As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[BATTLETECH/MechWarrior] Sea Fox merchants buy PGI lostech using Terra-based shell company

• Options
    IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    That email marking the end of the kickstarter campaign is delightful...

...with the notable exception that HBS is turning its attention to two non-Battletech related projects.

Crap. :(

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • Options
    H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    edited February 2020
    Iolo wrote: »
    That email marking the end of the kickstarter campaign is delightful...

...with the notable exception that HBS is turning its attention to two non-Battletech related projects.

Crap. :(

Crimson Skies or Earthdawn? :P

I honestly don't know that I'd want any kind of Crimson Skies game that wasn't just a straight sequel to High Road To Revenge in terms of gameplay. Somehow the tactical stuff for that setting just isn't as interesting to me as getting to fly my own plane in real time, and that genre seems outside the scope of a studio the size of HBS.

There's never been a pc or videogame adaptation of Earthdawn, has there? I don't know anything about it other than it was a high fantasy RPG, by FASA, and loosely connected to Shadowrun.

H3Knuckles on
    If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    Hey, it could be Renegade Legion
    Really doubtful, I don’t think many people even remember that

• Options
    H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    edited February 2020
    I knew of Renegade Legion, but I'll admit that it tends to slip my mind a lot.

H3Knuckles on
    If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    OctoberRavenOctoberRaven Plays fighting games for the story Skyeline Hotel Apartment 4ARegistered User regular
    edited February 2020
    Hopefully will be Shadowrun, HBS has made me a fan of theirs with their Shadowrun games. But given Paradox' portfolio and HBS' wheelhouse, I'm gonna guess a World of Darkness project may be in the works. Not Vampire, but maybe Hunter or something else. But I wouldn't be at all surprised if they continue on their 'turning TableTop games into top-shelf CRPGs' bent even if it's not WoD

OctoberRaven on
    Currently Most Hype For: VTMB2, Tiny Tina's Wonderlands, Alan Wake 2 (Wake Harder)Currently Playin: Guilty Gear XX AC+R, Gat Out Of Hell
  • Options
    manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    Can't see the video. But I take it this is a nudge nudge wink wink they're working on Battletech 2.

• Options
    OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    I hope they are!

• Options
    OctoberRavenOctoberRaven Plays fighting games for the story Skyeline Hotel Apartment 4ARegistered User regular
    igExoIs.jpg

"Now stand aside, worthy adversary!"
    "'Tis but a scratch!"

Currently Most Hype For: VTMB2, Tiny Tina's Wonderlands, Alan Wake 2 (Wake Harder)Currently Playin: Guilty Gear XX AC+R, Gat Out Of Hell
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited February 2020
    Mirkel wrote: »
    h60p8t28bcg41.png?width=643&auto=webp&s=cbe7d34c2ad01ad904a69b9bec5f50bdb279f018

Piloting a Spidey is dangerous biznez.

So is participating in underground gambling rings.

I had some space mafia goons show up and tell me that Dekker owned them 2 million C-Bills.
    I had the cash to spare, but Dekker had been acting up for a couple months now and I wasn't about to bail him out of trouble again just for him to fuck me over again. So I handed him over and slept like a baby.

Technically he might still be alive, even! I just know that "you never see him again."

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    Does the morale pens for cheap lifestyles stack? Like if I go Spartan every month, would I keep losing 2 morale every month, or just have a penalty of 2 for as long as long I have Spartan budget? I mean, if it's just a single -2 then that's not too bad, but if it's stacking it might not be worth it... I mean, yeah you guys are on MREs but I got you guys a decked out game room and Nintendo finally re-released Eternal Darkness guys.

• Options
    edited February 2020
    Does the morale pens for cheap lifestyles stack? Like if I go Spartan every month, would I keep losing 2 morale every month, or just have a penalty of 2 for as long as long I have Spartan budget? I mean, if it's just a single -2 then that's not too bad, but if it's stacking it might not be worth it... I mean, yeah you guys are on MREs but I got you guys a decked out game room and Nintendo finally re-released Eternal Darkness guys.

You take that penalty each time you choose it. So net morale hit for 3 cheapass months in a row would be -6.

Iolo on
    Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
  • Options
    MirkelMirkel FinlandRegistered User regular

It's never worth it, since you need to cap morale eventually and your expenses will just go up. Resolve is one of your most powerful tools, not to mention the events are crappier (and give you more negative morale) if your overall morale is low as well. Just sell some extra MLs or Locust pieces or crap.

It doesn't stack though, it's just one bonus or malus per month.

• Options
    Cobalt60Cobalt60 regular Registered User regular
    edited February 2020
    My first goal of every play through is to get Morale to 41 ASAP so I can precision strike every turn.

Some overhaul mods change the way morale works. (I believe its this one, could be BTA..) Extended CE changes it such that levels of finance give +5 (-5 for going the other way) but it is removed each month. The idea being that you go through events, etc. to permanently boost your morale then use generous finances when you need an extra 5/10 morale to hit a breakpoint for a month.

Cobalt60 on
  • Options
    SiliconStewSiliconStew Registered User regular
    "Stacking" is a bit of a weird way to phrase it. Your morale is adjusted just once by the amount listed on the monthly report. But you never automatically gain it back. So if your morale is 30 in May and you take -2, your morale for June is 28. If you then take +0 at the end of June, your morale for July is still 28.

Morale only changes by random events, building ship modules, and adjusting pay higher or lower every month.

Just remember that half the people you meet are below average intelligence.
  • Options
    XandarXandar Registered User regular
    Nobody wrote: »
    Hey, it could be Renegade Legion
    Really doubtful, I don’t think many people even remember that
    dude i loved the 'stencil o death'! but nothing beats punching/kicking a mechs head off.

OsokC8u.png
  • Options
    Finished the campaign, and all my YouTubers survived!
    Thought I lost Dragonrider (aka The Completionist) in the final mission as I had him drawing fire. Didn't expect it to be LITERAL fire... but despite his mech being core'd he survived. Markiplier managed to hold out though it was a close call for him.

The Highlander carried the day for me though. I kept it in the bay for side missions, only using it in story missions as I didn't want it to be de-Gaussed.

• Options
    MWO:

So, during a previous sale I bought two Summoners, one for the dual UAC/10 build, one for ERPPC pop tarting.

Ive been slowly discovering something about these bizarre overengined mechs with fixed jump jets and no tonnage for weapons

I love them.

1. The weapons force a quick “alpha strike then move” mindset that the engine and jump jets support.
    2. It’s surprisingly agile, and feathering the jets means it’s easy to spread damage all over the mech. If I’m not the last one standing I’m damn close to it.
    3. I’m either over 500 damage each game, or just over 300 damage with all the stolen kills.

• Options
    BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    edited February 2020
    Nobody wrote: »
    MWO:

So, during a previous sale I bought two Summoners, one for the dual UAC/10 build, one for ERPPC pop tarting.

Ive been slowly discovering something about these bizarre overengined mechs with fixed jump jets and no tonnage for weapons

I love them.

1. The weapons force a quick “alpha strike then move” mindset that the engine and jump jets support.
    2. It’s surprisingly agile, and feathering the jets means it’s easy to spread damage all over the mech. If I’m not the last one standing I’m damn close to it.
    3. I’m either over 500 damage each game, or just over 300 damage with all the stolen kills.

I have two Summoners that I meant to convert to the ERPPC poptart build long ago but left them in the warehouse for some reason or another. Might have to pull them out of storage and see about trying it out. Although I do wish I could put on a rocket launcher on it since the design so reminds me of Soundwave.

Edit: On another note, I'm going to call to arms another Oosik Night. Unless people post here that they are doing early Valentine's Day events.

Betsuni on
    oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • Options
    nonoffensivenonoffensive Registered User regular
    h60p8t28bcg41.png?width=643&auto=webp&s=cbe7d34c2ad01ad904a69b9bec5f50bdb279f018

I don't get the Dekker memes. My first run he landed his Spider on the head of a Shadowhawk in the first drop like a total chad. Second run he hunted heads for me in a 3 LL+++ / Gauss Highlander. Are people just sprinting the Spider as far as it can move?

Glitch, on the other hand, likes to routinely return her mechs to the Argo with 1 head structure.

• Options

I don't get the Dekker memes. My first run he landed his Spider on the head of a Shadowhawk in the first drop like a total chad. Second run he hunted heads for me in a 3 LL+++ / Gauss Highlander. Are people just sprinting the Spider as far as it can move?

Glitch, on the other hand, likes to routinely return her mechs to the Argo with 1 head structure.

If I had a hazard to guess, it is because he is in the Spider (and like you said they have him run full distance out of support fire) and he's usually left behind most of the drops making him worse experience wise than the rest of the team (this easier to kill). My Dekker has not died yet, but I think Behemoth has once (which I save scummed since my entire Lance was pretty messed up and I failed the mission).

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    McGibsMcGibs TorontoRegistered User regular
    He's incredibly easy to get dead in the first mission you take him on because he's in the most terrible mech, way out of support, and you have no idea how to play the game yet.

website_header.jpg
  • Options
    NipsNips He/Him Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular
    edited February 2020
    Yeah, I lost my Glitch to a bullshot but my Dekker powered through to the end.

That Spider's only a death trap for maybe one mission, then you rework that bitch to be a proper build ASAP.

Nips on
    JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
  • Options
    McGibs wrote: »
    He's incredibly easy to get dead in the first mission you take him on because he's in the most terrible mech, way out of support, and you have no idea how to play the game yet.

"I'm piloting giant stompy armored mechs! Woo! I'm INVULNERABLE!! Dekker, stand still and shoot stuff with your laz0rz!"

• Options
    SiliconStewSiliconStew Registered User regular
    Funnily enough I think Dekker is the only one of the starters to have survived every single campaign run I did.

Just remember that half the people you meet are below average intelligence.
  • Options
    Nips wrote: »

That Spider's only a death trap for maybe one mission, then you rework that bitch to be a proper build ASAP.

Unless you have a COIL there's no proper Spider build. :P

• Options
    Nips wrote: »

I suspect that the bulk of the deaths came from people playing who did not yet at that point understand the urgent need to reconfigure the Spider and/or how to do it. As deficient as the tutorial was for combat in the game, there was (and is) zero tutorial for mech configuration.

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
  • Options
    MWO: Oosik Night!!! I'm logged in and checking out my mechs.

@Erlkönig @Elvenshae @TOGSolid

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    Well it goes to show that an Iron Oosik and Oosik running Annihilators works just fine.
    Although I managed to do the rare moment of doing more damage than Erl and taking more damage than him. What was weird was they ended up focusing on Erl after I shut down. Then I came back online and took out the Fafnir.

IOSK_OOSK_ANH-2A_1.png
    IOSK_OOSK_ANH-2A_2.png

Thanks for the company @Erlkönig we had some good matches there.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    Well shit, I totally forgot it was Thursday and got sucked into Wolcen. Whoops. I'll see y'all next Thursday!

wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    Sorry, @Betsuni - still working.

• Options
    Sorry man, while you were doing that we were beating HHOD like they were pugs.
    The GNX fight after that one was slightly harder.

• Options
    No worries TOG and Elven, I don't want to make you feel like you have to drop with us. I just fire off the pings in case you want to.

@Nobody awesome. Glad to hear you got some matches in.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    TynnanTynnan seldom correct, never unsure Registered User regular
    On my first playthrough, Dekker survived. He pulled an UrbanMech to the final mission and scored the killing blow on the big bad with his AC/5+++.

• Options
    Tynnan wrote: »
    On my first playthrough, Dekker survived. He pulled an UrbanMech to the final mission and scored the killing blow on the big bad with his AC/5+++.

Now I need to find me an Urbanmech and have Dekker save the Inner Sphere like this.

Or Flea... Maybe a Flea.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    Battletech: Oh man, they rebalanced a bunch of the campaign missions.

Extraction:
    The mission where you ostensibly are to rescue Lord Madeira used to end with you needing to keep all four of your mechs in the zone to keep the timer moving while you dealt with attackers from all sides. It's now much easier: just one mech needs to be in the zone, and you can meet the attackers on the road instead of facing them defensively. I vaporized all opponents without trouble.

Showdown:
    Your return to Coromodir has Victoria no longer a pushover! Her mech now has a bunch of flamers and she's gained several abilities I don't recall seeing:

1) She takes 20% less damage
    2) She has a higher critical rate
    3) She has the ability Devastating Blow, which looks like it gives you a 40 or 50% debuff to your accuracy!
    4) She has the ability to nail you with plasma, which hits you for 30 heat on your next activation.

The combination of abilities 3 and 4 plus the flamers means she is deadly at short range: she'll drop the accuracy of one of your mechs through the floor, then close with it, shut it down with her flamers, and even after you activate, it will still not be at full capabilities due to heat! Edit: all while pummeling you with dual AC/20s until her ammo runs out.

All in all, I like these changes. You can still decapitate her, but you're going to have to work a lot harder for it. It's probably best to just treat her like the dangerous scorpion she is and blast her with everything you've got--which is no doubt what they intended.

Victoria managed to blow the leg off my Marauder and hit it for 2 turns of heat damage--aside from inflicting two injuries to the pilot. She fucked that guy up but good in a mission I expected to take no damage on.

Orca on
  • Options
    Battletech:

So say I went and bought the season pass on GoG but forgot that I was playing it on Steam. Is there a way to download my save files and play it on my GoG purchase? I figured I was out of luck, but figured I would ask. Ended up buying it on GoG since I already had my KS version there. Got it on Steam during a super sale and had the first two DLC there since I wanted to support them for the awesome game.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    I only ever fought the patched final boss, so my deathless run was very much in jeopardy when she decided to unload her AC20s at Kamea. I threw my King Crab at her to keep her and her wingmen busy while I set up for positioning with the rest. I didn't lose anyone, but the King Crab was holding on by a thread.

• Options
    Betsuni wrote: »
    Battletech:

So say I went and bought the season pass on GoG but forgot that I was playing it on Steam. Is there a way to download my save files and play it on my GoG purchase? I figured I was out of luck, but figured I would ask. Ended up buying it on GoG since I already had my KS version there. Got it on Steam during a super sale and had the first two DLC there since I wanted to support them for the awesome game.

Your savegames are located in a bonkers directory: \steam\userdata\steamid\637090\remote\C0\SGS1

For GoG they're in: \AppData\Local\GOG.com\Galaxy\Applications\50593543263669699\Storage\Shared\Files\C0\SGS

• Options
    Orca wrote: »
    Betsuni wrote: »
    Battletech:

Your savegames are located in a bonkers directory: \steam\userdata\steamid\637090\remote\C0\SGS1

For GoG they're in: \AppData\Local\GOG.com\Galaxy\Applications\50593543263669699\Storage\Shared\Files\C0\SGS

Sweet thank you!!!

oosik_betsuni.png