Options

[FFBE] THIS THREAD IS DEAD, LONG LIVE NEW THREAD

• Options
    ReignerReigner Registered User regular
    edited August 2020
    5 Copies minimum for effective NV awakenings makes things a bit sucky. I only have 3 DVs so I cant even awaken him let alone +1. I hope we get more options to start getting 50% STMR Moogles

Edit: Also I was very sad to learn upon my return that the world revisit quests are only limited time things. So completely missed part 2-6 :(:(

Reigner on
    Exodus Server: Venstra Rei
    FFBE: 838,975,107
    Dokkan: 1668363315
  • Options
    CiriraCirira IowaRegistered User regular
    I have a 7* Dark Veritas and 5 more copies of him. I still don't quite get how the NVs work for shards and stuff so not sure what that equates to. I also have NV Tifa + a 6star copy and 5 extra copies of her at 5* beyond that. Should I convert those to shards first? Get the other 6* to NV first? I'm confused on this whole process for the most part.

• Options
    TipharesTiphares Registered User regular
    edited August 2020
    Free 4 summon gave me my first Karlette. Nearly 4 years to get a single copy... RNG!

I only have 2 copies of Dark Veritas. I guess he will be NV eventually.

Tiphares on
  • Options
    CruorCruor Registered User regular
    I have VoTD's STMR + 2 copies, so with the shards from the SOON shop I could get his EX+1. His JP form looks...ok. Kinda hope they give him some GL love, especially since we don't have his latent abilities on GL yet and probably won't for a long while.

I'm probably gonna just wait until we see what is added to the SOON shop on 9/3 before committing. I may also pull another VoTD by then with all the free pulls.

• Options
    500 Soon coins gets DV STMR Moogle it seems. So I could +1 him with my 3rd copy? I shouldn't have used all my Soon coins buying Brave Ability shards, didn't realize the shop was getting an update.

• Options
    You need STMR'd unit + 1 extra copy to NV Awaken. Then, you need two more copies to get to EX+1.

Here's an NV infographic that was posted earlier but I'll post it here again. Eventually I'll put it in the main post (when I get around to rewriting it):
    9pnoofbhh2s0.jpg

• Options
    DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    So, next banner is Bruce and Rinora, both of which I like but both of which are useless because we're in NV meta now and they will never get an NV form, yet another Rain, and feckin Dark Veritas. Boo.

Steam ID: Right here.
  • Options
    LorekLorek Registered User regular
    Reigner wrote: »
    5 Copies minimum for effective NV awakenings makes things a bit sucky. I only have 3 DVs so I cant even awaken him let alone +1. I hope we get more options to start getting 50% STMR Moogles

Edit: Also I was very sad to learn upon my return that the world revisit quests are only limited time things. So completely missed part 2-6 :(:(

The Overdrive coin shop is getting updated to have a 100% STMR moogle for him. So you could throw that moogle at your 7* DV and then one have 1 left over, convert him to 25 shards which is enough to NV him. Not enough to get EX+1 for brave shift but it's something. Now if you fused the 3rd one in already and he's sitting at 50% STMR total, then yeah, boned, sorry :( Generally recommended to never merge in the 3rd unit until you have the second just because 50% STMR moogles don't really exist.
    Cirira wrote: »
    I have a 7* Dark Veritas and 5 more copies of him. I still don't quite get how the NVs work for shards and stuff so not sure what that equates to. I also have NV Tifa + a 6star copy and 5 extra copies of her at 5* beyond that. Should I convert those to shards first? Get the other 6* to NV first? I'm confused on this whole process for the most part.

Tifa's big source of damage is as a finisher, so it's not terribly useful to have a second NV copy. But she does still have chain moves with high multipliers, so she can do chains and then do a double-finish off of support chainers in your party. But then you need to actually enhance her chaining moves and the forticite enhancement materials are still a pretty rare commodity right now. Is your NV Tifa at EX+1 already or just awakened to NV?

You need 25 shards to go from 7* to NV. Then 50 shards for EX+1. Then 75 shards for EX+2. Generally EX+3 isn't a good idea for the old units because it takes the higher tier orb which is the hardest thing to get right now.
    I would convert your dupes until you have either 75 or 125 shards (depending on whether you're already at EX+1 or not). Get your current NV Tifa to EX+2.
    Then if you still have dupes left, get another Tifa 7*/100% STMR and convert her to NV to boost your NV unit count for the expert quests.

• Options
    Drascin wrote: »
    So, next banner is Bruce and Rinora, both of which I like but both of which are useless because we're in NV meta now and they will never get an NV form, yet another Rain, and feckin Dark Veritas. Boo.

Rinora is a good unit. He has a ton of good support and mitigations and also I'm pretty sure enemy specific mitigations on top of that (x% reduced damage from beasts, etc).

• Options
    CiriraCirira IowaRegistered User regular
    Lorek wrote: »

The Overdrive coin shop is getting updated to have a 100% STMR moogle for him. So you could throw that moogle at your 7* DV and then one have 1 left over, convert him to 25 shards which is enough to NV him. Not enough to get EX+1 for brave shift but it's something. Now if you fused the 3rd one in already and he's sitting at 50% STMR total, then yeah, boned, sorry :( Generally recommended to never merge in the 3rd unit until you have the second just because 50% STMR moogles don't really exist.
    Cirira wrote: »

Tifa's big source of damage is as a finisher, so it's not terribly useful to have a second NV copy. But she does still have chain moves with high multipliers, so she can do chains and then do a double-finish off of support chainers in your party. But then you need to actually enhance her chaining moves and the forticite enhancement materials are still a pretty rare commodity right now. Is your NV Tifa at EX+1 already or just awakened to NV?

You need 25 shards to go from 7* to NV. Then 50 shards for EX+1. Then 75 shards for EX+2. Generally EX+3 isn't a good idea for the old units because it takes the higher tier orb which is the hardest thing to get right now.
    I would convert your dupes until you have either 75 or 125 shards (depending on whether you're already at EX+1 or not). Get your current NV Tifa to EX+2.
    Then if you still have dupes left, get another Tifa 7*/100% STMR and convert her to NV to boost your NV unit count for the expert quests.

My current one is NV+1. It's the getting the STMR vs not getting it and sharding extra copies. I have some characters I have 8-10 copies of and it seems like getting the STMR is required for NV but beyond that it's whether or not their STMR is a good choice or not?

• Options
    edited August 2020
    500 Soon coins gets DV STMR Moogle it seems. So I could +1 him with my 3rd copy? I shouldn't have used all my Soon coins buying Brave Ability shards, didn't realize the shop was getting an update.

Did you get all the Overdrive Coin Trials? They're like 1000 coins each or something ridiculous. It's in the daily quest spot; swipe right a couple times. There's a couple trials to re-clear the really old Chamber of the Fallen bosses for a ton of coins.

Edit:
    Also @Cruor; you should probably just edit that infographic into the OP, it seems to show up once a page or so now :P

Lorek on
  • Options
    Cruor wrote: »

Rinora is a good unit. He has a ton of good support and mitigations and also I'm pretty sure enemy specific mitigations on top of that (x% reduced damage from beasts, etc).

It's something, at least! Dunno if he'd be able to dethrone Sylvie from the support spot, though.

I'm still hoping Daisy gets a good unit, too. Not actually expecting her to, but I'd like to hope.

• Options
    Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular

I have the same issues with side stories. It sucks that some early ones were really good and if you started late you never get to do them.

Sadly GUMI's #1 priority is to keep people playing. So setting the revisit quests with a timer is a good way to keep someone logging in.

Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
  • Options
    Cruor wrote: »

It's something, at least! Dunno if he'd be able to dethrone Sylvie from the support spot, though.

I'm still hoping Daisy gets a good unit, too. Not actually expecting her to, but I'd like to hope.

Daisy, in JP, is a great physical tank with mitigations and barriers. She won't be coming to Global for awhile yet according to the roadmap, so she might be an NV base when we get her? Who knows.

• Options

Did you get all the Overdrive Coin Trials? They're like 1000 coins each or something ridiculous. It's in the daily quest spot; swipe right a couple times. There's a couple trials to re-clear the really old Chamber of the Fallen bosses for a ton of coins.

Edit:
    Also @Cruor; you should probably just edit that infographic into the OP, it seems to show up once a page or so now :P

Yeah all except Shinryu and boy howdy can I not get past Turn 1 Shinryu.

• Options
    edited August 2020
    Alright, I updated the OP with NV info, fixed some missing links, and added a link to FFBE Equip. Is there anything else you guys would like to see in the OP?

Edit: I also deleted a lot of unnecessary fluff so that you wouldn't have to dig through it to get the useful info.

Cruor on
  • Options
    edited August 2020

Edit:

Is the pre-emptive killing you? Just need to gear for 100% water resistance or some kind of guts, should do it. Then NV Tifa should be able to one-shot him basically if you can fill her LB on turn 1.
    I was able to one-shot him with Kuja's LB on turn 1 and his LB modifier is smaller than Tifa's so you shouldn't need any chainers or her LB buff. Kuja's LB does have a 70% DEF/SPR break that gets applied beforehand though, so you'll want to gear a breaker to survive as well.

Lorek on
  • Options
    marajimaraji Registered User regular
    I might be done. This is a grind too far. I don’t have the time to even do the grinds anymore, let alone get to the stuff the grinds are building to.

I just pulled two NV clouds this morning and I’m looking at all the shards/vouchers/stupidcite/pearls/cards/emblems/etc needed and some of it is limited time to get but it’s not clear what the return time frame is and I just can’t.

And now there’s a whole bother round of the same crap next week. Just. Ugh

• Options
    edited August 2020

Edit:

Is the pre-emptive killing you? Just need to gear for 100% water resistance or some kind of guts, should do it. Then NV Tifa should be able to one-shot him basically if you can fill her LB on turn 1.
    I was able to one-shot him with Kuja's LB on turn 1 and his LB modifier is smaller than Tifa's so you shouldn't need any chainers or her LB buff. Kuja's LB does have a 70% DEF/SPR break that gets applied beforehand though, so you'll want to gear a breaker to survive as well.

I can survive the preemptive, but cant get her LB up. Also I cant see how she can unchaincap LB and do enough damage?

Edit: Just went all in on that idea Kryle to break, Fid to LB fill, Bartz to entrust. Tifa with two sources of Dragon Killer, lvl 30 LB, and 195% LB damage from gear only did 2% damage

Reigner on
  • Options

Edit:

I can survive the preemptive, but cant get her LB up. Also I cant see how she can unchaincap LB and do enough damage?

Edit: Just went all in on that idea Kryle to break, Fid to LB fill, Bartz to entrust. Tifa with two sources of Dragon Killer, lvl 30 LB, and 195% LB damage from gear only did 2% damage

Is your NV Tifa at EX+1? Are you using the old Slot Roulette LB, are are you using the Braveshift LB (True Final Heaven)?

• Options
    Yup EX1 Final Heaven LB

Capped a flood chain and got him to 84%...

• Options
    Yup EX1 Final Heaven LB

Capped a flood chain and got him to 84%...

Are you fighting the original Shinryu, or are you fighting the Scorn version? The SOON coin mission is for the original, easier version.

• Options
    edited August 2020
    Nope. Definitely doing Chamber of the Fallen, Dragon of the Abyss ELT.

And Im also using Kryle to dispell the hidden 40% buff from Mighty Guard as well

Reigner on
  • Options
    Looks like you're right.. maybe I didn't do this one with Kuja... well, damn, sorry about that.
    Definitely should have done more than 16% on a cap, though. Well, I can setup a Cloud or Tifa friend if you want to tackle it like a normal trial.
    Basically need a magic tank with 130% fire/lightning, 100% water/ice resistances if you can manage. That and high general mitigation should be enough to keep you alive a couple rounds to do some real damage.

• Options
    maraji wrote: »
    I might be done. This is a grind too far. I don’t have the time to even do the grinds anymore, let alone get to the stuff the grinds are building to.

I just pulled two NV clouds this morning and I’m looking at all the shards/vouchers/stupidcite/pearls/cards/emblems/etc needed and some of it is limited time to get but it’s not clear what the return time frame is and I just can’t.

And now there’s a whole bother round of the same crap next week. Just. Ugh

I think the 'newness' is keeping me in, but I'm not sure how much longer. It's not the worst, the ability awakening stuff is just replacing Crysts with the emblems as thrown in. Pearls/Shards are just the new 6* awakening mats. Cards are new all together and seem like new equipment.

For me time and content are the main things. We're seeing 5K attack Clouds, so we're going to need to see some content tailored to NV soon. Time, I can't do much about. I'm going to give it a couple cycles but this round has been brutal. I'm not even to the first MK ticket yet. Let alone grinding emblems. The Soon quests are part of it as I'd rather not do arena but they throw that at me.

We'll see. I'll probably give it a couple months. I'm still not sure how I feel about the entire NV system and how I have 10 Ace's just sitting around that probably won't get any boost, and while I'm ok just moving on, the 1.25% rate with no safety net sucks. I get no UoC as that was a fix for 7*'s. But no step ups or anything kind of blows.

• Options
    JP has been better about their safety nets. The latest permanent NV banners (Fina&Daisy, Physalis, Onion Knight) have all had a safety net of 40k Lapis = 1 guaranteed NV through ticket exchange. However, the KH banner was after Fina&Daisy but didn't have any sort of safety net.

• Options
    edited August 2020
    It's just weird. The older these games get the more generous they tend to become to keep players around. Yet here we are as I understand it with a 1.25% rate which is less than the 1.5% on banner rate before and way less than the combined 5% on/off banner Rainbows.

EDIT: Do we end up getting unit fragments from quests or daily stuff? I'd assume the SOONtm stuff will end at some point and the shop will stop updating. Thinking about it, if we don't, that means for EX+1 we're basically pulling 2 units again.

Trajan45 on
  • Options
    Unit fragment/transcention pearl bundles have been available for every NV unit released in JP. The fragment bundles are like the Cloud fragment bundle we got - 5k lapis for enough fragments to EX+1 the unit. So yeah, generally it'll be pull unit and then grab the 5k fragment bundle. There have, I think, been additional login bonuses in JP for NV units that gave fragments.

• Options
    Trajan45 wrote: »
    It's just weird. The older these games get the more generous they tend to become to keep players around. Yet here we are as I understand it with a 1.25% rate which is less than the 1.5% on banner rate before and way less than the combined 5% on/off banner Rainbows.

EDIT: Do we end up getting unit fragments from quests or daily stuff? I'd assume the SOONtm stuff will end at some point and the shop will stop updating. Thinking about it, if we don't, that means for EX+1 we're basically pulling 2 units again.

We should eventually get a daily stage where you get some kind of shard drop based on what characters you run through the stage. I'm not sure how it specifically works but I think even limited time shards can drop, so like NV Sora you can still eventually raise even after his collab is gone.

• Options
    Yeah, as I mentioned, I'm not a fan of this NV stuff, on the whole. It just seems easier to just... not get any of it despite sinking resources, and it even further limits what units get into the meta.

• Options
    Any reason not to hold on to the NV 5* tickets now that they don’t seem to expire?

• Options
    Trajan45 wrote: »
    Any reason not to hold on to the NV 5* tickets now that they don’t seem to expire?

Nah, hold on to them until an NV unit you like is released.

• Options
    marajimaraji Registered User regular
    Umm ... where is the box summon for FFXII? I can’t seem to find it

• Options
    edited August 2020

There was a bug with it so they took it down for now. It'll be back later.

Cruor on
  • Options

It's in that giant issues list they have on-going. Something broke with it, so it's gone at the moment and will be back in September to do your actual summons on.

• Options
    edited August 2020
    Free 4 Summon had Rinoa #2 in it.

I used NRG pots and pushed past the 60k mark. I didn't realize they restructured the rewards list for this MK EP. I was expecting to be able to let my kids use the 2x 5* special summons, but one is an NV EX 5* and the other is a rare summon ticket. I need to push on through to the 80k mark for the next NV EX 5*. I should have a decent stash by the time NV Elena comes around.

I didn't see an expiration date on the SOON medal (trial) quests. I can see from the reddit post that they are not expiring this week. I still need to do Shinryu ELT. I plan to go in with multiple Tifa's. I will gear mine for dragon killer and 100% water resist.

edit: Looks like we're getting SOON medal trial quests part 2 after maintenance. We should have plenty of medals to buy out the store it seems.

Tiphares on
  • Options
    Tiphares wrote: »
    Free 4 Summon had Rinoa #2 in it.

I used NRG pots and pushed past the 60k mark. I didn't realize they restructured the rewards list for this MK EP. I was expecting to be able to let my kids use the 2x 5* special summons, but one is an NV EX 5* and the other is a rare summon ticket. I need to push on through to the 80k mark for the next NV EX 5*. I should have a decent stash by the time NV Elena comes around.

I didn't see an expiration date on the SOON medal (trial) quests. I can see from the reddit post that they are not expiring this week. I still need to do Shinryu ELT. I plan to go in with multiple Tifa's. I will gear mine for dragon killer and 100% water resist.

edit: Looks like we're getting SOON medal trial quests part 2 after maintenance. We should have plenty of medals to buy out the store it seems.

I would still hold off until the last week for some of the not-required stuff just in case Gumi changes it, but in JP, they were able to buy out the whole shop with a little bit to spare. But considering that the Part 2 Trial quests are supposed to give even more, and there's also a Part 3 that should be in next week as well, I have a feeling we will indeed be able to buy out the store.

Also, anyone have an opinion on whether NV Cloud's STMR is worth having two of? I'm debating STMR moogling one of my NV Clouds before sharding him and getting EX+2 for a second one. I have 3 STMR moogles now and potentially 4 if we can indeed buy out the coin shop (since there's another 100 STMR tickets in there).

• Options
    ZomroZomro Registered User regular
    My friend point special summon gave me a 3*-NV EX ticket. Used it and it went from blue all the way to NV, so I have an NV Cloud now. We're getting 40 of Cloud's fragments from login bonuses? I think I can grab 10 by doing a 5k and exchanging one of those tickets so I can EX+1 him. Or, I grab the bundle with 50 fragments which would put me over, but I'd be on the way to a potential EX+2 if I pull a dupe or we can get more fragments later.

• Options
    NV Clouds STMR is really strong. I have not STMR'd mine, but I was considering it. The TDH cap has been raised to 400% (for him) so it takes a lot more gear to cap. I don't think it was raised for every TDH user. I would take a look at the JP NV release forecast and see if there are any TDH units coming that you would want to use a 2nd copy with.

• Options
    Tiphares wrote: »
    NV Clouds STMR is really strong. I have not STMR'd mine, but I was considering it. The TDH cap has been raised to 400% (for him) so it takes a lot more gear to cap. I don't think it was raised for every TDH user. I would take a look at the JP NV release forecast and see if there are any TDH units coming that you would want to use a 2nd copy with.

The cap raise is for every unit. Though if a unit has no innate TDH passive, you're basically building it up from 0% so it's not very feasible.