As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Warframe] Space Ninja Pirate Ship Simulator

• Options
    DaimarDaimar A Million Feet Tall of Awesome Registered User regular
    Magus` wrote: »
    So, I've working on the Hek some. I'm a bit confused cause I'm not seeing how it beats the Arca Plasmor. For example:

Arca has 2.5x bigger magazine size.
    Arca has a lot farther range with no/less damage drop off.
    Arca seems to hit a bunch of enemies at once.
    Arca is really easy to hit with.

Please correct me if I'm missing something!

Or perhaps I should aim for a different weapon?

Aim for something different, Hek is best for lower MR players since it is available relatively quickly. If you've got Arca Plasmor you can get every other weapon so don't have the same restrictions.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    dporowski wrote: »
    I like the Bramma. It's fun. It's powerful. It looks pretty cool.

I swear to god, it is nearly unusable due to risk of self-immolation. This is absurd; unless you stand on top of a thing very far away from anything, you're about as likely to blow yourself up when something runs in front of you. I'm still going to shove all the forma into it, don't get me wrong, but... I don't know about this thing.

I solved this largely by remembering that alt-fire detonates the arrows and then aiming above everything.

I think I probably have an advantage through because backpedaling while exploding things with airbursts comes pretty natural to me as the Corinth was my main weapon for the better part of a year.

• Options
    Also I had just gotten the third downing on my current lich with a guaranteed kill/convert and the game disconnected.

I am super mad right now because soloing a level 4 lich that's resistant to 3 elements and immune to 1 isn't a whole lot of fun!

• Options
    manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    IIRC your Lich will still be super angry so finding him again wont be hard.

• Options
    edited February 2020
    I know, I'm just more annoyed that it was a tricky kill and then I got robbed at the last second.

Also the Warframe servers seems to be having issues right now. I've been sitting at the login screen for a long time getting intermittent network not responding messages and then getting a "Login failed. Check your info." message but everything else (youtube/Netflix/forums/discord/etc) are working fine. Even the Warframe website isn't wanting to load properly.

HappylilElf on
  • Options
    dporowskidporowski Registered User regular
    edited February 2020
    So, I've working on the Hek some. I'm a bit confused cause I'm not seeing how it beats the Arca Plasmor. For example:

Did you put the augment on the Hek? The augment and punch-through will really change things. If you can get the corrupted mod that increases damage/spread, shove that in too, because turns out "the pellets hit more things" is really not a downside on the average shotgun.

Edit: That said, The Plasmor probably has a higher top end, so by all means, go with what you like. There's very very few bad guns.

dporowski on
  • Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    edited February 2020
    The Plasmor was also released more recently than the Hek, and Warframe is one of those games that is just a little susceptible to power creep.

(but the bigger factor, IMO, is the Mastery Rank required for one vs. the other.)

Commander Zoom on
  • Options
    DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    edited February 2020
    I don't really see the distance thing, admittedly. I remember my Vaykor Hek being basically half a sniper rifle, while the plasmor left me wondering why I didn't hit a dude, only to realize he was too far, constantly.

And when I'm up close with a dude, the VH's ability to reliably headshot a dude with nearly all the pellets was very satisfying.

Drascin on
    Steam ID: Right here.
  • Options
    The Plasmor was also released more recently than the Hek, and Warframe is one of those games that is just a little susceptible to power creep.

(but the bigger factor, IMO, is the Mastery Rank required for one vs. the other.)

The one balancing fact is that older guns tend to get ignored in favor of newer ones, which means their Riven disposition, i.e. the stats, can be much, much higher.
    Like I just got an Arca Plasmor riven, which was a nice surprise. While it does boost the gun, it's only boosting crit damage and multi shot by about 50% each. For other rivens like the Akmagnus, I have over 200% multishot one stat, and 100% damage on the other. It's crazy.

Some guns will never be "meta" but a nice riven can make your old classic hold their own. I primarily go by gun feedback when choosing what weapons to bling out anyway. I HATE the Ignis and Amprex, and those were THE meta guns for quite sometime.

• Options
    Magus`Magus` The fun has been DOUBLED! Registered User regular

Did you put the augment on the Hek? The augment and punch-through will really change things. If you can get the corrupted mod that increases damage/spread, shove that in too, because turns out "the pellets hit more things" is really not a downside on the average shotgun.

Edit: That said, The Plasmor probably has a higher top end, so by all means, go with what you like. There's very very few bad guns.

I literally just got that mod.

What's your suggestion for loadout?

• Options
    Forgot to mention - my preference is automatic weapons.

Not really sure what would be the best there. Lots of opinions.

• Options
    DrascinDrascin Registered User regular

I'm a fan of the Stradavar Prime. It's not top DPS, but it has a nice feel, a good clip, and decent stats for both crit and status, so you can build it however you prefer.

Steam ID: Right here.
  • Options
    FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    Acceltra.
    Acceltra is the best automatic weapon.

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    Soma's always gonna be the first gun that comes to mind for me when someone asks for an automatic. Its days at the top of the meta are long gone, but it's still a good gun that you can take into endgame content.

• Options
    cB557 wrote: »
    Soma's always gonna be the first gun that comes to mind for me when someone asks for an automatic. Its days at the top of the meta are long gone, but it's still a good gun that you can take into endgame content.

These days though ideally bullet hoses with a high fire rate should have a higher status chance than the Soma/Soma Prime. While a Soma Prime with Viral&Hunter munitions is fine, ideally you want a high-status hose with Slash+Corrosive (for example Kuva Karak or Prisma Grakata).

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
  • Options

For primaries, Tiberon Prime is punchy and fun with multiple modes. Supra Vandal is nice, but not my favorite. Khom is a full auto Shotgun which now has a Kuva variant. I usually have my secondaries be full auto for cutting down large hordes of enemies at a distance, and have my primary be a super punchy shotgun or beam like the Opticor for heavy targets. Everything gets melee'd or hit with abilities.

• Options
    Anything that does well in the endgame is what I'm aiming for.

• Options

I've been liking the Fulmin since it has both an auto fire mode and a silences shotgun mode. Can't beat two for one.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    I basically just use Ignis Wrath. It is incredibly effective for most content, especially the grindy bits. Ignis vanilla was just fine, too.

• Options

Acceltra is easy to use, fun and stupid strong.

• Options
    Seems hard to get. Better start now

• Options
    SteveRageSteveRage Registered User regular
    i REALLY like the baza (and now, baza prime) but that's mainly cuz i just play ivara mostly.
    it's very satisfying to have that pinpoint accuracy and head shot most everything with a quick burst.
    it's one of those guns that just has a good feel to it.

-in warframe (pc), i am fungible-
  • Options
    Seems hard to get. Better start now

Acceltra isn't too bad to get. It's just farming a specific Disruption mission.

Though I say that while still not having the Akarius which is the same farm (though I have like a half dozen spare Acceltra BPs from trying to get the stupid things :P )

• Options
    On the upside Warframe is now working again. The downside is my lich went from furious to annoyed for some reason >_<

• Options

I literally just got that mod.

What's your suggestion for loadout?

Point Blank, multishot, the augment, that corrupted mod (Vicious Spread), punchthrough/reload speed (forget the name of that mod), then elemental damage of your choice (Blaze included if you have it). To fit everything optimally, at max, it needs forma, but the basic combo fits well enough.

Punchthrough and the augment are key; you end up at roughly a 300% pellet count, and the punchthrough/reload means those pellets hit more than just one dude, and the corrupted mod means your pellet cone is now wider as well.

• Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    So I happened to get the parts for Pyrana Prime and this is actually a pretty decent secondary. It was quite a surprise.

• Options
    It's an absolute monster when paired with even a 1 or 2 rank Arcane Velocity.

• Options
    Zoku GojiraZoku Gojira Monster IslandRegistered User regular
    Incenjucar wrote: »
    I basically just use Ignis Wrath. It is incredibly effective for most content, especially the grindy bits. Ignis vanilla was just fine, too.

This. Ignis Wraith a good set it and forget it primary. With corrosive, it will eventually wear anything down, and there’s no better ranged weapon for just flying through trash mobs while collecting loot from breakables.

Soma P was my go-to for some time, but it takes a while to down high level enemies, and at low levels, I just don’t feel like bothering to aim a bullet hose. My warframe’s boat wake of utter contempt should be enough to dispatch them.

"Because things are the way they are, things will not stay the way they are." - Bertolt Brecht
  • Options
    Incenjucar wrote: »

This. Ignis Wraith a good set it and forget it primary. With corrosive, it will eventually wear anything down, and there’s no better ranged weapon for just flying through trash mobs while collecting loot from breakables.

Soma P was my go-to for some time, but it takes a while to down high level enemies, and at low levels, I just don’t feel like bothering to aim a bullet hose. My warframe’s boat wake of utter contempt should be enough to dispatch them.

Yeah I like the Soma Prime for when I want the feeling that I'm murdering a specific something rather than my gun just melting the entire room all at once.

Which is pretty rare but man does it fill that niche well.

• Options
    So more than a few forma later, the Cyanex? Kinda fun. Very odd, but kind of fun, in that you point it thataway, bullets go sort of thataway, and eventually you hear them home in and hit something. Aiming is minimally required, which means my Gauss loves it, because boy you can't aim shit at 1.8x sprint speed.

Projectile speed is a killer though, as is that reload.

• Options
    Yup the Cyanex is my go-to sidearm. Just hold down the fire button while casually spraying a room and then everything just falls over.

• Options
    I think for proper use, my Kuva Brakk wins. That thing's a beast. But for funsies I am into this. I'd try the Akarius as well, but that ammo capacity, good lord.

• Options
    Ok. I decided to work a bit more with Staticor since my "I don't like Staticor" comment.
    It's a lot more fun these days. A specialized slot for Lethal Momentum (despite its fairly low 40% boost) makes a huge difference.

• Options
    The Staticor was my old go-to for a sidearm like to the point where it's still my most used sidearm. I got far too much of a kick out of throwing hadoukens :P

• Options
    Mr SparklesMr Sparkles Registered User regular
    It's a patience game to get, but you can't go wrong with twin gremlins if you can burst headshots.
    I can drop 110 heavy gunners with a quarter second of sustained fire, though I have a good riven (damage, multishot, fire rate, -reload)

• Options
    IronKnuckle's GhostIronKnuckle's Ghost Registered User regular
    Now that I'm doing mid-tier RJ missions, I have discovered that my archwing turbo sucks. Specifically it dies in one hit, and it does approximately single digit damage to anything. I have very few archwing mods, and just the starter equipment you get.

So, how does one get new stuff? Like basically everyone, I've utterly ignored this mission type since it has never felt particularly fun to play.

• Options
    SteveRageSteveRage Registered User regular
    i think you're supposed to run archwing missions?
    i was lucky and got given a ton of mods by a fellow clan member.
    i think the drop rate feels disproportionately bad since you're doing something you don't enjoy.

still don't do archwing missions tho. not my cup o' tea i suppose

-in warframe (pc), i am fungible-
  • Options
    Now that I'm doing mid-tier RJ missions, I have discovered that my archwing turbo sucks. Specifically it dies in one hit, and it does approximately single digit damage to anything. I have very few archwing mods, and just the starter equipment you get.

So, how does one get new stuff? Like basically everyone, I've utterly ignored this mission type since it has never felt particularly fun to play.

The mods drop in archwing missions, so they're terrible to get due to low vacuum range. Ask in alliance and you'll probably get the basics thrown your way.

As for levelling them I tended to wait for the Razorback armada event since it requires people to run a mobile defense archwing mission, so it is busy and you can leech affinity off of your teammates.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I haven't even started Railjack stuff yet. Should probably get on that.

• Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    The best place to level arch wings is poe

fuck gendered marketing
This discussion has been closed.