As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Finally, a video game about the best part of [Star Wars]

• Options
    ChallChall Registered User regular
    Was anyone else craving ribs after this episode when
    that hologram comes up and Din says, "Moff Gideon....I want my baby back, baby back, baby back.

• Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    Chall wrote: »
    Was anyone else craving ribs after this episode when
    that hologram comes up and Din says, "Moff Gideon....I want my baby back, baby back, baby back.

• Options
    JimothyJimothy Not in front of the fox he's with the owlRegistered User regular
    edited December 2020
    Saw an interesting idea elsewhere

A lot of us are assuming/dreading that Rangers is about Cara because she was rumored to be getting a show and they seemed to be setting her up for something

But they're pretty specifically calling her a marshall in the show

Anyway, I saw someone suggest that Rangers might have Hera as the lead, which kinda fits with what she'd be doing right now I think

Jimothy on
  • Options
    JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    I personally am hoping that Rangers is just a Star Wars reboot of Walker: Texas Ranger.

• Options
    JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    Beat the First Order with the power of kicks and unnecessary pushups.

• Options
    ShadowenShadowen Snores in the morning LoserdomRegistered User regular
    Juggernut wrote: »
    Beat the First Order with the power of kicks and unnecessary pushups.

And telling children they have SpAIDS (space AIDS).

• Options
    Bloods EndBloods End Blade of Tyshalle Punch dimensionRegistered User regular
    What is the prettiest clone wars arc and why is it the battle of Umbaran?

• Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2020

Episode 15
    Bill Burr's character had a really good arc this episode, as did Gina Carano. I wish actors who weren't awful bigots were portraying these characters.

Din going without their helmet for so long really got some kind of reaction out of me, that was great too.

DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    edited December 2020
    Bloods End wrote: »
    What is the prettiest clone wars arc and why is it the battle of Umbaran?

It's either that or the siege of mandalore. One has better animation, the other more atmosphere

Latest Mando episode
    new boba paint job looks niiice.lookd the the costume department raided the Solo and rogue one armour cache.
    Seeing the slave 1 interior at work was also fun.
    I heard his actor is kinda a shit person but Mayfield was the best part not this episode. On the other hand I know her actor is a shit person and Cara Dune could be mostly cut from this show and you probably won't notice much.

honovere on
  • Options
    Snake GandhiSnake Gandhi Des Moines, IARegistered User regular
    Jimothy wrote: »
    Saw an interesting idea elsewhere

A lot of us are assuming/dreading that Rangers is about Cara because she was rumored to be getting a show and they seemed to be setting her up for something

But they're pretty specifically calling her a marshall in the show

Anyway, I saw someone suggest that Rangers might have Hera as the lead, which kinda fits with what she'd be doing right now I think
    My guess is the Rangers show started as an idea when people started saying they liked Cara Dune back when it first aired but they figured Gina Carano wasn't up to leading a series. So they made it more an ensemble. And since Miss Carano has been showing her ass on social media it's likely that ensemble might not include her any longer.

• Options
    ChallChall Registered User regular
    edited December 2020
    What if...
    Power Rangers of the New Republic

Chall on
  • Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    Chico Chall...

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    No, no, let's hear him out

• Options
    Petition for thread to now be
    "Finally a movie about the best part of star wars"

• Options
    GR_ZombieGR_Zombie Krillin It Registered User regular
    Bill Burr’s character should’ve been played by Joe Pantoliano.

04xkcuvaav19.png
  • Options
    Mortal SkyMortal Sky queer punk hedge witchRegistered User regular
    Two things I loved in this episode:
    1) The "fuck yeah Stormtroopers/TIEs" moment on the bridge is SO well undercut by the conversation in the officers' mess immediately after
    2) the seismic charge bass drop is still one of my things in any Star War ever, and getting it here was the best kind of fanservice

• Options
    PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    In latest episode
    I kept waiting for the boot to drop that the "pirates" were actually the native resistance fighters

• Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    Yes massacring the local anti-spacenazis seems a regrettable incident

• Options
    JoolanderJoolander Registered User regular
    Psykoma wrote: »
    In latest episode
    I kept waiting for the boot to drop that the "pirates" were actually the native resistance fighters

“We all [tell ourselves] whatever we have to to sleep at night”

• Options
    ShadowenShadowen Snores in the morning LoserdomRegistered User regular
    edited December 2020
    I'm torn between the two options--
    "the intent was to make the situation morally ambiguous by forcing our heroes to fight natives just trying to defeat the imperialists colonizing their land, but rewrites/edits ended up with the strange pirates who were willing to kill themselves to destroy the cargo they were attempting to pirate" vs. "Mando is able to lie to himself because the raiders are a different species than the villagers he saw." I prefer the latter, but I suspect the former is more likely to be true, possibly forced on them by studio higher-ups.

Alternately, a third option: the "pirates" were a third group, the original inhabitants of the planet; there are no humans or other species among them because they see non-native species who aren't part of the Imperial operation as still being colonizers.

Shadowen on
  • Options
    Yeah an important thing is that Din still has a real cult mentality. He has a singular focus it is a straight path to his goal. He's fighting bad guys because they are in between him and his son, but he'd do the same with good guys.

• Options
    I dunno he could have just shot that guy with the platform shoes in the face that would have been expedient

• Options
    Also it works as a decent exploration of the theme of the episode. What you tell yourself to sleep at night. Are you ok with knowing that the hero that you are following has a streak in him that might have him kill people who are just defending their home, or do you need it to somehow be ok and he only killed bad guys?

• Options
    DMACDMAC Come at me, bro! Moderator mod
    A little commission piece of Grogu having a cookie with a cardinal on his head.

op9rkbl45ogi.jpg

• Options
    Also it works as a decent exploration of the theme of the episode. What you tell yourself to sleep at night. Are you ok with knowing that the hero that you are following has a streak in him that might have him kill people who are just defending their home, or do you need it to somehow be ok and he only killed bad guys?

I dunno it just seems rather ill considered by the show, nobody even mentions it you'd think whatsherface Space Cop would have some sort of remark

• Options
    Mortal SkyMortal Sky queer punk hedge witchRegistered User regular
    also I hope y'all know that both times I have seen this episode
    I've gotten this stuck in my head exactly at the final action shot
    https://youtu.be/qgRr0CLFhaw?t=28

• Options
    MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    Hobnail wrote: »

I dunno it just seems rather ill considered by the show, nobody even mentions it you'd think whatsherface Space Cop would have some sort of remark

Mayfield is right when he says Imperial or New Republic they're both colonialists. Sure the NR is less racist, but they're still imposing their order.

• Options
    Hobnail wrote: »

Did they even see it?

• Options
    TefTef Registered User regular
    Sucks shit they had to call them pirates. At the time I read it as, “oh these are the locals who are sick of these colonisers fucking up their planet’. Now that I stop and think about it, I can see why it becomes very easy to handwave them away as ‘just’ pirates and they deserved whatever they may get because they were trying to steal

help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Tef wrote: »
    Sucks shit they had to call them pirates. At the time I read it as, “oh these are the locals who are sick of these colonisers fucking up their planet’. Now that I stop and think about it, I can see why it becomes very easy to handwave them away as ‘just’ pirates and they deserved whatever they may get because they were trying to steal

I mean they were stealing from the empire so even then I'd say they were justified

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    Star Wars has never been decent with it's characters and "aliens."

If someone looks or acts menacing, they're evil, at least in the movies and the Mandalorian

• Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    edited December 2020
    Star Wars has been very surface level, not much going on in the thinky brain bits since the very beginning.

Alec Guinness practically made a secondary career out of interrupting fans about how puerile he considered Star Wars to be.

sarukun on
  • Options
    What were those pirates hoping to steal flaming wreckage

• Options
    KamarKamar Registered User regular
    edited December 2020
    I suppose they could have been pirates after, I dunno, scrap from their vehicles? Or thinking they could pressure them a bit then demand a payout.

Seems pretty likely they just became pirates in post after deciding 'gunning down local rebels to maintain cover' was over the line they have in mind for Din.

Kamar on
  • Options
    JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    Did they ever even call them pirates? I thought local resistance/insurgents the whole time.

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • Options
    KamarKamar Registered User regular
    JayKaos wrote: »
    Did they ever even call them pirates? I thought local resistance/insurgents the whole time.

Din does when they first show up.

• Options
    edited December 2020
    If you're gonna dress up like nazis you may well have to execute a bunch of uppity Maquis that is the price of admission for the costume

Also when bandits attack nazis they are no longer bandits, those Sicilian mafia guys? They just nailbombed some wehrmacht so they're partisans now

Hobnail on
  • Options

I mean they were stealing from the empire so even then I'd say they were justified

Theft is a capital crime?

Now to be fair, they were there expressly to blow those tractors up. Guards would be justified for defending themselves in that instance in an otherwise unjustifiable occupation!

help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular

Theft is a capital crime?

Now to be fair, they were there expressly to blow those tractors up. Guards would be justified for defending themselves in that instance in an otherwise unjustifiable occupation!

No no the pirates were justified

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    Oh yup I agree!

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
This discussion has been closed.