As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Warframe] Space Ninja Pirate Ship Simulator

• Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Reaper Prime is cooking.
    My pistol Riven ended up being for...spira. Eh.
    Saryn Prime pops out of theoven tonight. <3

• Options
    manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    Well I got twin Grakata riven, so I just won Warframe.

• Options
    edited February 2020
    Well I got twin Grakata riven, so I just won Warframe.

Wait is it supposed to be good?

Edit: Honestly I have a really hard time figuring out why anyone would use any secondaries except for pinging cameras or something.

Incenjucar on
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    It may never be possible to achieve enough dakka, but Twin Grakata is a valiant attempt.
    u2rf0.jpg

Edit: Secondaries allow you to specialize your loadouts and damage types so you're not always taking the same one or two super guns. You can take a pocket sniper, a full auto mob clearer, or other bonuses.
    There are plenty of secondaries that equal primaries in DPS.

manwiththemachinegun on
  • Options
    Ivan HungerIvan Hunger Registered User regular
    I built my secondary with corrosive to use against armor and my primary with magnetic to use against shields. Now I never have to switch weapons because I'm prepared for anything.

• Options
    edited February 2020
    If your secondary can cut down multiple lv 120 corrupted heavy gunners in half a second. Then yeah, I'm willing to say they can out perform plenty of primaries.

manwiththemachinegun on
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Secondaries have primed versions of both crit mods, they can be more powerful than most primaries. Not to mention kitguns, which are just obscene

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I guess maybe it's just hard because before all the extra work they all seem kind of terrible?

How do you get a feel for whether any of them are good to use without burning all your forma and potatoes on testing them?

• Options
    Guns in Warframe you mostly get for aesthetics and feedback. What do you like?
    If you just want to kill everything back to the Big Bang, get the Kuva Brakk.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1DgmSKIfeE

• Options
    At the moment I just want "secondary only" modes to not force me to use warframe abilities for everything.

• Options
    dporowskidporowski Registered User regular
    Okay well so maybe I don't regret the Kuva Brakk lich suddenly... Boy, that may have answered my earlier question. (Shame about my roll though, like 28% toxin.)

• Options
    I would say then that there are probably plenty of secondaries worth your time then.
    Ones I use frequently:
    Pyrana Prime, Lex Prime, Euphona Prime, Twin Grakata, Atmos, Akstiletto Prime, Akjahara Prime, Synoid Gammacor.

• Options
    FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    Secondaries that I like that will handle any mission: Rattleguts, Pyrana Prime and Pandero.
    Secondaries that I don't like that will handle any mission: Catchmoon, Tombfinger, Akjagara, Staticor

And of course the Kuva secondaries. The Kuva Nukor is insaaaaaane.

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    Incenjucar wrote: »
    At the moment I just want "secondary only" modes to not force me to use warframe abilities for everything.

Pretty much every "X only" mission modifier means that I'm cheating and bringing Titania.

Though with the Bramma I might stop cheating on the "Bow only" missions :P

• Options
    Magus`Magus` The fun has been DOUBLED! Registered User regular
    I just found out that if I had transferred my account back in the day, there were several things that didn't carry over like the Lato Vandal. That seems odd.

• Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    Look, you're missing the point:

twooo grakata

• Options
    Sounds like I need to kuva it up. Thanks folks!

• Options
    furlionfurlion Riskbreaker Lea MondeRegistered User regular
    My synoid gammacor is no longer broken op but it real still get the job done. Plus it is one of the coolest looking weapons in the game in my opinion.

sig.gif Gamertag: KL Retribution
    PSN:Furlion
  • Options
    It's the accuracy thing, for me. I really prefer weapons that, instead of saying "fuck that guy in particular", say "fuck that entire grid square". This is why Mirage + the OG Kulstar was my favoritest secondary, and I have as yet not found anything as silly to replace it.

• Options
    dporowski wrote: »
    It's the accuracy thing, for me. I really prefer weapons that, instead of saying "fuck that guy in particular", say "fuck that entire grid square". This is why Mirage + the OG Kulstar was my favoritest secondary, and I have as yet not found anything as silly to replace it.

Mirage+Bramma

It's almost enough fun to make me to want to switch my main to Mirage.

• Options
    Zoku GojiraZoku Gojira Monster IslandRegistered User regular
    edited February 2020
    Ugh, apparently what I forgot about Embolist is, it barely reaches any further than a melee weapon. And with the right mods, I’m fairly confident some whips can connect from further away. The only entertaining part is that the Infested shout “oh, no, Raaaaaaaaaid!” and scatter when they see you coming with this spray can.
    They don’t really do that.

Zoku Gojira on
    "Because things are the way they are, things will not stay the way they are." - Bertolt Brecht
  • Options
    dporowski wrote: »

Mirage+Bramma

It's almost enough fun to make me to want to switch my main to Mirage.

Oh I am planning yes. :D I just want that in a secondary; I like mixing it up, say sniper + AE, or shotgun + longer range, and so on. Primaries I'm spoiled for choice seems like, between my Lenz, Vectis Prime, Fulmin and Acceltra, I have a thing for basically any occasion of any level. But god damn, my secondaries are just not keeping up. Suddenly hopeful for the Kuva Brakk though.

• Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    The embolist works a lot like the ignis with its shots. They spray an area and can hit numerous targets at once without punch through mods, so with that and its high status chance I feel like there's some CC shenanigans you can get up to with it or somesuch.

• Options
    cB557 wrote: »
    The embolist works a lot like the ignis with its shots. They spray an area and can hit numerous targets at once without punch through mods, so with that and its high status chance I feel like there's some CC shenanigans you can get up to with it or somesuch.

True but the Ignis has about 15 times the reach where as the Embolist does almost nothing unless you're close enough to just press e and murder them.

• Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    It's not that bad, it's 9 meters. I'd definitely slap a ruinous extension on it, of course.

• Options
    This is disrespect for my maxed out Primed Reach mod

• Options
    Saryn Prime cooked and maxed.

Such a weird playstyle.

• Options

Such a weird playstyle.

What's weird about Saryn?

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
  • Options

Such a weird playstyle.

What's weird about Saryn?

The infection-based setup-and-proliferate thing and the value of not focusing on immedate kills. It's a really sharp contrast with my Valkyr main.

• Options
    Or you could just Pop spores on things and shoot them with your toxic lash gun, using spores mostly as a way of mopping up while you're cutting a path through their sorry-soon-to-die-of-disease lines...then blow them up with a Spore-Viral nuke combo if they get uppity.

You don't have to power-maximize to let Saryn do her thing.

• Options
    I like the number of options. You can just ignore the AOE and focus on poison stabbies and eczema clones if you want.

• Options
    75% off? Hello Gauss. This may be too fast. A sprinting Mirage Prime w/ Sprint Aura on now feels painfully slow.

Also, lich down, Kuva Brakk acquired, and while this doesn't kill quadrants, it so far does pretty well for itself.

• Options
    Look, you're missing the point:

twooo grakata

Sortie Condition: “You can’t use one of those, sorry. You can only use two of them.”

"Because things are the way they are, things will not stay the way they are." - Bertolt Brecht
  • Options
    My proposed Warframe addition is a third arm/rack similar to Bill Bur's set up in the Mandalorian which would allow you to sync fire your primary and secondary weapons at the same time.
    However, this is all just a cunning plan to get three Grakata. And recreate Razlo the Tri-Punisher of Death.

• Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    My proposed Warframe addition is a third arm/rack similar to Bill Bur's set up in the Mandalorian which would allow you to sync fire your primary and secondary weapons at the same time.
    However, this is all just a cunning plan to get three Grakata. And recreate Razlo the Tri-Punisher of Death.

I'm down with that, I'd get up to some fuckin shenanigans with a 3rd arm

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    A frame with abilities that let it grow extra arms so they can temporarily weild multiple weapons would be amazing.

• Options
    DiplominatorDiplominator Hardcore Porg Registered User regular
    So like Wukong's 1 but primary/secondary instead of melee/ranged? I'd be into it.

• Options
    A frame with abilities that let it grow extra arms so they can temporarily weild multiple weapons would be amazing.

A Kuato frame? I’d buy that for a dollar. It goes without saying, his quest needs to be on Mars.

• Options
    Finally got Berserker, so that's going to be fun. Now I really need to get Condition Overload for my Saryn.

• Options
    edited February 2020
    The amount a fully-formaed Kuva Brakk is better than a fully-formaed Pyrana Prime is just... Is just something, I tell you. The same things I was dumping multiple magazines into, with nearly the same mods, and the same elements, are dying in about 3 shots, maybe half a mag. So far this has held up till ~wave 8 of ESO, I don't see why it would go south now...

Hell, and mine's not even a very good elemental roll.

Edit: Also, I actually hit the focus cap today. I didn't think that was reasonably possible; I sincerely assumed that was a placeholder value of "too high to worry about but an actual number just in case". I'm kinda sick of ESO...

dporowski on
This discussion has been closed.