As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Steam] now returns you to your regular programming.

• Options
    HiT BiTHiT BiT 🍒 Fresh, straight from Pac-man's Registered User regular
    edited May 2020
    I just got an email saying that I won destroyah's Wacky Wheels giveaway!
    Sweet shareware memories!
    Thank you very much, @destroyah87 ! <3

HiT BiT on
  • Options
    DrovekDrovek Registered User regular
    Zavian wrote: »
    Steam has announced officially a Cloud gaming initiative:
    Steam Cloud Play is currently in Beta and features are being added over time. We are now accepting a limited amount of games into the service as we continue to build features and server capacity for players. The first service we are connecting to Steam to allow users to play games from their Steam Library from the Cloud is
    Nvidia GeForce NOW

.There are more details below about how to opt your game(s) into the service as well as answers to a few common questions below.

Currently Nvidia GeForce NOW is available in North America, Western Europe and Asia Pacific. Currently, Steam users will need to download the GeForce Now client and connect their Steam account to the GFN service to play their Steam Library. The user may pay a subscription cost to use the GFN service. Customers will continue to acquire games on Steam the same way they do today, and partner payouts will remain the same.

These cloud services enable Steam users to play their Steam library in the cloud, one game at a time, like they can on their local PC. Developers must manually opt-in the games they wish to make available on GeForce NOW.

Below are instructions that show you how to sign up your game in Steamworks. We are using a whitelist of games that have signed up in Steamworks. Please make sure to take the steps below to ensure your Steam game is approved for GeForce NOW in Steamworks and will be available on the GFN service after it has been checked by NVIDIA.

I know a lot of people have dismissed GeForce Now, but it really is a game changer for people like me who can’t afford a gaming PC. I’ve been playing Total War Three Kingdoms on GeForce Now, and it’s the first time in decades I’ve been able to play a Total War game on Ultra settings. It’s been very smooth, no lag or disconnections, though I am running it wired on a great connection. GeForce Now also will support RTX raytracing for Cyberpunk upon release. I’m so glad Valve is embracing it and offering compatibility with any developer that wants it. I think it’s a really great feature to have and really will open up a lot of games that were previously unplayable for a lot of gamers

Oh, thanks for bringing this up!

I just tried a match of R6 Siege and it worked wonders.

The make-or-break for me right now is no current steering wheel support, which is pretty much most of my game time. :lol: Once they have that, it'll be great. Pretty much covers my main complaint with Stadia (re-buying games on top of a subscription) and doesn't seem to be any worse of a service.

steam_sig.png( < . . .
  • Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    Balls!

• Options
    cardboard delusionscardboard delusions USAgent PSN: USAgent31Registered User regular
    Polaritie wrote: »
    Oh, you guys decided to double-tap him. So what's tomorrow?

No spoilers.

Nothing as exciting, just some screws to properly mount the tv.

• Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    I knew you had some screws loose, but I didn't know you were sending them to Isy.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    cardboard delusionscardboard delusions USAgent PSN: USAgent31Registered User regular
    Damn @Iolo sending me back to the Tombs! A key for Shadow of the Tomb Raider Definitive lots of other stuff version!

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular

No spoilers.

...so when does he get mailed the keys to a house to mount it in?

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular

No spoilers.

Shhh! We’re supposed to wait for Mr.Beast to upload the video first!

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular
    A few further thoughts on Punch Club:

Something about the janky systems, broken English, and dialogue reminded me of some other games I played and I looked to see if they were developed by the same team. They were not but I did discover that Lazy Bear were the ones that made Graveyard Keeper. That game also had uneven dialogue (though better edited than Punch Club's, something I'd hope for given Punch Club being the earlier game), issues with pacing (going from a ton to juggle to mostly passing the days later on as some activities close off), and having the gameplay of a 90s Japanese made hit mixed with a different premise (though it could be argued that Graveyard Keeper was more an homage to Stardew Valley than Harvest Moon). It's an odd niche but they do seem to be finding subject matter not really covered in games. I can't recall another game about trying to work through the amateur martial arts sports scene to become a professional fighter.
    IIRC, the devs said they couldn't patch out the stat deterioration but would fix it in Punch Club 2, which exists and came and went without much fanfare.

I'm guessing they meant they couldn't take out the stat decay and rebalance the game for it. I can imagine you quickly outpacing even the late game opponents if there was no decay given how your money and food troubles largely disappear later in the game unless you misclick on some buttons (and even then it only took a day of grinding pizza delivery jobs to get back into the swing of things).

Punch Club 2 is listed as still in development and with a 2020 target release date but who knows if that's still on track or not. I'm interested for sure. The developer's games are seriously flawed but go in such batshit insane directions at times I end up wanting to see what they'll think was a good idea next.

Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • Options
    Ack! CMON NOW! @Pixelated Pixie it's @destroyah87 's bday! Thank you, this looks really cool -

boHOBpu.png

• Options
    MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    MNC Dover wrote: »

No spoilers.

Shhh! We’re supposed to wait for Mr.Beast to upload the video first!

Ty Pennington is going to pull up to his parents' place in a bus and demolition (with questionable quality speedy rebuilding) will ensue

• Options
    destroyah87destroyah87 They/Them Preferred: She/Her - Please UseRegistered User regular
    Mugsley wrote: »
    Oh what's this? Today is destroyah87 's bday? Huh.

What no it isn't.

Ok, it is.
    dbtc45rb0wkl.jpg
    5v0t73p3rutz.jpg
    dsvkyn2qjo9e.jpg
    7v7cmgzavfbt.jpg
    lapnla6tvhu5.jpg
    ba4dt2m9m6rz.jpg

Thanks @cardboard delusions for Curse of the Dead Gods, @Madican for Yu-Gi-Oh, @Talus9952 for Phantom Doctrine, @Karoz for Rise of Industry, @EvmaAlsar for Universim, and @Asthariel for Warhammer 40k: Mechanicus.

Now to send out the steamgifts giveaway winners.

Astroneer goes to @Mugsley
    Forsaken Remastered is won by @Gear Girl
    Granblue Fantasy: Versus goes to @The_Spaniard
    Wonderful 101: Remastered has a new home with @jclast
    Breathedge winner is @The_Spaniard
    Wacky Wheels is owed by @HiT BiT as he mentioned upthread.

Thank for joining the giveaways and please mark gift as received.

And thanks @Pixelated Pixie for gifting @cardboard delusions It's really the perfect gift.

Thanks again everyone and enjoy! ps: anyone that happens to quote this post, please strip out all @ notifications for sanity of others.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    The_SpaniardThe_Spaniard It's never lupines Irvine, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    Many classy thanks to @Jragghen for the random gifting of Sinner: Sacrifice for Redemption, and @destroyah87 for cheating the system so that I could win his SteamGifts giveaways for Granblue Fantasy: Versus and Breathedge.

Playstation/Origin/GoG: Span_Wolf Xbox/uPlay/Bnet: SpanWolf Nintendo: Span_Wolf SW-7097-4917-9392 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Span_Wolf/
  • Options
    damnit @Spoit don't follow the madness! fRsD2qA.png

• Options
    @Karoz strikes with a humble choice of Jurassic World Evolution. Goddamnit it is not my day!

• Options
    edited May 2020
    Karoz strikes with a humble choice of Jurassic World Evolution. Goddamnit it is not my day!

Not gonna lie... I find this hilarious. :lol:

Pixelated Pixie on
    ~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    @akajaybay strikes with a key as well and sends Hollow Knight. What if I just go away for a bit...

• Options
    jclastjclast Registered User regular
    Oh what's this? Today is destroyah87 's bday? Huh.

What no it isn't.

Ok, it is.
    dbtc45rb0wkl.jpg
    5v0t73p3rutz.jpg
    dsvkyn2qjo9e.jpg
    7v7cmgzavfbt.jpg
    lapnla6tvhu5.jpg
    ba4dt2m9m6rz.jpg

Thanks cardboard delusions for Curse of the Dead Gods, Madican for Yu-Gi-Oh, Talus9952 for Phantom Doctrine, Karoz for Rise of Industry, EvmaAlsar for Universim, and Asthariel for Warhammer 40k: Mechanicus.

Now to send out the steamgifts giveaway winners.

Astroneer goes to Mugsley
    Forsaken Remastered is won by Gear Girl
    Granblue Fantasy: Versus goes to The_Spaniard
    Wonderful 101: Remastered has a new home with jclast
    Breathedge winner is The_Spaniard
    Wacky Wheels is owed by HiT BiT as he mentioned upthread.

Thank for joining the giveaways and please mark gift as received.

And thanks Pixelated Pixie for gifting cardboard delusions It's really the perfect gift.

Thanks again everyone and enjoy! ps: anyone that happens to quote this post, please strip out all @ notifications for sanity of others.

Wow thank you! I can't wait to try it out! :)

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    @akajaybay strikes with a key as well and sends Hollow Knight. What if I just go away for a bit...

You can run, but you can't hide.

• Options
    I don't understand how Destroyah gets to give gifts on his birthday. Like he's some modern Jesus or something.

• Options
    IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    Thanks very much @Caedwyr for a GoG copy of an all-time, super classic: Baldur's Gate II!!

Much appreciated! <3

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • Options
    Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular
    I don't understand how Destroyah gets to give gifts on his birthday. Like he's some modern Jesus or something.

Nothing in the rules of engagement prohibits the birthday entity from also sending out gifts in return. Or as preemptive strikes.

Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • Options
    CaedwyrCaedwyr Registered User regular
    Iolo wrote: »
    Thanks very much Caedwyr for a GoG copy of an all-time, super classic: Baldur's Gate II!!

Much appreciated! <3

Since Steam would not allow me to gift you games I had to get a little bit creative.

• Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular

Nothing in the rules of engagement prohibits the birthday entity from also sending out gifts in return. Or as preemptive strikes.

Or throwing other people under the bus. Like the mad lad who gifted isy a tv. All. By. Himself. With absolutely no other accomplices to share the blame

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DaringDirkDaringDirk Daddy CEO Oakland, CARegistered User regular
    This thread makes me so happy! Seriously, with how 2020 is going, y'all do a great job of keeping the depression demons at bay. Love ya!

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    I wish I could participate more, but Steam chat never ceases to be awesome every time I drop in

• Options
    2fp96otexvwr.png
    47aomskog4ak.png

I came home to find badly-wrapped and kitteh-chewed packages on my porch. Thanks @JaysonFour for not being able to control your cats.

And I was also keyed by @Jazz for no apparent reason and now I have Cities: Skylines, which is cool because I haven't played any kind of city sim in years but I used to be a huge SimCity fan so this should be fun to dig into.

Thanks! <3<3<3

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    JazzJazz Registered User regular
    Which begs the question even more as to how come you didn't have it! Glad to be of assistance.

• Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    Free Arx Fatalis if you go here https://bethesda.net/en/hub/arkane20 and don't mind dealing with the bethseda launcher.

Steam: offday
  • Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    Soooooo what im hearing is @cardboard delusions is the man upon which my vengeance shall be...ehm.... AVENGED!

• Options
    Big Classy wrote: »
    Soooooo what im hearing is "cardboard delusions" is the man upon which my vengeance shall be...ehm.... AVENGED!

Yeah, it was all Agent.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    IsornIsorn Registered User regular
    Big Classy wrote: »
    Soooooo what im hearing is cardboard delusions is the man upon which my vengeance shall be...ehm.... AVENGED!

I don't think you need to worry about that too much Isy.

Pretty sure Agent unfairly threw a few dozen people under the bus so I imagine they would want revenge. You could probably just sit it out.

• Options
    akajaybayakajaybay Registered User regular
    Wiv9ybv.png
    Ok first up in the next batch is @SoundsPlush VS @anoffday
    Send me your choice of Rock Paper or Scissors via PM when you get a chance.

And here's the full lineup for this round in case anyone's curious.
    Soundsplush
    Anoffday
    ---
    Iolo
    Orivon
    --
    Betsuni
    Mugsley
    --
    Emnmnme
    Jclast
    --
    An_Alt
    Madican
    --
    Florin
    CorriganX

• Options
    destroyah87destroyah87 They/Them Preferred: She/Her - Please UseRegistered User regular
    More gifts from people.

@Spoit for Heaven's Vault
    @The_Spaniard for a key for Katamari Damacy Reroll
    @Jazz for Adpetus Titanicus Dominus
    @Pixelated Pixie for $25 of SteamBux, I'll use it well.
    @Big Classy for Destroy All Humans

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    AsheAshe Registered User regular
    bx5ajw2ust0j.png

Norsca belongs to the NORD...s...scans?

Thanks @Karoz for Norsca! Perfect timing as I'd just re-taken Karak Eight Peaks with my squig-boy Skarsnik, so up for a new challenge!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    shdwcastershdwcaster South DakotaRegistered User regular
    Spoit wrote: »

Or throwing other people under the bus. Like the mad lad who gifted isy a tv. All. By. Himself. With absolutely no other accomplices to share the blame

Isn’t that pretty much the classic Hobbit Birthday celebration?

• Options
    I'm trying to remind people it's @destroyah87's birthday and frigging @akajaybay is like, sure here is a thing.
    BRCpYcH.png

and while I'm typing this he's like oops another thing
    lROlT4F.png

this is irrational! sigh.

• Options
    I keep clicking help but nothing is working:
    Kgk0wsS.png

damnit @Pixelated Pixie

• Options
    (Previous post)

Let me preface tonight's update with a simple disclaimer: Goddammit, Mal!

I guess that also works as a tl;dr.

But for those who want more details, let's see how tonight went.

We start off with plans! Things on the to-do list. Things we want to accomplish and supplies we want to find. But nooooo. Instead we immediately get a radio call from a group called The Settlers, looking for the sheriff to sort out their problems. Apparently one of their members was killed and they believe the murderer was another of their members, who is now on the run. So Pixie tosses the to-do list on the midden heap, grabs Rubycat, and off we go to visit The Settlers and see what they can tell us about their fugitive member. Of course, Karoz has objections. Oh well.

Pixie and Rubycat take the fully modded zed-killing jeep and drive over to The Settlers' place. There, they tell us about their suspicions about Chippy and where we can find her, and ask us to go bring her back for trial. Trial? Sure, whatever buddy. But off we go. Naturally, Chippy is clear across the map, because why not. But eventually we get there, just in time to rescue Chippy from an attack by a horde, 2 screamers, and (of course) a juggernaut. Fortunately, Rubycat is an expert juggernaut killer by now, though Pixie does get the killing blow. I suppose we could have just let Chippy die and ended the mission there and then but we didn't. So afterward, Chippy tells us she stashed the gun that The Settlers believe she used in the murder, but if we help her get it, she can prove her innocence. Oh well, that sounds perfectly reasonable, right? We do so. Naturally, the gun is stashed in a building that is now infested, so we deal with that too. We grab the gun, grab Chippy, and ... well shit. This jeep only seats two. Sorry, Rubycat, you gotta take the long walk home. Pixie and Chippy take the jeep and drive back to The Settlers. Lo and behold, they realize she couldn't have killed the other guy with this gun because it doesn't match the bullet hole. Fuck, we're dealing with regular forensic pathologists here or something. Anyway, they realize it must have been a different member of the enclave, a fight breaks out, someone gets killed, and everyone else is happy. Chippy is welcomed back into the group, and The Settlers are now allies and promise to supply us with stuff to fight plague hearts whenever we need. That's cool.

Side note. Morale at home is awesome right now. Everyone has tons of positive modifiers for all kinds of things, and we're all sure things are going awesome. But see what makes Dirk happy? Gonna have to watch that one... ;)

Pixie returns home just in time to overhear Mal come up with an idea.

And Iolo breaks it down.

Mal insists she knows where we can find a really good stash of prescription meds. Naturally, these could be useful, so over some objections from Iolo, we agree to let Mal go look for them. She takes Madican with her (sorry, Madican... if we knew then what we know now...), hops in the super fancy 4x4 we earned from the bounty broker, and heads out...

... and runs over a bloater, causing her and Madican to both get sick and fatigued. /sigh/

They continue on, however. After all, they just have to drive a ways, search one building, load the truck, and come back. What could go wrong....

A juggernaut. That's what. As soon as they park the truck in front of the restaurant they're searching (Mal, why are prescription drugs hidden in a restaurant?), zeds come from every direction as well as a goddamn juggernaut. And us with no Rubycat. Or shotgun. Or sledgehammer.

This fight goes poorly. At one point, the juggernaut flips the truck and hits it so hard it explodes. There goes the ride home. All of our ammo and most of our health later, Mal gets the killing blow and they can assess their injuries. Mal is hurting. But Madican is fucked. Badly wounded AND infected with blood plague. Mal briefly considers the options. Okay, right, so only one thing to do...

... find the drugs and hurry home and hope Dirk can cure Madican. We've never had anyone actually get infected before.

Oh right, the truck. It asploded. No biggie... Mal pulls a toolkit out of the back of it and does some quick field repairs learned from Rubycat and the truck is functional again, if badly damaged (video game logic, love it). She finds the drugs in the restaurant - a whole fucking rucksack full of them - and they return to base, limply. The truck handles like it has 3 flat tires and smoke rolls out from under the hood the whole time. But they make it.

Iolo's concern is not for the nearly-dead but the drugs.

Mal's cheerful response.

Luckily, Dirk is able to whip up some blood plague cure (where'd she learn to do that??) and Madican is quickly cured. And that's where we leave off, having done none of what I planned on doing when I started tonight.

(side note: the game patched today, so the community editor currently doesn't work, so I can't open the file to get kill counts, and I can't rename any future survivors until they update the editor.)

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    Talus9952Talus9952 Registered User regular
    Talus9952 wrote: »
    Been a while since I've made a giveaway, but here's some!

signature.png

signature.png

signature.png

Ends in a little over 2 days. Come on and enter, don't be shy!

Less than a day left! Get your entries in!

steam_sig.png
This discussion has been closed.