As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Steam] now returns you to your regular programming.

• Options
    KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular
    edited May 2020
    I'm just sitting here browsing the internet and thinking about Animal Crossing, when @Blackhawk1313, decided I had blasphemed the mighty Steam . . .

zg4qtsmai8db.jpg

Thanks!

Kalnaur on
    I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
  • Options
    DaringDirkDaringDirk Daddy CEO Oakland, CARegistered User regular
    Side note. Morale at home is awesome right now. Everyone has tons of positive modifiers for all kinds of things, and we're all sure things are going awesome. But see what makes Dirk happy? Gonna have to watch that one... ;)

THINGS!!! I HOARD ALL THE THINGS SO I CAN HAVE ALL THE THINGS!!!! ALLL!!!!! THEEEE!!!! TTTHHHIIINNGGSS!!!!

Honestly, I'm just glad to be part of the adventure.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    HiT BiTHiT BiT 🍒 Fresh, straight from Pac-man's Registered User regular
  • Options
    HiT BiTHiT BiT 🍒 Fresh, straight from Pac-man's Registered User regular
    header_alt_assets_0.jpg?t=1590734807
    Arma III Kart DLC for free on Steam if you redeem if before the 1st of June:
    https://store.steampowered.com/app/288520/Arma_3_Karts/

• Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    DaringDirk wrote: »
    Side note. Morale at home is awesome right now. Everyone has tons of positive modifiers for all kinds of things, and we're all sure things are going awesome. But see what makes Dirk happy? Gonna have to watch that one... ;)

THINGS!!! I HOARD ALL THE THINGS SO I CAN HAVE ALL THE THINGS!!!! ALLL!!!!! THEEEE!!!! TTTHHHIIINNGGSS!!!!

Honestly, I'm just glad to be part of the adventure.

I keep thinking I should take Dirk out to get some kills and fighting experience but then I'm like, "no, medic. Medic stay home."

... maybe someday.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    ThawmusThawmus +Jackface Registered User regular
    edited May 2020
    Trying to decide if I want to buy Gladius 40k* on Steam or GOG today. Is the multiplayer good or is it like Civ multiplayer in that it's there but you never ever do it because who has the time?

* Edit: Sorry folks, didn't mean to mislead!

Thawmus on
    Twitch: Thawmus83
  • Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    Gladius? On Steam? Aweso-

Wait...WH40K? Why you gotta fuck with me like that?

• Options
    tsmvengytsmvengy Registered User regular
    Thawmus wrote: »
    Trying to decide if I want to buy Gladius on Steam or GOG today. Is the multiplayer good or is it like Civ multiplayer in that it's there but you never ever do it because who has the time?

Got excited that the early-2000s Lucasarts gladiator tactics game was coming to PC but it's just a Warhammer game. :(

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Sorry guys, I had never even heard of the other Gladius, my bad.

• Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    Which one is Gradius?

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    I like the Gradius series quite a bit so this is a fun 180.

• Options
    MassenaMassena Registered User regular
    This Spring Cleaning event is a little depressing. Not because of the event, per se, but because of the mirror it's holding up. What's that? I've got 3 games that I have never actually played? And a helpful AI going through all the stuff I HAVE played and suggesting which games I might like to revisit or try out for the first time?

Cool, I'll get to that, but first I'm gonna fire my Witcher 3 Death March New Game+ run back up and spend some time in Velen and then I might check out Greenskins in Total Warhammer, because I've only put 413 hours into that game (nevermind the first one). I'll get to the Wolf Among us or the Long Dark soon, I swear I will, Steam.

• Options
    JazzJazz Registered User regular
    Thawmus wrote: »
    I like the Gradius series quite a bit so this is a fun 180.

Gradius V should be on Steam and it's criminal that it isn't.

• Options
    JazzJazz Registered User regular
    Massena wrote: »
    This Spring Cleaning event is a little depressing. Not because of the event, per se, but because of the mirror it's holding up. What's that? I've got 3 games that I have never actually played? And a helpful AI going through all the stuff I HAVE played and suggesting which games I might like to revisit or try out for the first time?

Cool, I'll get to that, but first I'm gonna fire my Witcher 3 Death March New Game+ run back up and spend some time in Velen and then I might check out Greenskins in Total Warhammer, because I've only put 413 hours into that game (nevermind the first one). I'll get to the Wolf Among us or the Long Dark soon, I swear I will, Steam.

Oh, my sweet summer child.

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    What annoys me in the Steam events is how often one of the criteria is playing your first games. It's the Orange Box, Steam. It's never gonna change, Steam. Stop trying to make fetch happen, Steam.

• Options
    jclastjclast Registered User regular

I don't mind Warhams, but LucasArts Gladius would be a day 1 buy for me. I'm still bummed that I don't have my GameCube copy anymore. :(

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    jclast wrote: »

I don't mind Warhams, but LucasArts Gladius would be a day 1 buy for me. I'm still bummed that I don't have my GameCube copy anymore. :(

Don't get me wrong. More 40K is always welcome. But this isn't real Gladius!

I still have my oXbox copy, but no access to my oXbox.

• Options
    MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    Jazz wrote: »
    Massena wrote: »

Oh, my sweet summer child.

Yeah really. WTF is this silliness.

I mean, shit, I have more than 3 games I opened for a total of 10 minutes, promised myself I'd go back to, and never played again.

• Options
    bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    If thou gaze long into a backlog, the backlog will also gaze into thee

Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • Options
    IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    LDaDnhe.png

There is no backlog. Play what you want when you want.

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • Options
    Iolo wrote: »
    LDaDnhe.png

There is no backlog. Play what you want when you want.

kbdjjtdq95t9.png

Thank you... I needed to hear this. :lol:

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    Hate the player, not the game.

• Options
    Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular
    Meant to fire up Battletech to clear up my backlog a bit and for something different after finishing two long open world games but I seem to be chipping away at Assassin's Creed Odyssey instead.

Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • Options
    Talus9952Talus9952 Registered User regular
    Talus9952 wrote: »
    Been a while since I've made a giveaway, but here's some!

signature.png

signature.png

signature.png

Ends in a little over 2 days. Come on and enter, don't be shy!

Last call!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    So now that I'm not jarring people's nostalgia for a game that's definitely not Gladius WH40K :smile: , how is Gladius' WH40K multiplayer? Asking because if multiplayer sucks, or there's no chance of ever talking any of you into a game, I'd rather grab it on GOG.

• Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    I'm all for any event that gets you to touch games you forgot about or never touched. Turns out Gish doesn't have full gamepad support out of the box, and also Galak Z is interesting.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    tsmvengytsmvengy Registered User regular
    I completely missed that there was an event, I don't even want to know the actual number of games I've never played.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    tsmvengy wrote: »
    I completely missed that there was an event, I don't even want to know the actual number of games I've never played.

All of them, Katie!

• Options
    Triple BTriple B Bastard of the North MARegistered User regular
    Woo! Always wanted to try Phoenix Wright. Thanks for the giveaway @Talus9952 you classy person you

Steam/XBL/PSN: FiveAgainst1
  • Options
    Talus9952Talus9952 Registered User regular
    Talus9952 wrote: »
    Been a while since I've made a giveaway, but here's some!

signature.png

signature.png

signature.png

Ends in a little over 2 days. Come on and enter, don't be shy!

And we have winners!

Despite that 6% chance to hit, @Gear Girl hits her mark and beats the opposition! Congratz and have fun with XCOM: Chimera Squad!

Despite all those objections, @Triple B prevails! Congratz on winning Phoenix Wright!

Put your super suit on @übergeek , and have fun with Injustice 2!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    übergeekübergeek Sector 2814Registered User regular
    Thanks @Talus ! I was planning on playing through 1 and 2 straight through. I can pick up the hero pack at sale time and I'll hopefully be ready to start 1 by then.

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    ZavianZavian universal peace sounds better than forever war Registered User regular
    edited May 2020
    there I was in chat, being super innocent....
    Jdm6yEI.jpg
    WHEN A MONSTER STRUCK!
    TqCTf2b.jpg
    Damn wizards and their hats!
    Much thanks @Pixelated Pixie (and Five!) for the Warhammer 2 DLC, I love me some dark elves and skaven <3<3<3

Zavian on
  • Options
    Werewolf2000adWerewolf2000ad Suckers, I know exactly what went wrong. Registered User regular
    edited May 2020
    Does anyone want my copies of Jurassic World Evolution or XCOM 2 from the latest Humble Choice? (XCOM 2 will be the base game only, I've taken the DLC.)

EDIT: Jurassic World claimed by Florin!

Werewolf2000ad on
    steam_sig.png
    EVERYBODY WANTS TO SIT IN THE BIG CHAIR, MEG!
  • Options
    7szwyha6yyxh.png

Dammit @Spoit ... you know what this means, right? >.>

Thanks wizard! <3<3<3

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    übergeekübergeek Sector 2814Registered User regular
    Does anyone want my copies of Jurassic World Evolution or XCOM 2 from the latest Humble Choice? (XCOM 2 will be the base game only, I've taken the DLC.)

I wish we still had gift inventories. I miss having stuff saved up to hand out, or in this case something to trade. Also level 200 and 2000+ games? Jesus, it's like I haven't even been trying. =)

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    Triple B wrote: »
    Woo! Always wanted to try Phoenix Wright. Thanks for the giveaway Talus9952 you classy person you

You’ve never played PW? I’m so envious of you getting to go in fresh.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    FYI WH40K: Mechanicus is an historic low on Steam. Upgrade to Omnissiah Edition is $3.50 US more

• Options
    ZavianZavian universal peace sounds better than forever war Registered User regular
    I was monstered again on account of wizard hats!
    oq72TeA.jpg
    Much thanks @Pixelated Pixie (and @Spoit !) for the Two Point Hospital DLC <3<3<3

• Options
    AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    Thank you @Big Classy for Jedi Fallen Order on PC. I actually own this on PS4 - just got it last week in fact - but if I ever get a gaming PC again I will definitely play it cranked up to see any differences!

The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    (Previous post)

We start off tonight's adventure with a list of things to -- oh look, zeds are attacking our base before I even have time to figure out which survivor I left off controlling.

/fast forward 3 minutes/

*Karoz dusts off her pants and wipes her blade clean* ... Okay, so we have a list of things to do. Starting with doing something about these Plague Hearts. We've kind of been ignoring them so far (we've destroyed 1 of 12, and that was quite a while ago). So Karoz grabs Rubycat and our two strongest fighters head off to -- oh, ffs. Seems Chippy is on the radio and would like us to help some newcomers settle in to a base by clearing of its current occupants. Well, that's in the direction of a Plague Heart, so sure, why not. Off we go. We'll just knock out this Plague Heart and then go help Chippy's friends.

/fast forward 10 minutes/

Fuck Plague Hearts!

Okay so Karoz and Rubycat destroyed it but they got swarmed. Hard. Overrun like crazy. Both of them nearly died, and both of them ended up with the Blood Plague. And according to the timer, Karoz has less than 7 minutes to live. And we have no cures with us. Well, shit.

*cue one very desperate and crazy drive back home*

Karoz gets to the medicine stash with 4 minutes to spare.

She stabs herself with the cure and then gives Rubycat a dose. And then they both collapse into bed. That was way too close.

Well then. Madican? You're up! And take Iolo with you. Chippy's friends still need help.

So off go Madican and Iolo in our spare jeep. They clear out a base for the new enclave (called The Strangers) and almost immediately get a call from someone named @Jazz ... she says another enclave moved into the area and murdered her friends and she needs help. Well, who are we to turn down executing some justice on some murderin' types? We scramble down the road, pick up Jazz and... oh goddammit, there's only two seats in this jeep. Why do I keep forgetting that? Well, looks like Iolo is taking the walk home and Madican and Jazz go get some justice.

Well, the murderers don't wanna talk about things. They just start shooting, so that situation got uncomplicated fast. There were three of them, and now there are none. Jazz feels better but also still has no home so she asks if she can join us.

We're already short one bed, so of course we can't take on another person. That would be silly!

"Sure thing!" says Madican.

Right, now we definitely need a bigger home. Time to start scouting one out. But first, to get Jazz back to the base and introduce her to the others. Along the way, they clear out a couple infestations just for the morale boost at home. Now let's see what our new family member is like? Oh! She's a decoy. And kind of a badass. Perfect! Welcome to the team, Jazz!

Madican and Jazz settle down for a rest and Karoz and Rubycat, all refreshed, head out again, this time to scout out a new base and to make contact with a wandering trader that hints at rare goods.

Oh, but it seems Mal has an idea of her own...

Bad Mal!

Iolo still disapproves.

Mal is Mal.

We're gonna have to have a talk about this at some point. But not right now. Karoz and Ruby leave, hook up with the trader, where they trade for a sweet upgrade kit for a pickup truck (we just need to get a pickup truck), and then go scout out a potential new base - a frigging fort made out of shipping containers. Okay, that's cool. They set up an outpost nearby in a convenience store (Karoz raids the candy aisle while they're there), and we start making plans for moving house... again...

---

Kill counts!

Pixie - 460
    Karoz - 413
    Rubycat - 250
    Mal - 229
    Madican - 165
    Iolo - 128
    Dirk - 0
    Jazz - 0

Plague hearts destroyed: 2/12

The next person to join us will be Isy. After that I only have 3 more names, so if anyone wants to be added to the list, let me know...

Pixelated Pixie on
    ~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
This discussion has been closed.