As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Path of Exile] Sentinel League starts 05/13. Pokebots and uber bosses!

• Options
    SpawnbrokerSpawnbroker Registered User regular
    GnomeTank wrote: »
    Okay, I need a B->B->B->B chest, or preferably a B->B->B->B->B chest. What's the best way to procure one? Just farm, or use some of my currency resources to try and make one?

4 Link armors should start dropping late in Act 3. Socket colors are determined by the stats on the item. If it's a body armour that requires STR/INT to wear, then the sockets will be more likely to roll red and blue.

So grab a random 4 link INT body armour that drops and use some chromatic orbs on it, you should get BBBB with just a couple of them.

Steam: Spawnbroker
  • Options
    Also most builds don't need a 5 link until yellow maps. 4 Link will do just fine for a long time. You only really need a 5 link when you start to notice you aren't killing things super quickly anymore.

• Options
    mccartmccart Registered User regular
    edited January 2021
    Just sell that 6-link to a vendor for a divine orb Peewi, it isn't worth anything more than that

mccart on
  • Options
    CarnarvonCarnarvon Registered User regular
    I'm sure that's true...but keep in mind you're saying "making builds isn't hard" while tossing out a bunch of item and skill names someone new'ish has no clue about. It always seems easy when you understand the systems and things to build for but it's crazy daunting for someone new. Using a decently tested build to get myself a solid footing before I go off and play just seems reasonable.

Oh, sure, nothing wrong with following builds in any way. Just saying that making a build isn't in any way as difficult as it seems. Figuring out gem links is as easy as importing your character into PoB and sorting support gems by damage, and builds with more than a handful of uniques are mostly memes.

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    edited January 2021
    you get a divine for vendoring so

if it had caster stats it could bea maybe but the value of that on market isnt going to be much higher than a divine

as a rule 6l corrupted weapons that are not caster have no value because the value in link terms is offset by the losses in weapon stats (unless they are very high item level and roll god phys or something)

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    If it doesn't have +phys damage and % increased phys damage, in high values, pretty much every melee weapon/bow is vendor food. As above, caster stats can be valuable, but it depends on what you roll and what's popular vs what socket colors you get.

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    it's might be worth more than divine, check poetrade for a 6 link with those colors

• Options
    GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    edited January 2021
    Is there a way to customize my NeverSink filters so it highlights the crap out of 4 and 5L items, regardless of quality? I'm sure there is...but FilterBlade is uhh daunting.

e: Oh, nevermind, it already does. 4L items show up really big already. Just had some 4L gloves drop and the tag was huge. That's good to know.

GnomeTank on
    Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • Options
    fRAWRstfRAWRst The Seas Call The Mad AnswerRegistered User regular
    J3qcnBP.png
  • Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    edited January 2021
    fRAWRst wrote: »

You've been on a streak

jungleroomx on
  • Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    edited January 2021
    I accidentally clicked on the door to leave the boss arena just as I had killed Kitava and it didn't count. The quest log said to take the portal to the epilogue, but there was no portal to be seen.

I had to redo the zone and kill Kitava again and made sure to not leave the arena. Then it actually counted for the challenge, lowered my resists and spawned the portal.

EDIT: Checked the PoE bug report forum and this issue has been reported several times, as far back as the week 3.0 released.

Peewi on
  • Options
    Peewi wrote: »
    I accidentally clicked on the door to leave the boss arena just as I had killed Kitava and it didn't count. The quest log said to take the portal to the epilogue, but there was no portal to be seen.

I had to redo the zone and kill Kitava again and made sure to not leave the arena. Then it actually counted for the challenge, lowered my resists and spawned the portal.

EDIT: Checked the PoE bug report forum and this issue has been reported several times, as far back as the week 3.0 released.

I beat the three bosses before Maligaro, took a nap, came back with the hearts/lungs/etc in my inventory, gave them to piety, and then she told me to fight them all again. Was very cross, as my single target dps is garbo this league.

• Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    Carnarvon wrote: »
    Peewi wrote: »

I beat the three bosses before Maligaro, took a nap, came back with the hearts/lungs/etc in my inventory, gave them to piety, and then she told me to fight them all again. Was very cross, as my single target dps is garbo this league.

Yeah, I hate that one. If I'm not ready to go all the way through that, I stop before grabbing the organs, because I've had it bite me before.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    edited January 2021
    League has been good to me so far. Got a void in one of the rituals and it made a primordial chain. And had an intuitive leap in another. And just got an EX drop in a t2 lol.

Do your rituals!

Jubal77 on
  • Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    Having not tried SSF before, it's nice that Ritual will regularly pop up rewards of 3-4 chroms/fusings/jewelers/alts at a time.

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    AbsalonAbsalon Lands of Always WinterRegistered User regular
    I looked at that and my character ripped spontaneously.

• Options
    Just got Spell Echo, so the "core" of my Arc skills are in place (Archmage, Lightning Pen and Spell Echo)...and uhh, yeah. I can see where this build is going. Pretty hilarious to watch Arc double cast like that.

Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    i was doing a glacial hammer build, then i got firestorm adn the meteor falling on people made me laugh, so now im a meteor and glacial hammer build, then i got infernal cry and hrimburn and now im a glacial hammer ignite meteor build, then i got 100% freeze so now im doing herald

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    I'm about to the point where I'm going to take the first resistance curse. I'm already super squishy, even built in to the survibility parts of my passives first. Should I spend some time farming for some gear with resists before I finish Act 5?

• Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    don't forget to craft more resists onto your rares with open suffixes

• Options
    Rius wrote: »

How does one do this?

• Options
    edited January 2021
    Rius wrote: »

How does one do this?

Have you visited your hideout yet? There should be a crafting table somewhere.

Are you SSF?

Brody on
    "I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

• Options
    edited January 2021
    I have visited my hideout, didn't realize I could add resists to things at the crafting table.

What is SSF?

e: Oh, Solo Self-Found. No I am not. Regular non-hardcore Ritual League.

GnomeTank on
  • Options
    Yep, go-to hideout, open crafting bench, put rares in it, click on desired resists and craft (costs orbs, don't spend exalts lol)

• Options
    Can also use the crafting bench to force off colors onto armor that is hard to roll them on with chromes (blue sockets on pure str Armor pieces, etc)

• Options
    Yeah, the game just never tells you about the crafting bench, now that I think about it :rotate:

• Options
    EtiowsaEtiowsa Registered User regular
    Yeah, the game just never tells you about the crafting bench, now that I think about it :rotate:

Nah, it does. Helena gives you a quest to use it after when you rescue her. The game's actually not that bad at onboarding you onto the extra stuff.

• Options
    DaimarDaimar A Million Feet Tall of Awesome Registered User regular

There is one mission from Helena to use the bench when you first meet her.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I have visited my hideout, didn't realize I could add resists to things at the crafting table.

What is SSF?

e: Oh, Solo Self-Found. No I am not. Regular non-hardcore Ritual League.

Yeah, crafting table, or cheap items with decent resist/life totals. You can find rings without any other good mods for a couple C usually.

• Options
    FiatilFiatil Registered User regular
    edited January 2021
    Welp, word in the streets is Skelly Mages might be pretty boss....and most importantly, the jewel is 3c!

So despite all of my skeleton warrior whining, we're all in. I am addicted to skeletons -- hopefully I like these as much as my old warrior bros.

Fiatil on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SaldonasSaldonas See you space cowboy...Registered User regular
    I got a friend doing skelly mages. The clear is good, single target is a bit lacking.

Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/carthuun
    Switch: SW-1493-0062-4053
  • Options
    For all of the complaining I did about summoner/skeleton nerfs -- vaal skeletons is still amazing, boss tier DPS for bosses. I'm hoping that does the trick, but time will tell.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    AbsalonAbsalon Lands of Always WinterRegistered User regular
    My fire res is approaching 90 so now I need phys taken as fire to amp my tankiness.

• Options
    The number of times I die when I'm spamming Flame Dash to get out of a situation is too high. The game gives no indication that it's not working, I'm just stuck, hitting a spell that isn't on CD, that I have plenty of mana to cast, and isn't locked out, but instead of dashing I just stand there and die looking like an idiot. I'm fairly sure Arcane Cloak doesn't actually do anything except take half my mana. It's never saved me from anything.

Every time I start to get in to this game this is the kind of clunkyness that turns me off.

• Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    The number of times I die when I'm spamming Flame Dash to get out of a situation is too high. The game gives no indication that it's not working, I'm just stuck, hitting a spell that isn't on CD, that I have plenty of mana to cast, and isn't locked out, but instead of dashing I just stand there and die looking like an idiot. I'm fairly sure Arcane Cloak doesn't actually do anything except take half my mana. It's never saved me from anything.

Every time I start to get in to this game this is the kind of clunkyness that turns me off.

If you're looking for a guard spell, using Cast with Damage Taken and Immortal Call together is fairly standard. It automatically goes off when you take a certain amount of hits and buffs out a nice chunk of damage.

If you don't mind me asking, which act are you in and what's your HP/Energy Shield looking like?

• Options
    edited January 2021

The flame dash stuff is....weird, though I don't have a 100% answer. Your description of flame dash sounds like how I felt about flame dash before they made it a true instant cast spell without a real animation. I hated the skill so much, but love it now and use it on most characters for combat survival. I actually vastly prefer it to any of Diablo 3's movement abilities now, though I'll admit I don't play it much anymore.

I will say -- when stuff gets laggy, it like weirdly reverts to having a cast animation. It's not supposed to, but it seems like if framerate or network stuff are low enough, you get a delay and it behaves more like the old version. It rarely happens to me but I've seen it.

Fiatil on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    InvictusInvictus Registered User regular

It's possible, depending, that you're in the rituals that disable movement skills?

Generalísimo de Fuerzas Armadas de la República Argentina
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    Invictus wrote: »

It's possible, depending, that you're in the rituals that disable movement skills?

Oh god yeah this. It's an effect I'm not used to experiencing before this league in PoE -- some of the rituals disable movement skills, and it confused the hell out of me at first.

Fiatil on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    edited January 2021
    Okay, I'll try this againnnnnnnn

I still have never beat Shaper or Elder or whatever else (Atziri, Double Atziri, Chris Wilson, Trump)

Tell me a build that is fucking dumb, fun, and will beat Shaper/Elder with a minimum of PoeTrade fuckery and with league-begin budget

SummaryJudgment on
    Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.