As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Arknights] Drillelectric Banner & Paid Anniv G5*!

• Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    edited January 2020
    Croissant wouldn't have been as much of a disappointment for me if I hadn't pulled Nearl and Liskarm in my beginner pulls.

Edit: My 5* pull has been pretty block heavy.Texas, Zima, Liskarm, Nearl, Savage, Amiya, Croissant, and Projekt Red. And SilverAsh as my 6. I needs me some deeps.

Darkewolfe on
    What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    Are people saving the concentrated organite shit, or using it for pulls?

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Brody wrote: »
    Are people saving the concentrated organite shit, or using it for pulls?

Saving it here for other stuff, I'm not too worried about pulls with recruitment around and guarantees and such.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    Most people recommend saving it because it's the only way to get skins.

That said, I looked up a bunch of skins and they are not that exciting to me, so I dunno.

• Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Cool thing with skins in this game is that they change attack animations too.

But also, Elite 2 changes characters looks as well.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    Huh, just had a lucky drop piece of furniture drop from an XP farming stage.

Wasn't aware you could get furniture drops from stages, especially when they weren't listed in the loot drops.

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    There's lucky drop ones, and some of the challenge missions give furniture as well.

I can definitely pull twice before the end of the next banner, so I'm still chewing over whether I want one more pull on this banner or one more on next.

Darkewolfe on
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    New banner is up. I got a dupe Cliffheart instead of Pramanix, oh well (only needed 6 rolls though, which saves me pulls for the one this weekend).

Edit: Also got Matoimaru (glass cannon guard with self-healing) and Frostleaf (4* guard with SilverAsh (!) attack range and slows/stuns)

Polaritie on
  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Aegis wrote: »
    Huh, just had a lucky drop piece of furniture drop from an XP farming stage.

Wasn't aware you could get furniture drops from stages, especially when they weren't listed in the loot drops.

• Options
    Polaritie wrote: »
    New banner is up. I got a dupe Cliffheart instead of Pramanix, oh well (only needed 6 rolls though, which saves me pulls for the one this weekend).

Hang on, what? You're right, but I must misunderstand the banners. I thought Standard Pool 02 was next and Glory of Silver Ash was after that.

https://gamepress.gg/arknights/database/banner-list-gacha

• Options
    TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular
    Did a 10 pull.

Got Shining, a 6 star healer who buffs defense of nearby allies and gets a shield + heal at elite 1, she is not the featured 6 star.

I got 9 3 stars along w/that pull...

I guess worth?

League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
    Nintendo ID: Tortalius
    Steam: Tortalius
    Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    Darkewolfe wrote: »
    Polaritie wrote: »

Hang on, what? You're right, but I must misunderstand the banners. I thought Standard Pool 02 was next and Glory of Silver Ash was after that.

https://gamepress.gg/arknights/database/banner-list-gacha

Yeah, the news in-game shows Standard 02 starting Friday, so we're not getting 1:1 in order.

Polaritie on
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    A 6* is a 6*, yeah? Unless it's a dupe.

Edit: I see my confusion. There's the pools every 2 weeks, but some special pools that pop up in the middle.

Also, I got Cliffhart as my 5*.

Darkewolfe on
  • Options
    A 6* is a 6*, yeah? Unless it's a dupe.

Edit: I see my confusion. There's the pools every 2 weeks, but some special pools that pop up in the middle.

Also, I got Cliffhart as my 5*.

Yeah, Cliffhart kind of stings because we get her for free already. The cost - 1 isn't bad to have, and she's a 5* version of Rope. And Rope is really good already. Cliff's second skill lets her pull enemies in a large area, and her pull attack does arts damage instead of physical. She ranks in pretty high in attack power too.

• Options
    I like that this game makes you feel like it's much more than stat sticks bumping into each other in order to see if you clear stuff. It means that unless some 6 star has an incredibly crazy ability, you'll always be able to do stuff with lower tier units. This is especially true with increased DP costs on higher tiers and how important that becomes.

• Options
    Tcheldor wrote: »
    I like that this game makes you feel like it's much more than stat sticks bumping into each other in order to see if you clear stuff. It means that unless some 6 star has an incredibly crazy ability, you'll always be able to do stuff with lower tier units. This is especially true with increased DP costs on higher tiers and how important that becomes.

The other nice thing is the super-fast pity drop for 5*s on banners. Guaranteeing one on the first 10 pulls (doesn't have to be all at once, actually) is very helpful.

• Options
    Blergh I'm feeling pretty stung overall by the RNG. Never getting that second 6* and getting Cliffhart as my guaranteed this time. Bleeeergh.

• Options
    What are the main sources of Organimum? People are saying they've got enough for multiple pulls, but without cracking the pure shit I can't even manage another pull on the discount banner?

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

• Options
    What are the main sources of Organimum? People are saying they've got enough for multiple pulls, but without cracking the pure shit I can't even manage another pull on the discount banner?

Daily, weekly missions. Cert shop every so often. Weekly annihilation. Plus headhunting permits.

Part of it is I stopped pulling after hitting the guarantee on the first banner and clearing newbie banner. I didnt have enough to hit the guarantee on this one quite yet, I just got lucky.

• Options
    Ah, I forgot to look at trying to clear more on the Annihilation. I've only done the first 10 pull, and spent the first couple headhunter tickets hoping for something off that first banner.

• Options

I mean I cracked the pure stuff you get from quests. What else am I saving it for?

• Options

I mean I cracked the pure stuff you get from quests. What else am I saving it for?

I guess that was part of my original question, which I think the answer was costumes.

• Options

A (perhaps obvious?) heads up. The premium level up packs are converting the 'pure shit' but with added bonus cash and materials to go along with it.

• Options

A (perhaps obvious?) heads up. The premium level up packs are converting the 'pure shit' but with added bonus cash and materials to go along with it.

Yeah, it took me a couple minutes to figure that one out, but I did eventually catch it. Mostly just cause it took me forever to figure out how to other wise convert pure shit to loose shit to check the value.

• Options
    Yeah, I have extra points because I spent the $5 for the monthly pack that gives you a bunch of unobtainium.

• Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    393/400 on Chernobog.

1) Stupid wolf pack early-mid way through that throws 12 wolves at me. There's really no excuse to letting this leak, I just always underestimate how quickly they overwhelm my defender.
    2) That late "oh we're just going to go behind you on the left from the middle" pack of 2 casters and that brute thing is dirty.

Whomever mentioned how a push Shifter can basically solo the top lane, dear lord. Shaw + Cuora + Myrrh held that top lane almost entirely by themselves, with only occasional redeployment of a caster. Shaw's push could even push the big tanky dudes with a shield, though it took like 4 uses before they fall into the pit.

Characters
  • Options
    Yeah, I have extra points because I spent the $5 for the monthly pack that gives you a bunch of unobtainium.

If you're only gonna buy one thing, buy the monthly card (and the $1 starter pack).

Monthly is Originite Prime x6, 6000 Originate (enough for a pull), and 1800 Sanity/Stamina for $5.

• Options
    Welcome new friends!

LEGAagq.jpg

1st 10 pulls gave me my third Cliffheart and nothing but 3-4*s I already had.
    2nd 10 pull got me Saria which one one hand is hell yeah, on the other hand wasn't SilverAsh.
    3rd 10 pull was SilverAsh + Silence + Pramanix x2.....

Yeah. Okay. I take those.

• Options
    399/400

T_T

Characters
  • Options
    Aegis wrote: »
    399/400

T_T

I've been the 398/400. I feel you.

• Options
    Welcome new friends!

LEGAagq.jpg

1st 10 pulls gave me my third Cliffheart and nothing but 3-4*s I already had.
    2nd 10 pull got me Saria which one one hand is hell yeah, on the other hand wasn't SilverAsh.
    3rd 10 pull was SilverAsh + Silence + Pramanix x2.....

I really, really want Saria. I like the aesthetics of that whole group of units (which is why I took free Silence :P).

• Options
    Meteor, Skyfire, Zima, or Estelle on my 5* and Below Support?

Gonna keep Eyjafjalla on my 2nd support for a while, at least until she becomes more common.

• Options
    I know support units give credit, but I never ever use them. I'm either going for the 3 star completion, or I"m doing an auto and therefore no support.

• Options
    I know support units give credit, but I never ever use them. I'm either going for the 3 star completion, or I"m doing an auto and therefore no support.

I still use them on occasion. They're good to punch above your weight class on your way to getting there yourself.

• Options
    edited January 2020
    Ahahaha. Oh god Skyfire's second skill helped a lot in getting my 400 Cherno just now. It basically hits a 3x3 grid almost of enemies with every attack. For massive damage. And stun. Oh god it's glorious. With Cuora holding the line it becomes a massive deathtrap.

Polaritie on
  • Options
    There's no reason not to use a support of you're doing a challenge mission. I've been grinding a bunch of those out.

• Options
    SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    You aren't literally taking those out of someone else's account like some of the other gacha lucksacks around here but good lord vagrant.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    Nevermind, we cool.

First single on new banner:
    Wmc3lrql.png

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    SilverAsh is pretty much cheating at E1. With his increased range and second skill he basically combines a sniper, guard, and defender in a single unit.

• Options
    Does he lose the ATK penalty by toggling S2?

XNnw6Gk.jpg