As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Animal Crossing] Stalnks

• Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    edited March 2020
    Holy shit, first island tonight is tarantula-land.

Edit: i threw everything in my inventory away except the Net and a gold nugget I found. My hoarding from last night pays off big time, came home with 28 tarantulas, which sold for 224,000 bells, and then just remade all my tools.

sarukun on
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    god it's gonna be TWO DAYS until the resident services center is done

I just want more bridges

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    I have discovered that the only time I get mad about sea bass is when it’s raining at night.

Edit: worth it, Coelacanth get.

sarukun on
  • Options
    TayaTaya Registered User regular
    A couple of my twitter friends found garbage island, a place where you can fish up a ton of garbage.

There's some interesting garbage-related DIY things you can make, so it's not as bad as you might think.

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    I have a cool pair of boots made from garbage

Also Wisp gave me the default wallpaper I already have so I definitely hate him

• Options
    Gonna stop asking for expensive things and ask for stuff I don’t have.

• Options
    edited March 2020
    sarukun wrote: »
    jalok wrote: »
    For those who've found their way to the tarantula island, did you go during usual spider hours, or was it any time of day? My understanding was they came out at night usually.

I found it at night and have been saving my Tour tickets specifically for that.

Also, 2 things.

1: there is a secret cove in the backside of my island that is accessible only via ladder and the 2nd level (which apparently extends all the whole length of the island). It’s a tiny little beach area. Super cool! Check your islands for hidden coves along the backside of your island!

2: I have a DIY plan for steamer baskets but I learned it already. If anybody wants bamboo steamers for their kitchen, lemme know and we’ll work it out.

I don’t usually worry about BotP but I wanna make sure that everybody finds their own secret pirates cove and also that I give this Bamboo Steamer recipe to a good home.

Edit: I now have another DIY that needs a good home, this time a shell bed.

I also just found 2 gold nuggets in the same island. Today has been an outrageously lucky day for me.

sarukun on
  • Options
    FlarneFlarne Registered User regular
    jalok wrote: »
    For those who've found their way to the tarantula island, did you go during usual spider hours, or was it any time of day? My understanding was they came out at night usually.

I found it at night and have been saving my Tour tickets specifically for that.

Also, 2 things.

1: there is a secret cove in the backside of my island that is accessible only via ladder and the 2nd level (which apparently extends all the whole length of the island). It’s a tiny little beach area. Super cool! Check your islands for hidden coves along the backside of your island!

2: I have a DIY plan for steamer baskets but I learned it already. If anybody wants bamboo steamers for their kitchen, lemme know and we’ll work it out.

I don’t usually worry about BotP but I wanna make sure that everybody finds their own secret pirates cove and also that I give this Bamboo Steamer recipe to a good home.

I also have a secret beach. Have looked for it on other isles but haven’t seen it. Might just be a specific layout.

It’s cool though, I set up my camp there and my house is just a weird art gallery.

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    it feels weird that there are two different turnip prices each day, one available for 10 hours, and one only available for 4

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    that's capitalism baby

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    I ALSO have a secret beach, it rules

• Options
    H0b0manH0b0man Registered User regular
    I can't wait till I can relocate my house. I'm claiming that entire top cliff level along the back for my own, and ya looks like I have a small secret beach too. Gonna move my house near the river starting point up there and look down upon my island kingdom. The animal villagers can all stay at the lowest level where they belong.

FFXIV: Agran Trask
  • Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    Magic Pink wrote: »
    I found Tarantula Island.

It is exactly as upsetting as I thought it would be except times 20.

It is so so gross to have tarantulas everywhere and every so often to get mobbed by the terrifying things.

But I caught all I could carry and went home just in time to miss my store closing. So now I have to go to bed with 15+ tarantulas all squirming in my pockets. :cry:

pockets emptied. 146,000 bells.

never again

• Options
    I have yet to catch a tarantula, motherfuckers keep kicking my ass

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Yeah I went to Tarantula Island yesterday and quickly left

• Options
    SilverWindSilverWind Registered User regular
    Celebrating my first few hybrids today-- pink cosmos, purple roses

I already had pink and blue windflowers from a remote island I found like.. on the second evening?

Garden garden garden

signature.png
    Switch: SW-7603-3284-4227
    My ACNH Wishlists | My ACNH Catalog
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    Grey Ghost wrote: »

I’ve found the best way is to walk up to them normal speed and swing your net when they hop.

It takes a couple tries to work out the distance on the net, but they barely move while they’re hopping, so you’ve got a second or two of a stationary target before they maul your face clean off your skull.

sarukun on
  • Options
    FlarneFlarne Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »

I’ve found the best way is to walk up to them normal speed and swing your net when they hop.

It takes a couple tries to work out the distance on the net, but they barely move while they’re hopping, so you’ve got a second or two of a stationary target before they maul your face clean off your skull.

You can also sneak up until they notice you and raise their legs, stand still until they calm down, repeat until you're close enough to capture. It's a bit slower but I've had much better luck with it than trying to time it right.

• Options
    For tarantulas you want to have your net ready so you're slow walking. Walk up to it until it rears up on its legs in a defense pose and then stop. After a second or two it will go back to normal which is when you get can get a bit closer before it goes back to defense pose. Keep doing that until you're in range.

It's basically a game of red light, green light. The only complication is if you are on Tarantula Island and multiple tarantulas are reacting to you then as soon as you swing the net to capture one all the rest will bum rush you and stomp you into the ground, but you'll at least have caught the one before getting knocked out. Thankfully it doesn't kick you off the mystery island and you can keep going back to fill up on tarantulas for those sweet sweet bells.

• Options
    My way’s faster and what a rush let’s ya know you’re alive.

• Options
    SilverWind wrote: »
    Celebrating my first few hybrids today-- pink cosmos, purple roses

I already had pink and blue windflowers from a remote island I found like.. on the second evening?

Garden garden garden

I wasn't planning to get into much gardening or really any outside designing until I unlocked the ability to move buildings and had pretty much all my buildings and paths set, but then I found out that there are bugs that only land on hybrid flowers.

So now I guess I have some flowers near my store that I'm trying to make hybrids of.

• Options
    Kristmas KthulhuKristmas Kthulhu Currently Kultist Kthulhu Registered User regular
    Looks like you can wish on more than 3 shooting stars. I'm up to 10 Star Fragments and 1 Aries Fragment.

Nabbed some pics

• Options
    Kristmas KthulhuKristmas Kthulhu Currently Kultist Kthulhu Registered User regular
    And I missed a *lot* of stars

• Options
    Due to Houk I wished on a bunch last evening too! I picked up something like 10+ small ones, 2 large ones, and an Aries one (!) - which implies there's a line of Zodiac furniture. Wonder if it'll continue to do Aries for March?

Oh, one trick I've gotten into the habit of doing is always carrying a workbench with me. So if a tool breaks I can whip it out and make it right then and there :D

signature.png
  • Options
    Vann DirasVann Diras Registered User regular
    Aw wait you’re supposed to pick something up? I wished on like 5 stars last night and they got all bright but I didn’t know it dropped a thing

• Options
    You should have star fragments washing on your shores today (even if you were at a friend's) - they wash up in batches so I'd check more than once.

signature.png
  • Options
    Is there an announcement about the shooting stars?

• Options
    Vann DirasVann Diras Registered User regular
    I had Celeste visit my island, she told me to look for them

• Options
    If you hear an unfamiliar twinkle at night, look up.

I hadn't thought of just carrying a DIY bench, I instead set one up on my eastern beach so I wouldn't have to go back to my house every time something broke.

• Options
    BurgerSomethingBurgerSomething Registered User regular
    Hi AC thread, it seems that I have some time to collect fruits and fish and bugs and such. I added myself to the list, let's be pals!

I have a secret passage behind my second level but not sure if there's a secret beach but that sounds amazing.

I...have some cherries. Have a cherry?

• Options
    JansonJanson Registered User regular
    edited March 2020
    I spy a couple of orange cosmos, but that’s it for my hybrids so far. I very much admired the blue pansies @sarukun found on an island and brought home.

I spent some time cleaning up Anya’s island last night. Ugh her island is so typical of her personality and it upsets every particular bone in my body. The first thing she did was create an art gallery of rainbows, which is great! But then she didn’t touch her weeds, and... she’s burying crap all over her island like the little packrat I know her to be. I found blue jeans in one hole and this morning she told me proudly that she had buried a shirt behind her house.

Me: You do know you have storage in your house, right?
    Anya: Oh yeah! But I want to bury everything!

Aaaaaargh

Janson on
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    (pushes glasses up nose) if you're on tarantula island, only one tarantula can be triggered to be in Attack at a time in the game, so if you can surround a tarantula with holes and then get it to enter attack mode you can safely catch the rest of them

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    My turnip prices are at 147 right now. Surprised there still hasn't been anything higher

signature.png
  • Options
    Saharah is visiting my island today so gonna open it up for a while. It's my first time doing this so we'll see how it goes. Does anybody know if the island will stay open if my system is put to sleep mode? Dodo code is 8T3YM.

A couple notes about Saharah this time around from what I can tell.

You can buy a few things from her. Rugs (in 3 sizes: small, medium, large) and mystery wallpaper/floors. The rugs cost 1000 for small, 1500 for medium and 2000 for large and she only sells one of each type. You also get Sahara tickets for each rug you purchase (1 for small, 2 for medium, 3 for large). You can trade 5 tickets for either a mystery wallpaper or flooring. You can also straight up buy a mystery wallpaper or flooring for 3k.

You can only buy one mystery wallpaper and one mystery flooring each time she visits as well as trade tickets for one of each (you'll need to buy some duplicate rugs to get to 10 tickets to get one of each).

All in all you can get 3 different rugs, 2 mystery wallpapers, and 2 mystery floors each time she visits.

• Options
    JansonJanson Registered User regular
    I believe my turnip price this morning is 196

I had to go to work but if Mori can always open my town up for people

• Options
    Mine are selling for 158, but I'm gonna hold out for something higher.

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Mine have been in the low fifties all week.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    Janson wrote: »
    I believe my turnip price this morning is 196

I had to go to work but if Mori can always open my town up for people

actually for real @Moriveth if you could do this and let me the Dodo Code I will be very grateful

• Options
    Ooh, I'll be coming over H0b0man!

Also I just confirmed you can dig up money tree saplings without ill effect. Gonna move those together so I don't chop one down accidentally

signature.png
  • Options
    DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular
    i also have saharah today but i only bought a mystery wallpaper and left so I will have to go back and buy the rest

7yh4xczljsym.png
This discussion has been closed.