Options

[BATTLETECH/MechWarrior] Sea Fox merchants buy PGI lostech using Terra-based shell company

• Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    Double Heavy PPCs for medium brawl range sounds like a LOT of fun.

• Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    Didn’t se this mentioned, but there’s a big month-long event with decent rewards running in MWO, including a ‘mech and mechbay at the end.

• Options
    monkeykinsmonkeykins Registered User regular
    Elvenshae wrote: »
    Didn’t se this mentioned, but there’s a big month-long event with decent rewards running in MWO, including a ‘mech and mechbay at the end.

Yeah, and the AMS challenge is painful.
    3AMS Kit Fox? Lol, enemy team is all ballistics. Polar Highlands? Oops, there goes your ammo to a Gauss crit.
    Giving up and just running all my mechs with single AMS while I work on the other challenges.

• Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    I'm still at the point where you only have light and medium mechs(2/3 on orion scrap!) and it's pretty fun cramming as much weaponry as you can on a light and zooming around on a panther with 4 medium lasers and a srm on it. pewpew

• Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    monkeykins wrote: »
    Elvenshae wrote: »

Yeah, and the AMS challenge is painful.
    3AMS Kit Fox? Lol, enemy team is all ballistics. Polar Highlands? Oops, there goes your ammo to a Gauss crit.
    Giving up and just running all my mechs with single AMS while I work on the other challenges.
    People with Gauss rifles aren't shooting at your legs.

• Options
    edited February 2021
    SRM ammo went in my legs.
    Actually, I should see if I can switch out the missile omni for energy omni- it started as a SSRM/ECM/AMS build, then kind of switched to SRM when I realized the SRM did almost as well against lights and much better against the big guys I had to face at the end of the match after hiding under my assaults legs the whole time.

The 100 Components Destroyed part might be what actually trips me up. If you got at least one for destroying a rear CT, perhaps not so bad, but backstabbing doesn't pay off for that challenge.

monkeykins on
  • Options
    BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    Event you say? Betsuni is logging in.

First match, load up the Kit Fox for the AMS part and for the laughs.

Ok, this one was a decent outing.
    uh_what.png

2 kills were against stealth Pirate's Banes who thought they knew how to pilot a Locust. HA! Don't take on a fellow Locust pilot.
    1 kill was against an AFKer.
    1 kill was red Mad Cat Mk II who was trying to be sneaky powered down after losing their arms.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • Options
    NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    I did a few faction drops last night and cleaned up a few of the requirements (1000 damage with ballistics etc can easily be done in one game).

I built a 4xLRM-15 Catapult I may use to one shot the missile part.

• Options
    edited February 2021
    Turned my mouse sensitivity down a fair amount, and the arm aiming is actually useful now. It was up pretty high, and I never unlocked them because the crosshair was so jittery.

Also- a few free colors from the event, yay!

Except... it didn't give me the Obsidian Black? Hmm.

monkeykins on
  • Options
    I'm having a problem playing the game lately. My left mouse click is not reliably holding down clicks, or registering double (or triple or quad clicks) on single clicks, etc. So it makes MG and RAC use a huge pain in the ass.

• Options
    Henroid wrote: »
    I'm having a problem playing the game lately. My left mouse click is not reliably holding down clicks, or registering double (or triple or quad clicks) on single clicks, etc. So it makes MG and RAC use a huge pain in the ass.

I had this, but found out that it was my switch in the mouse. Had to take it apart then clean/grind the metal a bit and now it works again. Not sure if that is happening to yours or not, but just wanted to mention it.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    Betsuni wrote: »

I had this, but found out that it was my switch in the mouse. Had to take it apart then clean/grind the metal a bit and now it works again. Not sure if that is happening to yours or not, but just wanted to mention it.
    That's probably what it is, it's happened with previous ones I've owned. It's way, way too much trouble to try and open them up to clean though. And frankly scary.

• Options
    H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    edited February 2021

I've had this problem with my mouse for a while now. Apparently (see below) it's supposed to be a pretty easy fix, and even if you fuck it up, the switches are dirt cheap to replace (like a couple bucks for a set IIRC). Well, as long as it's the traditional mechanical switch; from a little bit of reading I did just now, it seems the newer Razers have optical switches that are still easily replaceable but hard to find for sale (and not compatible with the mechanicals).
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDoXMJyimDU&feature=youtu.be
    Also, if you have a Razer mouse, apparently the software can compensate for it?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KkGddmzXFYw

To be honest though, I keep putting off attempting either solution, so I can't personally speak to how well they work.

H3Knuckles on
    If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    I honestly hate how mice seem to fail so much more these days. Luckily I'm pretty handy with screws and popping things off to fix so it wasn't that bad for me. I recommend getting a small pack of high grit sandpaper to do it (luckily my wife has 800 grit paper), a loupe and some small tipped tweezers makes it so much easier. The hardest thing for me was popping off the "feet" of the mouse where I used a knife blade to get under them. After that it was just a screwdriver and another blade to pop open the switch itself. The fun part was trying to use the tweezers to put the metal switch back.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    I honestly hate how mice seem to fail so much more these days. Luckily I'm pretty handy with screws and popping things off to fix so it wasn't that bad for me. I recommend getting a small pack of high grit sandpaper to do it (luckily my wife has 800 grit paper), a loupe and some small tipped tweezers makes it so much easier. The hardest thing for me was popping off the "feet" of the mouse where I used a knife blade to get under them. After that it was just a screwdriver and another blade to pop open the switch itself. The fun part was trying to use the tweezers to put the metal switch back.
    Fucking seriously. I'm having to buy them every year and a half now for the past near decade. It's starting to piss me off.

The first optical mouse I bought so long ago lasted a LONG time. It was also a perfect fit for my hand (and I haven't been able to find a mouse since that was the same size).

• Options
    GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    I miss my Intellimouse still.

• Options
    Fucking seriously. I'm having to buy them every year and a half now for the past near decade. It's starting to piss me off.

The first optical mouse I bought so long ago lasted a LONG time. It was also a perfect fit for my hand (and I haven't been able to find a mouse since that was the same size).

I'm using the same wireless Logitech mouse and keyboard combo I got for like $50... 6 years ago? 8 years ago? It's been a long time.
    Signal strength is kinda bunk on the mouse recently in MWO, that or I just need new batteries. But also lag seems to be much worse than it was a year ago so it might be lag?

• Options
    H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    edited February 2021
    Glal wrote: »
    I miss my Intellimouse still.

Microsoft has a new wired USB Intellimouse model called the Intellimouse Classic you might want to check out:
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/microsoft-classic-intellimouse/94k0pmt1cmfw?activetab=pivot:overviewtab

US$40

H3Knuckles on
    If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    Fuck. My current mouse's middle click has started acting up...

• Options
    Oh hey the Intellimouse was the one I used to have too.

• Options
    edited February 2021
    Intellimouse was a good product. I had one on my previous computer that lasted me a very long time.

I'm currently using an old Razer Naga, the second model with the 4th & 5th buttons placed behind the wheel (the original design had them along the outside edge of the LMB, which seems like it would've been more comfortable). Considering it's over 8 years old and I have been rougher with it than I should have, I'm pretty happy with how it has held up in spite of the currently extra-clicky switches. Once I've fixed that it'll be fine, so I don't plan on replacing it anytime soon.

H3Knuckles on
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    I had a Razer, and then replaced that with a Corsair mouse. And they were/are both good hardware products, but I really dislike the drivers for both. If memory serves my Razer didn't even work with generic Windows drivers, you had to use its own?

And I guess if you're a Hardcore Gamer Who Needs Different Binds For Every Game that makes sense, however that's not me, and I've found all of their drivers to be a pain in the ass in some way or another. For example, my Corsair will run at minimal speed until the utility finishes setting up, so every reboot is started with 30 seconds of "drag the mouse for a mile to move the cursor an inch", and it will periodically not load up my binds, requiring a literal OS reboot to (maybe) fix (a log-off/on doesn't work, and Googling the issue just results in others going "yeah, it's been a problem for years").

It's also why I avoid Logitech products. Everyone seems to love them, but since the literal 90s I've periodically gone "this product is very highly rated, why don't I get Logitech again?", only to end up loathing their drivers for some quirk or another.

• Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    edited February 2021
    My corsair mouse drivers are not officially updated for windows 10. I had to do hacks to get it to properly boot up on startup and stay in the damn tray. Took about two hours and a lot of frustration and super specific googling to figure out how to do this. I was not amused.

It's all fixed now, but when I buy a new mouse, I will not be purchasing from a company that gives you the middle finger for supporting its own software after only a few years.

I had a razer viper mini when I first tried out mwo a few weeks back but that started to hurt my hand badly so I had to take it back. I should give it a go again with my old corsair.

Morninglord on
    (PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options
    Everything done except the components and kills for the Huntsman itself. Yay, I can (mostly) just play normally! Though if things are looking grim for my team I'll probably start aiming at arms for those components.

• Options
    monkeykins wrote: »
    Everything done except the components and kills for the Huntsman itself. Yay, I can (mostly) just play normally! Though if things are looking grim for my team I'll probably start aiming at arms for those components.

Nice! In the time I played yesterday morning I managed to get 25% of it done. Honestly playing MWO was really therapeutic for me and oddly in the dumb Kit Fox. Goes to show that people really ignore the ECM bubble and Kit Fox on the battlefield. Thanks to the thread I now run it with 3AMS, 3HML, and 4HMGs for the laughs. Not sold on the HMGs but they seem to be doing some good damage and I'm getting used to the range. Read some swapped the HMGs for LMGs for the range band to be the same as the HML.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    I took the Corsair out for a spin last night to make some progress on the AMS portion (2500 missiles shot down, really?) and it was amazing how few people did bring missiles.

I was deliberately sticking close to enemy Streak boats without killing them just to get the missiles shot down.

• Options
    Nobody wrote: »
    I took the Corsair out for a spin last night to make some progress on the AMS portion (2500 missiles shot down, really?) and it was amazing how few people did bring missiles.

I was deliberately sticking close to enemy Streak boats without killing them just to get the missiles shot down.

I cheated in one match and sort of face tanked an all LRM clan mech (I forgot what it was) in one match. I have no idea why the guy kept on shooting at me when nothing got through. Oh perhaps he was being nice and feeding me, yeah let's go with that.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    Nobody wrote: »

Played Polar earlier and half my team went down to LRM within 60s of initial contact. It was a massacre.

• Options
    Corsair 7A is great for this challenge, you're getting the AMS, the ballistic damage, energy damage, the components, kills most damage dealt done, you name it.

Urbie is best garbage can and the Corsair is best garbage van.

• Options
    I should take that mech out next.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    New bundles up in the store for Valentine’s Day

One of them is a bundle with the Shadow Hawk and Locust hero (which is an excellent lore reference for Valentines).

• Options
    Got within 10 components for the free mech and started getting impatient. 2 matches in a row I've nearly taken multiple enemies apart only to have them stolen. Then I started trying to force things with silly half-assed flanks in heavies only to run into the bulk of the enemy team and get instagibbed. 0 components destroyed in 5 matches.

• Options
    Man, tonight has been the night of LRMs. Had a match on Polar where the first 6+ minutes were just missiles flying and AMS shooting them down before we could begin to properly brawl.

• Options
    Matches where ALL of the LRMs are in play can be really goddamn silly. Few people bring enough ammo to make it sustain.

• Options
    Matches where ALL of the LRMs are in play can be really goddamn silly. Few people bring enough ammo to make it sustain.

I want to see a match where everybody has LRMs and AMS leaving everybody with near pristine mechs and only one or two backup lasers to hopefully destroy the enemy team.

Then again, that would be tremendously painful and probably end in a draw.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    tosoraktosorak Registered User regular
    My catapult carries all the missiles. Engine block - missles. Legs and arms - missles.
    Cockpit chair? Half empty ammo box. If I run out we probably won because I somehow lived long enough to fire all of them.

• Options
    edited February 2021

I want to see a match where everybody has LRMs and AMS leaving everybody with near pristine mechs and only one or two backup lasers to hopefully destroy the enemy team.

Then again, that would be tremendously painful and probably end in a draw.

Stock Catapult would make a killing in that scenario. Archer would do well too, no jump jets but more armor.

H3Knuckles on
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    tosorak wrote: »
    My catapult carries all the missiles. Engine block - missles. Legs and arms - missles.
    Cockpit chair? Half empty ammo box. If I run out we probably won because I somehow lived long enough to fire all of them.

Where do you keep your booze then?

• Options
    tosoraktosorak Registered User regular
    That's why the ammo box is half empty ;) On all official paperwork my Cat does not exceed the regulation 65 ton restriction. However several loadmasters have swung by the office when their calculations seemed slightly... off. A quick discussion and re-apportionment of said ammo box has always rectified any perceived issues.

• Options
    tosorak wrote: »

XL 220 or 225?