As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FFRK] Battle on the Big Bridge # 424 (the one where Enkidu is a dog)

• Options
    FryFry Registered User regular
    ArcTangent wrote: »
    Fry wrote: »
    Don't forget there's the magicite support banner(s) coming too. Holy is getting my initial tickets, especially with the Beatrix change.

Aren't those the single draw, nothing guaranteed?

I was worried about Diabolos, so I did a real draw on a real banner

35 single draws, so odds are heavy that you'll pick up at least one AASB/Sync from them. And these are banners with a sync, 4 AASBs, and a CSB. That's the same or better than regular event banners. Holy bird is only 2 syncs, 1 CSB, and 3 AASBs, and that's counting Edward's AASB despite it being support and unable to carry DPS.

That's a point: 84% chance you'll get at least one Sync or AASB if you throw all 35 tickets at the same banner. Still, it's not something I wanted to rely on. From the JP banners, I had literally all of the chains, and dupes among most of the AASB lists.

Side note on the Holy Bird banner, Minwu AASB gives him essentially Vivi Trance (50% chance to doublecast, white magic in Minwu's case) in addition to the standard unlimited hones and Trigger Twice of most awakenings. It's pretty good.

• Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    edited July 2020
    In somewhat better news, I took out another Omega: Water-weak this time. I should keep track of these so I know which one to go for next.

I'm also learning that it's pretty fun to have Tyro carry a Machinist offering or other Imperil inducer instead of Wrath sometimes.

Enlong on
  • Options
    lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    Don't forget there's the magicite support banner(s) coming too. Holy is getting my initial tickets, especially with the Beatrix change.

Aren't those the single draw, nothing guaranteed?

I was worried about Diabolos, so I did a real draw on a real banner

35 single draws, so odds are heavy that you'll pick up at least one AASB/Sync from them. And these are banners with a sync, 4 AASBs, and a CSB. That's the same or better than regular event banners. Holy bird is only 2 syncs, 1 CSB, and 3 AASBs, and that's counting Edward's AASB despite it being support and unable to carry DPS.

That's a point: 84% chance you'll get at least one Sync or AASB if you throw all 35 tickets at the same banner. Still, it's not something I wanted to rely on. From the JP banners, I had literally all of the chains, and dupes among most of the AASB lists.

Side note on the Holy Bird banner, Minwu AASB gives him essentially Vivi Trance (50% chance to doublecast, white magic in Minwu's case) in addition to the standard unlimited hones and Trigger Twice of most awakenings. It's pretty good.

Yeah but 1/11 LMR

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    My streak of daily draw shared SBs continue - a IV SB-less sword with a chance to petrify.

• Options
    boy, you weren't kidding about ice-weak Omega. +6 Barice, really? My team uses Laguna and Noel, and Omega still had +4 at the end of the fight.

• Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    Enlong wrote: »
    boy, you weren't kidding about ice-weak Omega. +6 Barice, really? My team uses Laguna and Noel, and Omega still had +4 at the end of the fight.

He does that move twice, so it's plus 12 total.

• Options
    rattletraprattletrap Registered User regular

I had the same two guys, both sporting imperil USBs and yeah - unless you get lucky on Laguna's offering you're going to be behind on imperils for the latter part of the fight while Omega's sporting 6+ stacks of Wind boost. It makes the other Omega fight's gimmicks look funny in comparison.

• Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    Speaking of Omega, with a newly minted Shiva in tow I took my Ice team and beat Bio Omega, just for the hell of it. 9/9. Might go back and look at Bio Odin while I'm at it.

• Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    Speaking of Omega, with a newly minted Shiva in tow I took my Ice team and beat Bio Omega, just for the hell of it. 9/9. Might go back and look at Bio Odin while I'm at it.

Nice. I still haven't bothered with either of those. I poked at Odin a couple times, but never got full motivation.

• Options
    In other news, I just went through and blanket sharded any 6* or lower weapon which doesn't have a synergy elemental boost, at least (I've been laaaaaazy).

I'm up over 1200 rainbow crystals now, and that's without a recent look at armor or accessories.

I've also got 32 artifact things. I should probably just go and fill out element artifact sets and get rid of a bunch of the element boost ones, too.
    Fire: Katana, Gun, pKnife, Sword, mKnife, Rod. I guess pick up staff? Fist, too. Probably not worth getting whip
    Ice: Katana, Sword, Bow (shut up), Gun, pKnife, mKnife. Should pick up rod, staff, maybe thrown for magic too, maybe fist for physical although I don't really have too many ice punchers
    Lightning: Sword, Spear, pKnife, mKnife, Rod, Gun. Get staff.
    Earth: Fist, pKnife, mKnife, Whip. Get sword, rod, staff, axe/hammer?
    Wind: Sword, pKnife, mKnife, Rod. Get staff, spear, thrown?
    Water: Sword, pKnife, mKnife, Thrown, Rod, get...staff, I guess nothing else?
    Holy: Sword, Staff, pKnife, mknife, mndKnife. Get...uh...katana? Instrument? Rod?
    Dark: Katana, Sword, pKnife, mKnife, get Rod, Staff, might be worth whip for nabaat.
    Poison: lolrod. Probably should get my knives and maybe whip here, too.

• Options
    rattletrap wrote: »

I had the same two guys, both sporting imperil USBs and yeah - unless you get lucky on Laguna's offering you're going to be behind on imperils for the latter part of the fight while Omega's sporting 6+ stacks of Wind boost. It makes the other Omega fight's gimmicks look funny in comparison.

I put Ace Striker and Battleforged on Noel and Laguna, that allowed them to keep up with the absurd bar-element stacking. Rinoa brought the chain, and her+Squall did the damage.

• Options
    Hm. Not being able to beat Dark-weak Omega doesn’t bode well for Diabolos.

If only there had been a way for me to try to get some more Holy relics. Or even two in the last two days. Alas.

• Options
    ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular
    Jragghen wrote: »
    In other news, I just went through and blanket sharded any 6* or lower weapon which doesn't have a synergy elemental boost, at least (I've been laaaaaazy).

I'm up over 1200 rainbow crystals now, and that's without a recent look at armor or accessories.

I've also got 32 artifact things. I should probably just go and fill out element artifact sets and get rid of a bunch of the element boost ones, too.
    Fire: Katana, Gun, pKnife, Sword, mKnife, Rod. I guess pick up staff? Fist, too. Probably not worth getting whip
    Ice: Katana, Sword, Bow (shut up), Gun, pKnife, mKnife. Should pick up rod, staff, maybe thrown for magic too, maybe fist for physical although I don't really have too many ice punchers
    Lightning: Sword, Spear, pKnife, mKnife, Rod, Gun. Get staff.
    Earth: Fist, pKnife, mKnife, Whip. Get sword, rod, staff, axe/hammer?
    Wind: Sword, pKnife, mKnife, Rod. Get staff, spear, thrown?
    Water: Sword, pKnife, mKnife, Thrown, Rod, get...staff, I guess nothing else?
    Holy: Sword, Staff, pKnife, mknife, mndKnife. Get...uh...katana? Instrument? Rod?
    Dark: Katana, Sword, pKnife, mKnife, get Rod, Staff, might be worth whip for nabaat.
    Poison: lolrod. Probably should get my knives and maybe whip here, too.

This is what my artifact tracking looks like at the moment (only one side of each 6* magicite cleared, and everything totally maxed out), and it's just about to the point where I stop bothering because I'll be saturated enough that I can grab whatever on whims. Some of the realm holes are annoying though, because there aren't good multi-character artifacts, or things like FF9 that have only one magic artifact period.
    oSUsium.png

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    Hm. Not being able to beat Dark-weak Omega doesn’t bode well for Diabolos.

If only there had been a way for me to try to get some more Holy relics. Or even two in the last two days. Alas.

Wait, don't you mean Holy Weak Omega?

lionheart_m on
    3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    Yes, my bad.

• Options
    Okay, went completely nuts and just got every dagger for each realm. Still have tons of artifact tokens. Rainbow shards took a decent hit, but that just means I should probably mulch more things!

• Options
    Ok. Came back to Holy-weak Omega after choosing to finally shell out some lenses for my Knights. A dualcast LMR and OSB for Agrias, a Glint for Warrior of Light, and an offensive USB for Ramza. With all of that (and the knowledge that Holy-weak Omega is all piercing and gravity), I took that fight down this time. Feeling better about my chances.

And I guess I shouldn’t badmouth my last Holy ticket too much. It was WOL’s OSB, which is an OSB.

• Options
    1/11 Squall fire awakening.

Not the best, not the worst

• Options
    ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    Did a couple pulls

3/11: Lightning holy AOSB, Lenna AASBx2

1/11: Seph Sync

Dunno if I want to try again, or wait for the other banners. Meh, no rush to decide I guess.

• Options
    edited July 2020
    All right. Time to see if my bad luck for this fest thus far was pre-karma punishment, or if it's just going to continue.

...It's the latter.

150 mythril in, 4 relics out. Yuna's chain, Lightning's holy AOSB, Sephiroth's g+, and Squall's G+.

Jesus fucking christ, game. This fest has been an abomination.

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    Hmmm... Tempted. Got 50 Mythril for 1 pull...

• Options
    LeeksLeeks Registered User regular
    2/11
    Lenna BUSB
    Bartz Sync

I'm happy with that. Saving for at least 1 pull on banner 5. Probably get Noctis sync dupe there since it's the only thing I already have.

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    3 pulls
    3 copies of seph SASB.
    Ok. This thing is level 5 now... does it get a second use eventually or?

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    1/11 - Bartz SASB
    1/11 - Rem SASB - woohoo!

Okay, calling it quits. Got the absolute winner of the fest so I can't complain about it whatsoever.

• Options
    38thDoe wrote: »
    3 pulls
    3 copies of seph SASB.

I don't think so? Syncs get the buffs mentioned in the relic's description, Awakenings get an extra use, and OSBs get... a speed boost, was it?

• Options
    Angrily tossed the 100 mythril that I was semi-reserving for the sync draw, but am not enamored of that draw so much, although the results so far are kind of saying that I should be drawing on it because it's a guaranteed SOMETHING.

Claire AASB and Bartz G+

And then I finally got my first fucking decent draw since the realm refresh, and that's counting striking out on all the realm and elemental banners except for FFXIII's 1/11 sync as good.

4/11
    Yuna CSB dupe, Claire G+, Claire AOSB dupe, Rem sync.

Somehow in 250 mythril, dodged both of Lenna's relics, and across the ~400 mythril spent on this fest plus all the free draws so far, just two AASBs (only one usable), and one sync. Some of you jerks have gotten better than that on your dailies in the last week, which I still haven't had a single 6* relic on, even an OSB dupe, since January.

The 30 mythril from the fest today puts me over 50 though, so kind of tempted to toss it at the holy bird banner since the Yuna/Rem pickups (and grabbing some extra stuff from lens show) get me halfway to a holy magic team and any hit there would get me to it. Should probably quit while I'm ahead.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    3 pulls
    3 copies of seph SASB.

I don't think so? Syncs get the buffs mentioned in the relic's description, Awakenings get an extra use, and OSBs get... a speed boost, was it?

Syncs get the buffs listed in their description. Awakenings get a second use. AOSBs drop from 3 to 2 bars.

A fully combined Sync weapon is damned close to an artifact, though, so that's one benefit.

Darklyre on
  • Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    and two more:
    Squall G+ and AASB
    and Seph G+
    why not one more?
    finally
    Rem SASB
    Lightning AASB
    Seph G+

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    TorgaironTorgairon Registered User regular
    edited July 2020
    2/11: bartz SASB, squall AASB
    2/11: bartz SASB (dupe!), seph SASB

seph and bartz grow e'er thicc'er. I could have used rem's a lot more because holy mag is probably my weakest team, but I can hardly complain.

Torgairon on
  • Options
    Aw shit.

So, I actually have enough stuff on the table to build another 50 mythril if I was to do all the things (story dungeons, fest content, Dr Mog Can't Swim Event). And the holy chocobo banner is around for another day.

A hit on that would still be the best I could do to further improve my Diabolos team, but I don't want to grind out 20 fights in as many hours, when the result could well be exactly as bad as it was this morning.

• Options
    and two more:
    Squall G+ and AASB
    and Seph G+
    why not one more?
    finally
    Rem SASB
    Lightning AASB
    Seph G+

Garbage pull buddies.

But seriously, I find that basically nobody pulled either of Lenna's relics kind of funny.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    But seriously, I find that basically nobody pulled either of Lenna's relics kind of funny.

See now I don't want to pull at all lol

lionheart_m on
  • Options
    Just realized Squall's UA, which I already have R5, with his two awakenings would be auto-triplecast AoE with a chance for a 4th, and a cap limit of 29999.

....I'm liking this draw more.

• Options
    edited July 2020
    Just realized Squall's UA, which I already have R5, with his two awakenings would be auto-triplecast AoE with a chance for a 4th, and a cap limit of 29999.

And if you add one Sync (because you can't run both at the same time...)

edit: btw his AASB2 returns on his Sync2 Banner.

lionheart_m on
  • Options

And if you add one Sync (because you can't run both at the same time...)

edit: btw his AASB2 returns on his Sync2 Banner.

Don't have either sync, but yeah. :)

Fire will be weaker than ice (I've got his fire USB, but no glint), but that should still be solid.

• Options

Lenna's BUSB is actually quite good though!

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options

Lenna's BUSB is actually quite good though!

*checking*

What the heck? It’s a powercrept version of Elarra’s USB1.

Well, wait no. Not quite. It trades some of the initial healing potency (moderate heal) for adding a Brave command that does a party Medica and Last Stand at rank 3.

And it builds brave on White or Dance, so she can just carry Passionate Sarisa Salsa.

Considering that I often fail to find a good time to use Elarra’s Awakening for Last Stand amidst all the USB uses, that is a very nice version of it to have.

• Options
    Did two draws, got Squall Glint+, Rem Glint+, Yuna chain, Lenna AASB2, and Sephiroth Sync

The Glints are not useful for me at the moment, Yuna chain is not a big upgrade over the other two holy magic chains I already have. Lenna thing is not great, but should make her that little bit more usable. Sephiroth thing should be pretty good, though

• Options
    ijmw82hdxncj.jpg

Okay, I messed up re-upping my enIce, so it wasn't a successful run, but can confirm:

2 hits kills a large tornado, you can get a quad strike, which means if you're REAL lucky you can kill all tornadoes in 2 turns and still get 10 hits on Valefor while he's rage 0, and while I was critting and he was only a single level of enIce, it was breaking 20k.

• Options
    JeanJean Heartbroken papa bear Gatineau, QuébecRegistered User regular
    1 pull on banner 1 : Fantasy Grimoire Volume 1, Gilgamesh's Guise , Rod of the Black Khan
    2 pulls on banner 3 : Alchemist Yuna , Dragon's Heart , Red Cap , Robe of Lords

Since when is Squall a fire guy? All the other relics I got for him are ice based...

"You won't destroy us, You won't destroy our democracy. We are a small but proud nation. No one can bomb us to silence. No one can scare us from being Norway. This evening and tonight, we'll take care of each other. That's what we do best when attacked'' - Jens Stoltenberg