As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Warframe] Space Ninja Pirate Ship Simulator

• Options
    DaimarDaimar A Million Feet Tall of Awesome Registered User regular
    So I've finally killed off the last lich from the old system and am still missing 7 of the Kuva weapons but I don't want to start a new one just because I am enjoying the quiet of not having some screaming psycho taunting me every time I log in or look at a lich controlled planet.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    Daimar wrote: »
    So I've finally killed off the last lich from the old system and am still missing 7 of the Kuva weapons but I don't want to start a new one just because I am enjoying the quiet of not having some screaming psycho taunting me every time I log in or look at a lich controlled planet.

Must be nice

*looks pointedly at Ordis and the unfinished quests she still has*

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    Magus`Magus` The fun has been DOUBLED! Registered User regular
    Not 2-3 days after I spend 40p on Blaze (1% drop chance) I get it in a run.

FML.

• Options
    IronKnuckle's GhostIronKnuckle's Ghost Registered User regular
    Jellyfish Princess finished cooking over the weekend, and I got a 75% off coupon, so I snagged Harrow. I feel like I'm on two extremes here.

• Options
    I need to unlock Kuva Fortress nodes but I do not have the gear for it. Especially Archwing.

• Options
    Iron WeaselIron Weasel Dillon! You son of a bitch!Registered User regular
    Magus` wrote: »
    I need to unlock Kuva Fortress nodes but I do not have the gear for it. Especially Archwing.
    There's almost no actual Archwing stuff in those nodes.

Currently Playing:
    The Division, Warframe (XB1)
    GT: Tanith 6227
  • Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    There's almost no actual Archwing stuff in those nodes.

Outside of the quest mission I'm not actually sure there's any archwing stuff anymore.

But I also don't spend a lot of time there either so take that with a grain of salt.

• Options
    Anyone on PS4 willing to trade me the Hek Steel Meridian mod for something?

• Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Anyone on PS4 willing to trade me the Hek Steel Meridian mod for something?

I can snag you one tomorrow.

• Options
    Awesome!

• Options
    Man, sortie spy missions suck.

Someone keeps failing.

• Options

Someone keeps failing.

This is why I only do them in solo mode.

• Options
    StorkStork Registered User regular

Someone keeps failing.

I feel like spy missions make up a higher than average percentage of the sortie types but that's probably because I detest them.

• Options
    IronKnuckle's GhostIronKnuckle's Ghost Registered User regular
    So there's basically no reason to build and equip anything that isn't Mk III on your RJ if you aren't flying her personally, right?

• Options
    Iron WeaselIron Weasel Dillon! You son of a bitch!Registered User regular
    Nightmare Interception on Ceres are so annoying because the whole level is the size of a shoebox, so the points are constantly getting stolen and your caps are endlessly interrupted.

On the other hand, Drifting Contact get.

Currently Playing:
    The Division, Warframe (XB1)
    GT: Tanith 6227
  • Options
    FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    Nightmare Interception on Ceres are so annoying because the whole level is the size of a shoebox, so the points are constantly getting stolen and your caps are endlessly interrupted.

I actually like Interception on Ceres, because it's easy to cover multiple cap spots. The key is priority. Holding Alpha and Beta is key. From There you can easily push Delta, while Charlie is a distant third priority.

The worst interception is Uranus. That Interception/Defense map is so bad. My favorite interception map though is Mars. That grineer industrial tower map is awesome.

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • Options

Just do what I do and farm hundreds of specters like some kind of god damned insane person :P

• Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular

Someone keeps failing.

I mean, it's still me that's failing them so

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    Darmak wrote: »

Someone keeps failing.

I mean, it's still me that's failing them so

Ok yes this will still happen.

I had a Jupiter sortie spy mission the other day where I came within a second of failing because I got lazy :P

• Options
    I can totally do spy missions.

As long as it's not "Hey. We've got this Sortie spy on Lua".

Lua spy-vaults is pretty much the only mission in Warframe I...I just can't.

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
  • Options

I found out I can but I refuse to because it involves having a walk through on my second monitor >_<

• Options
    dporowskidporowski Registered User regular
    The Kuva Bramma does an absolutely idiotic amount of damage, even with just a potato and Damage/Crit/Multishot mods on.

• Options
    dporowski wrote: »
    The Kuva Bramma does an absolutely idiotic amount of damage, even with just a potato and Damage/Crit/Multishot mods on.

Yyyyyyyep.

Mine is rank 40 with 87.5% crit chance and 4.6x crit damage. It's not uncommon for me to have crits in the 500k range. It's so broken. I can't imagine what it would be like with a good riven mod.

My hope is that it keeps the Acceltra from getting nerfed into oblivion :P

• Options
    edited February 2020
    I don't even know what's critting that high. It's dumber than the Lenz, and the Lenz hits 125% crit with nothing but Point Strike. I can only imagine the idiocy that's going to happen when I put damage mods on it other than Serration.

I would, however, say that it attempts to kill you so often that I'm not sure it's not balanced. Good god. I wonder if I should see what Bladed Rounds does...

Hell, and mine's only 28% toxin. I've got headroom!

dporowski on
  • Options
    Zoku GojiraZoku Gojira Monster IslandRegistered User regular

Lua rescue is also an immediate nope for me. “Well, no sortie today.”

That, Lua spy, certain assassinate missions with ridiculous conditions like bows only, and arbitration disruption, are all hanging out together, going, “well, I sent him a text, you told him where we’d be, right?”

"Because things are the way they are, things will not stay the way they are." - Bertolt Brecht
  • Options
    Lua Rescue is pretty doable if you're good at the hacking minigame. I used to hate it, a lot, but after running it enough I can usually solo it first try with Loki. I still don't like it but I no longer fear having it fail a half dozen times.

Bows only used to mean "Titania" because lawl fuck your condition. Now you can bring a few others as well (Hi Wukong!) in addition to just bringing a Bramma which might be the most brokenly good weapon in the game now. Although I'll grant as a Kuva weapon can require a fairly grindy farm to acquire.

Disruption is... trickier. I blew enough Vox Solaris rep for a maxed Magus Lockdown because I was getting burnt out on trying to do disruption missions but even with that it's still not a whole lot of fun even with a faction specific build.

• Options
    DrascinDrascin Registered User regular

For me it's Lua rescue. I'm sorry, but I still to this day have no fucking idea how those rescue vaults actually work. I just hit buttons and pray.

Steam ID: Right here.
  • Options
    Ivan HungerIvan Hunger Registered User regular
    I do sortie spy missions with pubs.

90% of the time, you're going to get a team that knows what they're doing, and since everyone takes a different vault, the mission ends a lot faster.

The other 10% of the time, well, starting over until I get a good team still takes less time than trying to do it myself.

• Options
    BilliardballBilliardball Registered User regular
    My only problem with Lua rescue is I have to pause my video/stream/podcast and actually turn the game volume up so I can hear the call for help when I open the right portal.

It's a minor thing, but it's still annoying.

Lua Spy is just tedious. So is Sortie Defence, the NPC keeps running to some obscure corner of the map away from the spawns and makes things take twice as long as they need to.

Switch: SW-7948-4390-2014 / 3DS: 0688-5244-6057 / FF14: Salus Claro
  • Options
    Drascin wrote: »

For me it's Lua rescue. I'm sorry, but I still to this day have no fucking idea how those rescue vaults actually work. I just hit buttons and pray.

You actually just keep solving the destination keys until the rescue target shouts out "hurry, I'm in here". Then you enter the vault.

• Options
    DaimarDaimar A Million Feet Tall of Awesome Registered User regular
    Drascin wrote: »

You actually just keep solving the destination keys until the rescue target shouts out "hurry, I'm in here". Then you enter the vault.

and pray a teammate doesn't immediately hack another console to change the portal destination.

I don't think I've skipped a sortie in a long time, there are annoying ones, but as long as I solo the spy missions and bring appropriate frames to the rest they aren't a headache. I got too much practice on the Lua spy trying to get the Ivarra part from there so can do it in about 7 minutes with Limbo.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular

90% of the time, you're going to get a team that knows what they're doing, and since everyone takes a different vault, the mission ends a lot faster.

The other 10% of the time, well, starting over until I get a good team still takes less time than trying to do it myself.

Maybe if you get a good team on the 2nd try, but by the 3rd one, the travel time is killer

steam_sig.png
  • Options

I still solo Spy in sorties, but I might give public another try next time. Non-Lua Rescue, I always go pub, since I generally get a crew of randoms who have the hostage freed before the first Grineer body hits the floor, and are back at extraction while spacemom is still giving her tutorial speech.

"Because things are the way they are, things will not stay the way they are." - Bertolt Brecht
  • Options
    Sheikz2Sheikz2 Registered User new member

I still solo Spy in sorties, but I might give public another try next time. Non-Lua Rescue, I always go pub, since I generally get a crew of randoms who have the hostage freed before the first Grineer body hits the floor, and are back at extraction while spacemom is still giving her tutorial speech.

"And do not leave the subject behind."

Pfft.

• Options
    Sheikz2 wrote: »

Pfft.

Rescues really do change when you realise that the faster you go, the faster they go...

• Options
    dporowski wrote: »
    Sheikz2 wrote: »

Pfft.

Rescues really do change when you realise that the faster you go, the faster they go...

Yeah, I love how they go full space ninja warp speed to keep up.
    e05p228z21ei.jpeg

• Options
    I think I find the fact that you can put Hush on the Bramma far too amusing.

• Options
    edited February 2020
    I think I find the fact that you can put Hush on the Bramma far too amusing.

You can also put Hush on Dread and other silent weapons. Which, rather disappointingly, doesn’t cause a sonic black hole with bass drop sound effect when firing.

Zoku Gojira on
  • Options
    I like the Bramma. It's fun. It's powerful. It looks pretty cool.

I swear to god, it is nearly unusable due to risk of self-immolation. This is absurd; unless you stand on top of a thing very far away from anything, you're about as likely to blow yourself up when something runs in front of you. I'm still going to shove all the forma into it, don't get me wrong, but... I don't know about this thing.

• Options
    So, I've working on the Hek some. I'm a bit confused cause I'm not seeing how it beats the Arca Plasmor. For example:

Arca has 2.5x bigger magazine size.
    Arca has a lot farther range with no/less damage drop off.
    Arca seems to hit a bunch of enemies at once.
    Arca is really easy to hit with.

Please correct me if I'm missing something!

Or perhaps I should aim for a different weapon?

This discussion has been closed.