Options

[FFBE] THIS THREAD IS DEAD, LONG LIVE NEW THREAD

• Options
    TipharesTiphares Registered User regular
    I finished DV yesterday at rank 1400-ish. I was surprised at how tanky Dark Leviathan was against my dark magic damage team (D. Aiden, Vaan, Elly, XWQL, WC Ace, BB Rem). I was not able to 1 shot him on turn 2 or 3. I'm not sure what's going on. Is there some sort of hidden DM that is undispellable something? I tried to dispel with D. Aiden and rebreak with Vaan LB, but the best I could do was get him down to 15% in one turn. It was by far my worst damage score in all of DV.

• Options
    CruorCruor Registered User regular
    Tiphares wrote: »
    I finished DV yesterday at rank 1400-ish. I was surprised at how tanky Dark Leviathan was against my dark magic damage team (D. Aiden, Vaan, Elly, XWQL, WC Ace, BB Rem). I was not able to 1 shot him on turn 2 or 3. I'm not sure what's going on. Is there some sort of hidden DM that is undispellable something? I tried to dispel with D. Aiden and rebreak with Vaan LB, but the best I could do was get him down to 15% in one turn. It was by far my worst damage score in all of DV.

Dark Leviathan is just super goddamn tanky. I had to drop it to about 80% before my burst turn to make sure it died. I was gonna go back and look at trying to get more points on magic stages but I just don't have the right units for it beyond Ace/Rem/Kuja, and Kuja's not super useful in all of them. I'm fine with being in the 1-2k range.

• Options
    LorekLorek Registered User regular
    If you've ever tried using that "Take Your Own Unit" as a friend into a trial/Chamber of Vengeful and the game crashed, reddit may have finally cracked the nut.
    In your in-game settings, make sure the Friend Unit is displaying as "Companion Name" and not "Unit Name". Lots of reports that switching it to Unit Name causes the game to crash and using Companion Name makes it work again.

• Options
    FYI, I have gotten every SOON medal available and have completely bought out the shop. I assume buying out the shop is a guarantee if you've gotten all of the medals. That said I'll be waiting on using any more medals until the final shop update on 9/3.

Additionally, I've almost completely cleaned out the MK shop of Forticite, and I have yet to get the second of the 5*/NV EX tickets. Helps when you have a party of 4 NVs + 7*Reno + friend NV for the crazy currency bonus.

• Options
    Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    Probably going to end up at 16k. I'm at dark leviathan but for the last 3 tries, I get him to under 10% and he wipes my party.

Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
  • Options
    ArtereisArtereis Registered User regular
    I ended up around 12k because I can't 2 turn Bahamut and didn't have the time to work out a longer strategy on him.

• Options
    Got Leviathan, forgot to gear Op Z lol. That helped.

Done for the night though. Tried Odin a couple times, but too tired to look up what the deal is. Couldn’t get to turn 3 without wiping.

• Options
    DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    Huh. Welp. So I rolled the weekly 10+1, got NV Rain and Yego #3. I guess that's nice? Honestly S2 plot soured me on Rain significantly, so I'm not sure I'm giving him much of a spot. Came with a card that showed him and Lasswelll fighting Dark Boring, too.

Steam ID: Right here.
  • Options
    I only got the guaranteed rainbow from all the free pulls today - Phoenix Jake #2.

• Options
    edited August 2020
    No NV units on the weekly 10+1 this time. ... This time is happened on the daily 4 pull. I guess NV Rain acquired? Somehow I got the Dark Veritas card AGAIN. I'm 3 for 3 on this card when pulling NV units.
    The 10+1 did give me Yunalesca #4 though, so STMR is nice. And one of the free 10+1 non-NV tickets came down rainbow and was Zenaida #1, so that's a nice get too.

Really hoping that next week is either Elena or barring that, they follow the JP schedule and Aerith is next so that it's a raid. And we finally have a break from NRG based events.
    Gonna punt the story event to next week and keep going in the MK in hopes that's the case and I can clear out that stuff next week instead.

Edit: Holy shit, talk about a butt clench moment. I just checked my DV rank since it's closed now, and I am at 500 exactly. That's a little close for comfort.

Lorek on
  • Options
    marajimaraji Registered User regular
    Wait, NV Cloud has a 2H TMR and a TDH STMR, but brave shifted is a TDW unit?

• Options
    I don't think NV Clouds passives for wearing his TMR/STMR are really necessary for either form. Yes, it is weird.

• Options
    maraji wrote: »
    Wait, NV Cloud has a 2H TMR and a TDH STMR, but brave shifted is a TDW unit?

Yeah he's TDH main form and TDW brave shifted.

• Options
    Tiphares wrote: »
    I only got the guaranteed rainbow from all the free pulls today - Phoenix Jake #2.

Better than my CG Nichol #10...

• Options
    Weekly 10+1 got me Rivera#4. Her STMR is a pretty nice robe so I'm pretty happy with that. Tempted to pull at least one 10+1 pull on Rain's banner in the hopes I get Rinora. With story event+story update+world revisit I wouldn't feel bad using 5k Lapis. And, as an added benefit, it would get me the extra shards needed to get Cloud to EX+2 after the MK event is over.

I also went and grabbed all of the SOON medals from the new set of missions (NV Cloud can 2T Chocobos, huzzah) which gives more than enough medals to buy out everything in the new SOON shop update. Also spent some time farming insignias and now my VoTD is EX+1 and has all his Brave Abilities upgraded. I still have to enhance some of his abilities, and man am I glad there's a story event with which to get crysts.

• Options
    Drascin wrote: »
    Huh. Welp. So I rolled the weekly 10+1, got NV Rain and Yego #3. I guess that's nice? Honestly S2 plot soured me on Rain significantly, so I'm not sure I'm giving him much of a spot. Came with a card that showed him and Lasswelll fighting Dark Boring, too.

That's one of the best cards that you can pull currently. I know you dislike the Veritas but VC are tucked away pretty handily so you can just equip it and then never really look at it.

• Options
    Cruor wrote: »
    Weekly 10+1 got me Rivera#4. Her STMR is a pretty nice robe so I'm pretty happy with that. Tempted to pull at least one 10+1 pull on Rain's banner in the hopes I get Rinora. With story event+story update+world revisit I wouldn't feel bad using 5k Lapis. And, as an added benefit, it would get me the extra shards needed to get Cloud to EX+2 after the MK event is over.

I also went and grabbed all of the SOON medals from the new set of missions (NV Cloud can 2T Chocobos, huzzah) which gives more than enough medals to buy out everything in the new SOON shop update. Also spent some time farming insignias and now my VoTD is EX+1 and has all his Brave Abilities upgraded. I still have to enhance some of his abilities, and man am I glad there's a story event with which to get crysts.

What did you do to 2T the chocobos with Cloud? Is it just triple braver to kill 3 chicks and then next turn repeat to kill the rest?

• Options
    ReignerReigner Registered User regular
    NV on the free 4pull and I already lost the cointoss XD Cloud #2 acquired.

On the free 10Pull I got Yunalesca #1 and King Rain #3. 1 of the 10+1 Tickets gave me Yuffie #1. I saw that the Rain Banner has 2 G5*/NV Per 10Pull so I gave it a shot

DV #4, WoL #1, King Rain #4 and Livid Shantotto #2

And the Daily 1/2Price was the new Rinora

Rainbows for days

Exodus Server: Venstra Rei
    FFBE: 838,975,107
    Dokkan: 1668363315
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    Lorek wrote: »

What did you do to 2T the chocobos with Cloud? Is it just triple braver to kill 3 chicks and then next turn repeat to kill the rest?

I built my Cloud's Braveshift form for 300% bird killer/300% LB damage. T1 braveshift and use Lightning imbue, imperil, and magnus (chain on the King Chocobo). T2 LB chain, should kill everything. I can build my Cloud that way if you want to try it out.

Edit: You may have to bring someone to help fill LB gauge. I used Lucas as my Magic Tank so his counters really help with filling LB, especially against multiple opponents.

Cruor on
  • Options
    Reigner wrote: »
    NV on the free 4pull and I already lost the cointoss XD Cloud #2 acquired.

On the free 10Pull I got Yunalesca #1 and King Rain #3. 1 of the 10+1 Tickets gave me Yuffie #1. I saw that the Rain Banner has 2 G5*/NV Per 10Pull so I gave it a shot

DV #4, WoL #1, King Rain #4 and Livid Shantotto #2

And the Daily 1/2Price was the new Rinora

Rainbows for days

Wait what.. I did not notice that... Screw it, I need the 10 shards to EX+1 Rain anyway, let's roll the dice.
    BB Rem #4 and Sieghard #7.. STMR made it all worth it, nice.

• Options
    Rolled a 10+1 summon. Ended up with Golbez#3 and FFX-2 Yuna#4. That's a pretty nice gun and I grabbed 10 fragments for NV Cloud. Not gonna spend any more Lapis on that banner, but I feel like that was an ok use of 5k lapis.

• Options
    I still need to EX+1 my NV Cloud. Then I will set him up for the Chocobos Trial for anyone that wants to clear the SOON medal missions.

• Options
    So what's the deal with the "Mitigate damage taken against humans and machinas" stuff? I'm assuming this is just one more DM that can stack, but is it going to check the race of our units? So Elephim wouldn't get this buff?

• Options
    It checks the race of the opponent. It should read mitigate damage taken FROM whatever race. The body armor piece from Behemoth K also has built in 10% damage mitigation against Beasts. And yes, I do believe it stacks with other mitigations.

• Options
    So Im only 3 stages into the Story Event, but have they finally unfucked the mission structure? :D so far its just been “dont die”.

I will gladly take longer to clear MK stages if it means I dont have to gear for every element and esper and then make sure I do enough of the right chain enough times and also be trying to build up my Esper Gauge and LB gauges off of squirrels.

• Options
    So Im only 3 stages into the Story Event, but have they finally unfucked the mission structure? :D so far its just been “dont die”.

I will gladly take longer to clear MK stages if it means I dont have to gear for every element and esper and then make sure I do enough of the right chain enough times and also be trying to build up my Esper Gauge and LB gauges off of squirrels.

The only one that still sucks is the Kill with Esper one. Otherwise, with units like Kryla, hitting any of the other mission types is a piece of cake.

• Options

That's one of the best cards that you can pull currently. I know you dislike the Veritas but VC are tucked away pretty handily so you can just equip it and then never really look at it.

Hey, it's just equipment, I can use that no problem.

On the Dark Boring thing, I notice the shop seems to have everything you need to get him to NV except a prism. Might as well buy all this stuff and get him upgraded.

• Options
    ZomroZomro Registered User regular
    edited August 2020
    Did a 10 pull on the NV Rain banner to get an Overdrive ticket to get the 10 Cloud fragments to EX +1 him. The pull was pretty crazy. Morgana #2, CG Zidane #2, Myra #9 (or some other high number) and an NV Rain.

So now I have an NV Rain and an NV Cloud and one ticket to get fragments to EX+1 one of them (I think our login bonuses are giving us 40 Rain fragments). Out of Rain and Cloud, which one would be more beneficial to EX +1? Not sure which one I should aim for.

Zomro on
  • Options
    Having no NV units and not knowing much of anything, I'd probably pick Rain. I like that he pairs with Vaan and has a bunch of other little things to bring to the table. From what I understand on reddit, NV has a decently flat power curve and units like NV Tifa are still top tier today in JP. But then Cloud is a FF character and has TDW on his BS, which I always like more than TDH.

• Options
    For damage dealers, at this point it's pretty much "who do you like as a character?"

We have Akstar, Firion, Edel, Sol, Physalis, and Onion Knight all coming as new NV units, and possibly the KH units as well. I probably missed some. Mostly they're all around the same level damage-wise (some big exceptions, like Physalis doing about twice as much damage as Sol). Some of them have skills that are specifically tailored towards dealing the the BREAK gauge (Akstar and Firion in particular) and the main draw of those units is what weapons they can use, as BREAK gauges are weak to specific weapons.

We also have a bunch of NV Awakenings coming, and some.of them (particularly PGLasswell) are very very good.

Also keep in mind that again, supports are more important to pull than damage dealers. Fina&Daisy is a fantastic magic tank (although soon after CG Charlotte is getting an NV Awakening). You can make pretty much any damage dealer work (hell, Esther can do Behemoth and Shinryu within the turn limit) but without good supporting units things get tougher.

Lastly, more NV damage dealers will help with DV. A lot of them are focused on one or two elements (NV VoTD will be amazing against Dark weak stages, for instance, while Rain will be very very good against Fire stages). That being said, Tifa isn't element locked and will likely carry you through physical stages anyway with the right imbue/Imperil/killers

• Options
    edited August 2020
    I'm currently still working on the FFVII stuff, but did anyone try the Rain emblem fight? Anything to keep in mind?

Also, I'm wondering if it's really worth spending all the materials to upgrade every skill on Tifa and Cloud. Level 5 takes a ton of resources and in some the increase is relatively small. My brain just kind of groans at leaving skills not fully upgraded.

Drascin on
  • Options
    I'm currently still working on the FFVII stuff, but did anyone try the Rain emblem fight? Anything to keep in mind?

Also, I'm wondering if it's really worth spending all the materials to upgrade every skill on Tifa and Cloud. Level 5 takes a ton of resources and in some the increase is relatively small. My brain just kind of groans at leaving skills not fully upgraded.

This has multiple enemies, so the best gauge breaker is probably WM Rosa (the free MK character from back a ways) since her multi-hit skill is single target. Give her two bowie knives, dual cast her radiant arrows, should clear the gauge.

Then I've been using two Elena's to do 3xAR-chains and then using NV Cloud to triple-braver the boss to one shot him.
    Oh, will Vaan doing his LB and Cloud having a fire-element two-handed greatsword equipped for the imperil.

Anyway, the boss is fire/beast and has elemental resistances to everything except fire and dark. I don't know what the minions are but the sprite they use is traditionally a fairy type monster.

• Options
    NV Rain from the Freebie 4pull today

And the I tried the emblem fight and got smooshed. It takes so long to get through BREAK bars. I don’t understand, even Firechaining Cloud and Rain

• Options
    edited August 2020
    NV Rain from the Freebie 4pull today

And the I tried the emblem fight and got smooshed. It takes so long to get through BREAK bars. I don’t understand, even Firechaining Cloud and Rain

Break gauge is a brand new thing and it is... very dumb. It's got zero to do with how big your DPS numbers are. Bad guy will have a weakness to certain weapon types (in this case, daggers or great swords) and it's purely the number of hits that matter. So you see people bringing units with multi-attack abilities like Barrage that don't deal any damage but do a large amount of single target hits to try and clear it in 1-2 rounds.

Even though chaining skills are multiple "hits", it still only counts as one attack. Find things that say "physical damage combo". Or not great but still better than regular chaining, are units that have their damage broken out. So like you may see some newer chainers that things like this:

Fire physical damage (5x) to one enemy (9 hits)
    Fire physical damage (12.5x) with ignore DEF (50%) to one enemy (1 hit)

So that's one move, and it's just a Stardust Ray chain (usually 10 total hits) broken into two parts. But that's two separate "attacks" so it would count as two hits to the break gauge.

Lorek on
  • Options
    Yeah wow I cannot beat the Pegasus on hard. This should be this difficult to farm things you need just to level abilities

I mean I have Cloud anyway so I dont need Rain, but man

• Options
    Sounds like a bit of a pain in the ass, yeah. Also, yikes, I need to step this up, I didn't notice that the 5* ticket on KM now is on 80k event points, not 60k. Time to spend more pots I guess.

• Options
    Got the 80k ticket this morning which dropped Yuffie#4. Here's to hoping that Yoshikiri will like it! I assume his throwing weapon will be his STMR, so until I can grab that Yuffie's will do well (ya know, assuming he wants to TDH a throwing weapon just based on his design).

• Options
    Arena ranking rewards are out, got enough Cactuar Vision Cards to get Cloud's card to Lvl7, which unlocks the second 50% ATK with greatsword ability. This card is going to make gearing any greatsword user incredibly easy, my goodness.

• Options
    Man, the Rain emblems thing is extremely annoying to work with. And a pretty clear example of how the power creep thing is hilarious. Remember when BBRem was considered a very good DPS? You know, in the far off times of *checks notes* four weeks ago? Because a full fire chain from two BBrems with 50% killer on beast and bird (I don't have shit for these killers, sadly, so it's just 100% on each) deals like 4% on this goddamn thing.

• Options
    Next MK in JP is FF6. Free unit is Strago, banner units are NV Terra, 5-7* Relm, and Shadow and Kefka get enhancements and NV Awakenings. Relm looks like a fun support and brings a new type of skill - Weapon Imperils. She can Imperil against Rods. Shadow also has a Katana Imperil.

Speculation is that there will be an FF6 raid soon with NV Celes. Which, uh, yes please. If that is the case I'd put 5-7* Setzer on that banner, and hopefully it comes with NV Awakenings for Locke and the Figabros.