Options

[Nintendo Switch] THIS THREAD IS DEAD! POST IN THE NEW ONE!

• Options
    TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    Rune Factory takes the farming, dating, and general town shenanigans of Harvest Moon / Story of Seasons and adds combat with monsters (you can domesticate some of them instead of traditional animals), dungeon diving, mining, crafting, etc. It breaks up the pure efficiency problem solving puzzle of Harvest Moon with action oriented gameplay, and using that farming to get further into the dungeons.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    Run Factory 4 also takes it up a notch, you can bring your spouse/child with you as combat companions. Family game night? Nay, family monster slaying night!

• Options
    ChiselphaneChiselphane Registered User regular
    I think I'm just going to hold off for RF 5. Which of course will ensure that it's delayed so much that I should have gotten 4 anyways.

• Options
    I think I'm just going to hold off for RF 5. Which of course will ensure that it's delayed so much that I should have gotten 4 anyways.

So now I know who to blame.

• Options
    cardboard delusionscardboard delusions USAgent PSN: USAgent31Registered User regular
    I feel like I'm starting to burn out on Octopath Traveler. I've enjoyed it but I'm at like 24 hours now, mostly up to Ch.3 for everyone minus 2 characters I haven't started... anyone finish the game find that much anything else happens?

• Options
    I feel like I'm starting to burn out on Octopath Traveler. I've enjoyed it but I'm at like 24 hours now, mostly up to Ch.3 for everyone minus 2 characters I haven't started... anyone finish the game find that much anything else happens?
    Once you finish all eight scenarios there's a hidden final boss you can challenge, though to have any shot at it you have to grind every character up(no thanks).

I burned out on the story after completing the initial four chapters, the prospect of leveling up the other four just kind of killed it for me. How the shit do the Bravely Default developers with some of the best encounter options in video games suddenly turn around and go completely regressive with unadjustable encounter rates, no backline exp and <1% drop rate items?

• Options
    LD50LD50 Registered User regular
    I just wish I could marry a boy in rune factory.

• Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    If I remember right, there was one thing I really did not like about RF4. Not exactly a spoiler, but just in case, and personally I think it's worth knowing.
    If you start working on the plot, very early on the town dragon effectively goes into a coma and stays there for damn near the whole story. Which really sucks because she's a town character in her own right. You're missing out on some general town interactions with her, and honestly it feels real weird to be going about your farming day with her in that state. "Oh let's have the annual harvest festival while our patron god sits here dying". It's true that the game doesn't pressure you at all and you can do the story or farming at your own pace. But still, I felt pseudo pressed to do the story because I wanted this character back in the town.

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    edited February 2020
    It was hugely disappointing (but expected of course) that Dropmix never got popular enough to warrant any more card packs after the initial release, because the game is incredible. Everybody we've ever played it with has been blown away with how well the music mixing works, and I'm really glad they are finding a way to do something else with what they had their.

It actually did get a Season 2, but the playlist packs were hard to find. I'm pretty sure they all came out at least. There were a few convention promos too, including the Power Rangers and GI Joe theme songs and music from Supergiant's Pyre.
    Here's the full card list for both seasons: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/13TjEBCW5Wv4xJgGVXGV7PfVNAuc3D07ADE-694NH1Ig/edit#gid=0

Crippl3 on
  • Options
    ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    I think most are still on Amazon.

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    LD50 wrote: »

You can in number 4

• Options
    TayaTaya Registered User regular
    Magic Pink wrote: »

You can in number 4
    Only if you’re a girl.

• Options
    The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular
    Ideas hate it when you anthropomorphize them
    Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/TheZombiePenguin
    Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/thezombiepenguin/
    Switch: 0293 6817 9891
  • Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    Taya wrote: »

You can in number 4
    Only if you’re a girl.

Sure but it's still the first RF where you can. At least they've come THAT far which is admittedly not fucking very.

Of course you can't marry any of the hot guys

• Options
    ZundeZunde Registered User regular
    I have this weird feeling that i should buy Rune factory 4 as soon as i can because i have this feeling that if i don't buy it while it's fairly newish it will become one of those game's i can't find anywhere.

• Options
    earthwormadamearthwormadam ancient crust Registered User regular
    Welp. I got to play Shovel Knight puzzle and Dig. Totally on board with both of these. Sign me up for Shovel Knight Kart as well.

• Options
    DaringDirkDaringDirk Daddy CEO Oakland, CARegistered User regular
    Zunde wrote: »
    I have this weird feeling that i should buy Rune factory 4 as soon as i can because i have this feeling that if i don't buy it while it's fairly newish it will become one of those game's i can't find anywhere.

But going digital means it's on your Switch no matter what cart is inserted!

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    SageinaRageSageinaRage Registered User regular
    It was hugely disappointing (but expected of course) that Dropmix never got popular enough to warrant any more card packs after the initial release, because the game is incredible. Everybody we've ever played it with has been blown away with how well the music mixing works, and I'm really glad they are finding a way to do something else with what they had their.

? According to board game geek it has like 20 expansion packs? I picked up 3 or 4 when they were on clearance a year or so ago.

sig.gif
  • Options
    ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular
    Taya wrote: »

You can in number 4
    Only if you’re a girl.

Sure but it's still the first RF where you can. At least they've come THAT far which is admittedly not fucking very.

Of course you can't marry any of the hot guys

Nah. Tides of Destiny was the first.

ToD was... a thing though.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    My kids dug out the WiiU and Mario Galaxy recently and man that is still a solid good time. When Nintendo are happy to re-release Zeldas over and over on different platforms, why on earth have we not seen the older 3D Marios for Switch? The dangers of the unique features of the various platforms I suppose. Sunshine needs analog, Galaxies needs pointer. Noe of that seems insurmountable though and surely the market must be there?

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    Sunshine HD or just an actually playable port of the DS Mario 64 would make a killing

• Options
    ZundeZunde Registered User regular
    DaringDirk wrote: »
    Zunde wrote: »

But going digital means it's on your Switch no matter what cart is inserted!

This is true but personally but i like the physical copies of things because i'm a dragon and shall die atop my mountain of physical copies

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    I will be buying Animal Crossing because it welded itself into the slot on my 3ds digitally
    One of the problems I have about physical/digital is sales as games I am on the fence about go on sale far more often as a physical copy than digital. {Still when cadence of hyrule was on sale recently I was 87 cents short of getting it as $3 was a hell of a deal}

• Options
    a nu starta nu start Registered User regular
    Wife wants to play Animal Crossing and I can't believe I'm out here considering getting a third Switch because of it.

Number One Tricky
  • Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    a nu start wrote: »
    Wife wants to play Animal Crossing and I can't believe I'm out here considering getting a third Switch because of it.

Your avatar says it all.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    How good is Doom 3 on the Switch? I just noticed that it's 2.99 for a couple more days. Is it playable on a Lite?

• Options
    edited March 2020
    Every time I try to play Sunshine I'm like ohhh noooo the blurring the aliasing my eyyyyes

If any Mario desperately needs a facelift first it's that one.

Donnicton on
  • Options
    Handsome CostanzaHandsome Costanza Ask me about 8bitdo RIP Iwata-sanRegistered User regular
    Owenashi wrote: »
    How good is Doom 3 on the Switch? I just noticed that it's 2.99 for a couple more days. Is it playable on a Lite?

Yes, its fantastic.

Nintendo Switch friend code: 7305-5583-0420. Add me!
    Resident 8bitdo expert.
    Resident hybrid/flap cover expert.
  • Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular

Yes, its fantastic.

When it came out there was some excessive blur and performance issues that were easily forgiven because holy shit this is actually running on a handheld.

Then they did some patches, and the end result is that it is even more impressive. Most of the performance stuff has been ironed out, and as long as you keep in mind it will not look anywhere near as good as it does on an XB1X or a good gaming rig, it looks perfectly fine and plays amazingly.

I have zero fucking idea how they pulled it off, its remarkable.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular
    syndalis wrote: »

Yes, its fantastic.

When it came out there was some excessive blur and performance issues that were easily forgiven because holy shit this is actually running on a handheld.

Then they did some patches, and the end result is that it is even more impressive. Most of the performance stuff has been ironed out, and as long as you keep in mind it will not look anywhere near as good as it does on an XB1X or a good gaming rig, it looks perfectly fine and plays amazingly.

Are we talking about Doom 3 or Doom 2016?

cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    syndalis wrote: »

Yes, its fantastic.

Are we talking about Doom 3 or Doom 2016?

Oh I missed the "3" - I was talking 2016 yes.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    ChiselphaneChiselphane Registered User regular
    a nu start wrote: »

You might as well get a 4th now and that way you wont have to worry about it later.

• Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    When I realized that I still had to download like 50% of L.A. Noire from the eShop despite buying the physical version, I resigned to never buy physical again.

As far as I’m concerned, physical is a flat out lie in situations like that. The occasional patch is one thing, but when I have to download half the game despite it being a “physical” version it’s not actually a physical version.

300+ games later, only 6 of which are physical, and I’m happy with the situation.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    Drez wrote: »
    When I realized that I still had to download like 50% of L.A. Noire from the eShop despite buying the physical version, I resigned to never buy physical again.

As far as I’m concerned, physical is a flat out lie in situations like that. The occasional patch is one thing, but when I have to download half the game despite it being a “physical” version it’s not actually a physical version.

300+ games later, only 6 of which are physical, and I’m happy with the situation.

I hear ya, but what are they supposed to do when the game is over 32GB?

XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
  • Options
    SeptusSeptus Registered User regular
    Figgy wrote: »

Put it on a bigger cart.

PSN: Kurahoshi1
  • Options
    FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    Septus wrote: »

Put it on a bigger cart.

Oh, thanks.

Switch cartridges max out at 32gb. It wasn't just an arbitrary size I picked out of the air.

XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
  • Options
    LD50LD50 Registered User regular
    Septus wrote: »

Put it on a bigger cart.

Oh, thanks.

Switch cartridges max out at 32gb. It wasn't just an arbitrary size I picked out of the air.

Right, but that's not an acceptable choice by Nintendo when the average game install size is so large (in my opinion anyway).

• Options
    rahkeesh2000rahkeesh2000 Registered User regular
    edited March 2020
    Its not a purely arbitrary choice, denser memory is far more expensive, and barely any publishers want to pay the cost for 32gb cards as is, meaning its difficult to hit the needed numbers to justify manufacturing a 64gb option (although they appear to be working on this.) Something that costs several dollars is a deep ask for companies used to printing blu-rays for under a dollar. The only thing you can fault Nintendo for is not subsidizing the carts.

rahkeesh2000 on
  • Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    I would be more understanding of the issue if publishers were using the max size card available, filling it to the brim, and thus keeping the required download as small as possible. At least that way it looks like you're *trying*. Instead it's the smallest one possible with the barest minimum on it, and everything else is relegated to the massive download. Doing it that way makes you blatantly look like you picked the laziest option with the least work possible.

Like for example (and I'm going by the digital sizes, so I'm assuming it's roughly the same for a card), Mega Man legacy collection 1 is 365mb and 2 is 3.2g. Ignoring the obvious fact that both could easily fit on a 4g card. If they had at least gone for the option of putting 2 on the card and the tiny download of 1, at least that looks like they're trying. Nope, 356mb card and 3.2g download makes them look cheap as fucking hell.

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    rahkeesh2000rahkeesh2000 Registered User regular
    That's a rather atypical case because collection 1 and 2 were sold as separate physical games in regions like Japan. So its more them converting it to a 2-in-1 that was done on the cheap.