Options

[FFRK] Battle on the Big Bridge # 424 (the one where Enkidu is a dog)

• Options
    ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular
    Wyvern wrote: »
    On a whim I spent a couple of my stockpiled tickets on VIII to see if I could improve my fortunes with my new realm chain. First pull: Rinoa earth Glint+ and Raiden AASB. Second pull: dupe Irvine chain, Raiden LMR1, Rinoa earth sync.

So that decision paid off I guess.

I'm still new to syncs, so let me run this by you: I have Rinoa's doublecast black magic LMR. Her unique ability is an earth/ice Witch-type spell. I put that in slot 1 and Chain Stoneja in slot 2. I build meter with Chain Stoneja, cast the sync, and then use command 1. Command 1 can proc the the LMR and LM2, because it's considered black magic, and then links directly to the witch spell (without dealing with the slow cast time), and the fact that I have no doublecast for witch spells doesn't matter because triggered abilities can't proc doublecast anyway. That's how that all works, right?

Yes, BUUUUUUUUUUUT there's a good argument to be made for using Brothers instead. The overall multiplier is a little bit higher than Rinoa's HA, and it hits almost twice as hard per hits. It just hits four times instead of six. Ramuh can be a huge asshole with his damage reduction though, so if you're not getting close to capping with her HA, you'd definitely be better served to switch to the summon.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    Well... Lann AASB and Rapha AASB. Yay?

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    So with that I went ahead and did...

First used a ticket on the Core Realm Banner
    Dupe Elarra GSB+
    Dr Mog LMR... Trance? He has a Trance?

So yeah eff it, 100 Mythril for Elarra AASB here we go. I'm surprised that despite all the dupes (Rydia and OK) I ended up with

Serah LMR x2
    Terra LMR
    Celes LMR
    Papalymo USB

Like wow. Talk about lousy luck. Well no complaints, finally got her AASB.

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    Fran USB and Fang OSB

Ending things as shitty as they've gone.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    Dupe Vayne AOSB
    Ramza AOSB

I will never have the meter to use this, but nice, I guess.

• Options
    FryFry Registered User regular
    Between Summer Decadence, Summer Appreciation, Luck of the Realms, and the Lucky AASB draw, I got two new AASBs and two dupe AASBs. And a scattering of USBs and Glint+ that might be useful.

Could have been better, could have been worse.

• Options
    edited July 2020
    Felt like doing another draw this morning and I'll gave enough for a banner 5 draw regardless so I did a 15 mythril ff9 draw

Dupe kuja burst
    Zidane thief QC LMR

It's a wind boost bracer, at least, and puts me into the position that I can literally lens a complete zidane

Jragghen on
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    Fry wrote: »
    Between Summer Decadence, Summer Appreciation, Luck of the Realms, and the Lucky AASB draw, I got two new AASBs and two dupe AASBs. And a scattering of USBs and Glint+ that might be useful.

Could have been better, could have been worse.

Two more AASBs than I got, one in dupes and new!

And the one was Gabranth's, which when combined with his BUSB, is ALMOST BUT NOT QUITE as good as a single 2xcast AASB.

I'm really having a hard time getting over how bad this stupid thing is. I think it might rival Galuf's for terribleness.

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Seems alright to me. Get those 2 soul breaks ready, use one and then the other, and then spam Darkness Swing for the max number of hits + Imperil every turn (and use the Brave command for a big Overstrike hit when it’s ready).

The effects are basically what I get using Cloud’s Endark USB and Dark Awakening, and he did quite good against Alexander. Granted, it gives him cap break 1 instead of cap break 2, but he’s also got a 15-second speed boost to go with it.

• Options
    Enlong wrote: »
    Seems alright to me. Get those 2 soul breaks ready, use one and then the other, and then spam Darkness Swing for the max number of hits + Imperil every turn (and use the Brave command for a big Overstrike hit when it’s ready).

The effects are basically what I get using Cloud’s Endark USB and Dark Awakening, and he did quite good against Alexander. Granted, it gives him cap break 1 instead of cap break 2, but he’s also got a 15-second speed boost to go with it.

...And a 25 second 100% crit buff.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    Ticket, 3/10
    Dupe Leon LMR
    Dupe Josef Glint
    Rufus AASB

I've only got an SSB for Rufus otherwise but a good combo if I need a physical dark imperiler, I suppose.

• Options
    Rufus is also the rare non-healer who can dispel in FF7. Less valuable than it used to be, but you can build a solid realm dark team between him, Cloud, and Sephiroth with him able to take care of dispel, too

• Options
    rattletraprattletrap Registered User regular
    Rem's Sync is absolutely bonkers as advertised. Ark used to be the only 5* I couldn't get below a 30s clear due to his debuffing shenanigans, and I have now gotten it down to 20s-ish. I also took her for a spin against Dark Odin and nearly cracked the 30s clear barrier first try. If you are willing to sink a ton of 6* motes into her (and I am) her license board also comes with a solid white magic holy attack, which seems really helpful given the small number of 6* holy abilities.

I remain unsure, however, that this will be enough for Diabolos. I have Rem's offensive USB and Arcane to support her, but no empowered holy infusion which seems like a problem when enelement starts getting stripped. Also, the only other magic holy AASBs I have are Dr. Mog (no en-holy) and Pecil (which probably doesn't have the stats to deal with 6* defenses even with empowered infusion). Even pairing one or both of those with Rem and Edward's chain this doesn't feel like enough damage. Maybe if I can take down Alexander first and bring him in.

• Options
    edited July 2020
    ArcTangent wrote: »

...And a 25 second 100% crit buff.

Oh right. I kind of actually forgot about that; I usually use Tyro’s Crit-boosting USB in my physical parties these days, so Cloud and Sephiroth tend to not get much out of their own Crit-rate effects.

Anyway, yeah, I’d give him Darkness Swing and Lifesiphon. If the enemy still lives after his Awakening expires, he should have tons of meter left to spam his OSB.

Enlong on
  • Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    So I've been searching up potential Valefor clears, and even fairly stacked teams seem to be in the 45 - 65 second range for clears.

Is the Wind Magicite terrible per usual?

• Options
    So I've been searching up potential Valefor clears, and even fairly stacked teams seem to be in the 45 - 65 second range for clears.

Is the Wind Magicite terrible per usual?

It's annoying, but not as hard as Ifrit.

There's just a part at the start of phase 2 where Valefor just kinda.... Goes away. And you have to kill other stuff to bring him back, and if you don't kill enough then it's an instant death, effectively.

I did it with just two AASB and a bunch of empowered infusion, but one of those AASB had to get burnt to kill the tornadoes with Squall's AoE HA.

• Options
    Valefor has this momentum-killing phase where he flies away and you have to kill a bunch of tornadoes, or wait, for him to return. At which point he uses his ultimate move, which is more powerful the fewer tornadoes you killed (at 0, it’s an Eject).

• Options
    6* tiers for me so far:

Titan
    Alexander

Shiva

Leviathan

Valefor

Ifrit
    Ramuh

• Options
    Large tornadoes have 300k HP each. You have to kill the first wave of two, and at least one in the second wave, or you lose.

That kinda kills all the momentum

• Options
    Hmmm. For me it was (hardest to easiest first clear)

Titan
    Ramuh
    Ifrit
    Leviathan
    Valefor
    Shiva
    Alexander

• Options
    DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    Ticket: Garnet LMR (quickcast), Luneth LMR (en-wind), Ceodore USB1. That's a pretty good haul considering the price, and none were dupes.

• Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    edited July 2020
    Summer Appreciation draws x5:
    1st: Golbez USB2. Not nothing.
    2nd: Balthier USB1, Red 13 USB1, Selphie USB3 (Regenga), Rose AASB! Sweet!
    3rd: Tidus USB1. Never got this, still functional I suppose.
    4th: Dorgann AASB dupe. Blargh.
    5th: Tyro Glint (Esuna), Vanille G+1 (medica, party QC), Terra AASB! Sweet!

LotRoP all at once:
    Type-0: Ace USB1 dupe.
    FFT: Agrias USB2 dupe
    15: Lunafreya SASB! Hot damn!
    14: Alphinaud USB1
    13: Serah BSB2 dupe
    12: Larsa LMR (Astra)
    11: Zeid G+
    10: Kimahri LMR (+Spear)
    9: Vivi AASB dupe
    8: Fujin BSB dupe
    7: Cloud USB1 dupe
    6: Relm USB3? (H55, Regenga, Blink, QC2)
    5: Galuf LMR dupe
    4: Golbez USB1 dupe
    3: Ingus Glint dupe
    2: Guy USB dupe
    1: Garland USB1

Lots of dupes, but two AASBS and a Sync early on girded my spirit to ward off disappointment.

Leaning saving for TG Cid Sync. Banner 3 is tempting though.

Either way probably throwing 100 at the select an AASB, but not at the get a random Sync banner.

silence1186 on
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    Trade you everything I pulled from those draws for just your dupes.

E:
    I feel like TGCid is a pretty weak banner to be honest. His sync is technically an ATB one, but is much more finicky to use, and the rest of the banner is kind of terrible.

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    Screw it, I got back to 50 mythril and I'm not going for Banner 5 because I've got six dupes, despite really wanting Noctis SASB.

Banner 3: 1/11, Sephiroth SASB.

What the hell is this kinda luck. Three pulls of 1/11 each, three different SASBs.

• Options
    LeeksLeeks Registered User regular
    Used a ticket on lightning pull and got Kain sync. Not the lightning sync I was hoping for, but I'm not complaining.

• Options
    rattletraprattletrap Registered User regular
    Leeks wrote: »
    Used a ticket on lightning pull and got Kain sync. Not the lightning sync I was hoping for, but I'm not complaining.

Keep in mind Dragoons are really good for Leviathan as they can jump one of his early single-slot attacks.

• Options
    Daily hit: kuja glint, which I think is a dupe

• Options
    Does anyone know how long it usually takes for the elemental/realm draws to incorporate new fest relics?

• Options
    Darklyre wrote: »
    Does anyone know how long it usually takes for the elemental/realm draws to incorporate new fest relics?

No one does. We haven't exactly followed JPs cadence when it comes to those banner updates. It could be 3 months at the earliest for the next update.,

• Options
    Darklyre wrote: »

They don't really do that. They're static until the next refresh that resets all of them, at which point they'll (probably) be more or less up to date with everything released at that point.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    this week's MAgicite target is Ark, by the way.

A good week to make use of Hope or Rydia stuff, if you've got it.

• Options
    Was tempted, so threw 50 at banner 3.

Bartz G+. Okay I guess, 1/11 ain't great. Let's try again.

Bartz G+ dupe. FFS. I suppose that's normal for gacha, but it still hurts. Nothing like relic draws to crush my spirit and make me question everything about life.

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    That was one of my top wants on the banner. Instant gauge on guy who wants to run AASB and two usbs and bsb at the same time seems very strong.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    UrQuanLord88UrQuanLord88 Registered User regular
    3/11 - dupe iris Glint x2, Zack USB
    stupid gacha

http://steamcommunity.com/id/urquanlord88
    urquanlord88.png
    Streaming 8PST on weeknights
  • Options
    1/11 but it's lightning sync, so...success!

....I wonder if Ashe is enough for magic Leviathan with Lightning backing her up for chain building.

• Options
    LeeksLeeks Registered User regular
    2/11
    Aphmau USB
    Lightning sync

2 lightning syncs in one day.

So I should probably take a shot at lightning Odin.

• Options
    Finally beat the hardest MP Nemesis battle as a Solo Fight. Took my stupid ass over an hour of attempts. Elarra can't really Dispel the boss, Full Break, AND re-haste after Dispel effectively, since the boss likes to do all these things at once.

• Options
    Jragghen wrote: »

....I wonder if Ashe is enough for magic Leviathan with Lightning backing her up for chain building.

What has Ashe got?

I have Ashe’s Sync and OSB, but I needed Shantotto’s Awakening, and the Unique Soul Break buff (for Desch) before it was enough for me to beat Leviathan. In my experience anyway.

• Options
    Reminder: find some time to chew through your festival tickets. It takes a while, even with the new Auto Run feature.

(You still have several days to do it, but I know some folks ran out of time last time)

• Options
    Jragghen wrote: »

What has Ashe got?

I have Ashe’s Sync and OSB, but I needed Shantotto’s Awakening, and the Unique Soul Break buff (for Desch) before it was enough for me to beat Leviathan. In my experience anyway.

Just awakening.

I also don't have a magic chain. It's a pipe dream :p