As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Hearthstone] THIS THREAD IS DEAD. POST IN THE NEW ONE!

• Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    JAEF wrote: »
    Donnicton wrote: »
    Just finished the adventure. What is this, why does a card game have a more interesting story than the RPG it's inspired from
    There were some really cool stories all over the WoW experience. The Green Hills of Stranglethorn "book", the whole Defias plotline, Ulduar... lots of things! Just hard to remember between all the "kill 5 boars" quests.

I'm talking about narratives relevant to the core contemporary WoW storyline. I was more interested in this than I ever was having to go through a multi-week set of time-gated minigames whereby my character gets repeatedly berated by the Naaru for having stopped Illidan from conquering Outland back in Burning Crusade.

• Options
    KafkaAUKafkaAU Western AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Yilias wrote: »
    Has anybody played the adventure content? Outcast is significantly shittier when your hand is full of 7+ drops.

It reminded me why I stopped playing in the first place. The training where you fight against your wards, the fight against the shaman I had to redo 3 times because she consistently high rolled the 3 5/6 taunts off her hero power.

But I’m back because BGs are too good.

steam_sig.png
    Origin: KafkaAU B-Net: Kafka#1778
  • Options
    Marty81Marty81 Registered User regular
    Guys, I did it!

I fuckin did it!

d5gsp9ssr24v.jpg

I know hitting legend isn't as hard as it used to be, but still, it feels good. My usual routine is to do my quests every other day or so, and then continue playing until I lose a game. I got a couple of long win streaks earlier this season which got me most of the way there, then I was stuck at rank 1 for a week or so, and then my games today put me over the top.

Big Boi Shaman got me most of the way there. For the rest of my games I played a combination of Secret Mage (without Aluneth; oh well, it still works) and odd Demon Hunter.

Oh, and we get a free classic legendary for hitting legend for the first time, right? Let's see what's in the box.
    jaed1rvldfqb.jpg

Yep, still no Harrison.

• Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    I almost want to grind to Legend for the 1,600 dust, but, ugh.

Only almost.

• Options
    YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    I find it really amusing that the response to the Twin Slice nerf appears to be to run Cobalt Spellkins to get more Twin Slices.

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
  • Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    I find it really amusing that the response to the Twin Slice nerf appears to be to run Cobalt Spellkins to get more Twin Slices.

I've been gone for most of the time it's been in standard--has Spellkin seen any serious play? It seems like a very solid card for a few classes like Warrior and Mage (though minionless mage kinda kills that now). Or Overload Shaman, if they ever did anything with that pseudo-bloodlust legendary.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    24zcxn3xuwyh.png

liEt3nH.png
  • Options

I've been gone for most of the time it's been in standard--has Spellkin seen any serious play? It seems like a very solid card for a few classes like Warrior and Mage (though minionless mage kinda kills that now). Or Overload Shaman, if they ever did anything with that pseudo-bloodlust legendary.
    Not really. I think the only thing vaguely noteworthy it's shown up in is some Highlander Mage variants with more dragons.

• Options
    DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular

It's a card that has some very strong potential, but no, it's never seen any serious play yet. I think some of those greedy Priest decks that go all in on Veilweaver run it, though, but. That aside...

Kinda sucks that it's not seeing much play, cause I think it's a good card!

DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    I think some shamans ran it, cause shaman has a lot of good one cost stuff

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular

“It’s so bad we need six copies.”

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    I think some shamans ran it, cause shaman has a lot of good one cost stuff
    Quest shaman, I’ll cast earth shock 6 times fuck you priest.

• Options
    edited June 2020
    Mmmm yup just finished the adventure. Gonna echo what @Donnicton said; this managed to have a more interesting and compelling story than the source material.

Which isn't difficult to pull off, WoW's writers suck ass lmao

But interestingly, I thought it was cool that they literally created an entire new character for this adventure in Aranna and got me to actually be invested in her. Well done there, Team 5.

Must be that Dave Kosak influence....

Dibby on
    DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    Also, the dialogue was mad less corny by having everything rhyme.

• Options
    As soon as they revealed Nozdormu the Timeless, I was like "this is going to be the dumbest card they add in Descent of Dragons". And I was right. Rogue didn't need a random highroll +7/+4 buff to their Evil Miscreants for 1 mana.

• Options
    forty wrote: »
    As soon as they revealed Nozdormu the Timeless, I was like "this is going to be the dumbest card they add in Descent of Dragons". And I was right. Rogue didn't need a random highroll +7/+4 buff to their Evil Miscreants for 1 mana.

I was SO confused here for a second, in multiple ways.

I was like "...did you mean Murozond?? But that's a Priest card... stolen maybe? No, but even if it was, how does Murozond buff Miscreants?? ...So, Nozdormu then? But that's a classic card???" "Hmmm I better google this" "...But that's a Paladin card?!?!"

".....Ohhhhhhhh......"

DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    The Evolve/random body mechanic is one of the dumbest in the game since the variance is just out of control. A 4 mana minion can be anywhere from a 2/2 to an 8/8 right now. A 1 mana Lackey all but sealing the game on turn 3/4 is just asinine.

• Options
    I finally cracked and decided to craft Ysera Unleashed.

I held back last set cause she was just sort of a fringe card, like. But now, with Spell Druid? Yeah, she's hot shit. Spell Druid went through MANY iterations since the initial decklist at the start and now people have settled on Big Boys Big Ramps Big Money so you just ramp into Ysera and pop Fungal Fortunes or Overflow and poop out Dragons on board. And the deck itself is just killer. Like you have SO many threats. Between flooding the board with Glowfly, or popping OFF with Exotic Mountseller, or just Ysera, the deck has so much in the way of both board presence and value. And Ysera literally is the card that lets you play the long game against slower decks.

So yeah I bit the bullet crafted her no regrets. What a beast of a card.

DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    no she's a dragon

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    Wait until your first Mountseller + Ysera Fungal Fortunes draw. Awww yeah thanks Hearthstone.

forty on
  • Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    edited June 2020
    Whenever I play spell druid I discard 3 minions with fungal fortunes and never draw my ramp

Beasteh on
  • Options
    Wait until your first Mountseller + Ysera Fungal Fortunes draw. Awww yeah thanks Hearthstone.

I mean, I've made plays where I played Fungal Fortunes pretty deep into my deck knowing it could discard my Ysera (which it did) because it'd draw me into stuff I needed instead, hopefully

And it did! I won the game off of doing that.

But yeah I've also slammed Fungal Fortunes on T2 and discarded Ysera like.... a lot........

As long as it doesn't discard BOTH, you're fine.

DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    rahkeesh2000rahkeesh2000 Registered User regular
    edited June 2020

I wish it was more corny or something.

I got tried of Illidan's tryhard grimdark melodrama in the prologue, and Arianna cloning his droning style for another three chapters was just torture. It even makes what is clearly supposed to be jokes fall flat. Get my back my League of Hero style hijinx and leave this "serious" tone at the door.

rahkeesh2000 on
  • Options
    AlphagaiaAlphagaia Registered User regular
    I lost my first Shaman versus Priest matchup today. That should never happen and now it did. I need some time.

Wanna try my Mario Maker levels?

Shoot m to BITS (hold Y) [hard] C109-0000-014D-4E09
    P-POWER Switch Palace 3838-0000-0122-9359
    Raiding the Serpents Tomb 1A04-0000-0098-C11E
    I like to move it, move it FCE2-0000-00D7-9048

See my profile here!
  • Options
    [Expletive deleted][Expletive deleted] The mediocre doctor NorwayRegistered User regular

I wish it was more corny or something.

I got tried of Illidan's tryhard grimdark melodrama in the prologue, and Arianna cloning his droning style for another three chapters was just torture. It even makes what is clearly supposed to be jokes fall flat. Get my back my League of Hero style hijinx and leave this "serious" tone at the door.

I always play with sound off. So I have no idea what either of them sounds like :)

Sic transit gloria mundi.
  • Options
    KafkaAUKafkaAU Western AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Me playing Eudora: golden t1 demon that gives its attack to others on death and discover 3 t4 buff cards for minions I’m not playing.

Enemy playing Eudora: golden minion that perfectly compliments play style (E.g. golden juggler) and discover goldgrubber every time.

Pretty standard I think.

steam_sig.png
    Origin: KafkaAU B-Net: Kafka#1778
  • Options
    Marty81Marty81 Registered User regular
    What are the adventure rewards?

• Options
    it's a free adventure, the reward is just a card back

they only release new cards in paid content

• Options
    edited June 2020
    The real reward was the friends we made along the way

Dibby on
    DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    Marty81 wrote: »
    What are the adventure rewards?

time away from standard

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    KafkaAU wrote: »
    Me playing Eudora: golden t1 demon that gives its attack to others on death and discover 3 t4 buff cards for minions I’m not playing.

Enemy playing Eudora: golden minion that perfectly compliments play style (E.g. golden juggler) and discover goldgrubber every time.

Pretty standard I think.

no that's battlegrounds

DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    PSAs:
    • Fire up Hearthstone on Twitch now for 1-2 free packs.
    • Make extra space in your quest log tonight for another event quest tomorrow.

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular

I suppose this is somewhat par for the course for modern Blizzard, but fucking ugh

• Options
    Savjz still plays Hearthstone? I thought he went to Magic years ago and then was doing Underlords or something.

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Pretty much once Battlegrounds came out he migrated back to that and has been doing it ever since. The tournament he's talking about is the upcoming Battlegrounds tournament.

• Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    The currently on right now tournament, you mean?

• Options
    hit legend again this month with standard highlander hunter

i feel the twin slice nerf has really helped highlander hunter (and mage) breathe, the only really gross cards i have problems with now in DH are warglaives and skull

i mostly faced spell druids and had a fairly negative winrate against them but the other matchups were pretty much free wins

super important vs spell druid to have a play, every single turn, on curve, to contest glowfly swarm which is a disgusting card i hate it so much

• Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    edited June 2020
    emnmnme wrote: »
    rghj4t0578dw.png

Made it to Dad Legend for the first time under the new system using morgan_coke's deck.
    https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/comment/42451104#Comment_42451104

*puts on khaki shorts*
    *grows a mustache*
    Ahhh, Dad Legend.
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    Isn’t Dad Legend Diamond 5? Shave that teenage stubble and keep climbing.

1icl5r8sr8do.png

THERE we go.
    *adjusts the thermostat*
    *drives the family across five states in a station wagon*
    Ahhh, Dad Legend.

emnmnme on
  • Options
    rghj4t0578dw.png

Made it to Dad Legend for the first time under the new system using morgan_coke's deck.
    https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/comment/42451104#Comment_42451104

*puts on khaki shorts*
    *grows a mustache*
    Ahhh, Dad Legend.
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    Isn’t Dad Legend Diamond 5? Shave that teenage stubble and keep climbing.

1icl5r8sr8do.png

THERE we go.
    *adjusts the thermostat*
    *drives the family across five states in a station wagon*
    Ahhh, Dad Legend.

Hi, Dad Legend. I'm Dibby.

DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    [*] Fire up Hearthstone on Twitch now for 1-2 free packs.
    95 dust! Yeah baby!