As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Overwatch] Overwatch 2 is Live!

• Options
    LostNinjaLostNinja Registered User regular
    ArcTangent wrote: »
    Jokes on them. There's yet to be a single new skin I care about.

And certainly not going to subject myself to multiple hours of those awful winter minigames for that one.

Not going to lie, I love the winter minigames. These challenges for the skin suck though.

• Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    I don't want to play event games for skins, let me at least just win 27 games over the event season or use event themed coins to unlock it (and make it 50 coins). This is like trying to pad their streaming numbers with the OWL tokens, just a way to pad the stats to show the boss.

• Options
    ChanceChance Registered User regular
    TexiKen wrote: »
    I don't want to play event games for skins, let me at least just win 27 games over the event season or use event themed coins to unlock it (and make it 50 coins). This is like trying to pad their streaming numbers with the OWL tokens, just a way to pad the stats to show the boss.

100% that's what it is.

"Hey kids! You want the fuzzy bunny?"

"Yeah!"

"Then it's time to learn a fun new game! Ratings fraud!"

'Chance, you are the best kind of whore.' -Henroid
  • Options
    ZekZek Registered User regular
    I mean yeah Twitch drops are a quid pro quo. Bump them up in the rankings and get free stuff.

• Options
    Zek wrote: »
    I mean yeah Twitch drops are a quid pro quo. Bump them up in the rankings and get free stuff.

Yeah but is it not gross to anyone else? If people watch and enjoy the streams, yay, power to 'em - but I've read too many posts advising folks to just sign up, run the stream in a separate window on their PC and bam, free stuff.

Incentivizing "views" that don't exist is just ick to me.

Blizzard's been doin' a lot of ick for a lotta' years, lately.

• Options
    BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    Offering rewards for watching streams is something the big hitters do. LoL, Valorant, Apex, etc all do it.

• Options
    Idk, OW2 has a lot of things you can be mad about, but the Twitch drops are one I can’t really build up any indignation for as it’s overall harmless. Streamers get paid, players get items for watching (or turning it on their tablet and walking away for a few hours), and Blizzard gets the advertisement they want.

Doesn’t really seem any worse than any other sponsored stream plus it’s more obvious than most because of the drops.

• Options
    OmnomnomPancakeOmnomnomPancake Registered User regular
    Can't play Brig VS RamDaddy. He just transformers robots in disguys and ferally punches my head in. Shields and mace boops aint worth shit.

• Options
    ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular
    edited December 2022
    I can tell that kids are on winter holiday because all of a sudden, every single game has someone screaming slurs in voice.

How's that automated moderation going, Blizzard?

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    Can't play Brig VS RamDaddy. He just transformers robots in disguys and ferally punches my head in. Shields and mace boops aint worth shit.

Well his punches both penetrate the shield and damage the shield itself. He's kind of an anti-Rein in that sense.

He's also deceptively squishy in general, I think. I'd reccomend Zen to kill him, Ana to nade him, Mercy or Moira to GTFO when the going gets tough.
    ArcTangent wrote: »
    I can tell that kids are on winter holiday because all of a sudden, every single game has someone screaming slurs in voice.

How's that automated moderation going, Blizzard?

I have lobby chat and team chat both turned off. There's rarely anything helpful in there. For some reason, sometimes I can still see the occasional message from a teammate.

Once this week a Roadhog asked if I wanted to play another game with him (I was Ana on King's Row and we rocked socks). That was nice.

Exception that proves the rule, perhaps.

• Options
    Event Bridgette skin got! I enjoy the Mei snowball deathmatch.

• Options

Brig is just absolutely powerless to fight Ram. If you're going to play her you need to focus your attention elsewhere. But it'll be an uphill battle trying to contribute to the team that way.

• Options
    Playstation users:

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP0002-CUSA01842_00-OVERWATCHPLUS001

Free, the Zarya snowboarder skin and 3 battlepass tier skips. Happy holidays!

• Options
    edited December 2022
    Edit: apparently going live "later today or tomorrow" according to a dev on an Emonng stream:

Tracer down to 5.5

ANA
    rifle healing from 70 to 75
    nade duration from 3 to 4.

Kiriko
    Suzu duration from 1 to .85.

Doom
    Punch CD from 3 to 4 sec

Power block
    min damage mitigated required to empower rocket punch increase from 80 to 100 damage

The best defense passive
    temporary health gained per target hit with abilities decreased from 40 to 35

Orisa

Terra surge
    now pierces through barriers upon impact

Augmented fusion drive
    damage falloff range increase from 15 to 25 meters

Ramattra

Nemesis form
    movement speed increasd by 20%
    armor bonus increasd from 150 to 225

Void Barrier
    CD reduced from 15 to 13

Sojourn

Railgun
    Primary fire spread increased by 28%

Disrupter shot
    no longer slows enemy movement

Power Slide
    CD increased form 6 to 7.

Edit: live.

https://overwatch.blizzard.com/en-us/news/patch-notes/live/

Like the Sojourn changes. Less than 1 second on Suzu is rough.

Chance on
  • Options
    YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    Ana nade at 4s ironically only makes Kiriko even more mandatory.

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
  • Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    apparently hog is due to be nerfed midseason and then reworked along with junker queen

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    4s antiheal is fucked up. No joke, I think Take a Breather should cleanse. Then you can nerf it some other way. That's just way too hard of a counter.

• Options
    What does this change make Sojourn’s spread compared to Soldier?

Also don’t like Ramattra’s buffs.

I do like the Doom nerfs but will need to see them in action to see if they make as much of a difference as I would hope.

• Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    For fuck's sake Blizzard, you don't buff Ana, you nerf Hog. Literally reduce breather's damage reduction or nerf his chain length at least 5 meters.

In trying to buff support you make DPS pointless, how about getting rid of the idea of tanks being DPS on steroid for one?

• Options
    Word is they're saying that Roadhog will get a soft rework in the mid season patch and he won't be one shotting anymore. Not sure what you can give him that would compensate for that. I guess his primary fire could be a lot better.

• Options
    Word is they're saying that Roadhog will get a soft rework in the mid season patch and he won't be one shotting anymore. Not sure what you can give him that would compensate for that. I guess his primary fire could be a lot better.

I see this news and get excited for a moment and then I swear I can squint and see in the small print below: "*will still one shot Tracers."

• Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    Wow them removing the slow from her disruptor pretty much kills the ability.

We may be 5v5 but I see their balance philosophy of throwing darts at a wall and seeing what sticks hasn't changed.

• Options
    Dragkonias wrote: »

We may be 5v5 but I see their balance philosophy of throwing darts at a wall and seeing what sticks hasn't changed.

First let me say I'm a proud Canadian and thrilled we finally have a hero with a maple leaf on her arm.

Second, having played against Sojourn since the beta, I'm not sure she's quite where she needs to be yet.

Little to the left.

Little more.

Okay now climb in the dumpster. Now close it.

That's perfect.

• Options
    Just had to restart my xbox and game 3 times to get into a match when it kept getting stuck on “applying update” screen after joining

Keep up the great work Blizzard

• Options
    Yeah I saw a headline with tips on fixing that :/ fuckin' early access game lol

• Options

It does around 50 DPS, it's still plenty threatening to act as area denial. It was an obscenely good ability before.

• Options
    KasynKasyn I'm not saying I don't like our chances. She called me the master.Registered User regular
    edited December 2022
    My personal take on the Sojourn changes...

She will continue to be the best DPS in the game by a significant, overwhelming margin.

Hard agree with the slide nerf (her mobility skill is insane - it has everything you could possibly ask for in a mobility skill on a DPS) and change to disruptor. I even agree with the change to primary fire, and while I know that has an impact on how often she's getting her railgun, they completely failed to touch the broken thing about the character.

Her range and lethality is the most oppressive thing about her and that's pretty much totally unchanged. They needed to roll back the projectile size buff to her railgun, reduce the damage to the point where even with Mercy she's not above the damage breakpoints, and probably tighten up the range at which the damage starts to fall off.

No character should have a hitscan ability that can 1 shot and has the projectile size of a Hanzo arrow, let alone one with the rest of the kit she has. She's essentially a medium-range Widow combined with a Soldier-esque damage profile, it's not okay.

Kasyn on
  • Options
    ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular
    edited December 2022
    Re:Hog
    If all you did was lower the damage per shot but raise the fire rate so the overall DPS is the same, that'd take away the one-shot capability and make him a bit less frustrating to go against. I think I'd prefer if they played up the tank angle more. Didn't he emit a gas cloud using breather at some point with similar functionality to JQ's shout? Or was that just some suggested thing? I suspect that they're probably going to lower his damage and lower the hook CD so he can be more disruptive in yanking people around, but it's not basically an auto-kill on anything even slightly squishy. Ana grenade buff is quite brutal on him, deservedly so.

Re: Sojourn
    Bomb still seems way too strong, and I honestly wouldn't be shocked if this was a low key buff to it by making it harder to tell that you're being affected by it. I think what they really need to do is take away the railgun's ability to headshot, though I suspect her extreme mobility is also causing a lot of problems. She just does way too much and way too easily.

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    Didn't they reduce damage and increase fire rate for hog years ago? I don't remember when or why they changed it back, though (if I'm remembering correctly).

Also, yes, there was that one experimental patch that messed around with the tanks. Roadhog's breather created a cloud of smoke that gave any allies in the area some damage resistance.

• Options
    YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    June 2017:
    Scrap Gun

Bullet damage decreased by 33%.
    Fire rate increased by 30%.
    Clip size increased from 4 to 5.

That was so long ago it was before you could heal while moving. They've fiddled a lot with both his spread and damage per pellet over the years, which has often impacted his ability to kill 200-225 hp targets or people with funky hitboxes like Ana.

Historically any time he hasn't been able to confirm kills solo he's been garbage. They'll need to massively buff other parts of his kit, like a 2s cd on hook or something, if they want his role to shift toward setting up for his team.

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
  • Options
    KasynKasyn I'm not saying I don't like our chances. She called me the master.Registered User regular
    edited December 2022
    Okay, rather than contribute to this thread with endless rants - however warranted I feel they may be - I have my own series of probably terrible, probably absurdly OP support reworks that I came up with for funsies. Bear in mind many of these would likely call for rebalancing elsewhere in the kit, but I do also think it's fine to bring the role's overall impact and power level up in the fashions I'm going to lay out here.

Mercy
    Caduceus Staff - Healing Surge & Damage Surge
    Mercy now has a pair of meters associated with her healing and damage boosts. Effective healing on a target will fill the Damage Surge meter, effective damage boosts will fill the Healing Surge meter.

When Surge meter is full, Mercy’s next activation of the corresponding beam type will create an over-time effect on the target. Healing Surge is a 20 HP/s heal that lasts for 4 seconds. (For perspective, Zenyatta Orb of Harmony is 30 HP/s.) Damage Surge is a 15% damage amplification for 4 seconds. Neither would require continuous beaming from the Mercy - they are a pure, unique over time effect - but both would stack with the normal beam effects from Mercy’s staff.

Mercy has been overshadowed as a primary healer in terms of pure throughput, especially as one of the few supports lacking burst healing options. This change would alleviate some of that while raising her skill ceiling in a way that has more to do with fight management and multitasking, not necessarily mechanical complexity. It would open up a considerable number of new gameplay decisions, where she can activate Surge to enable multiple teammates at once, focus her effects on one ally more than she was able to before, or get both healing and damage effects going simultaneously. Likely would have to take some power away from her to compensate, possibly by reducing the baseline heal and damage boost effects of the staff a small amount.

Zenyatta
    Discord Orb
    If a target dies with Discord Orb on, the orb automatically jumps to the lowest HP nearby enemy that is within LoS of the original target. (If the new target is no longer in LoS of the Zenyatta, it would disappear after 2s like normal.)

This leans into Zen’s strength as an offensive support and would smooth out his offense in the middle of teamfights. It would also create some interesting gameplay for his teams, where they’re incentivized to chain down discorded targets, and may also expose opponents that were otherwise unnoticed in the fight but still within LoS of an ally of theirs that died with Discord on. Possible that the base damage received would need to be toned down to 20% to compensate for this additional functionality. Or leave it untouched since Zenyatta would still retain his design as an immobile support hero vulnerable to pressure.

Moira
    Biotic Orb
    Moira can now target her own Biotic Orbs with Biotic Grasp secondary fire.

Biotic Orb - Healing
    Damaging your own Healing Orb gives enemies in its range a 20% healing received debuff for the duration. This also replenishes Moira’s healing meter as if it were a normal enemy player.

Biotic Orb - Damage
    Damaging your own Damage Orb gives enemies in its range a 20% damage done debuff for the duration.

Coalescence
    Now applies both the healing received and damage done debuffs to enemy players.

These changes do several things for Moira.
    • They finally give her some utility, without adding too much novel functionality: her utility would still be, appropriately, related to damage and healing.
    • Moira gains a means of replenishing her own healing energy without a nearby enemy (at the cost of a significant cooldown).
    • Creates additional gameplay choices in the middle of fights: healing orb gains offensive options, damage orb gains a defensive use. This is not meant to always be the optimal choice - often it will still be better to double down on healing or damage with the respective orbs.

Ana
    New Passive Ability - Concealment
    Holding crouch for 2s activates a stealth effect for 8s, at 70% movement speed. Attacking and using abilities breaks this effect. (10 second cooldown upon exiting) Taking damage during the activation prevents the effect.

Ana should retain her design as a low-mobility character, and a stealth passive would potentially give her more survivability without undoing that quality. The relatively long activation time (Baptiste Exo Boots take 0.7 seconds to charge, as a comparison.) means she would not be able to use this as an escape from most pressure, but it would allow her to prevent effective flanks if she is able to predict them. It would also allow her to sneakily reposition and open up interesting new plays and angles.

Baptiste
    Biotic Launcher
    The area of effect of Biotic Launcher heals is increased the further above his healing targets that Baptiste is, up to 5 meters. (Original AoE is 3m radius.)

This would help give Baptiste additional identity as a high ground healer, and as the best option for distanced area of effect healing. This could also create some interesting gameplay dynamics, where it becomes even more important to dislodge an enemy Bap from high ground to reduce his value. Nothing overwhelmingly strong, but would give him some new positional considerations and leans into a niche of his that synergizes with his vertical mobility.

Brigitte
    Inspire
    Inspire now affects friendly deployed barriers.

Shield Bash
    Now applies Dazed to the enemy, a debuff that does nothing on its own and lasts for 3s.

Whip Shot
    Whip Shot on a Dazed enemy now briefly knocks them down when they land from the knockback. Likely 0.5s, half the duration of the old stun.

Barrier Shield
    250 HP -> 350 HP

Inspire restoring barriers would strengthen her synergy with certain tanks, and with one less tank and the strength of DPS characters in OW2, I don’t think there would be a risk of this ushering in some kind of overwhelming barrier meta. A buff to her personal Barrier Shield would help resurrect some of her identity as one of the sturdiest supports. Brigitte would still be a very polarized support, potentially extraordinarily effective in brawl comps but still very limited in her ability to support her from a distance. These changes would give her even more presence in close quarters but would also bring back some of her effectiveness as the premiere peeling support in the backline, too. Yes, the dreaded stun returns - but at a reduced effect and requiring the commitment and execution of two different abilities. With the CC reduction passive tanks in OW2 have, this shouldn’t bring back the days of tanks getting batted around and controlled by a Brigitte.

Lucio/Kiriko
    I got nothin'. Their kits are well suited to the current game, they have each been just about always relevant to the meta, and they both have mobility and unique utility, alongside offensive potential.

Kasyn on
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    edited December 2022

It does around 50 DPS, it's still plenty threatening to act as area denial. It was an obscenely good ability before.

Yeah but the reason it was good was because of the slow. The damage was just an added bonus that they could have nerfed.

Basically instead of making interesting interactions work so far their philosophy seems to be to just remove the interaction entirely. Which is boring.

In general I feel like they are leaning a little too much into the standard shooter mentality of making everything pretty generic as not to disrupt the game in unforeseen ways.

We'll see though.

Dragkonias on
  • Options
    PailryderPailryder Registered User regular
    i would have rather soj change was no damage but still slows in that area, it makes it a more interesting tool to use, with some counter (kiri counters everything, lucio speed, zar bubble, give a zen orb holder speed reduction immunity and watch the reins go crazy)

• Options
    Kasyn wrote: »
    Okay, rather than contribute to this thread with endless rants - however warranted I feel they may be - I have my own series of probably terrible, probably absurdly OP support reworks that I came up with for funsies. Bear in mind many of these would likely call for rebalancing elsewhere in the kit, but I do also think it's fine to bring the role's overall impact and power level up in the fashions I'm going to lay out here.

Mercy
    Mercy now has a pair of meters associated with her healing and damage boosts. Effective healing on a target will fill the Damage Surge meter, effective damage boosts will fill the Healing Surge meter.

When Surge meter is full, Mercy’s next activation of the corresponding beam type will create an over-time effect on the target. Healing Surge is a 20 HP/s heal that lasts for 4 seconds. (For perspective, Zenyatta Orb of Harmony is 30 HP/s.) Damage Surge is a 15% damage amplification for 4 seconds. Neither would require continuous beaming from the Mercy - they are a pure, unique over time effect - but both would stack with the normal beam effects from Mercy’s staff.

Mercy has been overshadowed as a primary healer in terms of pure throughput, especially as one of the few supports lacking burst healing options. This change would alleviate some of that while raising her skill ceiling in a way that has more to do with fight management and multitasking, not necessarily mechanical complexity. It would open up a considerable number of new gameplay decisions, where she can activate Surge to enable multiple teammates at once, focus her effects on one ally more than she was able to before, or get both healing and damage effects going simultaneously. Likely would have to take some power away from her to compensate, possibly by reducing the baseline heal and damage boost effects of the staff a small amount.

Zenyatta
    Discord Orb
    If a target dies with Discord Orb on, the orb automatically jumps to the lowest HP nearby enemy that is within LoS of the original target. (If the new target is no longer in LoS of the Zenyatta, it would disappear after 2s like normal.)

This leans into Zen’s strength as an offensive support and would smooth out his offense in the middle of teamfights. It would also create some interesting gameplay for his teams, where they’re incentivized to chain down discorded targets, and may also expose opponents that were otherwise unnoticed in the fight but still within LoS of an ally of theirs that died with Discord on. Possible that the base damage received would need to be toned down to 20% to compensate for this additional functionality. Or leave it untouched since Zenyatta would still retain his design as an immobile support hero vulnerable to pressure.

Moira
    Biotic Orb

Biotic Orb - Healing
    Damaging your own Healing Orb gives enemies in its range a 20% healing received debuff for the duration. This also replenishes Moira’s healing meter as if it were a normal enemy player.

Biotic Orb - Damage
    Damaging your own Damage Orb gives enemies in its range a 20% damage done debuff for the duration.

Coalescence

• They finally give her some utility, without adding too much novel functionality: her utility would still be, appropriately, related to damage and healing.
    • Moira gains a means of replenishing her own healing energy without a nearby enemy (at the cost of a significant cooldown).
    • Creates additional gameplay choices in the middle of fights: healing orb gains offensive options, damage orb gains a defensive use. This is not meant to always be the optimal choice - often it will still be better to double down on healing or damage with the respective orbs.

Ana
    Holding crouch for 2s activates a stealth effect for 8s, at 70% movement speed. Attacking and using abilities breaks this effect. (10 second cooldown upon exiting) Taking damage during the activation prevents the effect.

Ana should retain her design as a low-mobility character, and a stealth passive would potentially give her more survivability without undoing that quality. The relatively long activation time (Baptiste Exo Boots take 0.7 seconds to charge, as a comparison.) means she would not be able to use this as an escape from most pressure, but it would allow her to prevent effective flanks if she is able to predict them. It would also allow her to sneakily reposition and open up interesting new plays and angles.

Baptiste
    Biotic Launcher
    The area of effect of Biotic Launcher heals is increased the further above his healing targets that Baptiste is, up to 5 meters. (Original AoE is 3m radius.)

This would help give Baptiste additional identity as a high ground healer, and as the best option for distanced area of effect healing. This could also create some interesting gameplay dynamics, where it becomes even more important to dislodge an enemy Bap from high ground to reduce his value. Nothing overwhelmingly strong, but would give him some new positional considerations and leans into a niche of his that synergizes with his vertical mobility.

Brigitte
    Inspire

Shield Bash
    Now applies Dazed to the enemy, a debuff that does nothing on its own and lasts for 3s.

Whip Shot
    Whip Shot on a Dazed enemy now briefly knocks them down when they land from the knockback. Likely 0.5s, half the duration of the old stun.

Barrier Shield
    250 HP -> 350 HP

Inspire restoring barriers would strengthen her synergy with certain tanks, and with one less tank and the strength of DPS characters in OW2, I don’t think there would be a risk of this ushering in some kind of overwhelming barrier meta. A buff to her personal Barrier Shield would help resurrect some of her identity as one of the sturdiest supports. Brigitte would still be a very polarized support, potentially extraordinarily effective in brawl comps but still very limited in her ability to support her from a distance. These changes would give her even more presence in close quarters but would also bring back some of her effectiveness as the premiere peeling support in the backline, too. Yes, the dreaded stun returns - but at a reduced effect and requiring the commitment and execution of two different abilities. With the CC reduction passive tanks in OW2 have, this shouldn’t bring back the days of tanks getting batted around and controlled by a Brigitte.

Lucio/Kiriko
    I got nothin'. Their kits are well suited to the current game, they have each been just about always relevant to the meta, and they both have mobility and unique utility, alongside offensive potential.

I like the effort you've put into these, but any Mercy rework that doesn't remove her damage boost isn't worth doing, in my opinion. This free damage boost fucks with the balance of the game in such a way that it leads to heroes that are either useless or busted. Pharah, for example, is never going to be in a good spot as long as Pharmercy is a thing.

• Options
    Feck it, I'm doin' it. I enjoy just turning over theoretical mechanics that don't exist in my head, and chatting about it.
    Mercy

Disagree. 2 reasons. 1 - beyond the problematic nature of the blue beam as it exists now, which I wouldn't mind just being trashed, I don't see Mercy's heals as lackluster or really needing a boost. It's true she can't save a tank who's being burst down like a Moira, Ana or Kiriko can - but Mercy's heals also aren't blocked by shields, and unlike the above, she cannot miss her heals.

That, plus Mercy's high survivability, plus Valk, means she will put out more heals over the course of a match than all but the most dedicated Anas and Baps. Giving her a route to do yet bigger healing numbers will allow her to completely overshadow the skill-based supports. Giving her a route to heal as much as an Ana on a single target feels OP to me, given all her other strengths. It removes her weakness. It's good for heroes to have their weaknesses, that they may excel and be heroically strong in other areas.

2 - both the damage boost and heal over time change would be near impossible to track for the enemy team. Ah Mercy just left I can now jump this McCree - what! Who's healing him?!

3 - damage beam plus damage surge gives the DPS you're pocketing a 45% damage increase? Noooooo.
    Zenyatta
    Discord Orb

I play a lot of Zen and don't think he needs any kind of boost, but imagine you're an enemy and you suddenly get discorded by a Zenyatta who does not have LoS on you and tell me that feels fair. There is no counterplay, no way for the enemy team to clock it. It's too random and "lucky/unlucky."

Beyond that, the only one who can see the discorded enemy's location is Zen himself - not a huge boon for the team - and we tend to fling the discords out very fast, nullifying this effect. I don't think this is necessary.
    Moira
    Biotic Orb

Biotic Orb - Healing

Biotic Orb - Damage

Coalescence

Nooooo remember that patch where Moira did debuff damage done by enemies? She could survive high noons, Dva bombs and so on? It was a terrible experience for the other side and was almost-immediately patched out. Super unfun to play against.

Ram's ult was first announced with a 50% damage reduction to enemies and they patched that out before they even released him.

The problem with Moira is she's super-survivable and can put out massive heals and can do big damage and kill participation. Like Mercy, it's okay to have a super survivable healer who can do huge heal numbers over the course of a match. Like Mercy, it needs to be okay to have a weakness - in this case, a total lack of utility. Giving Moira a low-grade version of Ana's nade would make Moira OP.
    Ana

I... I fucking love this.

No notes.

Wait make it a 1 sec activation time instead of 2. With a sound effect to alert enemies that there's a stealthed Ana nearby.

Yes.
    Baptiste
    Biotic Launcher

Nah Bap's heal numbers are already strong, and it's good he really needs to aim his heals. If I'd change anything about him I'd nerf his gun to 60 damage per burst. DPS Baps outdamage Soldier, and that's fucking stupid.
    Brigitte
    Inspire

Shield Bash

Whip Shot

Barrier Shield
    250 HP -> 350 HP

Ehhhh. On the one hand, I don't know any tank player who'd say "I wouldn't want this." On the other hand, with Overwatch 2 we just got away from overpowered and omnipresent shields. This takes us a step backwards, I feel.

The stun, well... First I don't like how convoluted its execution is for the Brig. A stun needs to be a quick, reflex-ready quickdraw. I'd say remove the combo execution, remove the 0.5 of stun and allow Brig an interrupt on her Shield Bash. Perhaps reduce its damage, increase its cooldown - and permit Brig to once again Shield Bash a Rein out of Charge, a Cassidy out of High Noon, a Moira out of Coal and so on. They aren't stunned and vulnerable as a result, but a Brig on high ground can see an ulting Pharah and go "nope."

Of course it could also be used to cancel Pulse Bomb and EMP if timed perfectly.

This gives Brig back some of the utility that OW2 removed from her, and makes her more dangerous in close quarters, as she should be. Imagine Brigs bashing a Sojourn out of her slide...

Idk if I'd increase her barrier health, but she might need it.

• Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular

Mercy

Zenyatta
    Discord Orb

Moira
    Biotic Orb

Biotic Orb - Healing

Biotic Orb - Damage

Coalescence

Ana

Baptiste
    Biotic Launcher

Brigitte
    Inspire

Shield Bash

Whip Shot

Barrier Shield
    250 HP -> 350 HP

Lucio/Kiriko

I like the effort you've put into these, but any Mercy rework that doesn't remove her damage boost isn't worth doing, in my opinion. This free damage boost fucks with the balance of the game in such a way that it leads to heroes that are either useless or busted. Pharah, for example, is never going to be in a good spot as long as Pharmercy is a thing.

IMO the damage boost was a balanced part of her kit for when there were 2 tanks per team

And TBH, I miss that slower, more strategic gameplay flow

• Options
    If I had my way, Mercy would lose rez, as well. However, that's a core part of her identity, so I know that's never going to happen.

• Options

Mercy

Zenyatta
    Discord Orb

Moira
    Biotic Orb

Biotic Orb - Healing

Biotic Orb - Damage

Coalescence

Ana

Baptiste
    Biotic Launcher

Brigitte
    Inspire

Shield Bash

Whip Shot

Barrier Shield
    250 HP -> 350 HP

Lucio/Kiriko

I'm seeing a lot of this take lately and I think there's some validity to it but also I think it would be too much for the game to totally vacate that design space for supports, or leave it to support ults alone. I'm for opening the window of ways that supports can impact the game, not narrowing it. I do think it requires careful consideration of breakpoints though - I agree with removing Ashe's ability to one shot with a Mercy boost and am completely in favor of toning down Sojourn until that is the case for her as well. As far as Pharah goes, I'm okay with some of the roster being a little polarized depending on certain synergies. This is a game of adjustments, synergies and counterpicks and I wouldn't like to see that flattened out to where everyone is equally versatile and independent.

There's huge antipathy for the less mechanically intensive supports - Mercy / Moira / Brig - and I'm not too interested in seeing so many of these characters stagnate because people hate the idea of anything that's not a nerf to them. I'm all about giving them better functions and adding to their dynamism but in a way that ups the skill ceilings, I think that's the direction to go there.

• Options
    edited December 2022
    As far as that Mercy thing goes I don't think it would be too bad if they just hard-coded in a maximum damage boost threshold.

Hell they might have to eventually.

Dragkonias on
  • Options
    As far as that Mercy thing goes I don't think it would be too bad if they just hard-coded in a maximum damage boost threshold.

Hell they might have to eventually.

If there is, it's at least 100% (through a Bap window).