As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Overwatch] Overwatch 2 is Live!

• Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    I don't buy them, but I would get real OOC about leaving them unopened for years XD

3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    ZekZek Registered User regular
    Coin drops are the best drops. Most of the time the way you'll be getting your favorite skins is with coins.

• Options
    SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    It's exceptionally easy to just let them pile up whenj you've seen through the grift

I'm at the terrible opposite pole. I kind of hate playing Overwatch, and the lootboxes/"awards" can sometimes get me to reinstall the game.

But I'll usually them build up and open them as a "reward" for tolerating the game.

• Options
    BRIAN BLESSEDBRIAN BLESSED Maybe you aren't SPEAKING LOUDLY ENOUGHHH Registered User regular
    See that's just chasing a high, just like any mechanic designed to generate dependence lol

The drop rate is also really fucking stupid in general, end of last week I unlocked a Year One widow skin (Countess) or some shit and I'm flabbergasted that's even reasonably possible after probably near a thousand hours of playing this dumb game

• Options
    ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular
    edited September 2020
    https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/overwatch/t/overwatch-ptr-patch-notes-–-september-23-2020/551880

Reinhardt gets a friendly ult voice line, elevators in places like Volskaya and Hollywood behavior changed.

E:
    They apparently also changed Hamster's grapple to behave more like Widow's, and it has completely broken it.

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    A nice thing to think about is that Blizz usually only adds those kinds of small little lines when they happen to have their VA in-studio for a bigger recording job.

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    BloodySlothBloodySloth Registered User regular
    edited September 2020
    ArcTangent wrote: »
    https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/overwatch/t/overwatch-ptr-patch-notes-–-september-23-2020/551880

Reinhardt gets a friendly ult voice line, elevators in places like Volskaya and Hollywood behavior changed.

E:
    They apparently also changed Hamster's grapple to behave more like Widow's, and it has completely broken it.

Blizzard wrote: »
    Grappling Hook now has improved target detection to help connecting to walls be more consistent

Was anyone in the world having a problem with targeting Hammond's grappling hook? this is absurd.

A player in the patch notes thread there posted a video of how it works in the ptr now, and it definitely snaps to near edges like Widow's grappling hook: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1kLJKZ5CPLJ5Kp1vIqkpsKhEMiSzZ_Its/view

puuuuuuke

BloodySloth on
  • Options
    Trojan35Trojan35 I want Too Human 2. Registered User regular
    Synthesis wrote: »
    It's exceptionally easy to just let them pile up whenj you've seen through the grift

I'm at the terrible opposite pole. I kind of hate playing Overwatch, and the lootboxes/"awards" can sometimes get me to reinstall the game.

But I'll usually them build up and open them as a "reward" for tolerating the game.

Woah. I really enjoy watching competitive overwatch, which makes me want to play. And then I play and experience how toxic most of the xbox community is in soloQ and hate the game.

I mean, honestly, I hover around a 4-5 rep. Why do I get put into games with 5 people who are 1 reps that are either smurfs, int-ers deranking, or the most toxic people on earth. I realize I can't always be with other 4+ reps, but how about giving me at least 2 and 3-reps most of the time? It's not like I'm in grandmasters/contenders/OWL where people will abuse that system, so I don't get why they aren't focused on any QoL improvements for the non pro scene.

• Options
    Experimental changes are live, minus air roll :(

• Options
    SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    Trojan35 wrote: »
    Synthesis wrote: »

Woah. I really enjoy watching competitive overwatch, which makes me want to play. And then I play and experience how toxic most of the xbox community is in soloQ and hate the game.

I mean, honestly, I hover around a 4-5 rep. Why do I get put into games with 5 people who are 1 reps that are either smurfs, int-ers deranking, or the most toxic people on earth. I realize I can't always be with other 4+ reps, but how about giving me at least 2 and 3-reps most of the time? It's not like I'm in grandmasters/contenders/OWL where people will abuse that system, so I don't get why they aren't focused on any QoL improvements for the non pro scene.

I'm at 4 rep minimum, possibly 5. But I will regularly get so sick of the game I stopped playing it for weeks until the next "here's a fancy costume" week-long challenge, which I expect has some effect on it.

I particularly find the whole "Oh, just get nine wins to get this costume, easy-fucking-peasy, scrub!" particularly repulsive, because I'll try and get one win an evening, and it might only take one or two matches. Or I'll take fourteen and want to metaphorically kill myself. But I have no one to blame but myself for being so determined to complete the challenge.

• Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    I mean wrecking ball's hook mechanic is hella janky, there's all kind of weird spots and rules about what it will or will not connect to

Someone like Ball, who's dedicated like a zillion hours to mastering all the ins and outs of that jankiness, is definitely gonna be salty, but that doesn't mean it's a bad change in and of itself. reddit Lucios were always salty over any wall riding changes, too.

This change does seem to have its own problems, so maybe it needs some more work. But just because Ball hates it doesn't mean it's a bad change.

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    I wish they would give you half/one-third credit for a loss or something. Small enough to incentivize people to actually try, but gets you through the losing streaks.

• Options
    Kana wrote: »
    I mean wrecking ball's hook mechanic is hella janky, there's all kind of weird spots and rules about what it will or will not connect to

Someone like Ball, who's dedicated like a zillion hours to mastering all the ins and outs of that jankiness, is definitely gonna be salty, but that doesn't mean it's a bad change in and of itself. reddit Lucios were always salty over any wall riding changes, too.

This change does seem to have its own problems, so maybe it needs some more work. But just because Ball hates it doesn't mean it's a bad change.

I mean, this only increases the jank, though. The only change made is that now it won't go exactly where you're pointing it.

• Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    That's exceptional Blizzard Logic

• Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2020
    Kana wrote: »

I mean, this only increases the jank, though. The only change made is that now it won't go exactly where you're pointing it.

yeah I didn't have any opinion one way or the other until I saw that clip of him trying and failing multiple times to attach to that castle outcrop thing on Havana. like looking at that, it can not be working as intended.

Houk the Namebringer on
  • Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    I'm tired of being caught in Richard Hammond's too large of a slam radius so good, make him suffer for a bit. Lose a hundred health and my sympathy will return.

I'm sort of dumbfounded at the elevator thing, it's a simple up/down pattern.

• Options
    PailryderPailryder Registered User regular
    i actually wonder if the new elevator will make it harder for multiple people to get on

• Options
    sanstodosanstodo Registered User regular
    Zek wrote: »
    I wish they would give you half/one-third credit for a loss or something. Small enough to incentivize people to actually try, but gets you through the losing streaks.

I also wish you wouldn’t lose so much SR when there’s a leaver. It sucks to win a couple hard fought games to have it wiped out by a couple assholes.

Yes, I know it evens out over a large player base, but that doesn’t mean it evens out for each player (some outliers will be overly punished or rewarded based on bad or good luck). It is particularly demotivating when it occurs due to things outside your control.

• Options
    Zarya keeps overextending and getting punished. So we dump all the resources into him to keep him up because he won’t listen. Somehow he thinks he’s carrying.

We lose because on overtime attack, he extends off cart, gets picked (I’m literally screaming at him to get back for 5 seconds before he dies), and then overextends again on OT defense, gets picked (again, everyone is telling him to come back and not basically walk into their spawn) and then claims that we suck and he carried.

I wish blizzard had a function that had a pro give him a VOD review fired directly into his brain that made him understand how unbelievably awful he is, and how much the other 5 players on our team did to play around his awfulness.

I want that to haunt his dreams. Or maybe force him to only play mercy, no pistol allowed, for a year.

• Options
    edited September 2020
    Other than that Zarya game (where he was soft throwing basically), I won every game when my team didn’t have a thrower or leaver.

Still lost SR because more games had a thrower or leaver than didn’t.

So fun. So much fun.

sanstodo on
  • Options
    This thread is like a constant reminder to never try competitive play

• Options
    BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    I'll just keep enjoying myself over here in Mystery Heroes.

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    i feel like i basically always enjoy comp

sometimes u get 3 games in a row with leavers but eh it is what it is

the more u keep what ur thinking about what ur doing and not ur team or winning or losing the more its easier to let the bad games kinda wash by

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    I don't play competitive but that's mainly cause I don't want to com with random people.

And ever since 2-2-2 became quick play standard I have even less reason to do so.

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    i dont com in comp ever i just silently int on the flonk

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options

the more u keep what ur thinking about what ur doing and not ur team or winning or losing the more its easier to let the bad games kinda wash by

I feel like it's more about what you're playing. If you're on a DPS or a fairly self-sufficient tank like Hog or Ball, it's pretty easy to not worry about or think about what everyone else is doing.

If you're on support or one of the more team-oriented tanks, you're keeping track of twice as many people, so you have double the chance of noticing who it is who is actively being an asshole and/or ruining the game for everybody else.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    ArcTangent wrote: »

I feel like it's more about what you're playing. If you're on a DPS or a fairly self-sufficient tank like Hog or Ball, it's pretty easy to not worry about or think about what everyone else is doing.

If you're on support or one of the more team-oriented tanks, you're keeping track of twice as many people, so you have double the chance of noticing who it is who is actively being an asshole and/or ruining the game for everybody else.

it's not necessarily just 'literally ignore your team and what they're doing' but letting their behavior/actions take priority over your own. if you're spending all game getting pissed at the Hammond who keeps rolling in too early, you're obviously going to have a worse time than if you accept it as a given, make peace with a probable loss and focus on playing your own best game under the circumstances.

also too many people care way too much about their SR number. SR doesn't mean anything. no matter how high you climb, you're always going to get int'ers, throwers, leavers, shitheads, trolls, etc. your team might be more skilled as you climb, but so is the other team.

• Options
    sr means nothing UNLESS its 4269 then it means uve won

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    Just watched a POTG in which their Hanzo slowly strafed back and forth while 3 of my teammates failed to land a single shot on him. Meanwhile, I’m Ana in the background desperately trying to heal them while my baptiste emotes.

• Options
    why would you watch any enemy potg ever

if it's not me or a teammate that was popping off i'm gone

• Options
    i alwys stay so i can upvote my team especially if somebody gets like a 6min on cart card

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    OmnomnomPancakeOmnomnomPancake Registered User regular
    I always wait to see if I've gotten an MVP medal, vote for a teammate's medal if they've got one, an thank my team/compliment my healers.

It is a nice quiet time between matches, where I can reflect on my fuckups last-match.

• Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    toronto defiant is hosting a goats throwback tourney today ft. a bunch of owl/contenders players

https://www.toornament.com/en_US/tournaments/3913196007748542464/information

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=utQ22pvxVLc

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    New patch is just bug fixes to Tracer/Genji and the anti-asshole chat filter that they apparently somehow broke.

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    TFW your Ashe that does 8k per 10 min thinks he’s carrying

• Options
    PailryderPailryder Registered User regular
    the new skins are really nice.

• Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    I like the DvA the more I see of it.

The game has been unplayable the past week because of server issues though. Terrible lag and rubber banding, the kind that completely cancels out your doomfist punch or activating an ability. And in 4 years on Xbox I've never had it, but in 7 days there's been 5 games where the game just crashes on the server so they transfer everyone to a new map. Th aggravation of going from a round 3 KOTH to now having to play defend on Hollywood is on par with three teammates leaving with under a minute left in a winnable game.

• Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    http://www.bostonuprising.com/getoverwatch

Apparently Boston Uprising is giving away PC codes for Overwatch.

• Options
    Lol just made an enemy dps rage quit with sleep darts. My work here is done.