As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Overwatch] Overwatch 2 is Live!

• Options
    Trojan35Trojan35 I want Too Human 2. Registered User regular
    edited September 2020
    sanstodo wrote: »
    This patch, I’ve lost every single match so far. I’m literally 0-14. My statistical performance is about average for me but again

This patch is whack, because they nerfed all the shield tanks, so you've got tons of DPS playing Hog/Zarya and tearing it up. By nerfing shields and buffing DPS tanks they effectively made DPS-mains better tanks on a lot of maps than Tank-mains.

Sombra's gonna have trouble staying in the fight with all these 4 ranged DPS comps out there that can cause quick translocates, so if she can't coordinate her EMPs/Hacks its gonna be tough sledding.

Trojan35 on
  • Options
    sanstodosanstodo Registered User regular
    Trojan35 wrote: »
    This patch, I’ve lost every single match so far. I’m literally 0-14. My statistical performance is about average for me but again

This patch is whack, because they nerfed all the shield tanks, so you've got tons of DPS playing Hog/Zarya and tearing it up. By nerfing shields and buffing DPS tanks they effectively made DPS-mains better tanks on a lot of maps than Tank-mains.

Sombra's gonna have trouble staying in the fight with all these 4 ranged DPS comps out there that can cause quick translocates, so if she can't coordinate her EMPs/Hacks its gonna be tough sledding.

Last game, our dps are genji/DF. They told me, the support, to pressure widow.

• Options
    Watching play of the game from their sym’s perspective. Our Ashe misses 5 open shots on the sym in a row and dies to a random orb shot.

That explains why no one died.

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    something is happening in the enemy spawn

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Du-6YoyMbq0

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options

Isn’t that an awful play given the spawns?

• Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular

clearly you haven't met surrealitycheck

• Options

I know he loves to troll, but that’s basically giving the enemy team a free 6v5. Granted, it’s Gibraltar so it’s not a huge deal but still.

• Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular

I know he loves to troll, but that’s basically giving the enemy team a free 6v5. Granted, it’s Gibraltar so it’s not a huge deal but still.

sometimes you just do a thing because it's a game and games are meant to be fun, and losing the first fight isn't the end of the world

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    edited September 2020

i mean u literally killed 3. so heres what happens (this is in an idk trash masters sr game on my drunk alt)

they walk out with no dps a tank and 2 healers and die 3v5, getting zero push distance (no free first corner - a major feature of nearly every payload map is that the first push stretch is entirely uncontested)

or

they sit in spawn

now given the spawns i will get back to the midpoint at about the same time they regroup and i have 70% ult charge vs their 10

no that shits fucking incredible and tilts people off the face of the planet. its exactly the same logic as holding spawn close which u always do in every payload map if u can get away with it cos its free real estate baby

the spawn time diff thing is a function of differentials: in a payload map that equates to distance, to trade 1 for 3 is actually w u r f

also this sometimes results in an ez escape for a casual kill and 33% ult charge...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FD1hsA-hlhI

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • Options

i mean u literally killed 3. so heres what happens (this is in an idk trash masters sr game on my drunk alt)

they walk out with no dps a tank and 2 healers and die 3v5, getting zero push distance (no free first corner - a major feature of nearly every payload map is that the first push stretch is entirely uncontested)

or

they sit in spawn

now given the spawns i will get back to the midpoint at about the same time they regroup and i have 70% ult charge vs their 10

no that shits fucking incredible and tilts people off the face of the planet. its exactly the same logic as holding spawn close which u always do in every payload map if u can get away with it cos its free real estate baby

the spawn time diff thing is a function of differentials: in a payload map that equates to distance, to trade 1 for 3 is actually w u r f

also this sometimes results in an ez escape for a casual kill and 33% ult charge...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FD1hsA-hlhI

I guess I’m a fundamentally more conservative player since I see so many people try to pull stuff off like this and get punished over and over.

• Options
    edited September 2020
    the secret is that if u live ur life by "play stupid games win stupid prizes" but ur a huge fan of stupid prizes u never lose

and on the other hand when i log on after 3 months of not playing nicki and these poor fucks get me as their placement

bztbrpa78cy3.png

alea iacta est

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • Options

sometimes you just do a thing because it's a game and games are meant to be fun, and losing the first fight isn't the end of the world

Sometimes the fun thing is literally only fun for one person and throws the match for everyone else.

Again, he pulled it off here, but I see so many players try this shit constantly only to feed the entire match.

• Options
    Like, I just played with a dps duo (obvious from voice they were together) who went DF/sym and refused to swap when the enemy went pharah/mccree to counter. They proceeded to feed the entire match and had a grand time running in alone over and over.

Of course, it was awful for everyone else on our team. Team games, especially in competitive modes, require a little bit more than “for the lulz” as a mindset, imho.

If you wanna dick around, go play a solo game or QP or arcade.

• Options
    Maybe it’s also cuz I don’t get an unlimited amount of time to play games. I took a slow day (that horrid 1-14 run) and basically wasted the entire time hearing people say racist and sexist slurs in voice while feeding. It wasn’t relaxing or fun at all.

Guess I’m putting the game down again for a while. It always makes me sad because I see so much potential for an interesting experience but it’s always out of reach.

• Options
    the secret is that if u live ur life by "play stupid games win stupid prizes" but ur a huge fan of stupid prizes u never lose

and on the other hand when i log on after 3 months of not playing nicki and these poor fucks get me as their placement

bztbrpa78cy3.png

alea iacta est

Maybe I just don’t like stupid prizes :) ah well, it’s always good to see a JR dominating lol

• Options
    edited September 2020

bztbrpa78cy3.png

alea iacta est

Maybe I just don’t like stupid prizes :) ah well, it’s always good to see a JR dominating lol

i mean look i int like a hideous bandit some of the time but broadly when im doing it these are mostly things that work enough of the time to not be throwing (ironically the thing about spawn times is that actually that play on gibraltar usually means u get back to the fight when the cart is getting initiially contested anyway...!)

it sounds like what ur problem is right now is that u have been teamed up with some of the absolute sinister specimens who occupy solo q and the truth is theres not much u can do about this. they are just bandits. a lot of people use "having fun" as a cover for being turds and i get why people doing dumb shit can rankle when ur trying to do shit and people are just not even having the basic courtesy to not waste ur time. a lot of ballsy play is just stupid. some ballsy play is calculated. some is just "i saw a stupid opportunity and went for it and it worked" eg:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c56D2nILLzY

should i have been here? no

should he have let me kill him without even pressing his dumb shift? no

did it happen and he got killed right behind his whole team 1v1 by a junkrat as sigma, causing him to be angry for the rest of his natural born life?

yes

also i have played a lot of this videogame due to being in what is generously called "full-time education" aka "supervisor im sorry i cant do my thesis because of covid" so, u know, time and al that

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • Options

bztbrpa78cy3.png

alea iacta est

i mean look i int like a hideous bandit some of the time but broadly when im doing it these are mostly things that work enough of the time to not be throwing (ironically the thing about spawn times is that actually that play on gibraltar usually means u get back to the fight when the cart is getting initiially contested anyway...!)

it sounds like what ur problem is right now is that u have been teamed up with some of the absolute sinister specimens who occupy solo q and the truth is theres not much u can do about this. they are just bandits. a lot of people use "having fun" as a cover for being turds and i get why people doing dumb shit can rankle when ur trying to do shit and people are just not even having the basic courtesy to not waste ur time. a lot of ballsy play is just stupid. some ballsy play is calculated. some is just "i saw a stupid opportunity and went for it and it worked" eg:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c56D2nILLzY

should i have been here? no

should he have let me kill him without even pressing his dumb shift? no

did it happen and he got killed right behind his whole team 1v1 by a junkrat as sigma, causing him to be angry for the rest of his natural born life?

yes

That’s a good point. Also, I’d be happy to have you as a teammate because you actually get shit done. It’s not feeding, it’s psy ops.

• Options
    look u say u would be happy but i won a game yesterday where i had 3 elims and 17 deaths

at the end of the game the enemy zen and ball were just sitting with me by the side of the ocean on dorado

idk what anybody was doing but it was 2am on eu so i think a lot of ppl were making good decisions

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    As Sideshow regularly demonstrates, it's only genius if it works

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    look u say u would be happy but i won a game yesterday where i had 3 elims and 17 deaths

at the end of the game the enemy zen and ball were just sitting with me by the side of the ocean on dorado

idk what anybody was doing but it was 2am on eu so i think a lot of ppl were making good decisions

Wow. I find that if I don’t absolutely carry, I lose. I want your teams.

• Options
    Mah boys shock, laughing at me for doubting.

• Options

That was a good crushing of the fusion. Which is great because Philly teams are the worst.

Who had “Washington justice are terrifying because of a hog/zarya comp” on their playoff bingo card?

• Options
    edited September 2020

That was a good crushing of the fusion. Which is great because Philly teams are the worst.

Who had “Washington justice are terrifying because of a hog/zarya comp” on their playoff bingo card?

I never would have thought sigma/hog was the counter to zarya/hog, but fusion just did it.

Edit: In all honesty I am glad. I don’t think a 4 win team should make playoffs. I don’t think they should be able to add a superstar after a trade deadline. And I don’t like Blizz nerfing am entire hero class right before playoffs. One hero fine, but all three shield tanks so teams can just put their DPS on hog/zarya and not even run a main tank is dumb. It’s like inverse GOATs which I thought Blizz learned their lesson on.

Trojan35 on
  • Options

I never would have thought sigma/hog was the counter to zarya/hog, but fusion just did it.

Edit: In all honesty I am glad. I don’t think a 4 win team should make playoffs. I don’t think they should be able to add a superstar after a trade deadline. And I don’t like Blizz nerfing am entire hero class right before playoffs. One hero fine, but all three shield tanks so teams can just put their DPS on hog/zarya and not even run a main tank is dumb. It’s like inverse GOATs which I thought Blizz learned their lesson on.

True. It did make me laugh though. The final 4 is gonna be good, although I’d be surprised if the dragons didn’t go all the way.

• Options
    I kinda wish we had NYXL in the final four instead of Seoul, but they shit the bed hard against Seoul so they don't really have anyone to blame but themselves

• Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    I know Overbuff isn't accurate but if its anywhere near the real data, Orisa, Baptiste, and McCree's win rates have really tanked in GM.

• Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    McCree right now is a throw, even in QP. I've always tried to shy away from that, only really saying Tracer immediately after Bridget's launch was one. He does nothing better than Ashe except look cooler, and Ashe is just easier to damage boost with Mercy because she's back line.

BTW these are the all-star skins this year:

DvA looks fine, the white hair sells it to stand out with the Mercury wings, Reinhardt's looks just like a mix between his existing WoW and tree skins.

Also this is big-thunk time; if Immortality Field is to prevent people from death, why does it protect DvA's mech? Shenanigans is declared.

• Options
    ZekZek Registered User regular
    Same reason the mech can be healed, slept, etc. It's secretly alive, like an Eva.

• Options
    Dragkonias wrote: »
    I know Overbuff isn't accurate but if its anywhere near the real data, Orisa, Baptiste, and McCree's win rates have really tanked in GM.

Didn't it use to be accurate before Blizz cut us off from that data? I think the balance team got tired of us calling bullshit on a lot of their "justifications" for balance changes, and backing it up with real data.

• Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular

Didn't it use to be accurate before Blizz cut us off from that data? I think the balance team got tired of us calling bullshit on a lot of their "justifications" for balance changes, and backing it up with real data.

I think it was outfall from their privacy control changes. Overbuff relies on collating all the individual info to get general trends. When folks opt their individual info out then it screws up the collated data in unpredictable ways.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    TexiKen wrote: »
    Also this is big-thunk time; if Immortality Field is to prevent people from death, why does it protect DvA's mech? Shenanigans is declared.

You're hurting Zenyatta's, Bastion's, Orisa's and the mech's feelings.

3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    Cantido wrote: »

Hear me baby, hold t'gether.

I think it was outfall from their privacy control changes. Overbuff relies on collating all the individual info to get general trends. When folks opt their individual info out then it screws up the collated data in unpredictable ways.

They could still provide anonymized data via an API. It'd be pretty hard to figure out individual gamertags to profile-shame outside of the GM ranks.

Trojan35 on
  • Options
    Cantido wrote: »

Hear me baby, hold t'gether.

They could still provide anonymized data via an API. It'd be pretty hard to figure out individual gamertags to profile-shame outside of the GM ranks.

Blizzard has been pretty clear about the fact that they're not really interested in making granular game data easily available to the player base at large. So yeah they could do that, but even if it was fast and easy they obviously don't want to.

• Options
    baps kinda dead, cree is outclassed by other hitscans and very vulnerable to getting rushed, orisa has been pepperoni for a while

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    i'm kinda glad Bap is dead because i never really got as good with him as i am with eg: Zen, but Zen was potato and Bap was meta for so long i felt like i kinda had to

now that people don't yell at me for playing Zen i'm having a lot more fun on support again

Houk the Namebringer on
  • Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular

Only the most pro gamers can wear their own face

• Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    White hair is the new Derelicte, so hot right now.

• Options
    ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular
    edited September 2020
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDBi6pMime4

Speaking of white hair...

Quarantine does not appear to be treating him kindly.

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    Can't get a beard trim while wearing a mask. That's most of it I think.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular
    Finally got around to doing my placements. Ran into the first drop-hack I've seen in Overwatch in at least a year, so that was fun.

Also, just so fucking many tanks obviously soft-throwing, on top of a few DPS hard throwing. Oh cool, a Widow who literally never scopes and is constantly grappeling literally onto their supports to SMG them. This sure seems cool. More games with that bullshit than not. But pales in comparison to the asshole who was AFK in spawn for the first 60 seconds of the match, and then the first thing they did, even before leaving spawn, was start flaming someone for playing Ashe. So I said "You literally never left spawn until they were almost half capped." At which point, a third guy began screaming in voice that I had no no idea what I was talking about. Don't know if he thought I was talking to him and was just being retarded. Don't know if he was in the same group as the asshole.

NOT A GREAT NIGHT OF OVERWATCH.

ztrEPtD.gif