[Battletech] Clan Invasion Kickstarter Pledge Manager closed frfr Links to renders post #2

1131416181938

Posts

  • NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    GONG-00 wrote: »
    Nobody wrote: »
    New Tex Talks tonight: the Mackie

    An entertaining story about the canon superiority of mechs being predicated on the accepted "rules" of warfare and the Mackie, being the amalgamation of tech from runaway R&D budgets. becoming the new hotness that everyone wanted to copy.

    And, as always, the shorts at the end are perfect.

  • AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    Yeah print speeds, nozzle travel speed and temp are all things you generally need to dial in with trial and error. You can easily find some .stl files designed for this purpose. If I was home I’d link the one I use.

    And, as mentioned, filament matters. When I first started 3D printing I was getting mad stringing issues. I spent days and days trying to dial in my speeds and temp and nothing worked. I started to think it my printer was fucked. On a whim I bought a different brand of filament and on the default settings it printed so damn fine. Hatchbox PLA is what I use now.

    When you switch filament brands you’ll likely have to dial in the speed and temp setting again, though it shouldn’t be too far off.

    A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
  • HydroSqueegeeHydroSqueegee ULTRACAT!!!™®© Registered User regular
    Hatchbox PLA is what I have now in Grey. And it's what I had for my white roll too. The white was a little rough in places, but the grey I'm using now can get really sloppy. Guess I'll just have to fart around with it.

    zW0NKxe.png
  • BetsuniBetsuni Insert Disk 4 and Press Any Key to Continue Registered User regular
    I was going to try Hatchbox since everybody and their cousin raves about it, but bought some Polymaker PolyMax since someone referenced it in a Transformer thread where he uses that at 0.01 and has little to no sanding required. Printed a quick piece and man did it look really awesome. Still dialing it in.

    @Axen I'd appreciate it if you could post the link to the file you use for dialing in the numbers. I think we have one, but usually just test it on some random piece lately.

    oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    edited September 2020
    Betsuni wrote: »
    I was going to try Hatchbox since everybody and their cousin raves about it, but bought some Polymaker PolyMax since someone referenced it in a Transformer thread where he uses that at 0.01 and has little to no sanding required. Printed a quick piece and man did it look really awesome. Still dialing it in.

    @Axen I'd appreciate it if you could post the link to the file you use for dialing in the numbers. I think we have one, but usually just test it on some random piece lately.

    @Betsuni

    This is the one I use. As the creator says, it was made to be quick to print and use as little material as needed.

    There are a bunch test prints out there, many are very elaborate. However, in my experience they are mostly a waste of time and filament.

    If the test print I linked prints fine then you are likely set for most things.

    Axen on
    A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
    BetsuniIoloGnome-Interruptus
  • BetsuniBetsuni Insert Disk 4 and Press Any Key to Continue Registered User regular
    Axen wrote: »
    Betsuni wrote: »
    I was going to try Hatchbox since everybody and their cousin raves about it, but bought some Polymaker PolyMax since someone referenced it in a Transformer thread where he uses that at 0.01 and has little to no sanding required. Printed a quick piece and man did it look really awesome. Still dialing it in.

    Axen I'd appreciate it if you could post the link to the file you use for dialing in the numbers. I think we have one, but usually just test it on some random piece lately.

    Betsuni

    This is the one I use. As the creator says, it was made to be quick to print and use as little material as needed.

    There are a bunch test prints out there, many are very elaborate. However, in my experience they are mostly a waste of time and filament.

    If the test print I linked prints fine then you are likely set for most things.

    Awesome, thanks! This is much faster than the one we were using.

    oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • HydroSqueegeeHydroSqueegee ULTRACAT!!!™®© Registered User regular
    Decided to stick with smaller buildings, and i really like rectangles. So heres my latest hack job from the SWS assets.

    S776BM7.jpg


    the city is coming together

    axif9zG.jpg

    zW0NKxe.png
    IanatorNobodyBetsuniIoloToxGONG-00H3KnucklesRiemannLivesAxenNipsGnome-InterruptusironsizideElvenshaeHeffling
  • ToxTox I kill threads Punch DimensionRegistered User regular
    Okay I kinda like this Blackjack
    9ecbeu7for4o.jpg

    BattleTech KS Thread! | Mech Trade List | Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
    IoloBetsuniHydroSqueegeeGnome-InterruptusTynnanH3KnucklesIanatorElvenshaeSneaks
  • IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    Lil Chonk!

    Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
    ToxTynnanNips
  • NipsNips Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular
    It's a chonker, all right.

    JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
  • NoughtNought Registered User regular
    I hope I can get a bit of help from some of you so I don't end up making a canon that is too edgelord. :)

    I missed the first deadline because I was in the middle of moving, and then had to scamble to finish up, so as not to have two half furnished places if there was a lock down.

    The basic idea.

    Clan Diamond Shark. Former mechwarrior turned merchant.
    Plying the trade routes in the northwest of the sphere. Gone a bit native.

    Mech used as a warrior is the prime variant of the Mad Dog. The little bit I played MWO I like to act like a mobile turret, and then go into the fray when I ran out of missiles.
    I'm so basic that I really like the Timberwolf, but found the Mad Dogs speed more to my liking.

    I feel as a merchant he would on occation use a fast medium / beefy light mech for convoy escort in less friendly locations.
    But I am a bit blank on what would fit.

    I've had some affinity to the Jenner ever since I kept failing the Shoot the damn VTOLs escort mission in mechwarrior 2.
    I like the speed, the jump jets and the firepower. And I would think spares for it would be possible to come by in the Sphere if the Clan supplies get a bit thin. But I'm not sure it's the best for protection instead of raiding.

    Looking on Sarna I found some other potential candidates.

    Adder
    Says it's a light that is build to mimic IS mediums so the clans had something to practice against.
    I like the look of the mech, but I feel all the variants weapons mixes are a bit too exotic for a backwaters merchant to pilot.

    Horned Owl
    It's an old, second line mech, so I'm thinking a Diamond Shark merchant would have acces to it.
    The pulse lasers might again be a bit too exotic.

    Stormcrow
    I like the look, I like the weapons mix. But maybe a 55t mech is a bit much for a non-warrior?

    I have a few other questions, but I'll wait and see if think I'm already overthinking things. :)

    On fire
    .
    Island. Being on fire.
    Fuselage
  • NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    I’d suggest the Shadow Cat. It’s speedy (uses MASC and Jump Jets ) and has a variety of missile and non missile load outs. While it’s a Nova Cat mech first and foremost, Diamond Shark did get a hold of a few.

  • BetsuniBetsuni Insert Disk 4 and Press Any Key to Continue Registered User regular
    edited September 2020
    As a Comico fan that is awesome, but as a Battletech fan this is the worst news ever!!! More money towards HG to keep their stranglehold on the Macross mechs and license.

    I swear being a Macross/Battletech/Robotech fan is enjoying beating myself up every day.

    Betsuni on
    oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
    NipsH3KnucklesGONG-00SteelhawkHeffling
  • see317see317 Registered User regular
    Betsuni wrote: »
    As a Comico fan that is awesome, but as a Battletech fan this is the worst news ever!!! More money towards HG to keep their stranglehold on the Macross mechs and license.

    I swear being a Macross/Battletech/Robotech fan is enjoying beating myself up every day.

    You gotta pay extra for that kind of treatment in some places.

    Ringo wrote: »
    Well except what see317 said. That guy's always wrong.
    BetsuniH3Knuckles
  • H3KnucklesH3Knuckles Jack of all interests... ...master of noneRegistered User regular
    Nought wrote: »
    I hope I can get a bit of help from some of you so I don't end up making a canon that is too edgelord. :)

    I missed the first deadline because I was in the middle of moving, and then had to scamble to finish up, so as not to have two half furnished places if there was a lock down.

    The basic idea.

    Clan Diamond Shark. Former mechwarrior turned merchant.
    Plying the trade routes in the northwest of the sphere. Gone a bit native.

    Mech used as a warrior is the prime variant of the Mad Dog. The little bit I played MWO I like to act like a mobile turret, and then go into the fray when I ran out of missiles.
    I'm so basic that I really like the Timberwolf, but found the Mad Dogs speed more to my liking.

    I feel as a merchant he would on occation use a fast medium / beefy light mech for convoy escort in less friendly locations.
    But I am a bit blank on what would fit.

    I've had some affinity to the Jenner ever since I kept failing the Shoot the damn VTOLs escort mission in mechwarrior 2.
    I like the speed, the jump jets and the firepower. And I would think spares for it would be possible to come by in the Sphere if the Clan supplies get a bit thin. But I'm not sure it's the best for protection instead of raiding.

    Looking on Sarna I found some other potential candidates.

    Adder
    Says it's a light that is build to mimic IS mediums so the clans had something to practice against.
    I like the look of the mech, but I feel all the variants weapons mixes are a bit too exotic for a backwaters merchant to pilot.

    Horned Owl
    It's an old, second line mech, so I'm thinking a Diamond Shark merchant would have acces to it.
    The pulse lasers might again be a bit too exotic.

    Stormcrow
    I like the look, I like the weapons mix. But maybe a 55t mech is a bit much for a non-warrior?

    I have a few other questions, but I'll wait and see if think I'm already overthinking things. :)

    Sounds neat. I don't see anything edgy about it unless he's got a dark, mysterious past he broods over. I mean, his callsign isn't "Reaper" or "No Fear" or anything like that, right?

    I don't really have a recommendation for your mech choice, but I'm a little hazy on your non-warrior comment? A clan would not supply a non-warrior member with any mech, IIRC. Now, if he's still nominally a warrior, but not affiliated with a larger unit so he can pursue small business opportunities (and act as an ear to the ground for the Watch), I would say anything under 60 tons, that's not an omni, would be fair game. You also gotta remember that almost all the clan-tech equipment featured in designs from TRO's 3050 & 3055 is a few generations old, so it's really not exotic from their perspective. For example, while the clans improved theirs, pulse lasers are Star League tech.

    This is a minor nitpick, but while the Mad Dog can be modified to go faster due to being 10 tons lighter, the stock variants share the same top speed as the Timber Wolf. I can't speak to MWO/MW5 as speed is a gradient there and I don't know all the variants they've come up with off the top of my head, but for other versions of Battletech they're the same unless you customize the Mad Dog's engine.

    Speaking more generally, escort is sort of an interesting mission profile for mechs, because IMHO it's fairly open ended:
    • Mobility is a must, you want at least three jump jets in case you get pincer-ed or fall for a feint and need to quickly get to the far side of your client, and at least an above-average run speed. Specifics depend on what kind of environment you expect to be escorting in; more speed for open areas, more jumping for places like built-up urban locations.
    • You want strong armor for your size; both for general 'staying power' reasons, and because having the option to body-block LOS to your client is useful (especially in narrow spaces like cities)
    • ECM and/or AMS is obviously good to have; anything to force enemy attackers to engage more directly so you have a better chance to obstruct their attacks and fight back
    • weapons loadout is largely going to vary based on the environment (nice wide open lines of fire or narrow city streets, hot or cold climate), and expected duration of the run (staying power vs short-term impact)
    • whatever weapons loadout you do go with, you probably want at least some high mounted precision options like lasers in case you ever need to shoot at something on the far side of your client.
    Honestly, I feel like a strong medium or fast heavy is probably better-suited to the role, but Battletech tends to portray escort missions as something that gets assigned to light mechs and/or the kind of rear echelon outfits that can't afford bigger.

    If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
    Iolo
  • BetsuniBetsuni Insert Disk 4 and Press Any Key to Continue Registered User regular
    edited September 2020
    I have been thinking about this today off and on and I would think that if the Clans give their second ranks and others the IIc line would that be a good mech for the character to have? The other thing I could think of is that if they are indeed a retired warrior I would think they would be picking up a salvaged IS mech for the most part since parts would be easier to get than any Clan tech. But the way I see it in Battletech (video game), heck they'd have a perfectly good first line Clan mech to use. =P

    Betsuni on
    oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    H3Knuckles wrote: »
    Nought wrote: »
    I hope I can get a bit of help from some of you so I don't end up making a canon that is too edgelord. :)

    I missed the first deadline because I was in the middle of moving, and then had to scamble to finish up, so as not to have two half furnished places if there was a lock down.

    The basic idea.

    Clan Diamond Shark. Former mechwarrior turned merchant.
    Plying the trade routes in the northwest of the sphere. Gone a bit native.

    Mech used as a warrior is the prime variant of the Mad Dog. The little bit I played MWO I like to act like a mobile turret, and then go into the fray when I ran out of missiles.
    I'm so basic that I really like the Timberwolf, but found the Mad Dogs speed more to my liking.

    I feel as a merchant he would on occation use a fast medium / beefy light mech for convoy escort in less friendly locations.
    But I am a bit blank on what would fit.

    I've had some affinity to the Jenner ever since I kept failing the Shoot the damn VTOLs escort mission in mechwarrior 2.
    I like the speed, the jump jets and the firepower. And I would think spares for it would be possible to come by in the Sphere if the Clan supplies get a bit thin. But I'm not sure it's the best for protection instead of raiding.

    Looking on Sarna I found some other potential candidates.

    Adder
    Says it's a light that is build to mimic IS mediums so the clans had something to practice against.
    I like the look of the mech, but I feel all the variants weapons mixes are a bit too exotic for a backwaters merchant to pilot.

    Horned Owl
    It's an old, second line mech, so I'm thinking a Diamond Shark merchant would have acces to it.
    The pulse lasers might again be a bit too exotic.

    Stormcrow
    I like the look, I like the weapons mix. But maybe a 55t mech is a bit much for a non-warrior?

    I have a few other questions, but I'll wait and see if think I'm already overthinking things. :)

    Sounds neat. I don't see anything edgy about it unless he's got a dark, mysterious past he broods over. I mean, his callsign isn't "Reaper" or "No Fear" or anything like that, right?

    I don't really have a recommendation for your mech choice, but I'm a little hazy on your non-warrior comment? A clan would not supply a non-warrior member with any mech, IIRC. Now, if he's still nominally a warrior, but not affiliated with a larger unit so he can pursue small business opportunities (and act as an ear to the ground for the Watch), I would say anything under 60 tons, that's not an omni, would be fair game. You also gotta remember that almost all the clan-tech equipment featured in designs from TRO's 3050 & 3055 is a few generations old, so it's really not exotic from their perspective. For example, while the clans improved theirs, pulse lasers are Star League tech.

    This is a minor nitpick, but while the Mad Dog can be modified to go faster due to being 10 tons lighter, the stock variants share the same top speed as the Timber Wolf. I can't speak to MWO/MW5 as speed is a gradient there and I don't know all the variants they've come up with off the top of my head, but for other versions of Battletech they're the same unless you customize the Mad Dog's engine.

    Speaking more generally, escort is sort of an interesting mission profile for mechs, because IMHO it's fairly open ended:
    • Mobility is a must, you want at least three jump jets in case you get pincer-ed or fall for a feint and need to quickly get to the far side of your client, and at least an above-average run speed. Specifics depend on what kind of environment you expect to be escorting in; more speed for open areas, more jumping for places like built-up urban locations.
    • You want strong armor for your size; both for general 'staying power' reasons, and because having the option to body-block LOS to your client is useful (especially in narrow spaces like cities)
    • ECM and/or AMS is obviously good to have; anything to force enemy attackers to engage more directly so you have a better chance to obstruct their attacks and fight back
    • weapons loadout is largely going to vary based on the environment (nice wide open lines of fire or narrow city streets, hot or cold climate), and expected duration of the run (staying power vs short-term impact)
    • whatever weapons loadout you do go with, you probably want at least some high mounted precision options like lasers in case you ever need to shoot at something on the far side of your client.
    Honestly, I feel like a strong medium or fast heavy is probably better-suited to the role, but Battletech tends to portray escort missions as something that gets assigned to light mechs and/or the kind of rear echelon outfits that can't afford bigger.

    I think the Adder would be a good pick specifically because it was built to scavenge weapons off IS wrecks.

    What is this I don't even.
    H3KnucklesBetsuni
  • NipsNips Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular
    Man, the chonk is strong in the latest round of prototype previews. Minus the Orion, that for some reason looks wrong to me. Kinda thin-legged? Torso too wide? I can't tell what exactly.

    Chonk!
    389k0uP.png

    CHONK!
    ij3YC1x.png

    CHOOOONK!
    HS5UWb4.png

    JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
    BetsuniNobodyElvenshaeIoloH3KnucklesHefflingIanator
  • HydroSqueegeeHydroSqueegee ULTRACAT!!!™®© Registered User regular
    Nips wrote: »
    Man, the chonk is strong in the latest round of prototype previews. Minus the Orion, that for some reason looks wrong to me. Kinda thin-legged? Torso too wide? I can't tell what exactly.

    Chonk!
    389k0uP.png

    CHONK!
    ij3YC1x.png

    CHOOOONK!
    HS5UWb4.png

    And then there's the poor Orion.... :(

    https://imgur.com/a/bAXQmYi

    zW0NKxe.png
    Gnome-Interruptus
  • IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    Ooooh, got an email confirming my shipping address! One step closer to a bunch of glorious miniatures I'll never play with!

    Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
    NipsBetsuniHydroSqueegeeFuselageHefflingIanatorGnome-InterruptusToxH3KnucklesElvenshae
  • NipsNips Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular
    Yay! Me too!

    <Kermit Flailing Dot Gif>

    JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
    BetsuniFuselageGnome-InterruptusToxH3KnucklesTynnanElvenshae
  • ToxTox I kill threads Punch DimensionRegistered User regular
    Anybody got a really good image of the Wolverine from the box sets? Wanna do a side-by-side
    xc14gmt99jyb.jpg

    Also I'm not gonna upload them because the images are huge but those 360gifs are pretty nice. Especially compared to the stills, which for some reason to me all look like they sort of lack definition compare to previous models we've seen. Like these ones just all seem ... like, remember the first time you looked around and realized almost every car in this parking lot is one of those wind tunnel / ergonomic really swept looking designs? Like there just wasn't a single chunky/boxy car in your immediate sight? That's what this felt like. They all just feel so ... smooth. Which is honestly kinda like, I mean yeah those designs were like that in that way that kinda made your inner IS pilot extra mad at how sleek and shiny they were compared to your old walking box of bolts.

    So overall good job, but they feel very weird and jarring (although, again, the gifs look a lot better, and also the Wolverine IIC Conjurer Hellhound doesn't look that bad either

    BattleTech KS Thread! | Mech Trade List | Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • ToxTox I kill threads Punch DimensionRegistered User regular
    I'll also add that, while I do really like the Vapor Eagle, I think I like the MWO design better vs the model (though I also like the CCG sketch more than the model, as well).

    BattleTech KS Thread! | Mech Trade List | Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • ToxTox I kill threads Punch DimensionRegistered User regular
    edited October 2020
    IS Phoenix Hawk vs Clan Incubus (which, while not the IIC, is more of a spiritual successor, imo) I feel like comparing these two does a good job of showing what I meant two posts up
    tj3ftrbktpl8.jpgr6lbxnscmsat.jpg

    Tox on
    BattleTech KS Thread! | Mech Trade List | Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    Tox wrote: »
    Anybody got a really good image of the Wolverine from the box sets? Wanna do a side-by-side

    -snip-

    I got this one of mine from awhile back.

    qM05u4X.jpg

    If that helps ya.

    A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
    IoloBetsuniNipsH3KnucklesIanatorElvenshae
  • NipsNips Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular
    edited October 2020
    Because why not more?

    fOMQwNV.jpg

    Nips on
    JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
    FuselageAxenBetsuniIoloH3KnucklesDarkewolfeIanatorElvenshae
  • HydroSqueegeeHydroSqueegee ULTRACAT!!!™®© Registered User regular
    edited October 2020
    Man, that yellow is SHARP. Freakin nice!

    Do they transform into construction equipment?

    HydroSqueegee on
    zW0NKxe.png
    H3Knucklessee317Elvenshae
  • see317see317 Registered User regular
    Man, that yellow is SHARP. Freakin nice!

    Do they transform into construction equipment?

    Even better, if you get six of them they combine into one super heavy mech.

    Ringo wrote: »
    Well except what see317 said. That guy's always wrong.
    H3KnucklesElvenshae
  • NipsNips Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular
    edited October 2020
    Hey @betsuni your Q4 shipment of Urbies is on its way! Let us know if you'll need a resupply for Q1 2021. Because, you know, attrition. :P
    These shipments cover all backers who finished their pledge surveys and chose Split Shipping or who ordered only Wave 1 items.


    Anyone want to know the numbers? That would be 9,824 backers, and a serious Overlord-DropShip-Level of product, with 268,797 physical items all being boxed, labeled, and mailed out over the next several weeks. That includes 31,543 UrbanMech Salvage Boxes! We know how excited everyone is for their Urbie!

    Nips on
    JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
    DarkewolfeH3KnucklesToxIoloBetsuniIanatorElvenshae
  • ToxTox I kill threads Punch DimensionRegistered User regular
    Post #2 updated for Wave 2 info, but adding this part here as well for folks who might otherwise miss it:
    NEW REWARDS

    That’s right. We plan to add eight new rewards to the Pledge Manager that may be added to your Wave 2 shipments.

    Why? Why do we do this to you?

    Well, some of these were potential rewards that we removed from the original campaign. Some of these are new ideas that we couldn’t wait to share! Also, for our foreign backers who can’t access the Catalyst store as easy (or as cheaply due to international shipping rates) we wanted to give you the opportunity to add as much as possible to your Wave 2 shipments to get the advantage of combined shipping costs. We understand how hard it is to deal with airmail.

    If you are maxed out at the moment, don’t worry. The new items will also be offered on the CGL store and at conventions (fingers crossed) in 2021.

    BattleTech KS Thread! | Mech Trade List | Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • H3KnucklesH3Knuckles Jack of all interests... ...master of noneRegistered User regular
    edited October 2020
    Huh. Well now I'm curious what the new rewards will be.

    I was one of the people who missed the deadline on the kickstarter and became a backer through the extended campaign afterward. I e-mailed them back before the deadline to lock in choices for wave 1 because I realized fairly late that I'd done my math wrong and could've swung the level that got a canon character, but I couldn't see a way to change your backer tier on the extended campaign site (I forget what it's called). Unfortunately my letter got lost in the shuffle and the due date passed. I didn't mind because it was cutting it close enough that I hadn't expected a response in time. Then, months later they contact me out of the blue saying they opened my order back up to make changes, except I still couldn't find a way to increase the tier level, it was just the same 'select your options, and/or add more stuff' interface. I did take advantage to add some more wave 2 mech packs, but I didn't want to be a nuisance (since by that point I think the canon character submission deadline had long since passed) so I just locked the order back in and let it go.

    I wonder though, they had said they would open the orders back up after wave 1 shipped, and now they're adding more stuff to choose from... should I try reaching out to them again? Like, I'm afraid to ask because I don't want to be an asshole, but I also don't want to sit on my thumbs if it turns out that there will be a second chance.

    H3Knuckles on
    If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • ToxTox I kill threads Punch DimensionRegistered User regular
    Yes you should follow up. They've been fairly alright at putting information out, but absolutely horrible at responding to questions.

    I did see that the Wave 2 re-open will allow you to buy Wave 1 stuff also, but not sure if that will include tiers and the like.

    BattleTech KS Thread! | Mech Trade List | Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
    H3KnucklesIolo
  • BetsuniBetsuni Insert Disk 4 and Press Any Key to Continue Registered User regular
    Nips wrote: »
    Hey @betsuni your Q4 shipment of Urbies is on its way! Let us know if you'll need a resupply for Q1 2021. Because, you know, attrition. :P
    These shipments cover all backers who finished their pledge surveys and chose Split Shipping or who ordered only Wave 1 items.


    Anyone want to know the numbers? That would be 9,824 backers, and a serious Overlord-DropShip-Level of product, with 268,797 physical items all being boxed, labeled, and mailed out over the next several weeks. That includes 31,543 UrbanMech Salvage Boxes! We know how excited everyone is for their Urbie!

    Oh look, they got my order correct this time. :P

    I need to contact them again since the digital link still isn't working for me... Also I need to pull my order list to see what Nips is going to get and what I'm putting up for trade/sale.... Also what I'm going to add of course.

    oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
    Darkewolfe
  • NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    Ooh, second chance for the Urbie plushie!

    BetsuniNipsElvenshae
  • ToxTox I kill threads Punch DimensionRegistered User regular
    Also 31,543 battlemechs is multiple Armies' worth of battlemechs.

    https://www.sarna.net/wiki/Inner_Sphere_Military_Structure

    Lance x3= Company x3= Battalion x(3,4,5)= Regiment x(3,4,5)= Brigade x3= Division x(1,2,3)= Corps x(3,4,5)= Army

    It's like 877 Battalions, which is between 175 and 292 Regiments, which means 35 to 98 Brigades, which in turn is 12 to 33 Divisions. That's at least 4 Corps, but as many as 12.

    So even if a full quarter of the 'mechs are literally just spares or fully functional backups, it's still a literal Army's worth. And not a particularly small one either.

    BattleTech KS Thread! | Mech Trade List | Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
    IoloAxenBetsuniNipsH3KnucklesElvenshae
  • AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    edited October 2020
    In or around the Clan Invasion era most of the Great Houses had 70-90 Mech Regiments or there about. Capellans and Davions being a bit of an exception with 40ish and 100+ish respectively.

    Now for a fun comparison, the SLDF had around 200,000 Mechs. Give or take a few thousand.

    Axen on
    A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
    BetsuniH3Knuckles
  • SiliconStewSiliconStew Registered User regular
    31000 Urbies is an average of 3 for every single backer. So now I'm curious what the single largest order of Urbies was because clearly there's more than a few into all Urbies all the time.

    Just remember that half the people you meet are below average intelligence.
    DarkewolfeElvenshae
  • see317see317 Registered User regular
    Now I'm just imagining facing down a firing line of 31,000 AC/10 shots being volley fired...
    That's some 40k flavor right there.

    Ringo wrote: »
    Well except what see317 said. That guy's always wrong.
    ToxIoloDarkewolfeNipsH3KnucklesIanatorElvenshae
Sign In or Register to comment.