As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Hearthstone] THIS THREAD IS DEAD. POST IN THE NEW ONE!

• Options
    InvictusInvictus Registered User regular
    Dibby wrote: »
    If Djinni is going to stay at T5, not only do they need to fix the bug, they should legit change the card text so that it can only give T5 and below Elementals.

Once the bug fix goes in, it'll be better, sure, but then all you have to do is tier up to 6 and you start getting a chance of getting Rags and Amalgadon.

Also Garr, tho! That's important, right?

Right?

Generalísimo de Fuerzas Armadas de la República Argentina
  • Options
    DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    Invictus wrote: »
    If Djinni is going to stay at T5, not only do they need to fix the bug, they should legit change the card text so that it can only give T5 and below Elementals.

Once the bug fix goes in, it'll be better, sure, but then all you have to do is tier up to 6 and you start getting a chance of getting Rags and Amalgadon.

Also Garr, tho! That's important, right?

Right?

I mean, hey, that's +6/+6 to a random minion on your board, so.

ALSO while we're at it I'd love to see Ragnaros changed to only buff Elementals. The fact that it can hit anything means you can flex it into any comp and is literally the most powerful card in the game. It's just better Brann at that point in terms of the sheer stat gains.

DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • Options
    EkyUHC6XYAIFhBb.jpg
    Lightfang might not be very good right now but getting double Triple Lightfang as Reno was hilarious.

2nd place! Lost vs a Millhouse with Amalgadons :T

DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    Even the dream Lightfang scenario isn't enough to win. Unnerf Lightfang!

• Options
    The JudgeThe Judge The Terwilliger CurvesRegistered User regular
    I need to extend some love to the Spell Damage Shaman deck that was floated in this thread a while back. I've gone back to search but I can't find it. It's listed as 'PA Sham' in my decklist. And it's riding a six win streak at the moment over Paladins, Priests, and a particularly stunned Demon Hunter. This thing is a gas.

There are few sweeter feelings than watching a Priest set up a wall of Taunts designed to fuck your board sideways plus some guaranteed resurrection bullshit on deck and you have 15+ lethal spell damage in hand the whole time.

Last pint: Turmoil CDA / Barley Brown's - Untappd: TheJudge_PDX
  • Options
    narwhalnarwhal monodon monoceros Registered User regular
    The best way to fix Djini would be to only drop elementals of your current tier level and below. It's always a bit heartbreaking to see yourself crack one open for the opponent and an amalgadon pops out. There's only 7 of those and it's annoying to see them being gotten as early as turn 7/8

Narwhal#1834
  • Options
    Apparently that's their intent, but they're having trouble since the game is coded like shit.

• Options
    edited October 2020
    Ek3jYuZW0AI-h1P.jpg

Climbing back up there!!! I think I'm starting to adjust to this new meta. It's really been throwing me for a loop, since I tend to do better in slower safer metas, not fast aggressive metas like this one. Like during Cannon/Macawgrounds, I really struggled to climb during that meta, too.

I was wobbling between 7.2-7.3k for a goooood while but I'm finally getting back up there.

Shoot, I'm like 8 points off from 7777 too, dammit.... That's like what, a 4th place win? Hmmmmmmmmm..........

Dibby on
    DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    GrobianGrobian What's on sale? Pliers!Registered User regular
    I got up over 8k for a couple games (finished the night at 7979) but I really dislike this meta. It's still super greedy. Instead of rushing to rag, people now rush to djinn to then get lucky with free rags and amalgadons.

You easily get killed in two battles from 30+, too so just spending a turn missing on your rolls can be a death sentence. For now it feels very RNG dependent, basically your first tier 5 discover decides if you can get a top 4 finish or not. Or you get a good discover but only get matched against the top 3 players in a row.

But I also realize I'm not fully into the meta yet. Having two tribes banned is quite different from one tribe banned and I'm not tuned into the finer points of the tribe interplay. That's gonna need more games still. I did find myself playing funny wild decks in like regular HS, that's not a good sign.

• Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    Here's an educational video for how to win games in this meta:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=luv5nX61FB4

• Options
    So Battlegrounds now has 7 tribes, with only 1 not represented. Maybe Battlegrounds will be in "Beta" until they finally introduce... Totems!

• Options
    forty wrote: »
    So Battlegrounds now has 7 tribes, with only 1 not represented. Maybe Battlegrounds will be in "Beta" until they finally introduce... Totems!

Seems like it's prime time to start introducing some new tribes in upcoming expacs...... Hmmmmmmm

DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    kazs2bldw3u51.jpg?width=960&height=944&crop=smart&auto=webp&s=e2e6150abf1d5b48db830261ed53e34622fbde2c

• Options
    I wanted to make a positive post tonight, but I just can't. This season has been fucking miserable. Whatever I queue with, I just get fed into a counter, nut drawing asshole.

Anyway, if you're doing the brawl for your 40 dust this week, I recommend going paladin or shaman and conceding until you get to go 2nd. You can use your hero power to guarantee feeding your opponent a shitty minion on your turn.

• Options
    YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    Reveal stream is starting now!

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
  • Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    Oh my god Madness at the Darkmoon Faire is going to be ridiculous and I love it.

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • Options
    Madness at the Darkmoon Faire:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQjG-ffwTek

A dozen or so card spoilers including the new versions of the Old Gods, which I'll go back through the vod for in a couple hours if someone (probably Dibby) doesn't beat me to it.

Expansions will now have 35 card 'minisets' halfway through the expansion
    Achievement stuff that looks kind of zzzz
    Unique cosmetic coin for each expansion that unlocks if you have 135 cards from that expansion
    Battle pass track that resets each expansion and gives gold and other rewards including hero portraits (looks like the track is free, but they didn't explicitly say it)
    Quests now give credit to the battle pass track instead of gold and there will be weekly quests
    Profile page that looks kind of zzzz but they say its a work in progress

New game mode is Wizard Duels, which is PvP dungeon runs. It's in EA today and playable if you preorder the expansion. You can play either casual or heroic, the latter of which uses the arena buy-in pay-out system. It looks like you have separate mmrs for each. Now they're doing prerecorded Kripp vs Kibler Wizard Duel to wrap it up, but I need to run an errand real quick so I'm out.

• Options
    edited October 2020
    https://articles.hsreplay.net/2020/10/22/fall-2020-hearthstone-update/

https://outof.cards/hearthstone/2057-the-hearthstone-fall-reveal-new-expansion-game-mode-systems-and-more-live-recap

Articles with a bit more in depth info, since I'm on my phone atm and haven't watched the stream

Corrupt is the new keyword. These are cards that will upgrade in effect if you have them in hand and play a card with a higher cost.

Old God Legendary reprints!!! They look absolutely bonkers!!

SPIN THE WHEEL OF YOGG SARON

also i feel like Quest Shaman can use Tour Guide and C'thun the Shattered for a 2TK?? Hmmm! Oh, or OTK if you use that Quest Coin minion that I forgot existed.

Edit:

Tfw the new Rogue portrait is 100x better than the 1000 win portrait

Dibby on
    DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    Oh, and Arena is fucking dead now lmao

Arena Tickets that you can get are now called Tavern Tickets and can be used for Duels

Duels looks really cool!! I'm excited for that. But also RIP in peace Arena lollll

DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    Oh, and Arena is fucking dead now lmao

Arena Tickets that you can get are now called Tavern Tickets and can be used for Duels

Duels looks really cool!! I'm excited for that. But also RIP in peace Arena lollll

After learning and playing a bunch of Magic drafts, Arena just seemed like a mediocre imitation of that. Duels mode seems far better suited for Hearthstone.

• Options
    TynnanTynnan seldom correct, never unsure Registered User regular
    Arena was always a weak attempt to cram Hearthstone onto the Magic limited play experience, without any of what makes MTG limited actually good. I'm glad Arena is gone.

• Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    Interesting changes so far. Poaching some ideas from Legends of Runeterra (a good move), so we’ll see how this shakes things up.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options

what was up with Salty Looter? the golden version?

• Options
    I know we all super excited about Darkmoon Faire BUT GANG

CHECK IT

Ek8yInbXIAEnMmf.jpg

BACK TO 8K!!!!

Invictus wrote: »

what was up with Salty Looter? the golden version?

Golden was giving old stats of 6/6 instead of 8/8, yeah.

DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    in your face @forty u never believed in me an look at me now 8-)

DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Just read up on the new mode and boy that just sounds like an absolute clown fiesta, no thanks. Dungeons Runs have so much RNG making them PVP sounds miserable.

• Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Holy shit, they literally added a “You win or lose the game” card. Even better is that it’s randomness nested into random.

We’re now a matter of years away from Roasting as a regular card in a set

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    rahkeesh2000rahkeesh2000 Registered User regular
    edited October 2020
    Arena is 98% of what I play so I was about to write a big rant about you guys horrible attitude, but it looks like fake news anyway. They outright said that Tavern tokens give access to both Arena and Heroic Duels. There may have been some problems accessing Arena lately but those seem to be bugs.

Duels is looking more like a constructed variant and is in no way a sufficient replacement. You need an optimized deck to rack up the early wins, and you're likely going to be forced to pick cards that already match that constructed strategy to keep going, without much room to adapt. I expect this mode to end up with even less variety than ladder let alone arena.

rahkeesh2000 on
  • Options
    Rod of Roasting is probably the worst result unless you're in a truly unwinnable game state, most of the others are massive power plays. I'm honestly surprised that after they de facto banned Yogg the first go around they'd reprint him with better effects.

• Options
    KUGZDQNH24AN1602810052883.png

Zeph is a new BG Hero, apparently!

DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    KUGZDQNH24AN1602810052883.png

Zeph is a new BG Hero, apparently!

that is a fun cool hero power

• Options
    Yilias wrote: »
    Rod of Roasting is probably the worst result unless you're in a truly unwinnable game state, most of the others are massive power plays. I'm honestly surprised that after they de facto banned Yogg the first go around they'd reprint him with better effects.

Original Yogg didn't deserve to be nerfed in the first place. But I expect people will complain and they'll nerf this one within the first four weeks.

• Options
    The JudgeThe Judge The Terwilliger CurvesRegistered User regular
    sld090mbr6j2.png

Good art choice for this kind of rabbit.

Last pint: Turmoil CDA / Barley Brown's - Untappd: TheJudge_PDX
  • Options
    in your face @forty u never believed in me an look at me now 8-)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xWSd1bgZiYo

• Options
    edited October 2020
    Yilias wrote: »
    Battle pass track that resets each expansion and gives gold and other rewards including hero portraits (looks like the track is free, but they didn't explicitly say it)
    Quests now give credit to the battle pass track instead of gold and there will be weekly quests
    Oh no, so they're doing it? RIP casual Hearthstone players?

forty on
  • Options
    You'll be offered 4 of the 10 Hearthstone classes to build your run with. With that hero, you'll pick 1 of 3 hero powers. Then you'll use the cards in your collection to build a 16-card deck. You'll be limited to a pool of past and current Hearthstone sets similar to how Arena works. Finally you'll pick a powerful Treasure to also influence your deck (think like in Tombs of Terror). With each win, you'll gain access to additional cards to draft into your deck or new Treasures.
    This sound really bad, yuck.

• Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    edited October 2020
    Blizzard found a way to sell you Wild cards! Suckers! Pay the man!

Wild: How much you want for that Drakonid Operative?
    Blizzard: 7 MSoG packs.
    Wild: Pay the man.
    You: What?!

MNC Dover on
    Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    It's an absolute clown fiesta of a mode, too. It's unchanged from Dungeon Run so the power delta between decks based purely on offering RNG is gigaaantic.

• Options
    PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    PRAISE YOGG