[PbP] Godbound: There Came A Time When The Old Gods Died!

12345679»

Posts

  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    Zane watches the action below with his bow in hand, waiting for a moment where it feels like something was going to start happening. And then something started happening in multiple places all at once. Two different containers start to show something happening inside of them, which was obviously the two containers that held his companions.

    Zane drew an arrow, and looked around, looking for a guard or pair of guards who were in range that he could attempt to add a distraction or maybe even increase the threat of what was happening in their eyes. He aims for a spot near them, not wishing to hit them, and fires an arrow.
    Idea is to fire to a spot near a guard or pair of guards, not actually hit them.

    Geth, roll 1d20+3 for Shoot your shot

    Shoot your shot:
    1d20+3 22 [1d20=19]

  • Dex DynamoDex Dynamo Registered User regular
    edited August 25
    So, in the eyes of these guards, here is what happened:

    Ordinary night. Drunk gets pulled in off the streets. Another lost soul walks up and gets housed. Everything is fine.

    Then. Suddenly. Shipping cart explodes. Another one is punched clean through, with a dirt-covered monk clutching a cut up hand (frankly, I'm just gonna say you're able to punch through the container this time, Burr, I don't have an interesting consequence of failure), and a blinding light right behind him.

    Then. Suddenly. Sniper fire. No one is hit directly, but the message is clearly sent.

    You've collectively pretty well disarmed and scattered this guard troop, and dismantled this site. They're no longer in a position to organize and oppose you, and are scattering in every direction. Now, that's not to say they're going to stay disorganized and scattered. But you've bested them for now.

    Lights are turning on in the city however, most notably the dozens of room lights that make up Bastion's mansion in the distance. And in the opposite direction, you hear a slow, methodical a-chugg-a-chugg-a-chugg-a slowly winding up from the darkness. No telling what that is, but you've got an idea...

    Dex Dynamo on
  • admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    (I would like to do a thing. It might be a Miracle and if so I'll happily spend Effort on it. If it doesn't seem quite at the level of a Miracle but you can think of a feature to add to it that would push it over the edge I'll also take that.)

    Ina steps out of the crate behind Burr and opens a mouth like a dark crater on the sun. When next her voice is heard it booms across the entire site, "PRISONERS OF BASTION, YOU ARE FREE. JOIN WITH US AND WE WILL KEEP YOU SAFE."

    Then I think she probably starts burning holes in crates for people to escape through?

  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    The guard reasonably scattered, or scared off, Zane runs down into the encampment to join up with Burr, Jason, and Ina. Now that it wasn't going to be a challenge to coordinate together, they needed a plan, and they needed one fast.

  • Dex DynamoDex Dynamo Registered User regular
    admanb wrote: »
    (I would like to do a thing. It might be a Miracle and if so I'll happily spend Effort on it. If it doesn't seem quite at the level of a Miracle but you can think of a feature to add to it that would push it over the edge I'll also take that.)

    Ina steps out of the crate behind Burr and opens a mouth like a dark crater on the sun. When next her voice is heard it booms across the entire site, "PRISONERS OF BASTION, YOU ARE FREE. JOIN WITH US AND WE WILL KEEP YOU SAFE."

    Then I think she probably starts burning holes in crates for people to escape through?

    I would say sending a message loud and clear to every prisoner, and burning a hole in every container to allow their safe escape, feels like a Miracle to me. You could, depends on if you wanted this, also add that only the prisoners hear this, unless you want Bastion and his goons to hear it as well.

  • admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    I'll restrict it to the prisoners.

  • Dex DynamoDex Dynamo Registered User regular
    People quietly start peeking out the holes in the crates as they're burned open, looking in your directions.

    You've got a group of people by your side. But it's going to make evasion much trickier.

    What do you do?

  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    Burr looks around at the melting containers.
    "Probably a better way of doing it", he mutters, as he absentmindedly resets the bones in his hand.

    He flips his hand over.
    Functional now.
    Probably need Zane to look at it later.

    Steam Community page: http://steamcommunity.com/id/discrider/
    Some sorta sentient internet aggregator
  • admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    (Not to get too meta but we should definitely have at least a skeleton of a plan lest we start just reacting to things without any broader goal in mind. The way I see it we have one conventional plan and some weird ones.

    The conventional plan is that we draw lots of attention to ourselves (shouldn't be hard) and hold off as long as we can so the escaping civilians can scatter back to their homes or The Scrying Pool. Alternately, just Ina could stay behind while the other three take them direct to The Scrying Pool. I can get out with Flickering Advance.

    Alternately, we could try to take the lot of them out of the city. Straight into the woods seems dangerous. If Burr could very quickly establish a friendly rapport with a chasm maybe that could be a safe place?)

  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    ((Zane would struggle to leave Ina behind, regardless of ability to get away. His first preference would be stay together.

    That said, I'm not sure we are going to get a ton of info by fighting whatever comes, so perhaps the play is Burr/Jason/Ina makes friends with someone that we're trying to help escape who might be able to take us to to The Scrying Pool which then leads to help everyone escape and have Ina hold ground and escape last minute?))

  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    edited August 27
    Burr moves through the mob, quickly guiding them out of the compound.
    Those who want to stay, he doesn't deny.
    Sure, these crates are a bit breezy now, but they were dry.

    But everyone else, he gets to setting them moving.
    Those who have a place to go to he sets to heading home.
    All the rest, he starts directing through the alleyways, heading towards the tunnel entrances, and keeping his feet open for any others that are closer.

    discrider on
    Steam Community page: http://steamcommunity.com/id/discrider/
    Some sorta sentient internet aggregator
  • InvictusInvictus Registered User regular
    "Are we defending here? Or moving to find The Scrying Pool? I can set up defensive measures here very quickly."

    I am going to listen to what others say, but I'm looking to establish an anti-machine defensive perimeter. With my Gifts, fifteen minutes of my work is worth five workers working ten hours a day for a week, and I can produce any hand-held object on demand, so I figure I ought to at least be able to make defensive setups that would delay even the machines for awhile.

    Generalísimo de Fuerzas Armadas de la República Argentina
  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    edited August 29
    Burr scratches his head.
    Or rather attempts to, before squinting at his hand and then using the other.

    "Wouldn't be much to defend if we move everyone out, and it's going to be harder to round all of us up again if we don't stay put.
    As for the Pool, I imagine they'll find us if need be, but yeah we're moving to meet up.
    And somewhere more defensible too if we can get there soon."

    (Burr rather wants to just ferry all of the prisoners underground, and attack anyone who tries to stop us)

    discrider on
    Steam Community page: http://steamcommunity.com/id/discrider/
    Some sorta sentient internet aggregator
Sign In or Register to comment.