Options

[FFBE] THIS THREAD IS DEAD, LONG LIVE NEW THREAD

• Options
    DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    See, on the one hand, I absolutely would want a NV Terra. On the other hand, does she still use CWA, which breaks the instant you use tri or quad casting?

Steam ID: Right here.
  • Options
    CruorCruor Registered User regular
    Drascin wrote: »
    See, on the one hand, I absolutely would want a NV Terra. On the other hand, does she still use CWA, which breaks the instant you use tri or quad casting?

She uses Mystic Cross in JP, which is their version of our CWA...so yes. It's truly unfortunate that CWA has such issues chaining, and utterly bizarre that the issues are exacerbated depending on what type of cell phone you have.

Gumi has said in the past that they were considering adding in some form of chaining tool in the game. It would be so useful if you could just like, long press on a unit and click a button that says "Chain" and then you just click on every unit you want to chain with and bam, you tap one and they all go at once.

• Options
    Okay, I have a basic reliable strategy for the Pegasus.

Turn 1, kill the white fairy with the Rems and have Rosa break the barrier while everyone else is setting up and Tifa charges her laser. This will cause the pegasus to lose its damage mitigation, but also do a big AoE physical attack that hurts noticeably and blinds the entire party - bring some way to break its attack. I personally am just bringing Sylvie for decent breaks and a bunch of resists.
    Turn 2, Rosa heals the blindness and casts +50% bird killer on the entire party, then Rems chain and Tifa smashes.
    Turn 3, kill the straggler dark fairy that can't do anything without its boss.

It's not very quick for a thing that you have to do 25 goddamned times for all the necessary emblems, but it seems 100% reliable.

• Options
    ReignerReigner Registered User regular
    So as someone without a Rosa

Whos a good Barrier breaker?

Exodus Server: Venstra Rei
    FFBE: 838,975,107
    Dokkan: 1668363315
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    The advantage of Rosa is that unlike most multi-attack skills, hers is targeted, so if there's minions you don't need to pray that the random attacks will actually go for the boss.

The Noctises have unlockable targeted multiattacks, if memory serves, so if you're doing T2 kills with Tifa anyway you might as well use one of them.

EDIT: This guy seems to have put together some lists.

Drascin on
  • Options
    I've just about run out of stuff to do. I cleaned out everything I wanted from the MK store, including all of the forticite. I got the second 5*/NV EX ticket. I've done the story event and farmed enough insignias to max out the brave abilities of both VoTD and Rain. I'm gonna be done with the latest story update soon. Thankfully we get the next story revisit quests batch soon so I'll have that to do.

I guess I could go actually do more clears of the chamber of the vengeful after I finish up the story stuff.

• Options
    Oh hey, the daily summon had a crystal break into rainbow for Alexlotte #2. Now the question is, is she better than my enhanced SSCharlotte.

(Also, I'm told SSCharlotte is the one that gets the NV awakening, which is good for me because I think I'm on SSC#7 or so).

Anyway, rather considering tossing a 5K roll on the Rain banner because I did get Rain and logins have me missing 10 shards to get him to EX+1. I don't expect I'll be using him that much when Tifa is right there, mind, but having an option for physical fire might be a good idea.

• Options
    Alexander Charlotte is primarily a physical tank (and a damn good one) with some off-magic tanking, much like Sieghard. Shame that physical tanks are pretty much the least necessary of the roles.

• Options
    edited August 2020
    So as someone with 150% in STMR Moogles, and enough UoCs to get anyone in the shop. Who has the best weapons in the game right now. Apparently Item world isnt as common as it use to be? So Id like to take advantage while I can.

Mainly looking at anything with a blade since Im gonna be trying hard for NV Elena

Current thoughts are:
    Using a 50% to finish off Radiant Lightning
    And then:
    Buying Elevens Prism and using a Moogle
    Or
    Buying a second MMXon and using a Moogle
    Or
    7staring Xeno and using a Moogle

Reigner on
  • Options
    ZomroZomro Registered User regular
    Cruor wrote: »
    Next MK in JP is FF6. Free unit is Strago, banner units are NV Terra, 5-7* Relm, and Shadow and Kefka get enhancements and NV Awakenings. Relm looks like a fun support and brings a new type of skill - Weapon Imperils. She can Imperil against Rods. Shadow also has a Katana Imperil.

Speculation is that there will be an FF6 raid soon with NV Celes. Which, uh, yes please. If that is the case I'd put 5-7* Setzer on that banner, and hopefully it comes with NV Awakenings for Locke and the Figabros.

I do like more FF6 love, but another Terra? I like Terra, but they know there's more characters in FF6 right? Celes, Cyan, Gau and Setzer could use some more attention. And what about Mog and Umaro? I'd say Gogo, but I doubt they could translate a mimic character in a satisfying way.

Relm being a support means she may have a use despite not being NV. And it's great they're adding Strago, but the thing FFBE did where every blue mage is a free unit is pretty annoying. Instead of adding blue magic in a meaningful and engaging way, they just went, "Blue mages are all F2P and so we don't have to make them good or interesting". Kimahri is the only one that's really usable and that's because of his mirage skill, which isn't even one of his blue magic spells.

Definitely need to see how weapon imperils work. At face value, it'd seem to just be another boost for physical DPS over magic, but you say that Relm has a rod imperil. So it'll check what weapon the user has even when dealing magic damage? It sounds odd.

• Options
    Reigner wrote: »
    So as someone with 150% in STMR Moogles, and enough UoCs to get anyone in the shop. Who has the best weapons in the game right now. Apparently Item world isnt as common as it use to be? So Id like to take advantage while I can.

Mainly looking at anything with a blade since Im gonna be trying hard for NV Elena

Current thoughts are:
    Using a 50% to finish off Radiant Lightning
    And then:
    Buying Elevens Prism and using a Moogle
    Or
    Buying a second MMXon and using a Moogle
    Or
    7staring Xeno and using a Moogle

Zeno has one of the best STMR katanas in the game. It's just ridiculous how good it is. Innate boosts to ATK and human killers is really really nice. Radiant Lightning's is also good, but TDW is not too difficult to cap and Dark Ragnarok++ will likely be better than it on TDW units anyway. Also, WH Raegen's STMR is a direct upgrade over Radiant Lightning's. Eleven's STMR is going to continue being great for LB builds. MMXon's is fantastic if you don't have Locke's.

Overall I'd be choosing between Zeno and MMXon.

That being said, if you're going for NV Elena...thats tough. It's hard to plan for NV Elena since we have no idea what sort of unit she will be. Will she be a regular hybrid like old Elena, or will she be more of WoTV Gilgamesh type hybrid, where she has a split between magical and physical skills. Or will she be physical in one form and magical in another? There's a lot we don't know about her yet and I'd recommend waiting until we know more. Also, chances are her STMR is going to be amazing, so saving an STMR Moogle for her is probably a good idea.

• Options
    I have 2 Lockes and a single MMXon, Lockes is better than Xons?

And Im not even considering Dark Visions because I cant even beat the second fight, so any ++ weapons are off the table

• Options

And Im not even considering Dark Visions because I cant even beat the second fight, so any ++ weapons are off the table

It depends on what you want the Dagger for. They have the same flat ATK and 30% Physical Evade. Locke's Dagger also has 20% magical evade, where MMXon's grants Dual-Wield and 100% LB fill rate.

• Options
    Oh holy hell, got NV Cloud#3 from the daily 4 pull. Pretty happy with that. He came with the Rain/Lasswell/VoTD Vision Card as well, which I didn't have yet.

• Options
    Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular

Personally I'd just wait. NV Elena info will be here before we know it and then you can make an informed decision.

It's hard to say which is "better". MMXon's has DW built in, which is nice if your support doesn't have innate DW. Rinora for example doesn't seem to have any. Locke's has magic evade, but since it doesn't stack, I'm not sure how much 20% really matters since other RNG might scrub your trial run. Of course you could pull a Seeker of Freedom Vaan here as well and his has the 30% Evade and 30% Provoke on it.

Personally I wouldn't use the STMR ticket on anything as limiting as a normal weapon though. Zeno's STMR is a amazing katana, but then who uses one handed katana's right now? Neither new NV can. As someone who has every amazing Katana materia in the game, I'm dying for an amazing TDW katana user. CG Lightning is in the pool, and while good, you may get another one of her to finish it off (since we don't have 50% STMR moogles). Eleven's might be the only one I'd consider since it's variance is really good and LB damage seems to be the new meta. Even with the DV weapons, dual wielding LB users would like it. Which right now is Cloud's BS LB, not sure if other TDW LB units are in the pipe.

Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
  • Options
    Well, NV Cloud can use katanas in his BS form. But yeah, I would wait until NV Elena happens to really commit on STMR weapons. That might mean having to wait until the next IW to enhance whatever weapons those are, but I'm able to WAY overcap ATK on NV units so that shouldn't be too much of a problem.

• Options
    ArtereisArtereis Registered User regular
    Picked up CG Firion from a blue ticket today, which actually got me his STMR, which turns out is another amazing ark + killers materia. Pretty pleased about that because I just used an Omni and STMR moogle on Flammie.

• Options
    LorekLorek Registered User regular
    Daily 4-pull came down four blues... except the second one broke blue->gold->rainbow->NV. Got my 3rd Cloud now I guess. That was unexpected. But I finally got a different vision card; now I have the airship one!

• Options
    TipharesTiphares Registered User regular
    I got SD Akstar #4 from the Free 4 summon today. That's a nice 186 ATK 2H katana just in time for IW! I guess it will be a great weapon for PG Lasswell when he gets his NV awakening.

• Options
    Oh hey, Chocobo Fina #4. This looks like a significantly good STMR. But seriously, my poor money reserves.

• Options
    Is anyone getting anything good from IW? I have yet to get a single rare and I'm getting some really bad rolls. I got 3 Atk+1% on level 7, I've ended weapons with 3% stats, just some bad rolling.

• Options
    Trajan45 wrote: »
    Is anyone getting anything good from IW? I have yet to get a single rare and I'm getting some really bad rolls. I got 3 Atk+1% on level 7, I've ended weapons with 3% stats, just some bad rolling.

It took me a ton of attempts to get the rare on King Rain's STMR.

• Options

I finally managed to get Rare+ATK 7%+ATK 5% on Supreme Sword of Light after running it exclusively since IW has been up. That's been the only rare that's show up so far.
    IW rates are garbage as always; I am not looking for now trying to do the DV Rod and Rem's STMR.
    Rem's STMR especially because I don't want the dagger rare, just MAG% and I almost feel like the 15% ATK or MAG stats are even more rare than the "rare".

• Options
    Got the rare/unique/10% HP on the event rod. Should be a pretty decent weapon for TDW hybrids that can use rods.

• Options
    Yeah its been rough. Like getting 3%s at lvl 10 rough. Or just all useless blueIcon abilities.

I got the unique on the event weapon and I feel like thats the best Im gonna do.

• Options
    ArtereisArtereis Registered User regular
    I got the rare on Tifa's STMR in one pass, which I consider a big enough victory. I'm trying for good rolls on Ashen Ember and Durandal and haven't landed anything spectacular so far.

• Options
    edited September 2020
    Decided to TMR moogle (of my available 600%) the Terra I apparently had lying around. While I cant fully know Elena's build, her being a TDW Sword user that utilizes a MAG stat somewhere is almost guaranteed, and my current best MAG sword is a pair of Fry Needles.

Reigner on
  • Options
    I like how Gumi thinks we can't do math and the Player Vote option 1 & 2 is between 40 free summons with 4 guaranteed rainbows or 30 free summons with no guarantees.

• Options
    Was regular Cloud an NV option in JP? How good was he? I have a bunch of that guy.

• Options
    edited September 2020
    I haven't really been doing IW. There was already far too much shit to farm, to be quite honest.

EDIT: ...well. So the premium ticket came down Merc Ramza 2 and Morgana 5, so eh, but on the other hand I spent fifteen slot tokens and got two 5*/NV ex tickets. I guess I'll be saving these until some NV that I actually want comes out, just in case.

Drascin on
  • Options
    5* 10+1 was Galuf. Standard 10+1 was another Tifa so shes now EX2. Wish I could get more Cactuar cards to lvl 7 the FFVII VC

• Options
    Was regular Cloud an NV option in JP? How good was he? I have a bunch of that guy.

Yeah, he came out with Aerith on JP. Red XIII is the only weird one that's just been moved around so far, for some reason.
    No idea how Cloud's numbers math out but he looks like a TDH-chainer/finisher. He gets perma-triple cast in both forms.
    His base form supports Octaslash and Stardust Ray and his brave shift can do Stardust Ray or AMoE.

• Options
    Heres hoping Aerith comes in the freebies. Unsure I want to dip into my 20k Lapis or 60 tickets. But I need support more than I need Damage. But Elena is probably my favorite unit in this game. Hrm

• Options
    Got SDAkstar#3 and OG DFina#8 from free pulls today. I don't plan on pulling at all for Aerith as she's not really much better of a healer than Dr.Aiden. She does nice damage in her BS form but I'm not really hurting for damage dealers (nor is anyone since we all got Tifa, the most busted character in the game currently, for free).

• Options
    edited September 2020
    But but but Magic DPS for Dark Visions!
    I dunno, I'll see what the banner multi-summon bonus is for Aerith before deciding if I want to roll the dice a little. Or maybe even what the next banner is.
    The fact that you have to do two multis now to get 20 shards instead of 10 for her EX+1 is a little annoying too.

Free rainbows today were Lotus Mage Fina #6 (one more for eventual EX+1 for her NV), Elephim #2, and OG Lightning #6.
    Decided to buy out the 3 5* EX tickets from the coin shop now that we've seen the last coin update contents. Got CG Onion Knight #1, Assassin Shadow #2, and Beatrix #9.
    Really hoping Beatrix gets an NVA whenever they get around to FF9.

Lorek on
  • Options
    All I know is that Elena and Yoshikiri are coming this month and my Lapis may not be safe.

• Options
    Trying to figure out in my head when Elena is most likely now that we know when the 5* tickets are (10th and 24th).
    GL exclusive events are usually wave battles (ugh). These are close enough to Mog Kings that I could see the 5* ticket thing being one of those.
    The next three NV units after Aerith were Akstar (mog king), Sol (story event), and Gabranth (raid).

As much as I don't want to wait for Elena to be the very last week of September, I have a feeling we're going to do Akstar->Sol and then continue the GL tradition of not having Gabranth units and he gets ejected for Elena on the last week. Though that puts the Elena banner right in story update+story reset period, right after a theoretical story event and when we are at our most lapis-flush for the month. That doesn't seem Gumi-esque.

• Options
    10+1 ticket had 2 rainbows in it (MW Terra #2 and Lakshmi Lid #3). The G5 10+1 was Vincent #4 and 10 blues.

• Options
    Man the story revisit quests give a bunch of Lapis this time (7520 all told). I'm hoping that the Elena/Yoshikiri banner has some sort of safety net. I wonder if they'll share a banner, or if each of them will have an individual banner...

• Options
    edited September 2020
    I have a ton of good magic equipment at this point (including multiple STMRs). I'm not sure I want to run the event rod through. Has anyone done the maths to see if it's worth it to use at all? I did not see anything on reddit, but I could have missed it.

Tiphares on