Options

[FFBE] THIS THREAD IS DEAD, LONG LIVE NEW THREAD

• Options
    CruorCruor Registered User regular
    Trajan45 wrote: »
    Hmm go from no NV to 2. Just got another Cloud. Any point at doing anything with him since I didn’t farm the medals?

Also both cards are the DV one. Seems like cactuars cards are rare. Should i level one of them? Seems like they are weaker than mad dash or the other main NV cards.

NV Cloud is still good for his LB even if you didn't farm the medals to boost his regular chaining/finishing abilities. Also, you shouldn't bother leveling the Dark Veritas cards. Metal Cactuar cards are relatively hard to come by (even if we get a LOT more of them than JP does) and you should focus on Mad Dash first.

Basically the main NV cards are the only ones worth leveling.

• Options
    Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    K, so far no main line cards, but i’d rather save for NV Elena cards even so.

I’ll just EX-1 Cloud. Dupe doesn’t seem all that necessary.

Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
  • Options
    K, so far no main line cards, but i’d rather save for NV Elena cards even so.

I’ll just EX-1 Cloud. Dupe doesn’t seem all that necessary.

Good news is you get Mad Dash by getting Cloud to EX+1! But yeah, if you're aiming for Elena then it's a good idea to save the cactuars for her card.

• Options
    So I have 5 PG Lasswell's, but I haven't merged him yet. Should I wait and grab his STMR moogle from the SOON shop (assuming it shows up like DV), so I can use the other copies for fragments?

• Options
    LorekLorek Registered User regular
    Not that I even have enough copies of her to NVA, but Aileen dropped from the Akstar banner is kind of suspicious.
    With Red XIII, really feels like they're dropping bonus units from the Mog King banners.
    Also, if they're saving her for Elena's banner, that sucks. Means one less or possibly even no GLEX NVA units.

Also, good luck to anyone who's new or took an extended break with doing that daily quest. A whole 11 units that are allowed to participate? So generous.

• Options
    TipharesTiphares Registered User regular
    So, looks like NV Akstar and NVA PG Lasswell this week.

I still have a ton of stuff to work on (trials and CoV mostly), but no energy or time to do it. I should try to knock out the Chocobo Battalion trial for the SOON medals. I think it goes away this week. The others I can take care of during the week. Behemoth K will be later for sure. I hope I still have my party setup saved from last time. I will swap out NV Cloud for Zenaida. I got his NV card to level 7 now.

• Options
    Tiphares wrote: »
    So, looks like NV Akstar and NVA PG Lasswell this week.

I still have a ton of stuff to work on (trials and CoV mostly), but no energy or time to do it. I should try to knock out the Chocobo Battalion trial for the SOON medals. I think it goes away this week. The others I can take care of during the week. Behemoth K will be later for sure. I hope I still have my party setup saved from last time. I will swap out NV Cloud for Zenaida. I got his NV card to level 7 now.

Pretty sure if you build NV Cloud for LB/Bird killer, two of them in Brave Shift will one-shot the Chocobo's with the LB.
    Worked for the Cactuar trial, anyway.

• Options
    DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    Anyone know what the Shinra coins are for? I did the daily two or three times but I don't actually know what these things are for.

Steam ID: Right here.
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    Drascin wrote: »
    Anyone know what the Shinra coins are for? I did the daily two or three times but I don't actually know what these things are for.

You need 7 to craft the shotgun https://exvius.gamepedia.com/Shinra_Shotgun.
    I don't think there's a point to it, otherwise.

Lorek on
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    Lorek wrote: »
    Not that I even have enough copies of her to NVA, but Aileen dropped from the Akstar banner is kind of suspicious.
    With Red XIII, really feels like they're dropping bonus units from the Mog King banners.
    Also, if they're saving her for Elena's banner, that sucks. Means one less or possibly even no GLEX NVA units.

Also, good luck to anyone who's new or took an extended break with doing that daily quest. A whole 11 units that are allowed to participate? So generous.

I wouldn't be shocked to hear that ALIM/GUMI is struggling with folks spending on the game. I mean I bought the $25 MMXon bundle but that's the only thing I've bought in at least 8 months or so. In the last 2 years, I've only ever spent on the lapis subscription for $12.

The lack of safety net (reddit post on how 80K lapis with no NV), combined with removing bonus units for MK events to get folks to pull; all look like signs they are really trying to get folks to spend more.

Sadly I think it's more likely to drive folks away and the game will die out earlier here.

Trajan45 on
  • Options
    ReignerReigner Registered User regular

Oh I didnt even look at the Bonus units. I have a 7Star Raegan, an Ayaka I could 7star......and thats it.

I better hope for a lucky freebie weekly

Exodus Server: Venstra Rei
    FFBE: 838,975,107
    Dokkan: 1668363315
  • Options
    Blackhawk1313Blackhawk1313 Demon Hunter for Hire Time RiftRegistered User regular
    Hmm go from no NV to 2. Just got another Cloud. Any point at doing anything with him since I didn’t farm the medals?

Also both cards are the DV one. Seems like cactuars cards are rare. Should i level one of them? Seems like they are weaker than mad dash or the other main NV cards.

Friendly PSA, you can buy brave insignias still for NV Cloud in the VIP coin shop x30 for 200 coins. If you really wanted to level skills right now that is.

• Options

You need 7 to craft the shotgun https://exvius.gamepedia.com/Shinra_Shotgun.
    I don't think there's a point to it, otherwise.

Hm. I dunno if I'll bother. It's a pretty decent shotgun, but also I have Physalis's Peacekeeper right here.

I wouldn't be shocked to hear that ALIM/GUMI is struggling with folks spending on the game. I mean I bought the $25 MMXon bundle but that's the only thing I've bought in at least 8 months or so. In the last 2 years, I've only ever spent on the lapis subscription for $12.

The lack of safety net (reddit post on how 80K lapis with no NV), combined with removing bonus units for MK events to get folks to pull; all look like signs they are really trying to get folks to spend more.

The thing is that honestly, most of the time this game is just terrible at offering value for money. Like, let's say a dude wanted to drop a fifty into the game each month. What would they get from that? About 1.5-2 rolls on a banner each month, with no guarantees, and now not even a safety net.

At that point the only people you have a hope of targeting is sperm whales deep diving in the ocean of Sunk Costs.

• Options
    Blackhawk1313Blackhawk1313 Demon Hunter for Hire Time RiftRegistered User regular
    Meanwhile my free pull netted me yet another Aerith, and I have no real reason to take her from ex+2 to ex+3 so it’s just kinda, there. Using all my luck up before Elena ; ;

• Options

The thing is that honestly, most of the time this game is just terrible at offering value for money. Like, let's say a dude wanted to drop a fifty into the game each month. What would they get from that? About 1.5-2 rolls on a banner each month, with no guarantees, and now not even a safety net.

At that point the only people you have a hope of targeting is sperm whales deep diving in the ocean of Sunk Costs.

Yep. The way they've gone about this is just so strange. They have the vault of lapis that is a perfect 'subscription' type thing. Why they haven't put that at $10 a month and just left it on repeat seems crazy to me.

• Options

Friendly PSA, you can buy brave insignias still for NV Cloud in the VIP coin shop x30 for 200 coins. If you really wanted to level skills right now that is.

Thanks. I don't think I need them that bad. If I'm reading the reviews right, he's mostly an LB DPS anyways since he doesn't have the 6x chain cap. And while he has ok finishing potential, Tifa is just way better.

Of course my free 4 pull today had NV Cloud #3. No NV's for weeks, then the dam breaks. Just wish it was Rain instead.

• Options
    Good news for PGLasswell shards, we are getting 30 from the login rewards, so if you have one with an STMR but no additional copies (like me!) you will be able to get him to NV. I assume he'll also have a 50 shard bundle for 3k like other NVA units, so getting him to EX+1 for that price is pretty great. PGLasswell is an amazing NV Chainer.

• Options
    Cruor wrote: »
    Good news for PGLasswell shards, we are getting 30 from the login rewards, so if you have one with an STMR but no additional copies (like me!) you will be able to get him to NV. I assume he'll also have a 50 shard bundle for 3k like other NVA units, so getting him to EX+1 for that price is pretty great. PGLasswell is an amazing NV Chainer.

I'm hoping his STMR moogle is added to the SOON shop like Tifa's and DV's.

• Options

Thanks. I don't think I need them that bad. If I'm reading the reviews right, he's mostly an LB DPS anyways since he doesn't have the 6x chain cap. And while he has ok finishing potential, Tifa is just way better.

Of course my free 4 pull today had NV Cloud #3. No NV's for weeks, then the dam breaks. Just wish it was Rain instead.

Yeah, not going to lie, I never planned on having him, but lucking in to him he has been an all star for me. On Behemoth K he SR chained, was able to imbue fire to elemental chain with the Clouds, has a party attack buff that is also general mit, a main attack in base form with a great modifier that also boosts fire damage across the board to party, a beast killer buff that boosts it by 100% for everyone AND boosts LB damage by 100%, and to top it all off, an on cool down perfect dispel that is an SR chain move.

Oh and his CG LB destroys a galaxy and I love that so very much.

Sorry I’ll stop gushing about NV Rain. As for the Cloud NV, you are right in that his LB finisher is the big part of him. But he also typically is chaining for damage to lead up to that with stuff that does have brave improvement levels. Basic flow, especially with friend Cloud is:
    Turn 1 - Brave Shift - Ignition - Spinning Slash x2
    Turn 2 - Spinning Slash x2 - Braver
    Turn 3 - Spinning Slash x2 - Braver
    Turn 4 - Spinning Slash - Triple Slash - Braver
    Turn 5 - Brave Shift - Ascension LB

And apart from the Grandis Triple Slash and Ignition the rest of the rotation uses brave abilities requiring insignias. So not saying you can’t use Cloud as a sole LB finisher, but it means basically keeping him in base form and then:
    Turn 1 - Ignition - Focus Slash - Infinity’s End
    Turn 2 - Ascension LB

Which is great but needs support to make viable, because you’ll need either a ton of limit cryst bonuses or and another dedicated unit to max is bar, and then a support chain more than likely with the Ascension capping it. Works great but you lose a lot of damage in the setup and chaining. Spinning Slashx 2 - Braver is an amazing SR chain as Spinning is backloaded with a good modifier when maxed out, and can then self cap with Braver which maxed out is a delightful 10000% modifier.

• Options

The SOON shop is done updating. Or, rather, the announced updates ended on 9/3. Maybe we'll get a surprise update to it or some other way to get an STMR moogle for him, but I'm not gonna hold out hope for that.

I am excited that we are getting the Coeurl trial. It'll be a good place to flex some NV units, and using a physical cover tank is actually a good idea! I think I'll try to use Lucas and Sieghard and if that doesn't work I can always go PCecil/AWoL (who I'm pretty sure I have two of? If I do they're both sitting at 5* lvl1 because lol physical tanks). For damage I might just use VoTD because I like the unit and I want to do a first clear of a trial with him. Does anyone have an EX+1 VoTD they could build for Coeurl for me? Apparently it's best if they have high DEF/SPR for the uncoverable magic stuff and the DEF scaling DoT the cat applies. After that just beast killers in both forms and if you can fit any LB damage in the BS form that'd be lovely.

• Options
    edited September 2020

The SOON shop is done updating. Or, rather, the announced updates ended on 9/3. Maybe we'll get a surprise update to it or some other way to get an STMR moogle for him, but I'm not gonna hold out hope for that.

I am excited that we are getting the Coeurl trial. It'll be a good place to flex some NV units, and using a physical cover tank is actually a good idea! I think I'll try to use Lucas and Sieghard and if that doesn't work I can always go PCecil/AWoL (who I'm pretty sure I have two of? If I do they're both sitting at 5* lvl1 because lol physical tanks). For damage I might just use VoTD because I like the unit and I want to do a first clear of a trial with him. Does anyone have an EX+1 VoTD they could build for Coeurl for me? Apparently it's best if they have high DEF/SPR for the uncoverable magic stuff and the DEF scaling DoT the cat applies. After that just beast killers in both forms and if you can fit any LB damage in the BS form that'd be lovely.

I have him in base NV form at the moment. Let me see my fragment situation as I definitely don’t mind using regular pearls, swimming in those damn things.

EDIT:
    Done, enhancing skills now and such, just have to go get some more insignias but that’s easy enough, do you have an example build of him I could use for reference? Really haven’t done anything with his kit yet since I was too busy reveling in NV Rain’s.

Blackhawk1313 on
  • Options
    I have an STMR'd Lasswell and two extras. With those extra shards I will be able to actually get him to +1, sounds like. Aces.

• Options
    I have an STMR'd Lasswell and two extras. With those extra shards I will be able to actually get him to +1, sounds like. Aces.

Yeah I’ve only got two of em so it’ll be a long term project for him. Not enough incentive to try and get any of him on banner really and the Akstar while cool, from my understanding does not stand up well in the meta long, as well as having a pretty boring barebones kit. This also may just be me justifying holding because I am going to throw everything at Elena.

• Options

I have him in base NV form at the moment. Let me see my fragment situation as I definitely don’t mind using regular pearls, swimming in those damn things.

EDIT:
    Done, enhancing skills now and such, just have to go get some more insignias but that’s easy enough, do you have an example build of him I could use for reference? Really haven’t done anything with his kit yet since I was too busy reveling in NV Rain’s.

I'll build mine later on today and let you know what I use. He has high innate beast killers which is nice, should make it a little easier to get everything needed.

NV Akstar has a niche of having an ability specifically for dealing with the BREAK gauge. These abilities will become a lot more common on units going forward, but I think NV Akstar is the first unit we get with one.

• Options
    I have enough PG Lasswells to get him NV +1 right away. I'll make sure he's up for MK bonus. I'll have to wait and see what the MK monsters are immune to, because I have his STMR already IW enhanced and I know it's ice locked.

• Options
    I have enough PG Lasswells to get him NV +1 right away. I'll make sure he's up for MK bonus. I'll have to wait and see what the MK monsters are immune to, because I have his STMR already IW enhanced and I know it's ice locked.

His STMR doesn't have an attached element.

• Options
    @cruor
    Here’s my first cut at it let me know what you think, this also doesn’t account for further buffs as I still have to level some of the brave abilities.
    Normal Form cbb84p4ld4sq.jpeg
    mdgw2r2jjupg.jpeg
    6dhx099274nz.jpeg
    Brave Shift Form e59wtsrillar.jpeg
    vrr6ltfeudad.jpeg
    168p5hvh5i7o.jpeg

• Options
    edited September 2020

Yeah, just his brave shift kit is completely ice locked; other than his one brave ability that he shares between both forms.
    Edit: Checking famitsu, the mog king boss is a dragon with 50% fire resistance and 50% ice weakness, so looks like Lasswell is the perfect bonus unit.

Lorek on
  • Options
    @cruor
    Here’s my first cut at it let me know what you think, this also doesn’t account for further buffs as I still have to level some of the brave abilities.
    mdgw2r2jjupg.jpeg
    6dhx099274nz.jpeg
    vrr6ltfeudad.jpeg
    168p5hvh5i7o.jpeg

I'd drop the Fusion Sword for a 2-handed weapon. The LB damage boost for his LB turn isn't enough to make up for the loss in damage due to weapon variance. Not sure how much DEF is necessary to deal with the DoT, but maybe 600ish in both forms sounds good? No idea really haha.

• Options

Ah, I must be thinking of someone else. Is it Kurasame that has an ice katana STMR? I have have quite a few STMR katana's now so i should have options for him either 1h or 2h.

• Options

Ah, I must be thinking of someone else. Is it Kurasame that has an ice katana STMR? I have have quite a few STMR katana's now so i should have options for him either 1h or 2h.

Yeah, Kurasame's STMR is an ice elemental sword.

• Options
    edited September 2020
    @cruor
    mdgw2r2jjupg.jpeg
    6dhx099274nz.jpeg
    vrr6ltfeudad.jpeg
    168p5hvh5i7o.jpeg

I'd drop the Fusion Sword for a 2-handed weapon. The LB damage boost for his LB turn isn't enough to make up for the loss in damage due to weapon variance. Not sure how much DEF is necessary to deal with the DoT, but maybe 600ish in both forms sounds good? No idea really haha.

Switched to a 2-Hander, Lionheart, ATK dropped...?

I should say rather that I’m musing if the loss of attack from fusion to lion heart is offset enough by weapon variance. I think so... but don’t want to do the math.

Blackhawk1313 on
  • Options
    Just a reminder, if you're setting up NV units for trials and whatever... put them in your Favorite slots. There's a bug where the Vision card gets dropped from friend units, but it doesn't seem to effect the 1st friend unit (Favorite).
    I'll be setting up an LB/Beast killer Tifa there for Coeurl.

• Options
    @cruor
    mdgw2r2jjupg.jpeg
    6dhx099274nz.jpeg
    vrr6ltfeudad.jpeg
    168p5hvh5i7o.jpeg

I should say rather that I’m musing if the loss of attack from fusion to lion heart is offset enough by weapon variance. I think so... but don’t want to do the math.

Generally weapon variance will make up for a bit of an attack drop, since it's a multiplier on your damage that acts kind of like killers.

I'm sad I never pulled a single CG Squall, since his STMR is an amazing 2H Greatsword with attached TDH and LB damage.

• Options
    edited September 2020
    @cruor
    mdgw2r2jjupg.jpeg
    6dhx099274nz.jpeg
    vrr6ltfeudad.jpeg
    168p5hvh5i7o.jpeg

Generally weapon variance will make up for a bit of an attack drop, since it's a multiplier on your damage that acts kind of like killers.

I'm sad I never pulled a single CG Squall, since his STMR is an amazing 2H Greatsword with attached TDH and LB damage.

Oh... yeah... about that... I forgot to add the + on to the name, that’s the one I’m equipping to VotD for ya.

Blackhawk1313 on
  • Options
    @cruor
    mdgw2r2jjupg.jpeg
    6dhx099274nz.jpeg
    vrr6ltfeudad.jpeg
    168p5hvh5i7o.jpeg

Oh... yeah... about that... I forgot to add the + on to the name, that’s the one I’m equipping to VotD for ya.

Alright, here's how I'm planning on building my VoTD for Coeurl -
    Regular form:
    Veritas of the Dark NV★
    Right hand: Ultima Weapon (FFVII) ATK+180
    Head: Grand Helm+ HP+10%, DEF+65, DEF+30%
    Body: Darklord's Armor ATK+34, DEF+34, SPR+24
    Accessory 1: Tifa's Gloves (FFVII: AC) ATK+45
    Accessory 2: Cloud's Cloak (KH) ATK+40, DEF+10, SPR+10
    Materia 1: Master of Fate
    Materia 2: People of the Wood: Archery
    Materia 3: Graceful Footwork ATK+60%
    Materia 4: Wandering Warrior HP+40%, DEF+20%, SPR+20%
    Vision Card: Mad Dash ATK+100, ATK+100%
    Esper: Ifrit HP+74, MP+46, ATK+79, DEF+50, MAG+38, SPR+38
    Total: HP:15975, MP:862, ATK:3492, DEF:793, MAG:406, SPR:612
    Beast Killer: 250%

Braveshift:
    Veritas of the Dark - Brave Shifted NV★
    Right hand: Ultima Weapon (FFVII) ATK+180
    Head: Grand Helm+ HP+10%, DEF+65, DEF+30%
    Body: Darklord's Armor ATK+34, DEF+34, SPR+24
    Accessory 1: Flammie Drum HP+20%, MP+20%, ATK+50
    Accessory 2: Coin of Fate - Sabin HP+30%, ATK+55
    Materia 1: Master of Fate
    Materia 2: Graceful Footwork ATK+60%
    Materia 3: Courage to Move On ATK+60%
    Materia 4: A Lion's Heart
    Vision Card: Mad Dash ATK+100, ATK+100%
    Esper: Ifrit HP+74, MP+46, ATK+79, DEF+50, MAG+38, SPR+38
    Total: HP:13419, MP:930, ATK:3774, DEF:737, MAG:420, SPR:539
    LB damage: 235%
    Beast Killer: 250%

• Options
    Ok I’ll see about building it similarly.

• Options
    ArtereisArtereis Registered User regular
    Man, I didn't think Laswell's NVA was coming quite so quickly. I have so many copies of him I may be able to get him to Ex3 or 4 with the login rewards included.

• Options
    edited September 2020
    I finally got a rainbow from the Free 4 Summon! It was Morgana #8. Oh well.

I took down the Chocobo Trial last night. I still need to work on Behemoth K and the Cactuar trials to finish the SOON quests. Does anyone have a 100% evade Tifa or NV Cloud (remake) with beast killer still setup?

Tiphares on
  • Options
    ZomroZomro Registered User regular
    edited September 2020
    I only have one PG Lasswell, so NVAing him is out of the question. I'll make do with Tifa, Cloud and Rain. I do have VoD NV'd, but I don't care enough to farm the emblems for his abilities, and I can't EX+1 him anyway.

At this point, I'm just waiting / hoping for NVAs on units that I have a ton of dupes of. I'm, like, 8 or 9 copies deep on Myra, Beryl and Circe each.
    I finally got a rainbow from the Free 4 Summon! It was Morgana #8. Oh well.

I took down the Chocobo Trial last night. I still need to work on Behemoth K and the Cactuar trials to finish the SOON quests. Does anyone have a 100% evade Tifa or NV Cloud (remake) with beast killer still setup?

My Cloud is still set up for the Behemoth trial. He's got 100% evade on his brave shift form for chaining. He currently has a fire weapon, but I can swap it for whatever element you'd like.

Zomro on