As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Hearthstone] THIS THREAD IS DEAD. POST IN THE NEW ONE!

• Options
    ronzoronzo Registered User regular
    well, Blizz fucked something up because now my iPhone 11 Pro gets hot enough to cook an egg and drains a crazy amount of battery to run. Something like 10-15% of a charge in 20-25 minutes level of bad.

Its not just me either apparently

• Options
    Marty81Marty81 Registered User regular
    First game of the new patch went pretty good.

bo7o1dpw0nsx.jpg

• Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    man I wasn't planning on grinding rank this month but I randomly win streaked all the way from gold to platinum 5 with bomb warrior; I like this deck

I got rid of galakrond and a couple leggos I didn't have for some more defense against aggro and it seems to beat everything but face hunter. I thought it would be bad against priest but I haven't played that many and the few I have I've been able to knock out just by trying to max out weapon swings

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    Damn it's impressive how much they made this BGs meta suck. It's so incredibly snowbally.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    narwhalnarwhal monodon monoceros Registered User regular
    edited October 2020
    Just had a craaaaazy exciting game. Lobby was down to me and a Ragnaros, they were at 40 health and I was at 6. Their board was basically all poison and divine shield, but I had big dragons with divine shield, and eventually I wittled this Rag down from 40 to zero. Was exhilirating! Nozdormu continues to be the best hero, or at least my best hero <3

Also, I queued up with Kolento (playing Rafaam) earlier too. Sadly he got 8th before I could square off against him properly, but I did minion block him when he tried to steal my good stuff early on.

narwhal on
    Narwhal#1834
  • Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    Damn it's impressive how much they made this BGs meta suck. It's so incredibly snowbally.

Isn't that kind of what BG has been from the beginning?

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular

With tier 6 units, sure. Someone spikes a Nomi or 'lil Rag off their triple on four and you're gonna get buried in dozens of stats several turns earlier.

Not counting og macaw meta, of course, bc that was obviously also extremely stupid

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    KafkaAUKafkaAU Western AustraliaRegistered User regular
    So Jandice + nomi is pretty broken.

steam_sig.png
    Origin: KafkaAU B-Net: Kafka#1778
  • Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    edited October 2020
    I was going to win a game with fallen george. Three people left. I had the nuts 5 divine shielded murlocs 2 with poison and I was fishing for more health and poison. I also had a chonky boi demon tank (also with divine shield).

But work called and expected me to do the job they pay me for... so I had to close out the game and hop on a client call. So I got second. I was so sad though

zepherin on
  • Options
    buggybuggersbuggybuggers Registered User regular
    I had it when people leave when they are about to lose, it is quite discourteous. The only reason to leave if is someone is trolling, but even then. There was one time when someone tried to troll me by extending the game as he or she felt they would win for sure. I ended up drawing the perfect set of cards and killed them in 1 turn. If you can get the win go for it, trying to do an overkill or troll doesn't always end well.

• Options
    shergakshergak Registered User regular
    I think an easy change would be move the deathrattle elemental to 5 and L'il Rag to 6. That would curtail some of the explosive power of elementals. Good to see poison murlocs coming back though.

• Options
    DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    i had a perfect 40 health Ragnaros game ruined by a Reno as my final opponent in top 2 with 1 health because he got a very early golden Lightfang

womp womp

DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • Options
    Sometimes people aren’t trolling, they know they can’t win or want you to think they just drew the winning card when they didn’t. They just start roping and emoting spamming in the hopes that maybe you’re a mobile player who will disconnect, or are a person with an actual life who can’t take an additional 20 minutes to eek out a win against stall warrior or Rex priest.

This is why, if you have the time and patience, you should always rope those assholes back. Waste as much of their time as possible.

• Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    The only time I rope is when I'm thinking about a play. Regardless, I make my play as quickly and efficiently as I can, even if I sense they are stalling the game for no reason. I'm not going to waste any more of my time.

• Options
    Last day I'm streaming this week. Feel free to join me! Sorry for all the posts about this

Narwhal#1834
  • Options
    The only time I rope is when I'm thinking about a play. Regardless, I make my play as quickly and efficiently as I can, even if I sense they are stalling the game for no reason. I'm not going to waste any more of my time.

Normally if you rope them back a couple times they stop...normally sometimes it’s just game on we’ll rope each other for 50 minutes.

• Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    I had it when people leave when they are about to lose, it is quite discourteous.
    How so?

• Options
    The JudgeThe Judge The Terwilliger CurvesRegistered User regular
    edited October 2020
    I have dipped my toe into Battlegrounds with the reset - strict F2P/two hero - and have a 5th (Kragg) and a 3rd place (Millificent) finish in two games.

Now rolling with AF Kay and Pirates. - third again. Was kicking ass and then Mega-Windfury Elementals showed me what actual ass-kicking is all about.

Okay, my late gameplay must need some work.

The Judge on
    Last pint: Turmoil CDA / Barley Brown's - Untappd: TheJudge_PDX
  • Options
    Zixor is so good and I want to make a deathrattle hunter with Vectus but it’d probably be kind of terrible.

Oh well maybe I’ll do it anyway.

• Options
    The Judge wrote: »
    I have dipped my toe into Battlegrounds with the reset - strict F2P/two hero - and have a 5th (Kragg) and a 3rd place (Millificent) finish in two games.

Now rolling with AF Kay and Pirates. - third again. Was kicking ass and then Mega-Windfury Elementals showed me what actual ass-kicking is all about.

Okay, my late gameplay must need some work.
    Mega windfury is only good if you have an obscene amount of hp. Or you have it with zapp in some weird situations, like 4 soul jugglers.

• Options
    edited October 2020
    Did y'all know that there is a unique little animation when Abbess Alura pulls a bomb from your deck?

https://youtu.be/dNPgqSwJdrg?t=437

Nice little touch. Edit: if the link doesn't work, time stamp at 7:29.

GoodKingJayIII on
  • Options
    sanstodosanstodo Registered User regular

With tier 6 units, sure. Someone spikes a Nomi or 'lil Rag off their triple on four and you're gonna get buried in dozens of stats several turns earlier.

Not counting og macaw meta, of course, bc that was obviously also extremely stupid

Games are very swingy, and the delta between good and bad heroes has never been greater.

My games routinely have 2-3 players dead by turns 6-7. Some early game heroes are insanely oppressive.

• Options
    It is crazy how much they have been missing the mark on most the new BG heroes for the last few patches. I know it's often not easy to tell how good a power will be just from inspection, but their testing situation must be really half-assed. I guess that or they don't care?

• Options
    shergakshergak Registered User regular
    edited October 2020
    dlihznee9wxh.png

How to beat a jandice who has giant pogos. Took down her 27 health in one turn. :)

shergak on
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    Ejc42lNXYAAVghi.jpg
    Ejc42lNXkAAEv6c.jpg

i call this the get up from your keyboard and afk comp

No but really, because I had a full fucking board and literally zero board slots, and I wanted to actually taunt up my Spore, I had to pitch the Mech I had been growing (which wasn't anything great, it was like a 9/7 Kaboombot, so) and just slot in a blank Annoy-o-Module because the Divine Shield was more important, even if the minion itself was pretty weak. On the plus side it meant I got to devote ALL my gold to rerolls and search for triples. I found double Lightfang and then the game ended :V

I dunno man, it was a fast game. That slot didn't even matter but whatevssss.

OH YEAH AND I GOT OVER 6K NOW WHOOOOO

Dibby on
    DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    No more rank floor for Dibby. He can get back to his pre-reset rating slides.

• Options
    The JudgeThe Judge The Terwilliger CurvesRegistered User regular
    Never hit Legend. F2P. But we finally got there, kids:

0ouxgkodlo6p.png

Me and Dinosize and Sunkeeper will just be over in the corner, drinking straight bourbon and talking about the good ol' unnerfed Call To Arms days.

Last pint: Turmoil CDA / Barley Brown's - Untappd: TheJudge_PDX
  • Options
    Did they change Casual MMR with the ladder changes? Was it reset or linked to your ladder MMR somehow? I kept my Casual MMR intentionally low with mass concedes so I could still get wins with bad decks if I needed to for quests. I would often face baby seal decks and just the most pitiful players. Now most my Casual games seem to be against at least somewhat(if not outright) meta decks and players who don't make obviously horrible plays regularly. I don't remember anything being mentioned about Casual matchmaking but it definitely seems to have changed this year.

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Oh man, that's great. He's such a genuinely nice and good person, I'm so glad he found someone.

• Options
    3clipse wrote: »
    Oh man, that's great. He's such a genuinely nice and good person, I'm so glad he found someone.

He's been with her for ages, just never went public about it because he wanted to have some privacy outside of his life as a streamer. Streaming back then there were a lot fewer rules about what people would say in chat, so I don't blame him. Also yay for Day9! Grats on his marriage :D

Narwhal#1834
  • Options
    lwt1973lwt1973 King of Thieves SyndicationRegistered User regular
    Seems Firebat is done with the grind of competitive Hearthstone.

"He's sulking in his tent like Achilles! It's the Iliad?...from Homer?! READ A BOOK!!" -Handy
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    I wonder if he'll go into more depth on why that is. He's definitely expressed a lot of frustration on stream lately with how many weird or bad decisions Blizzard has made in terms of running and administrating GM League and the tournaments.

• Options
    YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    He got relegated from GM this week. He made a longer statement on reddit:
    Firebat wrote:
    I just couldn't find anything that worked for me this meta. Kept trying different things every week but nothing was really clicking. So, I lost enough in the league to get relegated.

If I'm honest I wasn't putting in the time necessary to play at the level required to win championships. I was putting in the just enough to get by kind of energy. And focusing on other things, YouTube, Twitch Streams, moving house, relationships. So, I'd say it is a deserved relegation. Still hurts though, and I keep running back in my mind all the times I could have done a little more. Or what the hell I was thinking with that control warrior + highlander hunter lineup! Even if I didn't like the current iteration of the system that much, I loved competing and it has done so much to enable me to be where I am today.

I plan to continue making content, maybe not as much Hearthstone content as before. But, I still plan on trying to promote and help out the competitive scene wherever I can so that others may be given the chance at the same opportunities I've had. I know its switched to YouTube now instead of Twitch and its harder to follow. But, if you haven’t had the chance to tune in to the broadcasts I can't recommend watching it enough. It really is a life-changing program that allowed me to take my passion, turn it into something and become a content creator. I know competitive hearthstone gets memed on a lot, but I hope it continues to enable others to achieve their goals as well.

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    EjmuT-KX0AAvQvI.jpg

the best game of elementals i've ever played with the worst hero i've ever played

i got double ragnaros and nomi and i just PUUUUUUMPED UPPPPP

pitched nomi and 2nd rags for the final round though. ez 1st

edit: oh lmfao Chenvaala is actually the worst hero in the game yeah

Dibby on
    DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    Dibby wrote: »
    Rakanishu I think people are sleeping on. That's not a HP you use until later on, but once you start hitting T4 and up, that's +4/+4 to a minion each turn. And eventually +5/+5, +6/+6. Very very strong. For 2 gold? That's well worth it, considering that every other buffer minion also has a net cost of 2 gold and only gives +2/+2. On the 8 gold turn you can HP once and buy two minions for a semi-early powerspike as well (+3/+3 to a minion and two new minions). Once you hit the 10 gold turn you slam it every single turn. Do not sleep on my boy here.
    Can we sleep on Rakanishu yet? Dude is not good.

• Options
    edited October 2020
    forty wrote: »
    Rakanishu I think people are sleeping on. That's not a HP you use until later on, but once you start hitting T4 and up, that's +4/+4 to a minion each turn. And eventually +5/+5, +6/+6. Very very strong. For 2 gold? That's well worth it, considering that every other buffer minion also has a net cost of 2 gold and only gives +2/+2. On the 8 gold turn you can HP once and buy two minions for a semi-early powerspike as well (+3/+3 to a minion and two new minions). Once you hit the 10 gold turn you slam it every single turn. Do not sleep on my boy here.

YES THANK YOU FORTY OKAY I REALIZE THAT >:0

Rakanishu's HP probably needs to be 1 gold for him to actually be good, I think... Or if that's too good, 2 gold but targeted?

Dibby on
    DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    yknow @forty you might've been right about me being wrong

No more rank floor for Dibby. He can get back to his pre-reset rating slides.

but now it's time for you to be wrong about me being right (??? it sounded better in my head okay)

EjnOcX9XkAIefK4.jpg
    EjnOcX-WAAAuRcF.jpg

7k baby 8-)

Jandy's still fucking disgusting and can do even more heinous bullshit now that Elementals exist. Literally Lil' Rag fits into any fucking comp, Elementals or not. You flex that into any fucking comp and just buy T4/5 elementals and add a shitton of stats to your board.

Dibby on
    DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    Gotta climb up the ladder before you can go down that slide.

• Options

YES THANK YOU FORTY OKAY I REALIZE THAT >:0

Rakanishu's HP probably needs to be 1 gold for him to actually be good, I think... Or if that's too good, 2 gold but targeted?

It needs to be targeted.

In what world the Team 5 devs thought that 4/4, 5/5, or 6/6 to a single random minion for 2 gold was going to be competitive against give 2x minions of your choice 4/4 for free, but it's not this one