As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[BATTLETECH/MechWarrior] Sea Fox merchants buy PGI lostech using Terra-based shell company

• Options
    GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    One of the things coop does in Mechwarrior 5 is let you take less optimal/higher risk builds out. Builds that dont have easy ways to clear vtols or tanks from long range because you will have other allies who help with that.

Which means i got to play around with a dual AC/20, LRM10 king crab. The LRM10 is artemis with a half tonne of ammo. The AC/20s bring 6.5 tonnes of ammo.

Anyway my max range shot was 750 meters to hit a vtol with an AC/20. It was pretty fucking epic

wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    MWO: Sorry all, I had an all day meeting so didn't get home in time for Oosik Night. I'll try next week.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • Options
    Capt Salgado is an absolute legend

https://i.imgur.com/mkMNvSR.jpg

wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    shdwcastershdwcaster South DakotaRegistered User regular
    Finally got started with MW5 while at PAX South. First attempt did not go well. I took one of those multi-mission contracts too early, and the 2nd mission destroyed half my lance and left two of my pilots KIA. My fledgling mercenary corporation just couldn’t recover.

New run is going much better so far. I’ve got enough rep to move out of the initial Mercenaries Row area, but I want more than just my Centurion as the only Medium in the lance.

Honestly, I’m mostly just happy to finally have a new single-player Mechwarrior game.

• Options
    MWO: It is Oosik Night!!! I'm planning on being online and in game tonight. So hope to see some of you there.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    2nd Campaign attempt continues to go okay after some runs last night finally netted enough profit to move on to the 2nd conflict area. I'm starting to think that the late Lt Freeman's Jenner is cursed though. So far, the Valiant Valkyries have only lost two Mechwarriors - Lt. Freeman, and the pilot we hired to replace him in the Jenner that he brought over with him. Hopefully the third Mechwarrior to fill that cockpit isn't the superstitious type.

• Options
    ErlkönigErlkönig Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    shdwcaster wrote: »
    2nd Campaign attempt continues to go okay after some runs last night finally netted enough profit to move on to the 2nd conflict area. I'm starting to think that the late Lt Freeman's Jenner is cursed though. So far, the Valiant Valkyries have only lost two Mechwarriors - Lt. Freeman, and the pilot we hired to replace him in the Jenner that he brought over with him. Hopefully the third Mechwarrior to fill that cockpit isn't the superstitious type.

Make sure you add more armor to that Jenner. If I remember, the way it comes, it has soggy, rotted papier mache in place of armor.

| Origin/R*SC: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum | Steam: Der Erlkönig (the umlaut is important) |
  • Options
    OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    Jenners are pretty garbage. It’s too early to replace it but as soon as you can, do so

• Options
    My Jenner "Oh god my CT" is doing just fine thank you!

wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    MWO: Oosik Night is live.

Dropping after patching. @Erlkönig @Nobody @TOGSolid

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    ErlkönigErlkönig Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Betsuni wrote: »

Dropping after patching. Erlkönig Nobody TOGSolid

Sadly, bro got home early and was raring to play Division 2.

| Origin/R*SC: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum | Steam: Der Erlkönig (the umlaut is important) |
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    Erlkönig wrote: »

Bummer, ok. Looks like I might not be on for long since Nobody is on but think he's with his Unit.

Edit: Yeah, logging out for the night. Maybe see you guys next week?

Betsuni on
    oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    Nuts I just popped on too. Oh well, next week it is!

wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options

Make sure you add more armor to that Jenner. If I remember, the way it comes, it has soggy, rotted papier mache in place of armor.

First thing I did was swap the SRM-4 out for an SRM-2 and more armor. As light mechs go, I'm fairly fond of the Jenner actually. We finally salvaged a 2nd one, and I'm looking forward to having it replace the seriously under-gunned Spider as the fourth mech in our lance. Hopefully that one's not as unlucky.

• Options
    NobodyNobody Registered User regular

Bummer, ok. Looks like I might not be on for long since Nobody is on but think he's with his Unit.

Edit: Yeah, logging out for the night. Maybe see you guys next week?

Sorry yeah, I was waiting until I could get in for a faction drop and then was doing faction for the night, sorry!

Just as a heads up, there’s a push in the community for group play nights on Friday, probably going to run into more organized 12 mans though.

• Options
    Battletech: there's a new Assassinate contract where you're limited to a max of 60 tons per slot vs. 1 or more assaults. I went up against:

* Target: 1 Awesome
    * Supporting forces: 1 Cyclops, 1 Quickdraw, 1 Cicada (lol), and 1 Wolverine

On my side I had:

* Centurion (AC/10 +10 dam, 2x Medium Laser +10 dam, 1x SRM6 +4 dam/+2 stability)
    * Royal Griffin (PPC +10 dam, ER Small Laser +10 dam, Small Laser +10 dam, Large Laser +10 dam)
    * Big Steel Claw (yes really :D ) (UAC/5++, 3x Medium Laser +10 dam)
    * Shadowhawk (UAC/5++, Medium Laser +10 dam, Small Laser +10 dam, SRM6 +4 dam/+2 stability)

So I had some Lostech and an endgame weapons fit despite vastly inferior tonnage.

Thoroughly trashed those poor bastards. Cored out the target taking just a smidge of indirect fire from the supporting forces, wheeled about and decapitated the Cyclops, blew both legs off the Quickdraw, turned the Cicada into a pair of legs lying on the ground with the head rolling away from the blown apart body, and took the head off the Wolverine.

Fun take on the usual assassinate mission, especially lategame when I'm used to dropping 350 tons everywhere.

• Options
    KayKay What we need... Is a little bit of PANIC.Registered User regular

First thing I did was swap the SRM-4 out for an SRM-2 and more armor. As light mechs go, I'm fairly fond of the Jenner actually. We finally salvaged a 2nd one, and I'm looking forward to having it replace the seriously under-gunned Spider as the fourth mech in our lance. Hopefully that one's not as unlucky.

I'd remove the SRMs and ammo entirely and just max the armour, maybe add a HS. Or run 2xML SRM4 and as much armour as possible.

ew9y0DD.png
    3DS FCode: 1993-7512-8991
  • Options
    BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    Yeah something like 3 ML, 6 JJ and then max armour except half on legs and back is probably alright for Jenners. It's never going to be a Firestarter but it's not a totally bad mech, just a classic bad stock build.

...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • Options
    NipsNips He/Him Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular
    Orca wrote: »
    Battletech: there's a new Assassinate contract where you're limited to a max of 60 tons per slot vs. 1 or more assaults. I went up against:

* Target: 1 Awesome
    * Supporting forces: 1 Cyclops, 1 Quickdraw, 1 Cicada (lol), and 1 Wolverine

On my side I had:

* Centurion (AC/10 +10 dam, 2x Medium Laser +10 dam, 1x SRM6 +4 dam/+2 stability)
    * Royal Griffin (PPC +10 dam, ER Small Laser +10 dam, Small Laser +10 dam, Large Laser +10 dam)
    * Big Steel Claw (yes really :D ) (UAC/5++, 3x Medium Laser +10 dam)
    * Shadowhawk (UAC/5++, Medium Laser +10 dam, Small Laser +10 dam, SRM6 +4 dam/+2 stability)

So I had some Lostech and an endgame weapons fit despite vastly inferior tonnage.

Thoroughly trashed those poor bastards. Cored out the target taking just a smidge of indirect fire from the supporting forces, wheeled about and decapitated the Cyclops, blew both legs off the Quickdraw, turned the Cicada into a pair of legs lying on the ground with the head rolling away from the blown apart body, and took the head off the Wolverine.

Fun take on the usual assassinate mission, especially lategame when I'm used to dropping 350 tons everywhere.

I have an unhealthy, unnatural love for the Big Steel Claw. I kinda wish we saw more things like that in the campaign and expansions; it feels like the kind of thing a strapped-for-resources Periphery group would do, using the destroyed salvage from the Star League's Reunification War.

JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
  • Options
    Battletech.

Holy crap, finally fitted some Infernos to one of my Atlas IIs. Up to 60 heat delivered at 270m? Holy shit, that is broken.

Sidenote: I like to imagine hostile lances seeing a pair of Atlas IIs stomping their way down toward them and pissing themselves in fear...then the Marauders start taking their heads off. If there was a morale system I bet they would eject. :twisted:

• Options
    MirkelMirkel FinlandRegistered User regular
    Orca wrote: »
    Battletech.

Holy crap, finally fitted some Infernos to one of my Atlas IIs. Up to 60 heat delivered at 270m? Holy shit, that is broken.

Sidenote: I like to imagine hostile lances seeing a pair of Atlas IIs stomping their way down toward them and pissing themselves in fear...then the Marauders start taking their heads off. If there was a morale system I bet they would eject. :twisted:

There is a fairly good morale mod, but if you just take their heads off they have no chance to eject. BEX has a +fear quirk for Atlas too so they'll eject easier if you stomp towards them in one.

• Options
    IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    BATTLETECH

Okay, just played the Dobrev mission where you fight
    the Black Widow and the Bounty Hunter.

A wtf complaint and a question:
    9 picks salvage and NO MECH PARTS! Ugh. That really stinks. Was hoping to hoover up some of those specialty variants. I guess that's sort of game-breaking, but it was a rude surprise with no cash on the line.

Also, my rare part reward for fighting the two deadliest mechwarriors in the galaxy at the same time?

A +10dam medium laser. :(

After the fighting, you are extended a social invitataion...
    Did anyone go play baccarat with Bob? I really wanted to, but am playing Ironman and didn't want to screw around.

Did anyone go socialize with Bob? What happened?

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • Options
    I socialized with Bob but I can't really remember what happened. Maybe I drank too much and blacked out. :P

• Options
    H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    edited February 2020
    Iolo wrote: »
    BATTLETECH

Okay, just played the Dobrev mission where you fight
    the Black Widow and the Bounty Hunter.

A wtf complaint and a question:
    9 picks salvage and NO MECH PARTS! Ugh. That really stinks. Was hoping to hoover up some of those specialty variants. I guess that's sort of game-breaking, but it was a rude surprise with no cash on the line.

Also, my rare part reward for fighting the two deadliest mechwarriors in the galaxy at the same time?

A +10dam medium laser. :(

After the fighting, you are extended a social invitataion...
    Did anyone go play baccarat with Bob? I really wanted to, but am playing Ironman and didn't want to screw around.

Did anyone go socialize with Bob? What happened?
    I mean, Natasha and the Hunter are definitely up there, but not necessarily the top two. At this time period, you also have to consider Morgan Kell, Yorinaga Kurita, and depending on just when the mission in question comes along, Justin Allard.

H3Knuckles on
    If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    Yes, okay, two of the best.

Does not change the end result getting the equivalent of...
    ...loose change instead of sweet, sweet mech salvage.

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • Options
    NipsNips He/Him Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular
    edited February 2020
    Re: Dobrev

You're weren't the only one that went full salvage and were soul-crushingly disappointed. Feels Bad Man.

And I did not go do the thing with the guy, 'cause my Cap'n that playthrough was a straight-shootin' realist that barely tolerated the Combine and their BS in the first place.

Nips on
    JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
  • Options
    H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    Iolo wrote: »
    Yes, okay, two of the best.

Does not change the end result getting the equivalent of...
    ...loose change instead of sweet, sweet mech salvage.

Yeah, sorry for nitpicking. It's just a lore thing that I've seen come up elsewhere ("who were the best mechwarriors?"), and wanted to add my two cents, I guess.

If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    After wrecking
    half a dozen double heatsinks

as I shot the shit out of those two,
    let's just say I was rather disappointed when I saw what salvage there was.

• Options
    RanlinRanlin Oh gosh Registered User regular
    I imagine they probably get the headshot protection like that final campaign fight, too, right

• Options
    Well I decapitated all of them with not a lot to show for it so...

• Options
    ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    Tox wrote: »
    So one of the latest emails for the Battletech Clan Invasion Box Set Kickstarter campaign is calling for fanart submissions. So that's definitely a thing that folks should do.
    Brent Evans, our art director, has come up with a great project. He is going to oversee a "community art project" that encourages all fans to submit their work, at any level. Pro. Semi-pro. Beginner. Doesn't matter. Some of you may have a favorite Mech colored up in your personal unit paint scheme. Some of you may have a personal drawing of your in-universe character. (In fact, we know many of you do, because they've been coming in with the Canon Character submissions!) Well, we'd like to collect them for what will be a curated look at BattleTech from the POV of our fans. Maybe this will be published online only. Maybe we will get enough material to do a nice collectible book.
    So, with all that, here is the link to our email contact form. Please be sure to select "portfolio submission" in the dropdown menu, to make sure your email gets routed to Brent.

https://store.catalystgamelabs.com/pages/contact

Brent will post more about the Art Project in the coming weeks. But we wanted to get early word out to see how much interest there is and so Brent can see some early submissions.

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • Options
    So, MWO talk.

Thursday, THURSDAY, THURSDAY!!!!! OOSIK NIGHT! Hot mech on mech action! Bring your kids! Fun for the entire family!

I might be a bit late, but I plan on being online and all systems nominal.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    OctoberRavenOctoberRaven Plays fighting games for the story Skyeline Hotel Apartment 4ARegistered User regular
    edited February 2020
    Got a new laptop, and it can run BattleTech!

Loving it so far. Failed the tutorial mission once and lost my scout in the second mission, but getting a hang of tactics. Having asymmetrical mech configs bugs me, but that's a minor quibble compared to the satisfaction of moving from treeline to treeline bringing coordinated death to pirates.

Havent tried running MechWarrior, but I doubt I'd be playing it too much as in general I avoid online multiplayer.

EDIT to avoid doublepost:
    Also, every customizable mech pilot I hire is going to be themed after a YouTuber I like. First one is The Completionist. Next one will depend on which role I'll need filled.

OctoberRaven on
    Currently Most Hype For: VTMB2, Tiny Tina's Wonderlands, Alan Wake 2 (Wake Harder)Currently Playin: Guilty Gear XX AC+R, Gat Out Of Hell
  • Options
    MWO:
    OOSIKS! Call to arms!

@Elvenshae @Erlkönig @Nobody

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    Be online in a mo!

• Options
    Loving it so far. Failed the tutorial mission once and lost my scout in the second mission, but getting a hang of tactics.

So ... Dekker's dead? :D

• Options
    Can any of y'all hear me in Discord?

• Options
    SyngyneSyngyne Registered User regular
    Mirkel wrote: »
    Loving it so far. Failed the tutorial mission once and lost my scout in the second mission, but getting a hang of tactics.

So ... Dekker's dead? :D

It's weird, in my own campaign Dekker was the only original pilot to survive to the end.

5gsowHm.png
  • Options
    Thanks for the fun tonight @Erlkönig @Elvenshae @TOGSolid

We had a few Solaris 7 matches as well!

2OosikVs2Oosik.png

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    Thank you to @Erlkönig for carrying my out-of-practice ass all evening. :D

Finished up the night with a syncdrop with @TOGSolid - of course we got Canyon when neither of us were packing JJs, but we managed to beat the crap out of the other team. I grabbed a couple of kills with one of my favorite Centurion builds: -D, XL300, Space Shotgun, 2 MPLAS, and enough ammo to fire for days while sprinting around at 100kph.