As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FFRK] Battle on the Big Bridge # 424 (the one where Enkidu is a dog)

• Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    edited July 2020
    Jragghen wrote: »
    Enlong wrote: »
    I’m torn on hero abilities.

On the one hand, there’s Squall. I already beat Valefor once without it, but I’m having a hell of a time repeating the feat. Having that AOE strike would help a lot vs the add phase, and with Awakening, might even help take out some of the tornados in phase 3 to lower the incoming damage.

On the other hand, there are characters with a Holy attack, since Diabolos is on his way later. Holy element is notoriously low on actual 6-star moves to use, especially on the physical side. What if I find myself wanting to swap in Pecil, and needing his ability for meter and power? Or maybe I end up with something good enough for Beatrix, and want her on-command Overstrike attack?

So it’s like, definite frustration drop now, or possible frustration drop later. But I’m not even sure if I would need that a move for Diabolos.

Squall's UA is the only one I've picked up so far, but it was worth it for Valefor. I ended up having his awakening cast be what drops Valefor below 70%, then just go nuts with his awakening and the UA. 19999 per hit on tornadoes, and if he triplecasts it kills the large ones in a single turn. Most of the time I finish that section with every tornado dead, or at most one left. I do have another character with an awakening to carry me through phase 3, though.

I have plenty of resources to do the damage needed (sync and Awakening on Squall, awakening on Noel), so that’s no issue.

Yeah, I think I’ll take his ability in a little bit. It would be nice to blitz past those tornados without having to rely on dualcast luck. And it would be VERY nice to have a few extra turns of Sync time to hit Valefor with.

Enlong on
  • Options
    UrQuanLord88UrQuanLord88 Registered User regular
    edited July 2020
    rolled 4 times
    1/11 - Squall Glint+
    2/ 11 - Bartz SASB x2,
    1/11 - Squall Glint+
    3/11 - Bartz Glint+, Rem Glint+ , Lena Awakening
    game is such a troll, teasing me with so many discos but only granting me one SASB. Oh well, one hit is still a hit. (Lena is still a pretty bad healer =\)

UrQuanLord88 on
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/urquanlord88
    urquanlord88.png
    Streaming 8PST on weeknights
  • Options
    But that Awakening makes her a pretty great Dancer. Pair her with Elarra, and Elarra should be able to spam Summons or bard stuff longer then usual before needing to spend any meter on her USB.

• Options
    UrQuanLord88UrQuanLord88 Registered User regular
    ehh i don't see it
    especially when i have lovely penelo, who can heal/laststand/regenga/overheal+2k AND reduce damage
    vs
    Lena's Protshellga/Regenga/overheal+3k
    I guess i was expecting a solo healer for FFV ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

http://steamcommunity.com/id/urquanlord88
    urquanlord88.png
    Streaming 8PST on weeknights
  • Options
    lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    edited July 2020
    ehh i don't see it
    especially when i have lovely penelo, who can heal/laststand/regenga/overheal+2k AND reduce damage
    vs

I dunno about you but Lena seems fine in this clear:

https://youtu.be/oUJjZyktCxk

Shit maybe I should pull B3.

lionheart_m on
    3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    rattletraprattletrap Registered User regular
    2 pulls
    1/11 - Seph glint+ (very useful)
    3/11 - Seph glint+ (now a dupe), Lenna BUSB (makes her sort of useful) and Rem Sync!

Grand prize get!

Also pulled Tornado Barbie AASB on the ticket pull so a good day overall.

• Options
    ok fuck it, you only live once.

4/11 Bartz G+, Yuna Holy Chain!, Lightning G+ and AASB2!!! Wow!

one more spin

LOL dupe Bartz GSB.

Ok I'm fine with those pulls no worries.

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    WyvernWyvern Registered User regular
    Okay, time to take stock of my fest situation...

Parade: Rem AASB, Cor USB, Jecht AASB, Krile realm CSB

AASB lucky: Cid VII AASB, Sephiroth fire AASB, dupe Lion AASB

Free 10-draw: Irvine realm CSB and a whole lot of dupes

4x ticket draws: Vincent AASB, Cloud of Darkness CSB, Locke imperil Glint+

2x Fest 3: Rem Glint+ x2, Lightning AASB, Bartz Sync x2, Sephiroth Sync

Seems like pretty good luck overall. Two realm chains in decently strong realms, a gen 2 dark chain finally (although physical would have been better), a bunch of AASBs, and two of the three syncs I could have gotten (missed the best one, but that's still really good for only two pulls). Element distribution was maybe not the best (I was already pretty heavy on fire and dark awakenings), but I got some Holy in there too and that's my worst element by far, so I can't complain.

I still have over 200 mythril with a ton more on the table, but I don't think there's anything else worth pulling on.

Switch: SW-2431-2728-9604 || 3DS: 0817-4948-1650
  • Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Rem noctis and lightning syncs if you don’t have them yet.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    I had to try it out in the Soul Break battle but....Lightning's USB1 into AASB1 into AASB2 into SASB is sick. I wish I had a true Gen 2 Lightning Chain to really increase those numbers but woooow. With that GSB she definitely displaces Celes from my Holy team. I'd rather grab Beatrix's USB to pair up with her AASB but I think I won't even need to do that.

• Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    So what's the strategy for Nemesis?

• Options
    ehh i don't see it
    vs

Penelo heals and gives Raise, Last Stand, and Regenga. And the chase reduces damage.

Lenna gives Protect/Shell/Haste, Regenga, and 2 turns of faster actions for the team. And the chase heals and grants stocked HP.

They're two very different beasts. Penelo's is clearly built as a healer Awakening that you use midway through the fight (despite not chasing on White Magic), whereas Lenna's second Awakening is meant for initial party setup; it even doesn't heal when you first cast it. It's definitely built to be used as a support tool; I see it as replacing an initial use of Elarra's Glint+ and USB at the start of a fight, granting all the initial party buffs and giving them speed. If you want to use Lenna as support (with this thing and her Moogle Boost USB), then it works fine. If you want direct healer tech, her first Awakening (healing, Last Stand, Shield, Haste, and a Medica chase for White Magic) is a lot better for that than this one.

Also, Lenna has an actually usable healer USB in the lens shop. It's weird in that it's got Barice and Barwater, but it's also got instant healing, Regenga, and 15 seconds of quickcast for Lenna.

I would totally try it if I had it myself. She wouldn't replace Elarra, but she'd be an interesting partner for her.

• Options
    PSA: soloing Nemesis means also lacking magicite boons, which means your healer's HP sucks if they don't have a record board.

Ugh.

• Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    Sigh. I am a garbage trashfire human being who can't remember anything.

WAS going to draw twice on the fat chocobo holy banner, but didn't set a reminder in my phone, and here I stand, hating myself with the fury of 1000 suns.

Goddamn me to hell forever.

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Just pretend you rolled 1/11 crap twice. Its pretty likely.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    There will always be more things to roll on, too.

• Options
    FryFry Registered User regular
    edited July 2020

In multiplayer, make sure your team setup has a healer, chain, and a couple DPS in the spots that won't get stopped in the front half of the fight. (Stops hit back characters of player 1 and 3, and front characters of player 2 and 4)

The slots that get stopped will be charged up to full meter, so give them damage RMs (unless they're a healer, in which case you should have them drop regenga or something before they get stopped, to help the other healer

If you want to be clever, you can overwrite it with your own Stop, so it will wear off and you can get that character back to work

Be sure to save some Awakening or Sync for the last phase, as Nemesis only takes damage from attacks over the damage limit

Fry on
  • Options
    Fry wrote: »

In multiplayer, make sure your team setup has a healer, chain, and a couple DPS in the spots that won't get stopped in the front half of the fight. (Stops hit back characters of player 1 and 3, and front characters of player 2 and 4)

The slots that get stopped will be charged up to full meter, so give them damage RMs (unless they're a healer, in which case you should have them drop regenga or something before they get stopped, to help the other healer

If you want to be clever, you can overwrite it with your own Stop, so it will wear off and you can get that character back to work

Be sure to save some Awakening or Sync for the last phase, as Nemesis only takes damage from attacks over the damage limit

Was trying solo, but it's a bit much.

Dispel is mandatory.

Multiple imperilers isn't a bad idea.

Not sure if breaks work but probably not a bad idea.

Critfix is needed for that last part.

• Options
    ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular
    A full break is highly recommended to turn off its buff.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
  • Options
    Just got an autobattle sub-30 torment team for FF4.

What's bothering me is I can't remember which ones I've already done. Whoops :V

• Options

I have my torment teams saved in slots 41-57.

For all of my magicite (and now torment) teams, when I get them to an auto-able state, I edit the team name to include A (for auto) and an abbreviation for which RW it uses

• Options
    Fry wrote: »

I have my torment teams saved in slots 41-57.

For all of my magicite (and now torment) teams, when I get them to an auto-able state, I edit the team name to include A (for auto) and an abbreviation for which RW it uses

That is a very good idea.

I've got my torment teams saved, I've just been overwriting them as I make autobattle ones.

• Options
    Scraped up 50 mythril for this third banner. The result was definitely better than my last one.

Rem’s Glint+, Yuna’s instant Holy chain.

Rem’s is weird, such that I can only assume it’s based on story stuff. It’s the Knight-Style Glint that gives the party Last Stand and her and instant turn. Not bad to have.

Yuna’s Chain is also a little odd, because she’s not support like some other chain users. Right now, her best Holy team tech is to use De’Diaja and her old Enholy Unique. Still, always nice to have a buff to my Holy Magic team. Not yet sure if I should go physical or magical af this point. Probably physical.

Why is Yuna not a Bard or Dancer, anyway?

• Options
    DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    Yuna definitely needs Bard 5 and her Songstress dressphere.

• Options
    Heck, I have her Songstress Rod as a relic. It’s her Enholy Unique. They should totally give her Bard, especially since it’d give her another Holy move to use.

• Options
    Yuna can also bring Rydia's space mom to a fight.

• Options
    Managed to get FF8 sub-20 like 3 different ways in auto, but couldn't swing sub-15.

However, more importantly, digging around reminded me that I have a gen2 ice chain for edea. Heh.

Might have to give magic valefor a swing at some point, but outside Rinoa I don't have much DPS.

• Options
    Man I wonder how you work around stuff like Gall or Ague with your Auto Teams.

Well here's a new Ark Clear now that I have Yuna's Chain and a bunch of LOTROP tech

Yuna / Madeen / CSB + USB1 (?) Song for Spira (this was for Last Stand but I don't think it's needed)
    Arc / De'Diaja + Holy / AASB + LM2
    Rem / Holyja / AASB + LM2
    Elarra / Allegro / USB1 + G+
    Dr. Mog / Lunar Dragon / AASB LMR Dual Cast Summon.

Dr. Mog would be even better if I had his G+. That way I could ditch RW:Wall for something else. Anyways, this team melts Ark fast in 15 secs. Yes yes, I could swap Dr. Mog for Rydia's AASB but his LMR procs + no cast is quite tasty!

• Options

When there's a fight with dispel or slow, I try to lean on Elarra AASB for healing, just have her spam Hastega and let chases do the work

• Options
    Managed to get FF8 sub-20 like 3 different ways in auto, but couldn't swing sub-15.

However, more importantly, digging around reminded me that I have a gen2 ice chain for edea. Heh.

Might have to give magic valefor a swing at some point, but outside Rinoa I don't have much DPS.

I remember when my ice magic team was one of my strongest. Now it's like... Serah CSB and... a big ol' empty space.

Which is still marginally better than my fire magic team, which is Krile CSB and a big ol' empty space.

You spam haste.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Gcnx9aipBg

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    Starting to wonder if I might try Magic against Diabolos instead.

On the one hand, I have my pick of 3 different Knight awakenings, and my second Holy Magic Awakening (that I can use on Diabolos, thanks for nothing, Rydia’s mom) is Pecil’s, which is awkward to use since all the other stuff I have for him is physical. Meaning I’d most likely lean on Hope instead.

On the other hand... Allegro Con Moto. Magic teams have a really nice advantage with that.

• Options

On the one hand, I have my pick of 3 different Knight awakenings, and my second Holy Magic Awakening (that I can use on Diabolos, thanks for nothing, Rydia’s mom) is Pecil’s, which is awkward to use since all the other stuff I have for him is physical. Meaning I’d most likely lean on Hope instead.

On the other hand... Allegro Con Moto. Magic teams have a really nice advantage with that.

tbh, you could just have Pecil spam De'Diaja while Elarra does Allegro con Motto. And with the record boards and gear he isn't that bad.

• Options
    If anything after seeing how I melted Ark the only thing I'm worried about is the EnEle (which isn't that big of an issue post nerf due to Summons) but:

-I can EnEle Arc with his USB.
    -Yuna has her Unique and I have her LMR EnHoly
    -Rem has her USB or her BSB to EnEle

And all of these guys have Dual Cast LMs unlike their knight counterparts.

• Options

tbh, you could just have Pecil spam De'Diaja while Elarra does Allegro con Motto. And with the record boards and gear he isn't that bad.

Hmm.

Thing is, Yuna’s probably better at De’Diaja spam, with her dualcast White LM. For Pecil, I’d probably give him Lifesiphon, and either Holy or Paladin Force (the ability).

Alternatively, Yuna could be the one to carry Holy and leave Pecil with De’Diaja, just for easier cap breaks during Awakening. Really something that I’d need to experiment with.

• Options
    Third option: I use both Pecil and Hope, and replace Tyro with Pecil’s Paladin Wall USB.

That one’s a silly option that probably won’t work (it means neither Entrust support or Lunar Dragon for Elarra), but it would be funny if it worked.

• Options
    Anyone On this one?

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    38thDoe wrote: »
    Anyone On this one?

It's pretty decent if you're looking for magic ice, and Serah's got the same ATB trick as Lightning.

It's just... next banner has multiple ATB tricks on better characters.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    WyvernWyvern Registered User regular
    On a whim I spent a couple of my stockpiled tickets on VIII to see if I could improve my fortunes with my new realm chain. First pull: Rinoa earth Glint+ and Raiden AASB. Second pull: dupe Irvine chain, Raiden LMR1, Rinoa earth sync.

So that decision paid off I guess.

I'm still new to syncs, so let me run this by you: I have Rinoa's doublecast black magic LMR. Her unique ability is an earth/ice Witch-type spell. I put that in slot 1 and Chain Stoneja in slot 2. I build meter with Chain Stoneja, cast the sync, and then use command 1. Command 1 can proc the the LMR and LM2, because it's considered black magic, and then links directly to the witch spell (without dealing with the slow cast time), and the fact that I have no doublecast for witch spells doesn't matter because triggered abilities can't proc doublecast anyway. That's how that all works, right?

Switch: SW-2431-2728-9604 || 3DS: 0817-4948-1650
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    Wyvern: yep, that's how that works. You can also try just putting Chain Stoneja in slot 1, see if that's good enough, potentially save and not buy the hero ability

Banner 4: I already have the Rinoa stuff, so too many dupes for my blood

Fry on