As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Steam] now returns you to your regular programming.

• Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    Older posts spoilered.
    Okay so we start off with me, Mal, and Karoz.

Mal is a lichenologist and former paintballer, so we have high hopes here... and for the delightful garden we look forward to having.

Karoz is a former security guard who eats too much but has proven to be pretty handy with a baseball bat, so far killing 37 zombies before we've even really settled in to our new home. A keeper!

And Pixie is just someone with good taste in colors, but also possessing a metric shitload of hit points (high pain tolerance), so that's useful.

Day 2 and we haven't found anybody new yet to join us. Pixie went on something of a crazy run far beyond our comfort zone to find a gun store and eventually came back with a truckload of guns, bullets, and the prize - a crossbow. Got bit a few times, but nothing life-threatening. Racked up 64 kills... mostly with the front end of a pickup truck.

Sent Mal out next to stock us up on basic supplies. Helped out a few neighbors. Got really damn good with the aforementioned crossbow and is now something of a shooting expert. Now has 26 kills, mostly stealth shots with a crossbow. Also, she found some super stylish new duds. Alas, she did get bit a few times too many when she got overloaded with supplies and couldn't outrun an unexpected horde of zeds. She'll be ok, but she needs some rest.

So it's still just 3 survivors on the Adventure Team. But morale is fantastic, we have tons of supplies of all sorts, and more weapons than we need. I think we're in a good place right now...

Our stockpiles continue to grow and morale continues to improve. Karoz went out and helped some locals set up a still (beer!), so there's that I guess. Along the way, she picked up a new weapon and is really living up to her given name of Valkyrie Rose.* She's up to 99 kills and has no fear.

We also just recruited Rubycat into the gang, and he comes to us as a skilled mechanic. Useful! We'll let him stay a while.

What we lack right now is a medic. We did find a textbook on medicine, however, so if we can't recruit a doc soon, Karoz may have to do some studying up and become our medic. >.>

*The game actually named her Valkyrie Rose. I thought that was awesome.

Much has occurred since our last update.

Rubycat decided to start off his time with us by going out and promptly walking straight into a feral and a juggernaut at the same time. That almost ended badly, but he was still close enough to base to run back and everyone worked together to gank the jugg. Woo!

We pissed off our alcoholic neighbors when we stopped helping them do dumb shit, and they finally moved on. They were annoying anyway! Some other fine folks have moved into the area. But then we have a thieving problem and had to track down a crew of miscreants - all the damn way on the other side of the map. We tried to be settle things peacefully but they weren't having it. Pixie and @Karoz made short work of them. Hey, they shot first! >.>

We recruited @Madican too... he's a former high school mascot who works too hard - good labor source but low stamina. Still, he turns out to be capable of holding his own. Pixie took him out to do some missions and at one point we somehow attracted the attention of TWO juggernauts. In true neighborly fashion, we led the juggs to the base of some allies and the five of us took care of business. It's juggs everywhere up in here!

And then... well... we recruited @Talus9952 ... and, I dunno man. He may not be allowed to stay long. The guy has a list of issues a mile long and the only damn thing he's good at is movie trivia! I might have to send him out ummm.... to watch for juggernauts...

Anyway, family photo!

And no, we still haven't nominated a leader for the group. Pixie and Karoz are the prime candidates though. Pixie is a sheriff archetype and Karoz is a warlord, and I can't decide. And... we still don't have a medic.

(also, Pixie has passed up Karoz for most kills, with 197, and has one-shotted two ferals now with a pistol)

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    edited May 2020
    EDIT: bah, not worth just reusing the same gag.

Commander Zoom on
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Weirdly accurate for the shooting skill, not so much for the cardio though! Can't wait to see how my virtual self is going to fuck up this decent start!

• Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    edited May 2020
    Replaying Doom, hit the warrens secret level....Like fucking damn, this is what fun masochism feels like.

Edit: reached dis, using an enemy mod, so it was.....painful in a different way.

RoyceSraphim on
  • Options
    cardboard delusionscardboard delusions USAgent PSN: USAgent31Registered User regular
    edited May 2020
    cardboard delusions on
  • Options
    destroyah87destroyah87 They/Them Preferred: She/Her - Please UseRegistered User regular
    Regular reminder. ~4 days remain
    Reminder that the third annual Destroyah's Memorial Day and Memorial Day Adjacent Giveaways are still ongoing!

Running with a new favorite and a couple old classics this time and a personal nostalgia-filled classic. Now with a surprise late entrant. And a surprise surprise nostalgia entry!
    (Had to wait for SteamGifts to update to add in Wonderful 101)

signature.png
    signature.png
    signature.png
    signature.png
    signature.png
    signature.png

All end at noon cst on May 28th. Open to any members of G&T Adventure steam group.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    CaedwyrCaedwyr Registered User regular
    signature.png

Congrats Calidrea (Calidaria?) The_Spaniard Caedwyr emnmnme "Gear Girl"
    Thank you very much. I will enjoy having my mind turned in knots by this game.

• Options
    cardboard delusionscardboard delusions USAgent PSN: USAgent31Registered User regular
    Maniacal laughter ensues.

• Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    Huh, turns out the BFG I have been refusing to use the entire game kills a spiderdeamon really quickly.

• Options
    JazzJazz Registered User regular
    Huh, turns out the BFG I have been refusing to use the entire game kills a spiderdeamon really quickly.

The spider mastermind takes less of a beating than the cyberdemon does, IIRC.

• Options
    CalescentCalescent Registered User regular

signature.png

Many thanks, @cardboard delusions! Now to jump in blindly and create a character whose build is... unorthodox.

Steam: Calidaria
  • Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    Is anybody else having trouble connecting to Steam?

• Options
    JazzJazz Registered User regular
    It's not even Tuesday yet!

• Options
    KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular

Yes, but I figure if I just give it some time to work out its problems, we'll be able to connect at a deeper level than before and our relationship will be even stronger.
    But seriously, the store is taking more time to load but I'm not having any connection issues other than that.

I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
  • Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    edited May 2020

I just want to buy Monster Train already and it won't let me :(

Edit: Success!

Aegis on
    We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    Older posts spoilered.
    Okay so we start off with me, Mal, and Karoz.

Mal is a lichenologist and former paintballer, so we have high hopes here... and for the delightful garden we look forward to having.

Karoz is a former security guard who eats too much but has proven to be pretty handy with a baseball bat, so far killing 37 zombies before we've even really settled in to our new home. A keeper!

And Pixie is just someone with good taste in colors, but also possessing a metric shitload of hit points (high pain tolerance), so that's useful.

Day 2 and we haven't found anybody new yet to join us. Pixie went on something of a crazy run far beyond our comfort zone to find a gun store and eventually came back with a truckload of guns, bullets, and the prize - a crossbow. Got bit a few times, but nothing life-threatening. Racked up 64 kills... mostly with the front end of a pickup truck.

Sent Mal out next to stock us up on basic supplies. Helped out a few neighbors. Got really damn good with the aforementioned crossbow and is now something of a shooting expert. Now has 26 kills, mostly stealth shots with a crossbow. Also, she found some super stylish new duds. Alas, she did get bit a few times too many when she got overloaded with supplies and couldn't outrun an unexpected horde of zeds. She'll be ok, but she needs some rest.

So it's still just 3 survivors on the Adventure Team. But morale is fantastic, we have tons of supplies of all sorts, and more weapons than we need. I think we're in a good place right now...

Our stockpiles continue to grow and morale continues to improve. Karoz went out and helped some locals set up a still (beer!), so there's that I guess. Along the way, she picked up a new weapon and is really living up to her given name of Valkyrie Rose.* She's up to 99 kills and has no fear.

We also just recruited Rubycat into the gang, and he comes to us as a skilled mechanic. Useful! We'll let him stay a while.

What we lack right now is a medic. We did find a textbook on medicine, however, so if we can't recruit a doc soon, Karoz may have to do some studying up and become our medic. >.>

*The game actually named her Valkyrie Rose. I thought that was awesome.

Much has occurred since our last update.

Rubycat decided to start off his time with us by going out and promptly walking straight into a feral and a juggernaut at the same time. That almost ended badly, but he was still close enough to base to run back and everyone worked together to gank the jugg. Woo!

We pissed off our alcoholic neighbors when we stopped helping them do dumb shit, and they finally moved on. They were annoying anyway! Some other fine folks have moved into the area. But then we have a thieving problem and had to track down a crew of miscreants - all the damn way on the other side of the map. We tried to be settle things peacefully but they weren't having it. Pixie and Karoz made short work of them. Hey, they shot first! >.>

We recruited Madican too... he's a former high school mascot who works too hard - good labor source but low stamina. Still, he turns out to be capable of holding his own. Pixie took him out to do some missions and at one point we somehow attracted the attention of TWO juggernauts. In true neighborly fashion, we led the juggs to the base of some allies and the five of us took care of business. It's juggs everywhere up in here!

And then... well... we recruited Talus9952 ... and, I dunno man. He may not be allowed to stay long. The guy has a list of issues a mile long and the only damn thing he's good at is movie trivia! I might have to send him out ummm.... to watch for juggernauts...

Anyway, family photo!

And no, we still haven't nominated a leader for the group. Pixie and Karoz are the prime candidates though. Pixie is a sheriff archetype and Karoz is a warlord, and I can't decide. And... we still don't have a medic.

(also, Pixie has passed up Karoz for most kills, with 197, and has one-shotted two ferals now with a pistol)

Today, Rubycat went in search of his Aunt Isadora, a known prepper who probably has stockpiles of goodies and weapons. Found her house, but no auntie. Or goodies. Just some damn encrypted note. We'll let Ruby work on that for a while.

He also rescued @DaringDirk from some zeds, and Dirk was so grateful that she joined us. Lucky us, because Dirk turns out to be a medic... well, sort of. Also a food hoarder. But that lets Karoz off the hook - she won't have to take a crash course in medicine after all! I think we'll make her the cook. :razz:

Of course, recruiting Dirk put us over capacity for what our little base can handle and, well, Talus really was pretty useless. So Rubycat gave him his walking papers. In the middle of the night. Classy, Ruby. I'm sure Talus will be fine......

After that, we sent Karoz and Madican off in search of a new and bigger base and we have now relocated to a church up on a hill. A bit bigger but also super defensible. The attached graveyard is only a little creepy. Those two wore themselves out and took some bites while clearing out infestations in the area, so next we sent Mal out to scout the area and see what's what.

Mal came back with an Xbox.

Whatcha gonna do? (Mal also really likes flowers.)

Now if we could just get Karoz to lay off all the snack foods. Sheesh.

Pixelated Pixie on
    ~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    KarozKaroz Registered User regular
    FROM MY COLD DEAD HANDS

• Options
    DaringDirkDaringDirk Daddy CEO Oakland, CARegistered User regular
    I don't like the look of Karoz, I bet I've killed more patients than he's treated! Now, young lady, I am an expert on humans. Now pick a mouth, open it and say "Bbrglgrglgrrr"!

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    VikingViking Registered User regular
    @Pixie in a world where the dead rise to eat your face, I question the wisdom of setting up shop next to a graveyard....

steam_sig.png
    Bravely Default / 3DS Friend Code = 3394-3571-1609
  • Options
    Talus9952Talus9952 Registered User regular
    Older posts spoilered.
    And then... well... we recruited @Talus9952 ... and, I dunno man. He may not be allowed to stay long. The guy has a list of issues a mile long and the only damn thing he's good at is movie trivia! I might have to send him out ummm.... to watch for juggernauts...

I can model holding them big guns for you!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Viking wrote: »
    Pixie in a world where the dead rise to eat your face, I question the wisdom of setting up shop next to a graveyard....

I'm sure it'll be fine...

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    Pixie in a world where the dead rise to eat your face, I question the wisdom of setting up shop next to a graveyard....

It's the last place they would expect!

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    Iolo wrote: »

It's the last place they would expect!

Anything that can bust through a casket, claw up through ~6' if dirt, and have the wherewithal to find me is probably very hungry and likely deserves a snack.

• Options
    SumanaiSumanai muh PTRegistered User regular
    Stumbled upon this just now, great news:

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Awesome! :D

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    Still waiting on Postmates Simulator though

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    David Cage is a hack who treats his employees terribly.

• Options
    edited May 2020
    Really enjoying Deliver Us The Moon. I *think* I'm halfway through (just got the monorail to Tombaugh).

It's the right combo of walking sim and mild puzzler for me. Plus it's in Goddamn Space so I'm having fun(!).

I'm not going back to get all the story pieces but it's interesting how they incorporate those bits.

Edit: so far, Gamepass has proved its discounted price for me. If I played a few more games, it would be worth the normal monthly price.

Mugsley on
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    (Previous post here)

So our new home is pretty great. Any time there's an invasion coming, we can usually take care of them all long before they can climb the hill leading up to the church. And having a sniper in the bell tower is just icing on the cake.

Pixie and Rubycat went out and made contact with a really shady fellow operating out of the back of a van in the middle of nowhere. But, he's offering all kinds of cool shit in exchange for completing his bounties, so what could go wrong? One of those bounties is rewarded with a pink SMG with hearts on it. Just sayin'.

(also, Karoz really really wants us to build a gym. She keeps bringing it up. We don't have ROOM for a gym!)

They also set up a new outpost in the police station downtown, so that's handy to have. The whole downtown area is just infested with zeds, though. And juggernauts. And screamers. And bloaters. It's a regular monster mash, I tell ya.

Karoz continues to have strong feelings about our neighbors. To be fair, they are demanding assholes. I guess we finally made them sufficiently mad by ignoring their demands, though. They threatened to shoot on sight. Half an hour later, they sent a "hey, come check out our place" message. Yeah, I think we won't be doing that...

Madican met up with some other neighborly folks that were nicer. He helped them clear out an infestation, which got us on their good side, and then he went patrolling around in a jeep for a bit, feeling all cool and shit. Along the way he stumbled on some woman looking for her lost daughter and who was he to tell her to fuck off? So she hopped in the jeep and off they went. Found the daughter. They're happy. I was kind of hoping they'd want to join us, but nope. They just gave him a textbook on computers and went on their way. So yeah, I guess Madican is gonna become our computer guy.

And we finally settled on a leader. It was between Pixie as a sheriff, Karoz or Mal as warlords, or Rubycat as a trader. Warlording just seems like picking fights and looking for trouble, and trading hasn't been super interesting or useful so far, so I guess we'll play the good guys and sheriff this town.

Today's family photo.

(side note: the next recruit to join us will be Iolo)

Edit: Kill counts:
    Pixie 288
    Karoz 209
    Mal 193
    Rubycat 109
    Madican 71
    Dirk 0

Pixelated Pixie on
    ~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    edited May 2020
    Virtual me is following the path real me split from several years ago and becoming an IT Guy.

Saying it right now but I am not responsible for fixing the Xbox.

Madican on
  • Options
    * Tell @Karoz you don't want to build a fighting gym

* Build a fighting gym

• Options
    We went with a different approach. We sent Karoz out to fight zombies, and while she was gone we upgraded the kitchen and also installed a mini-fridge in her bedroom. "Oh, a gym? Is that what you wanted? How about your own ice cream stash?"

The gym was never mentioned again.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    KarozKaroz Registered User regular
    I'm ok with this

• Options
    McMoogleMcMoogle Registered User regular
    edited May 2020
    Turns out Hellblade was, in fact, a good game.

McMoogle on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I guess it's not nice to point and laugh at others, and then you know @Pixelated Pixie is here to make sure we mind our manners :bigfrown:
    j082D6g.png

• Options
    akajaybayakajaybay Registered User regular
    edited May 2020
    I finished up Trails of Cold Steel 3 and am having a bit of Trails withdrawl now.
    Not that I hadn't necessarily had my fill of Trails, but after...five six Trails games in a row, it's going to take me a bit to acclimate back to playing other things.

I did start up Tales of Berseria (Tales is my Trails methadone I guess). I like the story so far and the cast. Especially the fact I was able to swap the protagonist's shredded scraps of fabric outfit to a nice villager outfit with a cowboy hat and rose corsage pretty quick.
    But the systems seem like so much noise. The menus and item UI are a pain. I'm kind of trying to engage with the combat on the level they're offering, but really mostly I'm just mashing, and there's kind of a lot of fights. Trails fights got a bit mashy and repetitive, but this one is bothering me more.
    I dunno. I'm not entirely sold on it yet. I may look for something else but the library is a yawning chasm of indecision.

akajaybay on
  • Options
    destroyah87destroyah87 They/Them Preferred: She/Her - Please UseRegistered User regular
    @Pixelated Pixie seems to have a miscalibrated calandar. It's a few days off.
    zwwf2xjsi8xc.jpg
    Thank you!

Does this qualify as Current Events?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    McMoogleMcMoogle Registered User regular
    I, too, was wronged by the pink one. @Pixelated Pixie spent too much time listening to bad people in chat. Thought i do admit it looks adorable so thanks nonetheless.
    eqv5fxqoysnz.png

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    I don't know who is in on whatever the hell you guys have done but you are all classholes. And mean. :heartbeat:

• Options
    "wronged"? Hmph. It's a pink kitten with an attitude!

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
This discussion has been closed.