As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Listen to a [podcast] on the commute from your couch to your kitchen

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular

Cool. Any word on the shitty and abusive work environment you guys got called out on last year?

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    Oh my god this rude Tales is killing me

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    I just finally got around to listening to the Married to the Sea episode

"I need to remember that the players are smarter than me"

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    Bakalar talking about mastermind on the beastcast reminds me of how I figured out how to solve it every time within 5 or 6 turns when I was like 12.

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    edited July 2020

Cool. Any word on the shitty and abusive work environment you guys got called out on last year?

that's every game except samurai shodown

also, mr. wizard is entirely gone now

EDIT: Oh wait, Killer Instinct is still in, haven't seen any statement from Microsoft yet
    EDIT 2: Oh wait, it literally says EVO is canceled in that last tweet, didn't even see it

Crippl3 on
  • Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Oh my god, Jean-Luc the Tailor destroying Smellulus in this Rude Tales almost killed me

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    I’ve been playing Trackmania and this game is cool

• Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    Uh, I think I missed something. The fuck happened with EVO?

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    turtleant wrote: »
    Uh, I think I missed something. The fuck happened with EVO?

content warning
    "The short version of the allegations against Joey "MrWizard" Cuellar pertains to giving young boys arcade tokens to do inappropriate things, such as taking off their clothes."

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Whaaaaat the fffffuuuuckkk

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    been a big #metoo gaming push again and it's hit the fgc over the last two days, the smash community especially has had people willing to come forward and tell their stories

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    edited July 2020
    been a big #metoo gaming push again and it's hit the fgc over the last two days, the smash community especially has had people willing to come forward and tell their stories

The fgc has had stuff bubble up every so often, usually resulting in bannings of specific players. This is the first one I can think of that could have a significant impact on the tournament scene. So many fighting game developers are pulling their games from EVO that EVO 2020 won't be happening. And the future of EVO itself is...kind of up in the air.

Stilts on
    IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    online evo 2020 has already been officially canceled yes

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    I love this extremely straight laced high school election commissioner on reply all

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    The demise of notable internet shitlord cavern SomethingAwful may be nigh, rumblings intensify
    Something Awful had a particular response to furries. After creating a subforum specifically for furries to post in, everyone who used it was marked with a custom yellow star avatar, then banned.

I don't know if something so deliberate can rightly be called a Holocaust joke. A tin-penny re-enactment, a perfect internet microcosm reflecting utterly mainstream prejudices. It is indefensible.

I'm sorry. It was wrong then, and it remains wrong now. I do not know what will happen with the site, but it cannot die with this unsaid: We were wrong.

• Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    Don't you threaten me with a good thing

• Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    edited July 2020
    Just finished listening to Adventure Zone Balance for like the fifth time. Can't believe these stupid idiots made me cry again.

Jedoc on
    GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    I only just started the new rude tales but this assassin character is genius

• Options
    It's nice to hear Jan unequivocally say "Fuck J.K. Rowling", especially since I know how big of a Harry Potter fan he is.

• Options
    SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    Hobnail wrote: »
    The demise of notable internet shitlord cavern SomethingAwful may be nigh, rumblings intensify
    Something Awful had a particular response to furries. After creating a subforum specifically for furries to post in, everyone who used it was marked with a custom yellow star avatar, then banned.

I don't know if something so deliberate can rightly be called a Holocaust joke. A tin-penny re-enactment, a perfect internet microcosm reflecting utterly mainstream prejudices. It is indefensible.

I'm sorry. It was wrong then, and it remains wrong now. I do not know what will happen with the site, but it cannot die with this unsaid: We were wrong.

i think the head admin has progressing talks to assume ownership from the previous shithead. weird to see that place primarily become pretty leftist over the years, lotta stuff that'd be a shame to lose

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    I never paid much attention to SA but I knew a guy in university who used to read it (I think that's how I know it existed). I would put money down that he's now a Chapo dude.

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    A person I knew in college is I think fairly high up in the pecking order there these days?

They were essentially my nemesis in college, but in that way that I later came to recognize that we were fairly similar and theoretically should have gotten along we just came at the same social groups in the same way from opposite directions.

• Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    He was a werewolf, then?

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    ...not far off.

• Options
    DiarmuidDiarmuid Amazing Meatball Registered User regular
  • Options
    JacobyJacoby OHHHHH IT’S A SNAKE Creature - SnakeRegistered User regular
    -Tal wrote: »
    I love this extremely straight laced high school election commissioner on reply all

I just want to know how he never once saw anything about not doing online voting. No Tom Scott? No xkcd? Nothing?!

GameCenter: ROldford
    Switch: nin.codes/roldford
  • Options
    ShabootyShabooty Registered User regular
    oh no what

it never gets easier

• Options
    ShabootyShabooty Registered User regular
    anywho, clementine kesh, huh

• Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    Just used a glass of milk to wash down a Lactaid tablet aka a Wisconsin Speedball

• Options
    edited July 2020
    That’s the most middle aged middle America thing I’ve ever heard

tynic on
  • Options
    WACriminalWACriminal Dying Is Easy, Young Man Living Is HarderRegistered User regular
  • Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    edited July 2020
    Neil Druckmann is acting like angering awful gamers is because of "pushing conventions"

If gamer gate and pretty much everything over the last few months has shown anything, it is easy to piss off gamers and get death threats by doing about the bare minimum when it comes to representation because gamers are completely awful

Don't use it to toot your massive video game company horn

Couscous on
  • Options
    el_vicioel_vicio Registered User regular
    I reaaaally hate how Druckmann is riding that "only the fash dislike my game!" to the endzone. It's grating af and he seems so full of himself. And this specifically feels like using serious issues like death threats to somehow promote his fucking game

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options
    SimBenSimBen Hodor? Hodor Hodor.Registered User regular
    There are... lots of centrists in video games who think there are only two controversies: "This game is not woke enough" and "This game is too woke". They think if people are angry it must necessarily be one of those things and only one of them.

It fucking sucks.

sig.gif
  • Options
    el_vicioel_vicio Registered User regular
    edited July 2020
    There are communities forming around those positions that reinforce that as well. You got your *chan audience that is fuming about a girl with muscles, and anything LGBT, and you got stuff like r/gamingcirclejerk who are throwing confetti around that TLoU2 sold X millions because the other audience is thus "btfo". Which ignores all the other shit in that game that many people call trite and frankly despicable, and that's not even taking working conditions into consideration.
    And Druckmann is capitalizing off the latter big time, and amplifies that perspective with such a smug self-satisfaction. Bah.

I'm fairly grumpy atm so maybe it isn't all that bad, but from what I've seen...

el_vicio on
    ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    Druckmann has basically been broadcasting the right wing hate of the game and then just smearing everybody who has criticism of the game as right wing bigots and as a reason to not interact with any good faith criticism

• Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    edited July 2020
    Niel "sucks man" should simply log off and enjoy the success of his 94 metacritic 4 million sales in a weekend game

-Tal on
    PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    We're gonna have some very normal racing tomorrow with vettel starting from 11th

This discussion has been closed.