As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Hearthstone] THIS THREAD IS DEAD. POST IN THE NEW ONE!

• Options
    narwhalnarwhal monodon monoceros Registered User regular
    alright, after I hit 8k, I'll start picking heroes I normally avoid if it'll reset anyhow. never played mukla before actually. I have also never tried deathwing, nefarian, wagtoggle, or the great alakazam. of those, I might actually try deathwing

Narwhal#1834
  • Options
    DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    Man, I've tried Akazamzarak a few times and I just don't get him. I think the only reason he's decent is because Ice Block, but otherwise his secrets range from pretty awful to weird and situational and often doesn't feel like a good use of the 2 gold? Splitting Image can be absurd sometimes, Venomstrike giving a free poisonous on board is alright, Avenge is god awful why, Autodefense Matrix is good, Effigy is kind of eh, Redemption is okay, and Snake Trap is butts.

DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • Options
    ronzoronzo Registered User regular
    Dibby wrote: »
    Man, I've tried Akazamzarak a few times and I just don't get him. I think the only reason he's decent is because Ice Block, but otherwise his secrets range from pretty awful to weird and situational and often doesn't feel like a good use of the 2 gold? Splitting Image can be absurd sometimes, Venomstrike giving a free poisonous on board is alright, Avenge is god awful why, Autodefense Matrix is good, Effigy is kind of eh, Redemption is okay, and Snake Trap is butts.

I think the problem is that they want him to have a spread of early to late game secrets, but its such a huge tempo loss early that no one should ever be hitting that button on turn 2-3 hoping for a snake trap.

• Options
    Marty81Marty81 Registered User regular
    Maybe if they made the secrets cost 1 and removed ice block from the pool it would be more fun?

• Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    edited September 2020
    Marty81 wrote: »
    Maybe if they made the secrets cost 1 and removed ice block from the pool it would be more fun?

They should just completely rework it. Make it cost zero. You are given access to choose from all secrets you could discover, can only have one secret up, and can only choose each secret once.

ObiFett on
  • Options
    yaaaay I did eeet!
    ycgsqtpll45z.jpg

Narwhal#1834
  • Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    narwhal wrote: »
    alright, after I hit 8k, I'll start picking heroes I normally avoid if it'll reset anyhow. never played mukla before actually. I have also never tried deathwing, nefarian, wagtoggle, or the great alakazam. of those, I might actually try deathwing
    Of that list, Deathwing is actually pretty good. He's hard to win with, but if you play him properly you also rarely end up 8th. He's a good "finish in the top 4" hero if you don't whiff too hard on getting those deathrattles and divine shields.

• Options
    forty wrote: »
    narwhal wrote: »
    Of that list, Deathwing is actually pretty good. He's hard to win with, but if you play him properly you also rarely end up 8th. He's a good "finish in the top 4" hero if you don't whiff too hard on getting those deathrattles and divine shields.

Yeah, I know he also forces everyone else in the lobby to get Deathwing insurance which might slow them down from getting the perfect build

Narwhal#1834
  • Options
    Wild will always be terrible as long as Reno Jackson is still a card.

• Options
    ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular
    Wild will always be terrible as long as Reno Jackson is still a card.

I just want him nerfed slightly, to eleven mana or so.

(Seriously though, even eight mana would be fine.)

Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
  • Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    i just lost to a fucking rank 300 legend soul demon hunter who was using pen flinger and altruis

• Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    Ugggg I don’t even want to play ranked I just want to play b grounds

• Options
    edited September 2020
    Quickie BG game that I played today, only had time for one, but....

iCiXzHH.png

we fuckin' gottem fam

don't always need to go dragons with Alex!

Brann with Bloodsail Cannoneers hitting 3 targets (and Strongshell cycling on 4) is actually kinda hilarious

Dibby on
    DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    The 42/44 Razorgore makes me think you were kind of going dragons. Or did you just get that lucky and hit that many Strongshells?

forty on
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    The 42/44 Razorgore makes me think you were kind of going dragons. Or did you just get that lucky and hit that many Strongshells?

What I tend to do as Alex is pick up the early midrangey Dragons (especially pairs) while on my way to 5, that way I can triple into good shit on 6 when I hit 5. I hit 5, tripled my Bronze Warden into an Amalgadon, and my other Dragon off the HP was Razorgore. I still had the early midrangey Dragons so he grew a fair bit on his own for a while, and then eventually kept afloat just from double Amalgadons and Bronze Warden.

So kinda yes kinda no! The end result was Brann Menagerie and not hard Dragons with Kalecgos/Nadina.

Razorgore himself maybe only got one or two Strongshell cycles because I didn't find an Argus for him til later on, but. My Amalgadons though, hoo boy. They got quite a lot!!

Dibby on
    DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    Hearthstone: here’s your first shot at Janice.
    Me: dope top 2 easy.
    Also Hearthstone: we’ll have some lag and just give you eith place right when you get a pogo. No reconnect.
    Me: ffffffffff

• Options
    zepherin wrote: »
    Hearthstone: here’s your first shot at Janice.
    Me: dope top 2 easy.
    Also Hearthstone: we’ll have some lag and just give you eith place right when you get a pogo. No reconnect.
    Me: ffffffffff

I queued up for a BGs game the other day and disconnected RIGHT on Hero Select and I couldn't get fucking back in and when I finally DID get back in it just gave me auto 8th place and a big fat L for my troubles.

Thanks, video game...........

DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    I thought I had a solid play with Tess. I was like bam 2 of the 1/1 amalgams. Thanks...but I ended up in 6th. That may have been way too slow of a play.

zepherin on
  • Options
    It's a cute idea, but in hindsight, Curator isn't even a good hero now, and he gets his baby amalgam for free from turn 1.

• Options
    It's a cute idea, but in hindsight, Curator isn't even a good hero now, and he gets his baby amalgam for free from turn 1.

My thought was I could get two divide shield poison amalgams, but I just got shredded by pirates hitting me for 15 Hp a pop. It wasn’t even close. I should have scoured the lobby better. Everyone was playing aggressive builds.

• Options

It's still amazing to me that Curator is legit considered a T4 Hero even though he has never once been nerfed and he used to be one of the best Heroes in the game, all because the game changed around him. Highroll Heroes started getting added in favor of Consistency Heroes (which is what Curator is). Same with AFKay! She used to be one of the best Heroes in the game, even after her nerf, and look at her now.

DNiDlnb.png
  • Options

It's still amazing to me that Curator is legit considered a T4 Hero even though he has never once been nerfed and he used to be one of the best Heroes in the game, all because the game changed around him. Highroll Heroes started getting added in favor of Consistency Heroes (which is what Curator is). Same with AFKay! She used to be one of the best Heroes in the game, even after her nerf, and look at her now.
    I got a solid second with AFKay yesterday. The meta is just so aggressive that slow play builds are just at a huge disadvantage. But sometimes you get lucky.

• Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    every demon hunter i have faced today has used the small spell penflinger package

double consume magic, wandmaker, cobalt spellkin, lots of value from the twin slices and penflingers pinging repeatedly

• Options
    Oddly I haven't run into that yet. Every DH I've faced this month is either Soul Shard or Aggro.

• Options
    edited September 2020
    I just got 2nd with Jandice...and it warped the lobby. Everyone grabbed pogos. Like everyone. I didn’t bother and went murlocs. I only lost to a high roll flurgl and only dominated because they got triple bran.

zepherin on
  • Options
    I feel like the queue times for ladder have gotten longer over time. I don't know if it's from shrinking population or if there's another explanation.

• Options
    Just now drawn, in this exact order, on my aggro DH: Marrowslicer, Marrowslicer, Umberwing, Umberwing.

"How is this even possible?"

• Options
    Marty81Marty81 Registered User regular
    zepherin wrote: »

My thought was I could get two divide shield poison amalgams, but I just got shredded by pirates hitting me for 15 Hp a pop. It wasn’t even close. I should have scoured the lobby better. Everyone was playing aggressive builds.

I mean, you don't really need to scout the lobby to know that. It's the only way to play these days.

• Options
    PSA: Park an arena run at X-2 for a "free" ticket in the next day or two. I believe an arena rotation is happening this week.

• Options
    KafkaAUKafkaAU Western AustraliaRegistered User regular
    I think it’s the Halloween dual class arenas?

steam_sig.png
    Origin: KafkaAU B-Net: Kafka#1778
  • Options
    KafkaAU wrote: »
    I think it’s the Halloween dual class arenas?
    Oh yeah, that's gotta be it.

In other news, I did my final push to dad legend yet again with Aggro DH. I had more ranks to gain than in some recent months (I was still in Platinum when I started the grind), but it was smoother than usual as well. I don't keep track, but it felt like my win rate was significantly higher above 50% than usual.

Despite it being one of the worst matchups for Aggro DH, I've had an unusually high success rate against Soul DH as well. Probably just luck like everything in this game, but I think I was like 75% vs. them.

• Options
    edited September 2020
    hmmmm

somehow i have attained Diamond 1 with Bomb Warrior

dare i try for Legend Legend???

real talk tho, Bomb Warrior is such a fucking strong deck. it is a huge force to be reckoned with, like. holy shit. it beats MOST OTHER DECKS and loses only to a few really hard aggro decks. but otherwise....

Dibby on
    DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    Grandmasters Week 7 is now over with 178 games.

Stats:
    5iT3tar.png?1

Lineup Placings:
    5xlKvTL.png?1VKhILAo.png?1

Guardian Druid, Bomb Warrior, Cyclone Mage, and Soul DH are much the same as they have been and comfortably constitute the safe picks for a lineup. DH seems to have consolidated it's position as a Mage counter via it's ability to push weapon damage and other burst from hand to circumvent freeze effects while the Mage lists are too tight to fit weapon removal.

Rogue and Priest continue to drop in popularity, and Control Priest in particular appears to be struggling in a control light meta despite cutting most of its late game value for early game plays and weapon removal.

Face Hunter is picking up in popularity but seems to be running head first into the Soul DH matchup, although it still had a 6-7 record ignoring those. The first trickle of Paladins since week 1 also showed up this week and saw a good bit more success. The non-Bomb Warriors seem to be getting a lot of respect as well, picking up bans in 6 out of 7 series and going 1-0 in the 7th.

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
  • Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    Uh oh, my Priest is trying to become a Warlock.
    y501n2dp73dx.png

• Options
    hmmmm

somehow i have attained Diamond 1 with Bomb Warrior

dare i try for Legend Legend???

real talk tho, Bomb Warrior is such a fucking strong deck. it is a huge force to be reckoned with, like. holy shit. it beats MOST OTHER DECKS and loses only to a few really hard aggro decks. but otherwise....

EjBJdvKWsAAVXSi.jpg

i did it gang

8-)

DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    ronzoronzo Registered User regular
    https://playhearthstone.com/en-us/news/23523062

Patch notes! Elementals getting added to BG, mmr will be reset to 0 for everyone, and lots of event stuff.

Also

Turtle Mage is dead!!!!

(Guardian Animals to 8 mana too!)

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Immediate thoughts on new heroes:

Ragnaros is gonna get slept on and called too slow but this will absolutely steal games. Sleeper hero.

Chenvaala is crap.

Rakanishu seems...fine.

Al'Akir seems very obviously good, free divine shield woo baby.

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Good changes to Pilgrim and Guardian Animals.

• Options
    *Immediately clicks link and Ctrl+F's for "Jandice"*

0/0 results

wat

• Options
    They added a new poisonous minion, maybe they are trying a soft counter.