founders rebuild their war chest and lock down their territories in the Gamma quadrant. I didn't get the sense from DS9 that they as species were going to learn anything from the war or Odo's experiences. I'd bet they'd blow up or block the wormhole as soon as possible too.

I got the opposite impression. There was a period of time in which the Founders tried to live with solids, but they learned the lesson "solids are sad, inferior scum" and learned it too well. Now that their illusion of superiority has been completely destroyed, even amongst themselves, and all their secrets laid bare, the only guarantee I can see them wanting is to be left alone. They don't actually want to be running the Dominion, which is why they created a race of enforcers and a race of administrators/bureaucrats; they seem to genuinely resent being distracted by the needs of the empire, as it only exists to assure their comfort and safety while they have their endless weird changeling orgy.

The Founders are stubborn, but they aren't completely stupid and they don't seem big on holding grudges. Personally, I'd expect they would fold up on the whole Dominion idea and instead move over to living secretly somewhere nondescript, with the Federation's backing. Solids could commence an eternal war against one another for all they care, as long as the Founders are left in peace. Hell, probably the only thing the Founders mind about the whole Dominion War is that it actually killed a few Founders, nothing else about it probably carries any weight to them.

• Options
    KingofMadCowsKingofMadCows Registered User regular
    DanHibiki wrote: »

Yeah I don't think the Federation would agree to let the Dominion maintain a military force, especially when they're entirely made up of genetic slaves.

There's nothing the Federation can do about it. The Dominion still has a vast empire in the Gamma Quadrant.

This discussion has been closed.