As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Overwatch] Overwatch 2 is Live!

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    pickin mercy on the smorf, get accused of "hard aimlocking"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RKzkxMBfXZM

hmm yes quite

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4noKkupxlE&feature=emb_title

These are legitimately the laziest sprays in existence. Couldn't they have gotten some fan to draw some fanart at least?

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    I will say it's pretty cool that Tracer actually says the line out loud when you use the spray, but yeah...

• Options
    At last, the thing that Overwatch really needed.

One loot chest that you buy in a pack is guaranteed to have a legendary.

Definitely a needed addition, he says, looking at his 50k credits.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    It's a super weird time to do it but I'd guess they're planting seeds for OW2 and such.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    SlortexSlortex In my chairRegistered User regular
    Why don't they move the "Quick Play Classic" arcade mode under the Quick Play mode, like Competitive has both Role and Open queue? Then No Limits/Mystery heroes could be permanent arcade modes and the world wouldn't need any more heroes.

• Options
    edited September 2020
    Slept a nano-blading Genji that was diving on me while attacking Hanamura A. Whole team blessedly didn't wake him up.

Felt awesome and went back to the replay to clip it.

What I find out is:
    Our Reinhardt was YOLO 1v4ing the rest of their team, but somehow managed two kills thanks to them all being stupid and getting a 4 man shatter.
    Our Hog literally just watched the Genji dash over his head and completely ignored him going after the backline. Didn't see me sleep him or anything like that. Didn't even turn around at all. Just ran forward into the rest of the enemy team.
    Our Moira faded around a corner and had RMB held down, and only didn't wake the Genji because she got stuck on a wall.
    Our Genji was already dead and in spawn.

Christ, that's deflating.

E:
    DPS placements going great. Paired with a Genji into a Winston, Sym and Torb. Dash in, deflect, die. Every time. Thought that was bad enough, until I stood in the back in cover at 50 health right in front of our spawn, only to watch our Ana run straight past me, followed by our Lucio speedboosting past me.

This would be followed by a match where one of our tanks went AFK for half the round, AND a DPS-only Moira. I know this because I had silver healing as Mei, and the Brig was obviously getting shit done.

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    sanstodosanstodo Registered User regular
    Trojan35 wrote: »
    sanstodo wrote: »
    Trojan35 wrote: »
    Mah boys shock, laughing at me for doubting.

That was a good crushing of the fusion. Which is great because Philly teams are the worst.

Who had “Washington justice are terrifying because of a hog/zarya comp” on their playoff bingo card?

I never would have thought sigma/hog was the counter to zarya/hog, but fusion just did it.

Edit: In all honesty I am glad. I don’t think a 4 win team should make playoffs. I don’t think they should be able to add a superstar after a trade deadline. And I don’t like Blizz nerfing am entire hero class right before playoffs. One hero fine, but all three shield tanks so teams can just put their DPS on hog/zarya and not even run a main tank is dumb. It’s like inverse GOATs which I thought Blizz learned their lesson on.

True. It did make me laugh though. The final 4 is gonna be good, although I’d be surprised if the dragons didn’t go all the way.
    ArcTangent wrote: »
    Slept a nano-blading Genji that was diving on me while attacking Hanamura A. Whole team blessedly didn't wake him up.

Felt awesome and went back to the replay to clip it.

What I find out is:
    Our Reinhardt was YOLO 1v4ing the rest of their team, but somehow managed two kills thanks to them all being stupid and getting a 4 man shatter.
    Our Hog literally just watched the Genji dash over his head and completely ignored him going after the backline. Didn't see me sleep him or anything like that. Didn't even turn around at all. Just ran forward into the rest of the enemy team.
    Our Moira faded around a corner and had RMB held down, and only didn't wake the Genji because she got stuck on a wall.
    Our Genji was already dead and in spawn.

Christ, that's deflating.

E:
    DPS placements going great. Paired with a Genji into a Winston, Sym and Torb. Dash in, deflect, die. Every time. Thought that was bad enough, until I stood in the back in cover at 50 health right in front of our spawn, only to watch our Ana run straight past me, followed by our Lucio speedboosting past me.

This would be followed by a match where one of our tanks went AFK for half the round, AND a DPS-only Moira. I know this because I had silver healing as Mei, and the Brig was obviously getting shit done.

Yeah, that sounds like OW.

• Options
    Just lost a game where all we needed was our rein or ball to touch point so the rest of the team could help them hold (we had better spawns).

Our rein missed the cart entirely with his charge and the ball missed his grapple, with neither triggering overtime.

Clearly i was supposed to learn something from that.

• Options
    edited September 2020
    Tank respawning. Do you take the route directly toward the enemy or the safe route around the back to meet up with the team?

If you’re the sigma on my team last game, you always pick the stupid route and die alone.

sanstodo on
  • Options
    And now a thrower. This game is great.

• Options
    PailryderPailryder Registered User regular

people are great. it can really hurt when you have 4 good people and one person causing a lot of problems. i go in spurts of using report but there are definitely things that will insta get me to act. i do get a warm fuzzy seeing that screen pop up at the beginning of a game that action was taken. i just kind of wish i knew what action...

• Options
    Experimental changes

https://playoverwatch.com/en-us/news/patch-notes/experimental/#patch-2020-09-18

All seems like very minor stuff.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    I mean there aren't a lot of changes, but I'd hardly call them minor. Massive damage nerf to dynamite damage for Ashe, combat roll range increase and AIR ROLL for McCree, big increase to Orisa armor and bullet speed, and Hog hook brings the target closer to make for more consistent one-shot combos. For those specific characters, those are all pretty major. (Plus ult cost decrease for Bap is good, though yeah not as big.)

• Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    edited September 2020
    I figured they'd give Orisa that health back.

With the weakened shield she is a bit too squishy at 400.

Also yeah I agree with the Dynamite change. That ability could be annoying.

Dragkonias on
  • Options
    ZekZek Registered User regular
    I like these changes. Mid-air combat roll is weird but seems mostly useful to save yourself from boops and open up the occasional shortcut.

• Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    air roll is pretty fuckin huge for mccree's flanking/positioning prospects

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    There's no way they keep that holy shit

• Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    it's a tricky one. Not being able to initiate it in the air is a real weakness of McCree's ability to escape, and it's super annoying when you like just jumped and then can't roll

on the other hand that's turning the ability into something entirely different and unintended for McCree's kit.

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    McCree combat roll in air has been needed since Doomfist arrived, you can now play him in the air. And increasing the stun at least keeps McCree viable against Naruto and Tracer.

Ashe nerf was needed, still need to fix the crap of building ult while Bob is out.

The Bap ult charge decrease is bad, no ult charge should be lowered, just throw 10% extra on everyone else to start and then bump it up more from there for others.

Orisa, they should have just picked armor or weapon speed, not both, the little pairing of creeps they did on her consistently is what made her become meta overnight, unless you increase halt's cooldown or fortify you can't keep buffing her stats

Roadhog, that's just stupid, should reduce the chain 5 meters if you want to bring people in closer. Stop trying to make him the 3rd DPS.

• Options
    I will be super disappointed if they don't keep AIR ROLL. I don't think you can say it's unintended, since "how can I use this added mobility to reach new areas" would literally be the first thing anything would think to do with it as soon as the devs added it. It's certainly different from his original design, but I don't think that's a bad thing at all considering how much the game has changed since release, and makes him far from overpowered considering the overall state of mobility in the game.

It's just one of those things that seems crazy because we haven't seen it before, but eventually will seem as natural and normal as wall climbing or Soldier dash.

• Options
    KupiKupi Registered User regular
    While character attributes vary, obviously, I feel the Damage/Offense archetype is probably the most appropriate to have mobility abilities that grant them access to shortcuts and just generally let them cross territory faster than other characters; almost by definition they're supposed to operate in enemy territory (however temporarily), so I feel like giving McCree some slight ability to do some movement tricks is entirely appropriate.

My favorite musical instrument is the air-raid siren.
  • Options
    ZekZek Registered User regular
    Never seen such a thing in all my days:

HDVTunl.png

• Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    McCree still falls when he air rolls, I was expecting a Sanji airwalk. So in that case people looking for epic positions to pwn people get one shot or screw up. I like the distance more than anything, you can actually juke out hooks and Sigma's stupid rock throw. If they wanted to remove the air roll, bump the distance gain of the roll to 25%.

Orisa's change builds her ult a lot faster, there needs to be something to counter that because I'm seeing double shield pop back now in experiment with Torb and Junkrat and Mercy/Ana. Either fast bullets with less damage or slower bullets with normal damage.

Roadhog's change brings us back to where he was two weeks ago, a better DPS. At this point I have two department of excellent ideas:
    -remove alt fire completely: you want to make him fat Reaper, ok, no range then.
    -new passive ability = fatty fat fat fat: self healing with puff and health packs are normal, but only gets 75% of healing done by others. This means sure, he can flank, but when he's running back to his team for heals he gets less, or his team looking to pocket him do less healing, so he can be punished more.

• Options
    Pailryder wrote: »

people are great. it can really hurt when you have 4 good people and one person causing a lot of problems. i go in spurts of using report but there are definitely things that will insta get me to act. i do get a warm fuzzy seeing that screen pop up at the beginning of a game that action was taken. i just kind of wish i knew what action...

I apparently hear far more racism/misogyny than you do.

• Options
    edited September 2020
    I sleep a lucio going for a flanking boop and call it out. Literally no one in my team even turns to look. He wakes up and boops them off the bridge.

“Ana, why didn’t you kill him?”

I am aggretsuko.

sanstodo on
  • Options
    And yes, I know how to do the combo, but it’s not possible to do while also trying to keep the team up as they push in.

• Options
    TexiKen wrote: »
    Orisa's change builds her ult a lot faster, there needs to be something to counter that because I'm seeing double shield pop back now in experiment with Torb and Junkrat and Mercy/Ana. Either fast bullets with less damage or slower bullets with normal damage.

You're seeing double shield in experiment because they changed Orisa, of course people are going to be running her. Knee-jerk reactions to day-old changes are not the way to design a game.

• Options
    edited September 2020
    I think I saw one Orisa over like 6-7 games tonight. She is a super unpopular tank pick right now, at least in high gold/low plat comp.

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    And now an obvious aimbot. This is fun.

• Options
    ArcTangent wrote: »
    I think I saw one Orisa over like 6-7 games tonight. She is a super unpopular tank pick right now, at least in high gold/low plat comp.

She’s pretty bad now. Not enough shields, damage, or health/armor to justify the pick until her buffs go through.

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    this is what hitscan players Actually Believe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CAUuXuvw0Eg

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    Hey ball, if you swing in 5 seconds before anyone else gets there and then run away, the other team gets a free 6v5 while you’re looking for healing or health packs.

That’s why we’re all dying. You’re creating a constant trickle situation even when you’re not dying.

Ffs.

• Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    Orisa changes will be interesting cause while Halt is worse for team play individually she will be a lot stronger.

That said Sigma is objectively worse so even if double shield comes back in limited fashion I don't see it being as good.

• Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
  • Options
    finally the potg algorithm gets it right

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=obI7hXhflvQ

landing here with 2 mines happened because lucio speedboosted me as i jumped

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    CausticzCausticz Registered User new member
    Looks like I need I'll be back to playing overwatch again since it has been quite a while since I last played this game.

• Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    edited September 2020
    My brother, has over 800 loot boxes unopened because he just don't give a fuuuuuck about cosmetics.

Cantido on
    3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    BRIAN BLESSEDBRIAN BLESSED Maybe you aren't SPEAKING LOUDLY ENOUGHHH Registered User regular
    It's exceptionally easy to just let them pile up whenj you've seen through the grift

• Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    There is also the fact that once you're through the whites and blues you will rarely get anything new. Even then about half the time it will just be coins again instead of that purple or orange you don't have.

I really hate the purple/orange coin drops and that brief moment of interest that is then utterly dashed.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish