As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WH40K] Battle Forge is here

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Fuck trying to find a single can of leadbelcher

I do need to get chaos black primer and some other paints my deadline is mid Oct then I will wait until after the winter
    Just other things like what is going on at work and how it will probably be horrible this fall into winter I feel getting the paints that will complete my things I can prime and have primed and just continuing to work on my tyranid army are the goals I still have

• Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    Supplu lines are just super fucked right now

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options

I know this weekend is a tax free weekend for back to school here and my brother wanted to get some shirts and socks . There was nothing as well as the the curious case of why is soy sauce so hard to get?

• Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    Brainleech wrote: »

I know this weekend is a tax free weekend for back to school here and my brother wanted to get some shirts and socks . There was nothing as well as the the curious case of why is soy sauce so hard to get?

International shipping is like 6 flavors of shit right now.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2020

I got the other day a order from a reseller in Europe that I bought back in March

And something I else that was shipped from Texas took nearly a month to arrive

Brainleech on
  • Options

I got the other day a order from a reseller in Europe that I bought back in March

Been waiting 3 months for something from Hong Kong

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    edited August 2020
    Szeras was a pain. I had to clip off this little tube part connecting to the front right leg from the crotch because it wouldn't go into the little slot there. There is also a bit of a gap on that leg where I connects to the hip. This is the leg stepping on the dude. At least the tube wont be noticeable and i can out some green stuff/liquid green stuff in the gap.

So annoyed though. Didn't want to have to do something like clipping off that piece.

Edit: Models trashed. I tried to fix where the energy stuff attached to the arm cause it was in the wrong spot but it didn't look bad in the slightest and would have been 100% fine if I hadn't tried to fix it. Broke off a leg cause I pushed too hard without realizing and it wouldn't go back into place, head of the weapon broke off. It was a mess and I don't care enough to keep trying to fix it.

I'm just gonna use it for conversion bits. I wasn't gonna use it anyway, just thought it looked cool. Still a big old waste of $50. I'm so frustrated with myself.

Stragint on
    PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • Options
    JJ Rabbit GangmemberRegistered User regular
    Dude....how? :(

I know GW models are getting a bit like a 3D puzzle, but step away from anything you are not sure of or getting frustrated with!

• Options
    J wrote: »

I know GW models are getting a bit like a 3D puzzle, but step away from anything you are not sure of or getting frustrated with!

Yea, I should definitely have left it alone and relaxed after the leg broke instead of continuing to try and fix it and make it work.

I've been having a lot of stress in the last few days so I made a bad choice with this model.

What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

• Options
    Stragint wrote: »
    J wrote: »

Yea, I should definitely have left it alone and relaxed after the leg broke instead of continuing to try and fix it and make it work.

I've been having a lot of stress in the last few days so I made a bad choice with this model.

I know the stress from work effecting things

• Options
    SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    Fuck trying to find a single can of leadbelcher

I have an unused can of Averland Sunset that I am hording for whenever I get around to getting serious about painting my Ork vehicles.

The quality of color and consistency of coverage on the Leadbelcher spray is the best that I have seen from GW's cans. I've been using it for some of my Titanicus models and I love it.

• Options
    I for the most part recovered the torso of Szeras but I can't get the legs to sit right at all so those are kind of screwed.

After this I think I'm just gonna build the rest of the Indomitus HQs and not worry about them all having the same pose. Not like they will all be on the table at the same time anyway.

• Options
    I'm moving this week, I scored a really solid under market deal on an apartment that I plan tonlive in whike I continue saving up the downpayment for a house. It's a two bedroom, which means I'll be able to have a home office again, but it also means I'll be able to set up a dedicated fullsize table.

That means I can finally start building the ludicrous amount of boxes of Warhammer terrain that have somehow been piling up, including the old Imperial City box that I bought from a friend a few months back. I'm pretty excited.

I'm gonna need a bigger drybrush I think.

• Options
    BizazedoBizazedo Registered User regular
    Played a quick 500 game as I and friends adjust to the Covid Reality. I was using the new Skorpekh Destroyers and the Skorpekh Lord. He was Blood Angels.

He had a Librarian Dread plow into my guys and destroy my Skorpekh Lord in melee (after hitting him with a 3 damage smite). The Lord then resurrected on a 4++ ( :hydra: ) and then on my turn I countercharged with Skorpekh Destroyers.

They tore him apart.

I like my Skorpekhs.

Also, my Szeras in progress -

KXtmmP1.jpg

XBL: Bizazedo
    PSN: Bizazedo
    CFN: Bizazedo (I don't think I suck, add me).
  • Options
    The fact that the new 9th edition FAQ has to clarify that Fortifications cannot be placed in Reserve makes me laugh at how dumb it is that they explicitely have to address this, while simultaneously making me cry at how dumb it is that they explicitely have to address this.

• Options
    There was a FAQ to saga of the beast today and finally updated Ulrik the Slayer and now he has litanies.

• Options
    The fact that the new 9th edition FAQ has to clarify that Fortifications cannot be placed in Reserve makes me laugh at how dumb it is that they explicitely have to address this, while simultaneously making me cry at how dumb it is that they explicitely have to address this.

I can't remember which rule it was for, but my favorite patch note / FAQ note had to have been when they led off with "We can't believe we have to say this, but...."

• Options
    Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    edited August 2020
    Someone posted what seem to be the new Terminator stats that come with the instructions.

3 wounds now, 12 inch heavy flamers, swapped the damage profiles for chainfists and power fists, and confirmed that power swords are +1 S going forward.

Der Waffle Mous on
    Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • Options
    Frontline gaming got back to me and is sending me a return to sender label. Asked if I could buy just the terrain and send back only the mat. Always down for more terrain.

• Options
    NoughtNought Registered User regular
    Stragint I keep forgetting to mention this. If you want to use even more money, TTcombat has some Necron MDF terrain. Not sure about the price in the US, but here in Europe they are very cheap.

The Necron stuff is called Cyber - blank-.

I bought some on a whim, but I have literally a two feet stack of lasercut mdf terrain I haven't done anything with, so I can't say for sure that they live up to the pictures.

Just wanted to mention it as I think it looks a little bit better than what you linked.

On fire
    Island. Being on fire.
  • Options
    Nought wrote: »
    Stragint I keep forgetting to mention this. If you want to use even more money, TTcombat has some Necron MDF terrain. Not sure about the price in the US, but here in Europe they are very cheap.

The Necron stuff is called Cyber - blank-.

I bought some on a whim, but I have literally a two feet stack of lasercut mdf terrain I haven't done anything with, so I can't say for sure that they live up to the pictures.

Just wanted to mention it as I think it looks a little bit better than what you linked.

Yea, they definitely have some cool stuff that I like way more than frontline and I've looked at theirs before. I've always been really tempted to get the pylons they offer. I will probably eventually get some, especially the one that looks like a huge bunker, I think that would look cool in the middle of a table.

Only reason I'm even willing to buy another set of all the frontline is because it is already sitting in my house.

• Options
    -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    Ive been looking at getting a small Salamanders army, since I loved playing them in 3rd and the new Primaris stuff looks cool.

Looking at list building and are Primaris just really short on transport options? Either a Razorback or Land Raider equivalent. No cheap 10 man transport or drop pod?

• Options
    -Loki- wrote: »
    Ive been looking at getting a small Salamanders army, since I loved playing them in 3rd and the new Primaris stuff looks cool.

Looking at list building and are Primaris just really short on transport options? Either a Razorback or Land Raider equivalent. No cheap 10 man transport or drop pod?

Impulsor?

Also, Salamanders eh? Just in time for Terminators to get bumped to 3 wounds and their flamers to go to 12 inches :).

• Options
    -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    Bizazedo wrote: »

Impulsor?

Also, Salamanders eh? Just in time for Terminators to get bumped to 3 wounds and their flamers to go to 12 inches :).

Impulsors are 6 models, Repulsors are 300+ points with lots of guns. That’s a Razorback and a Land Raider, comparatively.

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    I am still curious what my Deathwatch will look like with the new codex. Since they are smashing every marine codex into one.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    Primaris Marines not having a low cost Rhino analogue is a pretty big oversight. The Impulsor would have been perfect I think. Having your only ground based option for quickly transporting 10 dudes being an almost 400 point insano battle tank is pretty lame. The Impulsor is right there! Transport capacity 10, one to two Heavy Stubbers, anti gravitic field, bingo rhino.

Maybe GW is trying to wring a few more years out of people buying Tacticals and standard Rhinos or something.

• Options
    The Impulsor doesn’t even have the big gun that was the reason for Razorbacks losing some transport capacity.

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    The Impulsor doesn’t even have the big gun that was the reason for Razorbacks losing some transport capacity.

Nah they just have 4++ and the fly word.

And the ability to move and have people jump out and shoot afterwards.

Impulsors are fine without the turret.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    Mazzyx wrote: »

I wasn’t saying they weren’t? Just that transports in 40k tend to follow the rule of ‘transport 10 models unless you have a big gun, then transport 5/6 model’. And Space Marines set that rule with the unarmed Rhino with capacity 10, armed Razorback with capacity 6.

• Options
    Mazzyx wrote: »

I am still upset the various eldar transports don't get the move and deploy rule

• Options
    edited August 2020
    I’d love it on my Rockgrinders.

I could get it on my Goliath trucks but only in a special detachment (which doesn’t exist anymore), spending a CP, and losing models on a 1 as if the transport exploded.

-Loki- on
  • Options
    They have a new galactic map
    wctf2vdca05a.png
    On the 40k site
    I did not know where the Flesh tearers homeworld was. I thought Ulthwe hung out near the eye of terror not way out there
    I thought Mandragora was in the scar from the previous necron codex

• Options
    edited August 2020
    The last thing Space Marines need is an efficient 10 unit transport for Primaris. They already got enough good stuff.

Last year a friend got a bunch of Tau stuff for free from a dude at the LGS. He had no time to commit to army and wanted to give them away to someone who could use them. My friend ended up not being too interested in actually playing 40k so he gave me the stuff which was very cool of him.

I got 3 devilfish, a sun shark bomber, a box of battlesuits, a ghostkeel, a storm surge, some vapid, kroot, and the little kroot riding on the back of the weird ape thing with a gun.

Also got some cool Tau collector edition rules thing that weirdly has booklets for white scars, raven guard, cadians, and assassins and some cool looking numbered coin tokens.

Don't think there was anything else, definitely adds a lot of stuff to the Tau I already had.

Stragint on

• Options
    daveNYCdaveNYC Why universe hate Waspinator? Registered User regular
    They have a new galactic map
    ...image snip...
    On the 40k site
    I did not know where the Flesh tearers homeworld was. I thought Ulthwe hung out near the eye of terror not way out there
    I thought Mandragora was in the scar from the previous necron codex

I'm pretty sure that Ulthwe did hang out close to the Eye, which is why they had so many Farseerers. Or at least that was a thing a few editions ago.

Shut up, Mr. Burton! You were not brought upon this world to get it!
  • Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    Stragint wrote: »
    The last thing Space Marines need is an efficient 10 unit transport for Primaris. They already got enough good stuff.

Seriously. I'm not saying this to be salty, but Marines have more units just in the Dedicated Transport slot than one of my factions has in their entire Codex. Is that really not enough?

• Options
    They did pre scar
    t9r0jdiwal9j.png

gooczci6p9gh.png
    But it also seems they moved Siam hann way out to the edge as well

• Options
    Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
    Yeah, I bet Eldrad was all like “OK, I know you guys don’t like me much R/N but hear me out; the mon-keigh fucked up again and that idiot with the daemon sword s gonna rip the galaxy a new one. We seriously need to move the Craftworld right the hell now.”

...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
  • Options
    That interactive map is neat. It's also saying Drukhari Cults are finding and setting free C'tan shards from the Necron.

What the hell, Burnage?!

• Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    Mr_Rose wrote: »
    Yeah, I bet Eldrad was all like “OK, I know you guys don’t like me much R/N but hear me out; the mon-keigh fucked up again and that idiot with the daemon sword s gonna rip the galaxy a new one. We seriously need to move the Craftworld right the hell now.”

I feel like "let's not hang out in an active warp incursion / mon-keigh warzone" is the rare decision a Seer Council might be competent to make without Eldrad's intervention.

• Options
    Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
    Auralynx wrote: »
    Mr_Rose wrote: »

I feel like "let's not hang out in an active warp incursion / mon-keigh warzone" is the rare decision a Seer Council might be competent to make without Eldrad's intervention.

True, true, but I figured he’d be sort of like yeah, but can we go faster? Because this is gonna be one hell of a warp-movement.

...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.