As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FFRK] Battle on the Big Bridge # 424 (the one where Enkidu is a dog)

• Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    A lot of characters got a second element at one point, which was forgotten about until this event.

• Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    And technically, Squall has a piece of Fire tech before he ever did Ice. His first BSB has Renzokuken Flame and Renzokuken Wind as Burst commands.

But then his BSB2 was ice based, and also the best physical BSB for a long while.

• Options
    ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular
    Fry wrote: »
    Did two draws, got Squall Glint+, Rem Glint+, Yuna chain, Lenna AASB2, and Sephiroth Sync

The Glints are not useful for me at the moment, Yuna chain is not a big upgrade over the other two holy magic chains I already have. Lenna thing is not great, but should make her that little bit more usable. Sephiroth thing should be pretty good, though

I haven't done the math myself, but word I've seen is that it's just slightly better than his AASB/USB2 combo, assuming you're not getting outside help like a critfix or crit boost. And his AASB/USB2 is crazy strong to start with.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    Oh, interesting! The latest festival ticket got me Relm's USB2. Instant healing, Last Stand, and Portrait Sketch mode, which makes her periodically do a 6-hit white magic attack + small medica, with elements dependent upon how many FFVI characters are in the battle. 0-1 is Water/Non, 2 is Water/Dark/Non, and 3 is Water/Dark/Fire/Non.

It would be quite nice to use Relm again in something, and this thing is weird but worth a shot, in combination with her USB1.

Looking at what I have: A Water team is easy enough to build with Relm in it. Hell, she was the character I first used for Phoenix. Dark is tricky, because my best Dark magic team right now doesn't use Kefka, and my best Dark physical team doesn't use Shadow or Setzer. I would want Kefka's Chain or Awakening before I made a Relm team for Dark. Fire is way easier to pull off, provided I'm doing an FFVI Torment. Fire is my strongest realm team for VI, so Relm would easily get there.

This thing will of course be way easier to use in 6 months, when Relm gets Wrath.

edit:

Haha, maybe my test will work better if I don't take a water magic team over to Phoenix.

Enlong on
  • Options
    DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    Ticket got me Hope USB, which isn't bad since I need magical holy help anyways.

• Options
    lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    Well that was a bust. Ticket gave me dupe Gordon USB. Ahh.. Decisions. Last day of the Holy Sync Banner. Or pull on Banner 3...I'll do another attempt on Holy Weak Omega to gauge my team.

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    4/10, one disco

Firion wcast knight
    Xezat significant spellblade
    Gilgamesh party 30% bubble and RES boost glint?
    Like my 7th dupe basch USB

Surprisingly solid, given it's all 5*.

• Options
    FryFry Registered User regular
    Another nice thing about banner 3: no 5* on banner (you can still get a low-probability 5* from one of the characters who is on the banner).

• Options
    OK, Holy-weak Omega can fuck off. Even Lakshmi has the decency to not do the Sleep/Confuse combo twice.

• Options
    Paine BUSB.

Buuuuut I did say fuck it and spent 50 of my remaining 80 mythril on holy bird since I'm one holy magic AASB away from a really strong holy magic team. Which was 1/11, of course, but it was Minwu's sync.

So pretty decent results on the last 150 mythril. Fucking abominable on the approximately 1000 and all free draws since the last fest before it. Still at a whopping 1 6* on daily in the last 12 months, and just passed 7 months since my last one.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    (the "fuck it" attitude towards Dark-weak Omega lasts approximately 10 minutes before I try making a magic team instead)

• Options
    Ok! Omega Holy Weak Clear. It wasn't sub 30 (30.5x) but I think this team is solid. Ramza's AASB helped a bunch! I think I'm way more confident on skipping the Holy Sync Banner and give a try at Banner 3.

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    Uh. OK, wow.

Dark-weak Omega dead, in under 30 seconds. Big props to Cloud of Darkness (for the Chain) and Kuja (who nearly killed himself with Necro Countdown, but still had enough time to do his Arcane).

Uh. I think my Dark magic team might have eclipsed my Dark physical team, even with Sephiroth's USBs and Arcane to play with.

And that's the 8 elements of Omega that DENA cares about complete. That has been a fun challenge to go through, way more than 6-star Magicites.

Enlong on
  • Options
    Enlong wrote: »
    OK, Holy-weak Omega can fuck off. Even Lakshmi has the decency to not do the Sleep/Confuse combo twice.

It was the hardest of the lot by a pretty significant margain for me.
    ArcTangent wrote: »
    Paine BUSB.

Buuuuut I did say fuck it and spent 50 of my remaining 80 mythril on holy bird since I'm one holy magic AASB away from a really strong holy magic team. Which was 1/11, of course, but it was Minwu's sync.

So pretty decent results on the last 150 mythril. Fucking abominable on the approximately 1000 and all free draws since the last fest before it. Still at a whopping 1 6* on daily in the last 12 months, and just passed 7 months since my last one.

I don't know why, but Paine's bUSB is actually really good, I've found. It seems to perform better than most other bUSBs.

• Options
    That's funny, since it definitely has the same multipliers as, say, Tidus's bubsy.

Is it possible she just has good sphere skills buffing her damage? She's got 3% vs vulnerable element, 3% on Spellblade, another 6% on Spellblade, and 3% with Swords.

• Options
    That's funny, since it definitely has the same multipliers as, say, Tidus's bubsy.

Is it possible she just has good sphere skills buffing her damage? She's got 3% vs vulnerable element, 3% on Spellblade, another 6% on Spellblade, and 3% with Swords.

Quite possibly that, combined with the fact that it gives HQC Spellblade 2? Tidus's is just single normal QC.

Like, her bUSB seemed to make her quick cycle USB redundant for me.

• Options
    edited July 2020
    I think Tidus's Bubsy is actually a longer quick-casting effect. The description says it "tempoarily [reduces] delay of the user's actions", rather than "[reduces] dleay of the user's actions for one turn", like you'd get on Lightning's USB1. I assumed that means that it's a timer-based buff, and the speedcasting lasts until that expires.

edit:

Yeah, according to the community database, Tidsus's thing gives him a Quick Cast status that lasts 15 seconds (so, plenty of time to do a bunch of stuff and refresh the status).

Enlong on
  • Options
    I also don't have Tidus's bUSB, so I'm admittedly not comparing to that one :P

• Options
    She's my chain holder, and doesn't generate SB all that well, plus has issues because there's only one 6* water spellblade for her to use.

I suppose I have enough ex lens for a couple more HAs. Lightning's seems like an automatic given her sync and holy AASB. Not sure the other though. Kind of feel like Penelo might be a gimme since she's stacked and I currently have a mixed team for 12.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    She's my chain holder, and doesn't generate SB all that well, plus has issues because there's only one 6* water spellblade for her to use.

I suppose I have enough ex lens for a couple more HAs. Lightning's seems like an automatic given her sync and holy AASB. Not sure the other though. Kind of feel like Penelo might be a gimme since she's stacked and I currently have a mixed team for 12.

What I do with my Chain holders these days is to give them a meter boost Record Materia (I use Mako Might, because I have Elarra's G+ and can afford to give Tyro Ace Striker, but giving the Chain user Ace Striker works when that's not an option), and have them build meter with a 6-star weakness-hitting move, or Lifesiphon/Wrath. By the time they have enough meter for 2 back-to-back soul breaks, the DPS characters will have a soul break and sometimes a Glint ready to go. This allows the chain user to go ahead with DPS instead of only building the next chain, and delays the chain until the team is actually ready to use it.

That strategy has allowed me to use my Chain-holders' ultras and such way more often than I used to be able to. And unless my chain-holder is using an Awakening, the drop in power from using a soul break RM doesn't hurt the team's power output that much. Particularly when compared to not using their other soul breaks.

Anyway, Paine can use Lifesiphon, and 8 or 10 uses of Stormspell Strike should be enough for most fights after the team gets going, particularly since she'll be using Brave attacks on some of her turns instead.

Enlong on
  • Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Do ex lenses get used for anything else?

also what is the best way to use Seph with all usbs and syncs and AASB?

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    edited July 2020
    Hm. So, this is just me speculating, as I have no experience with those tools.

So, if you have a crit-boosting party (Tyro and Elarra USB tricks, for instance, or Ignis meals), I'd say build up 4 mini-bars, and then use Zanshin and his Sync back to back. Then you can ignore command 2 and spam command 1, since Zanshin and the team's support give him everything that using command 2 would give him. You can also do this if buffed crits aren't necessary to get the damage you need. If you don't, or don't want to, use a crit-boosting party, then I would instead use the Sync alone and cycle in command 2 with a powerful Darkness ability in slot 2. You'd go command 2, command 1, repeat, and have buffed crits and fully broken damage limit.

And then, after the Sync is done, you use his Awakening, and then spend the extra bars the Awakening gave you to use Zanshin again, then spam a darkness attack. And if the boss still lives when his Awakening ends, you spam his OSB.

If you didn't have his Sync, I'd say to do Heartless Angel, then Awakening, then Zanshin, for the stacking Endark. But the Sync gives you 3 stacks of Endark on its own.

Enlong on
  • Options
    Hm. So, this is just me speculating, as I have no experience with those tools.

So, if you have a crit-boosting party (Tyro and Elarra USB tricks, for instance, or Ignis meals), I'd say build up 4 mini-bars, and then use Zanshin and his Sync back to back. Then you can ignore command 2 and spam command 1, since Zanshin and the team's support give him everything that using command 2 would give him. You can also do this if buffed crits aren't necessary to get the damage you need. If you don't, or don't want to, use a crit-boosting party, then I would instead use the Sync alone and cycle in command 2 with a powerful Darkness ability in slot 2. You'd go command 2, command 1, repeat, and have buffed crits and fully broken damage limit.

And then, after the Sync is done, you use his Awakening, and then spend the extra bars the Awakening gave you to use Zanshin again, then spam a darkness attack. And if the boss still lives when his Awakening ends, you spam his OSB.

If you didn't have his Sync, I'd say to do Heartless Angel, then Awakening, then Zanshin, for the stacking Endark. But the Sync gives you 3 stacks of Endark on its own.

Yeah, Heartless -> Awakening -> Zanshin is kinda bonkers damage. No sync so I'm not sure offhand for that one.

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Isn’t it better to go zanshin AASB heartless?

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    38thDoe wrote: »
    Isn’t it better to go zanshin AASB heartless?

Not at all. You need Empowered Infusion first from Heartless or you'll miss the extra stacks from AASB and Zanshin.

• Options
    And you want Zanshin to be last so you get the full cap break, since I think the AASB's "raise by 1" overwrites the "no cap break" thing?

• Options
    Jragghen wrote: »
    And you want Zanshin to be last so you get the full cap break, since I think the AASB's "raise by 1" overwrites the "no cap break" thing?

The cap breaks all stack, you just don't want BDL 9 from Zanshin to be ticking down while you cast two other SBs

• Options
    edited July 2020
    Hmm I feel like I had to do it zanshin first on Alexander but maybe I needed the cap break to stop me getting killed.
    What ability for C1, taboo raid?

38thDoe on
    38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    edited July 2020
    Hmm I feel like I had to do it zanshin first on Alexander but maybe I needed the cap break to stop me getting killed.

I like Demon Cross, because it helps him get into his Trance, but that's fight-dependant. It also basically loses its downside after being used a few times.

I admit to not having crafted Taboo Raid yet, because I'm scared of less meter. But now that I think about it, a Sync would fix that issue, since you'd only ever get Sync Command amounts of meter anyway.

Enlong on
  • Options

I like Demon Cross, because it helps him get into his Trance, but that's fight-dependant. It also basically loses its downside after being used a few times.

I admit to not having crafted Taboo Raid yet, because I'm scared of less meter. But now that I think about it, a Sync would fix that issue, since you'd only ever get Sync Command amounts of meter anyway.

man I'd have to ask on the Discord but IIRC Taboo Raid has a lower multiplier than Demon Cross so in THEORY they're about the same in a vacuum. The thing is, if Sephiroth gets all the buffs and you debuff the boss, it ends up doing much more due to more hits.

• Options
    Dread Weapon: 3.0/4
    Reaping Scythe: 4.0/4 (if doomed)
    Sanguine Cross: 3.8/4
    Crimson Cross: 4.4/4
    Demon Cross: 5.35/5
    Taboo Raid: 5.6/7
    Decil hero ability: 7.08/6 (vs single target)
    Sephiroth hero ability: 6.6/6
    Gaffgarion hero ability: 5.5/5
    Seifer hero ability: 5.5/5 (vs single target)

• Options
    So what you're telling me is I should look into dcecil's HA

• Options

if you have stuff for him, it's Real Good. Same with Sephiroth's ability.

(I've been tending to use Decil for Touched by Darkness, 2.7/3. guaranteed doublecast from his USB feels like it helps with getting the imperil stacks on)

• Options

It's one of those like Squall's that's AoE, but gets a higher multiplier when there's single target. It also has some recoil damage.

The problem with it is that Alexander is very unkind to AoE because he'll be constantly pulling aggro on the light mote thing.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options

It's one of those like Squall's that's AoE, but gets a higher multiplier when there's single target. It also has some recoil damage.

The problem with it is that Alexander is very unkind to AoE because he'll be constantly pulling aggro on the light mote thing.

Does the light mote start counting down with each hit it takes, or only when it swaps targets?

• Options
    Fry wrote: »

if you have stuff for him, it's Real Good. Same with Sephiroth's ability.

(I've been tending to use Decil for Touched by Darkness, 2.7/3. guaranteed doublecast from his USB feels like it helps with getting the imperil stacks on)

Unique, Super, Burst, a bad LMR.....and his awakening. Probably worth it with the latter.

• Options

Does the light mote start counting down with each hit it takes, or only when it swaps targets?

Neither. It attacks every however many seconds and each attack applies 2 pain. It attacks whoever last hit it. If anybody reaches 6 pain, it's an auto-wipe. So if DCecil is constantly whacking it, he's going to be constantly pulling its targeting.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    I’m torn on hero abilities.

On the one hand, there’s Squall. I already beat Valefor once without it, but I’m having a hell of a time repeating the feat. Having that AOE strike would help a lot vs the add phase, and with Awakening, might even help take out some of the tornados in phase 3 to lower the incoming damage.

On the other hand, there are characters with a Holy attack, since Diabolos is on his way later. Holy element is notoriously low on actual 6-star moves to use, especially on the physical side. What if I find myself wanting to swap in Pecil, and needing his ability for meter and power? Or maybe I end up with something good enough for Beatrix, and want her on-command Overstrike attack?

So it’s like, definite frustration drop now, or possible frustration drop later. But I’m not even sure if I would need that a move for Diabolos.

• Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    edited July 2020
    Took my Bio Omega team to Bio Odin. Mastered him!

Oof it was close. Odin Confused my 3 support, leaving Squall and Noel to DPS. There was time enough on the Chain to push him to phase 3, where the boss became weak to Ice, and with six stacks of Imperil the two of them could DPS him to finish, even with no Chain.

I got my 8 copies of Shiva, so I suppose it's time to look at Valefor.

silence1186 on
  • Options
    I’m torn on hero abilities.

On the one hand, there’s Squall. I already beat Valefor once without it, but I’m having a hell of a time repeating the feat. Having that AOE strike would help a lot vs the add phase, and with Awakening, might even help take out some of the tornados in phase 3 to lower the incoming damage.

On the other hand, there are characters with a Holy attack, since Diabolos is on his way later. Holy element is notoriously low on actual 6-star moves to use, especially on the physical side. What if I find myself wanting to swap in Pecil, and needing his ability for meter and power? Or maybe I end up with something good enough for Beatrix, and want her on-command Overstrike attack?

So it’s like, definite frustration drop now, or possible frustration drop later. But I’m not even sure if I would need that a move for Diabolos.

Squall's UA is the only one I've picked up so far, but it was worth it for Valefor. I ended up having his awakening cast be what drops Valefor below 70%, then just go nuts with his awakening and the UA. 19999 per hit on tornadoes, and if he triplecasts it kills the large ones in a single turn. Most of the time I finish that section with every tornado dead, or at most one left. I do have another character with an awakening to carry me through phase 3, though.