As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Warframe] Space Ninja Pirate Ship Simulator

• Options
    Magus`Magus` The fun has been DOUBLED! Registered User regular
    Drascin wrote: »
    I actually enjoyed stealth in Warframe, before they changed the way detection works. It was how I played the game, always solo, very stealthy, full on space ninja. If at any point an alarm went up in a Spy mission I considered that grounds for a mission restart.

Honestly speaking? If I was starting to play Warframe now I wouldn't last two days. Because I couldn't do that. Because now stealth is annoying as all the balls and alerts spread super weirdly and mechanics meant to make it so enemies head for the players faster in endless modes make getting through a mission undetected a pain in the ass. And yes, the mastery tests that depend on stealth are now kinda broken, because they were balanced for old mechanics.

Broken how?

• Options
    manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    edited February 2020
    Look man, I finished metal gear solid 2, substance. I'm beyond being traumatized at having to do hard stealth segments. I stand in the hurricane and dare it to strike me down.

manwiththemachinegun on
  • Options
    BilliardballBilliardball Registered User regular
    So the next unvaulting was announced and they did indeed go with the life and death theme everyone figured and are bringing back Nekros and... Oberon?

Huh.

Switch: SW-7948-4390-2014 / 3DS: 0688-5244-6057 / FF14: Salus Claro
  • Options
    I would love to get Frost Prime again, especially since I got it the original way.

Not sure about $40, though.

• Options
    Iron WeaselIron Weasel Dillon! You son of a bitch!Registered User regular
    The update includes a Leverian entry for Ivara. Her prex card
    is on the ground behind you when you spawn in.

Currently Playing:
    The Division, Warframe (XB1)
    GT: Tanith 6227
  • Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    On switch there’s currently an invasion with a reactor reward

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    dporowskidporowski Registered User regular
    Magus` wrote: »
    I would love to get Frost Prime again, especially since I got it the original way.

Most of that value comes out in plat. You get a whole bunch of plat. Maybe less of a deal on PC with your plat discounts, but on console? Whoo boy.

• Options
    Going through the Ordis codex fragments, oh God.
    The Avatar switch GOT ME GOOD.

:(

• Options
    dporowski wrote: »

Most of that value comes out in plat. You get a whole bunch of plat. Maybe less of a deal on PC with your plat discounts, but on console? Whoo boy.

Fair enough

• Options
    Got a 50% off today. No idea what to use it for.

• Options
    DiplominatorDiplominator Hardcore Porg Registered User regular
    Didn't Oberon just get vaulted? And they gave everyone a Nekros.

Meanwhile Banshee has languished in the vault for over a year.

• Options
    jothkijothki Registered User regular
    Trinity and Nekros are the only frames that have never been unvaulted on the Switch. They themselves have been obtainable in other ways at some point, but their weapons haven't. It's odd that they'd pass up the opportunity to complete the cycle.

• Options

They gave away Nekros Prime?

• Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular

They gave away Nekros Prime?

Yup. Tennocon stream iirc

• Options
    The fuck!

• Options

Just looked it up - the old Prime Warframes only come when 400 Platinum for that $40. The $80 for Ivara has 2,600 or so.

• Options
    jothkijothki Registered User regular

Just looked it up - the old Prime Warframes only come when 400 Platinum for that $40. The $80 for Ivara has 2,600 or so.

The double pack is 1200 Platinum for $60.

• Options
    Lucid_SeraphLucid_Seraph TealDeer MarylandRegistered User regular
    fffffffffffffI'm never going to get Vauban Prime's neuroptics before he goes away ;-;

See You Space Cowboy: a ttrpg about sad space bounty hunters
    https://podcast.tidalwavegames.com/
  • Options
    fffffffffffffI'm never going to get Vauban Prime's neuroptics before he goes away ;-;

I don't have a spare but I have 20 shots at it if you wanna do some relic cracking sometime.

• Options

I don't have a spare but I have 20 shots at it if you wanna do some relic cracking sometime.

That'd be cool but I assume you're on PC?

Don't really ever see people in the PS4 clan.

• Options

That'd be cool but I assume you're on PC?

Don't really ever see people in the PS4 clan.

I am indeed on PC. Lucid_Seraph is also on PC though I believe.

• Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    I'm on on PS4 almost every night under an alias I won't post here.

I also have a spare Vauban Prime Neuroptics BP. Also Systems BP.

• Options
    Zoku GojiraZoku Gojira Monster IslandRegistered User regular
    Being low on riven space got me thinking about doubling up on zaws that use the same riven, so I’ve been crafting and gilding lately. At some point, I keep telling myself, I’ll get into kitguns. At least doing the requisite bounties for headless robot people seems less annoying than the scavenger hunts I had to run for the tower-eaters.

"Because things are the way they are, things will not stay the way they are." - Bertolt Brecht
  • Options
    Beat MR9.

Who should I level first - Mesa or Ivara?

Also, is there any reason to keep maxed Warframes? Besides the ones with obvious utility.

• Options
    NEO|PhyteNEO|Phyte They follow the stars, bound together. Strands in a braid till the end.Registered User regular
    If you aren't a hoarder, not much point if you know you aren't gonna use it. Unless you start hedging bets on if new content will suddenly make them useful. My rule is to not ditch a frame until I have its prime.

It was that somehow, from within the derelict-horror, they had learned a way to see inside an ugly, broken thing... And take away its pain.
    Warframe/Steam: NFyt
  • Options
    DaimarDaimar A Million Feet Tall of Awesome Registered User regular
    Beat MR9.

Also, is there any reason to keep maxed Warframes? Besides the ones with obvious utility.

I wouldn't trash any warframe unless you've got it's prime. There are only a few that I never use but just in case there's some mission or event where they fit perfectly I'm not willing to throw any away since it is a hassle to rebuild them.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    IronKnuckle's GhostIronKnuckle's Ghost Registered User regular
    Keep everything forever. Every frame. Every gun. Those 50,000 rubedo are yours got dang it.

I tried out Railjack last night, now that the patch has hit PS4. I'd like to present the following four missions.
    Mission 1: within three minutes, I put out several fires on the ship, then access the port guns, then softlock and teleport 32km away from the ship. Completing the mission does not pull me back in, and I have to restart.
    Mission 2: the mission fails one second after I load in.
    Mission 3: I join a person who is running an unmodded ship. Inexplicably, my intrinsic skills do not seem to apply. I have no target leads on the guns. I jump out and kill two crewships, only to return to the ship and discover the pilot has gone afk as their ship is shot apart and explodes.
    I restart again.
    Mission 4: Hey my intrinsics are back! We do two missions, and I get to see the helpfulness of all the new changes.

• Options
    Banzai5150Banzai5150 Registered User regular
    Beat MR9.

Mesa! though I do love me some Ivara.

50433.png?1708759015
  • Options
    The Stalker finally dropped something other than a Dread BP!

Is Despair good for anything other than MR?

Currently Playing:
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    Update just gone live on Switch.

Time to see if I can get that new Nukor to spawn, been hearing good things.

Edit: Red text says motion control for railjack is in this one afterall.

Billiardball on
  • Options
    FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular

Not right now. However, keep it around. I mean, who would have guessed that Hate of all weapons would be the king of melee in 2020?

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular

Not right now. However, keep it around. I mean, who would have guessed that Hate of all weapons would be the king of melee in 2020?

wait, hate is good now?

• Options
    edited February 2020
    PiptheFair wrote: »

wait, hate is good now?

Yes. it's a combination of being absolutely uber on the heavy attacks (fast, hard hitting, wide strikes and good reach) and having a very slice&dice attack pattern with regular attacks (and dealing extemely large bleed procs).

Fiendishrabbit on
    "The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
  • Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    I use Despair as my throwing knife of choice on a few 'frames, including my Inaros, who's kitted out with the whole Stalker set.

• Options
    Dread is a very good primary too with a bit of set up, doing red crits with basic mods.

• Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    NEO|Phyte wrote: »
    If you aren't a hoarder, not much point if you know you aren't gonna use it. Unless you start hedging bets on if new content will suddenly make them useful. My rule is to not ditch a frame until I have its prime.

I’ll trash a non-prime frame i don’t use if I coincidentally have a full set of blueprints for it and it doesn’t have a reactor

We will have more than half a week’s notice if they have a rework coming

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    Zoku GojiraZoku Gojira Monster IslandRegistered User regular
    edited February 2020
    Elldren wrote: »
    NEO|Phyte wrote: »

I’ll trash a non-prime frame i don’t use if I coincidentally have a full set of blueprints for it and it doesn’t have a reactor

We will have more than half a week’s notice if they have a rework coming

I’ve ditched one or two non-prime frames, if it has a prime, and I’m already farming for the parts for it. Weapons, I generally keep if they’re a PITA to get hold of again, in case I get a riven or they get an augment. Store blueprint gear and clan research stuff that’s not fun to use gets cleared to free up inventory. And some truly horrible MR trash, like every single variation on the Bronco, goes out the airlock as soon as it’s leveled. One or two weapons might also have been spaced on aesthetic grounds.

Zoku Gojira on
    "Because things are the way they are, things will not stay the way they are." - Bertolt Brecht
  • Options
    Finally got the Zetki Bulkhead to drop.

With that and the Zetki Hull Weave both maxed I can take my ship into a fight in the Veil without it immediately threatening to explode.

Railjack actually gets pretty fun once your ship stops sucking.

• Options
    Guys on PC.
    The Acolytes are back.

• Options
    Guys on PC.
    The Acolytes are back.
    Looks like they're up on all platforms.

How do you find out where they are?

Currently Playing:
This discussion has been closed.