As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Path of Exile] Sentinel League starts 05/13. Pokebots and uber bosses!

• Options
    fRAWRstfRAWRst The Seas Call The Mad AnswerRegistered User regular
    Roz wrote: »
    I dont understand why half the fire damage supports don't work with searing totem. It seems so arbritrary?

searing doesnt hit

J3qcnBP.png
  • Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    edited January 2021
    I dont understand why half the fire damage supports don't work with searing totem. It seems so arbritrary?

Burning damage isn't the same as fire.

It's DoT, not on hit.

jungleroomx on
  • Options
    RightfulSinRightfulSin Registered User regular
    Trying to decide on a good build for league start. I am somewhat limited because I cant really do the super fast clicking of multiple keys for skills/flasks and whatnot due to my hands and twitch reflexes.

Any recommended guides for that or any other builds to try out? I was thinking of a poison blade vortex assassin this go around, or maybe a kind of righteous fire build. As I said I need something more auto pilot for my hands/fingers (after too much clicking to fast they get hurting).

Thanks.

"If nothing is impossible, than would it not be impossible to find something that you could not do?" - Me
  • Options
    fRAWRstfRAWRst The Seas Call The Mad AnswerRegistered User regular
    Trying to decide on a good build for league start. I am somewhat limited because I cant really do the super fast clicking of multiple keys for skills/flasks and whatnot due to my hands and twitch reflexes.

Any recommended guides for that or any other builds to try out? I was thinking of a poison blade vortex assassin this go around, or maybe a kind of righteous fire build. As I said I need something more auto pilot for my hands/fingers (after too much clicking to fast they get hurting).

Thanks.

theres some good cwdt chieftain builds that literally do nothing but get hit

RF is still solid, but takes a while to get off the ground

good old war chief totems is easy and doesnt need alot of presses

unfortunately flask mashing is a part of gameplay now

J3qcnBP.png
  • Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    ok so that new hat maw of mischief

i used it and it immediately killed every minion including my stacked animated guardian permanently

bex how could u

owned

• Options
    SaldonasSaldonas See you space cowboy...Registered User regular
    You using some sp
    fRAWRst wrote: »

Thanks.

theres some good cwdt chieftain builds that literally do nothing but get hit

RF is still solid, but takes a while to get off the ground

good old war chief totems is easy and doesnt need alot of presses

unfortunately flask mashing is a part of gameplay now

*cries in RSI*

Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/carthuun
    Switch: SW-1493-0062-4053
  • Options
    AbsalonAbsalon Lands of Always WinterRegistered User regular
    I had some troubles in yellow maps but then I saw that my main weapon was like 2c and my gloves might as well have dropped from Dominus.

Being level 88 with no exalt drop thus far, that is some bullshit though.

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    If it makes you feel better exalts are surprisingly low in value this league.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    AresProphetAresProphet Registered User regular
    Crippl3 wrote: »
    ok so that new hat maw of mischief

i used it and it immediately killed every minion including my stacked animated guardian permanently

bex how could u

owned

pop

ex9pxyqoxf6e.png
  • Options
    SaldonasSaldonas See you space cowboy...Registered User regular
    I'm definitely loving this league. Skelly mages is online and much more enjoyable and less clicky than popcorn skellies, though needs a little work to smooth out the rough edges. Can't decide if I'd be better served using support specters (frenzy/power charges) or keep the solar guards I'm rocking for now to offset my clear since I'm not doing GMP on the skellies. Unfortunately down side to mages is the vaal army isn't as great because of so many warriors.

Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/carthuun
    Switch: SW-1493-0062-4053
  • Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    Hooray, didn't crash at all tonight.

Finally found a pair of Gemini Claws. Damage is a little bit up, but still cruising through maps with Wild Strike. It's okay-ish, I don't know if I like it more or less than Cobra Lash. Probably a little less.

The Vigil dropped naturally for me also, which is hilarious. So I guess now I get 32 seconds of Fortify with a single click whenever I want.

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    edited January 2021

it should work based on tags?

which supports specifically u thonking of?

key thing is that it doesnt "hit" cos its just a stacking dot

EDIT: oh didnt see the page get the 7th message saying the same thing but this time its my message so its better

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    AresProphetAresProphet Registered User regular
    Aegis wrote: »
    Hooray, didn't crash at all tonight.

Finally found a pair of Gemini Claws. Damage is a little bit up, but still cruising through maps with Wild Strike. It's okay-ish, I don't know if I like it more or less than Cobra Lash. Probably a little less.

The Vigil dropped naturally for me also, which is hilarious. So I guess now I get 32 seconds of Fortify with a single click whenever I want.

The Vigil with General's Cry+Vigilant Strike is genuinely hilarious

You shout, and your shout raises spirits from the dead, who then strike with such fury that you are protected from harm for an eternity (30 seconds, in PoE time)

Skyrim got nothin' on PoE warcries

ex9pxyqoxf6e.png
  • Options
    RanlinRanlin Oh gosh Registered User regular
    edited January 2021
    Do you have any control over how much tribute you can earn from a ritual besides not dying? Like, if you drag more mobs over to it before or after activation, will you get more? Or is it a predetermined amount, assuming no death.

Also: I didn't play during heist league, but heists seem pretty dang fun. Shame I'm successful less than half the time. Unfortunately the game is running like super garbage even with everything turned down, so without fail at some point during the escape I'm going to freeze for a solid 3-6 seconds. Which is often fatal, unsurprisingly. My computer is ancient but PoE has never run so poorly for me before, it stutters and freezes a ton.

edit: also I just found out the heist rogues have equipment slots. Is that for special heist equipment, or can you drop anything in there? I don't think I've seen anything special drop in a heist yet

Ranlin on
  • Options
    Heist friends can only have special equipment that drops when doing heists.

Rituals I do not know much about, but apparently it's best to do them in the order you encounter them to increase the amount of tribute you amass.

• Options
    YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    Rituals are bugged to give less tribute if you don't do them in the order you find them. They've said they're working on a fix.

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
  • Options
    Ratsult2Ratsult2 Registered User regular
    Also there are specific enemies that spawn in the ritual, dragging other enemies to the ritual does nothing.

Bosses are worth slightly more, so when they fix the bug you could go check to see if the boss has a ritual around them. If they do you would get credit for a boss kill 3 or 4 times.... but the amount you get for them really makes it seem like it isn't worth the time.

• Options
    I just had one of those PoE days when nothing felt right, most things didn't go well and no good drops were had. Still, my build is fine and has room to grow but it will take some exalts if I want to get anywhere. Gnur.

• Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    edited January 2021
    Fuck it, it's about time to do this again

2fwzh1n8my8j.jpg

Divine Ire ignite max block elementalist

jungleroomx on
  • Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    Took my early luck and selling to buy a 6L Brass Dome. So now my Juggy Earthshatter is sitting at 60k armor with pots. Add in endurance charges etc and I just run around slamming the ground.

• Options
    NogginNoggin Registered User regular
    I need to get a picture of my goofy ass Sentinel Guardian with space suit and lion head.

Fun build though, and pretty chill in terms of clicks/RSI.

Battletag: Noggin#1936
  • Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    edited January 2021
    oh yeah for those asking about skeleton warriors

i just realised iron mass wrath + smite abuse skellies is the most broken shit in the game due to them, uh, tripling the damage from that AND getting the 50% added bonus

so u no, if u want a 20million shaper dps build or whatever thats ur boi

victarios influence chest, smite high level wrath in that, aura effect nodes, vaal haste, vaal skellies, iron mass mainhand offhand whatever u want or a necro aegis shield, charge spectres, avatar of fire + ele equilibrium for free 50% shred, conductivity and exposure from a source, animated guardian with blue crown of tyrant and kingmaker, i n f i n i t e d a m a g e

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    FiatilFiatil Registered User regular
    edited January 2021

i just realised iron mass wrath + smite abuse skellies is the most broken shit in the game due to them, uh, tripling the damage from that AND getting the 50% added bonus

victarios influence chest, smite high level wrath in that, aura effect nodes, vaal haste, vaal skellies, iron mass mainhand offhand whatever u want or a necro aegis shield, charge spectres, avatar of fire + ele equilibrium for free 50% shred, conductivity and exposure from a source, animated guardian with blue crown of tyrant and kingmaker, i n f i n i t e d a m a g e

That sounds sweet! Also incredibly expensive relative to what I'm doing with mages, sadly. Your animate guardian items alone cost 10x as much as my build right now! A level 4 empower for smite is the same thing -- alone, it costs 10x as much as a decent skeleton mages build. The old skeleton warriors build I used never needed more than 1 ex to wipe red maps. That was probably broken! But I liked it I'll admit.

Hey maybe some day.

Fiatil on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    u dont need any of that stuff

its a jillion dps with just iron mass and sign of the sin eater (which gives level 30 smite and costs 4c)

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    FiatilFiatil Registered User regular
    edited January 2021

its a jillion dps with just iron mass and sign of the sin eater

Good to know! Yeah those are substantially cheaper as long as you're not on a league starter.

I was eyeing up iron mass last league, but ultimately never messed with it. It's worth a shot sometime -- ultimately I don't love having to do something to use the weapon for the effect, but it's just a flavor thing at the end of the day. It was my last great hope for skeletons before they buffed mages.

I'll admit I've never looked at Sign of the Sin Eater before -- any advice on mitigating the elemental ailments drawback in a practical way? It looks super strong if you can get around that, but I hate flask spamming almost as much as I do constantly suffering from elemental effects.

Also, how the heck are you using Sign of the Sin Eater, Iron Mass, AND a shield?

Fiatil on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular

Here's the build guide:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3ZlpTp_dJA

• Options
    edited January 2021
    Fiatil wrote: »

its a jillion dps with just iron mass and sign of the sin eater

Good to know! Yeah those are substantially cheaper as long as you're not on a league starter.

I was eyeing up iron mass last league, but ultimately never messed with it. It's worth a shot sometime -- ultimately I don't love having to do something to use the weapon for the effect, but it's just a flavor thing at the end of the day. It was my last great hope for skeletons before they buffed mages.

I'll admit I've never looked at Sign of the Sin Eater before -- any advice on mitigating the elemental ailments drawback in a practical way? It looks super strong if you can get around that, but I hate flask spamming almost as much as I do constantly suffering from elemental effects.

Also, how the heck are you using Sign of the Sin Eater, Iron Mass, AND a shield?

if u go that route no shield, run vis mortis or a random 6l chest of ur choice and stick the skellies in it

the ailment stuff broadly doesnt matter cos its nearby only so standing a bit back means it does nothing but flasks / immunity effects will handle it easily enough (or go elementalist and be immune to ailments, which is just as good as eg necro for a build like this due to 25 extra pen, shock effect and then golems being good secondary dps + support)

course the core thing is just flat elemental damage pumped thru it so abyssals etc too

o ye triad grip w/ 4blue turns that 800 phys into 800 lightning so, noice. can do same thing with phantasms if u can get a cheap soulwrest until u get iron mass and need to farm

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2021
    Today's game drops: Wasp Nest, Witchfire Brew, DoT Anoited Talisman, The Embalmer, and a Dendrobate that I 6-linked in 7 fusings.

I...guess I'm rerolling Cobra Lash.

I'm literally only missing Coralito's for all the build uniques, it's ridiculous.

Aegis on
    We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    After getting very poor ritual rewards and bad drops during level 1-89 the game provided me with 3 exalts and some chaos just today, letting me get a Replica Soul Tether. And when you have Pious Path on your Inquisitor and you have life regen all over the place, that adds a lot of tanky. Hell yeah.

Now I need Tempered by War and enough cold and lightning res on gear to compensate for that -50% malus.

• Options
    CarpyCarpy Registered User regular
    edited January 2021
    There's no real way to increase your tribute during the acts, right? I keep getting cool items that are massively more expensive than what I can earn in that zone and it feels terrible. Had the skeley mage jewel show up A4 and it was triple the tribute of the zone.

Edit: shit, this is what defer is for isn't it. How does defer work? I defer it and it comes back at a random zone and I just hope I get more tribute that zone?

Carpy on
  • Options
    every time u defer it gets cheaper - it shows u how much cheaper it will be next time when u go for the defer

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    CarpyCarpy Registered User regular
    Cool, I'll have to play with that next time

• Options
    CarnarvonCarnarvon Registered User regular
    That feel when you increase your DPS by 30% with a 10c item that could apparently roll two absolutely key stats you had no idea existed.

Feeling pretty good about my Claw and Shield Venom Gyre Raider. Zooming with 100% movespeed is pretty great, well worth the minor dps loss over Pathfinder. I'm really tanky, especially as I'm using blue ilvl 30 gloves, a tabula, and garbage belt. Could easily get another 1k life with 10 or 20c; just need to get a good 6link chest. Was planning on going brass dome with the phasing ascendency, but I didn't notice the -30% to block thing, which sucks. Ended up going for the frenzy charges anyway due to Gyre's low DPS anyway.

• Options
    Ratsult2Ratsult2 Registered User regular
    I think you pay like 15% of the cost to defer, and it makes it 10% cheaper next time, so you end up paying more overall. I don't usually defer currency, no need to pay more overall since it keeps showing up anyway.

Another thing to note is rituals have different tiers, for example the ice beam one can have 3, 4, or 5 beams at once (can also look so see how fancy the shrine is). The higher the tier, the better the items. So if you get a higher tier ritual but crap items, it is probably worth it to reroll.

• Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    I have an alt problem. Got my first watchstone, immediately started a bleed bow gladiator.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    Brody wrote: »
    I have an alt problem. Got my first watchstone, immediately started a bleed bow gladiator.

Yeah I just started #5 lol

• Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    It took me way too long to get to maps for me to want to do it a second time. Although I do have a Tabula Rasa now, which would hopefully help.

And perhaps I could try learning how to go fast.

• Options
    edited January 2021
    Peewi wrote: »
    It took me way too long to get to maps for me to want to do it a second time. Although I do have a Tabula Rasa now, which would hopefully help.

And perhaps I could try learning how to go fast.

JRXs go fast plan:

At least 2 quicksilver flasks (one from the medicine chest quest in act 1). Constantly use them.

Goldrim, Wanderlust, Praxis, and either Kikazaru if you need the regen or Le Heup if you need the stats.

Look for cheap unique weapons like Brightbeak, Lifesprig, or Redbeak.

Don't do any quest that doesn't advance the story or result in a skill point, unless you absolutely have to see Siosa.

A good set of starting gear costs about 10c in trade, if not less, and will allow you to just blow through the campaign.

jungleroomx on
  • Options
    RanlinRanlin Oh gosh Registered User regular
    every time u defer it gets cheaper - it shows u how much cheaper it will be next time when u go for the defer

Deferring more than once stacks? Or am I misunderstanding the every time part of that

• Options
    EtiowsaEtiowsa Registered User regular
    Ranlin wrote: »

Deferring more than once stacks? Or am I misunderstanding the every time part of that

I think the deferral discount caps at 50%, so after the 5th deferral it won't get any cheaper.