As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Listen to a [podcast] on the commute from your couch to your kitchen

• Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    The sad thing about the Venture Brothers news for me isn't that they didn't have a good run, it's that they didn't get the chance to end it on their terms.

• Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    Successfully killed the thread by misposting from the TV thread

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Tube wrote: »
    Successfully killed the thread by misposting from the TV thread

Once someone makes a post about the Venture Bros everyone else has to wait two to three years to respond

• Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    hey podcast crew someone wants me to go on their podcast to talk about a recent paper
    it seems legit enough, little bit boutique, basically 10-minute science soundbites
    should I do it y/n? Can't really see a downside except I have to fit it into my schedule.

• Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    Is it Joe Rogan

• Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    Do it but you have to give us a shoutout

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Do it, but be careful not to get addicted to it

Nobody would wish the fate of becoming a podcaster on you

• Options
    Straightzi wrote: »

hey I'm a social podguester, I can quit anytime I want.

• Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    Though if you want to do a short podcast to just report on that week's additions to your scrapbook of existential horror I would totally subscribe.

• Options
    Though if you want to do a short podcast to just report on that week's additions to your scrapbook of existential horror I would totally subscribe.

It would just be me reading news headlines and sighing heavily

• Options
    The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular

Shout outs to the jelquing forums

icGJy2C.png
  • Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular

i would

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options

i would

i have done nothing to deserve this

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    That's just his way of asking you to start a podcast with him

• Options
    Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    Make sure to get your free podcaster underwear/mattress/shaving kit

Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
  • Options
    OptyOpty Registered User regular

Don't forget the website hosting and earbuds

• Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular

Why would I wanna shave my underwear or my mattress?

• Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    Yeah, nothing worse than mattress stubble. Full mattress wax or don't bother.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    MalReynoldsMalReynolds The Hunter S Thompson of incredibly mild medicines Registered User regular

Shout outs to the jelquing forums

I read that as Jelqing Holmes, maybe a distant cousin of Sherlock.

"A new take on the epic fantasy genre... Darkly comic, relatable characters... twisted storyline."
    "Readers who prefer tension and romance, Maledictions: The Offering, delivers... As serious YA fiction, I’ll give it five stars out of five. As a novel? Four and a half." - Liz Ellor
    My new novel: Maledictions: The Offering. Now in Paperback!
  • Options
    Substantially irritating jokey joke episode of Behind the Bastards today listener beware

• Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular

podcast feels a bit short, especially considering this race and the Williams news

but I guess Drew and Danny are still working under California fire alerts so maybe they had to skiddadle

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    The running subplot on the Bombcast now is “me hoping the Giant Bomb west crew abandons California”

It’s not realistic but god every week it just sounds like a completely miserable place to be

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »
    The running subplot on the Bombcast now is “me hoping the Giant Bomb west crew abandons California”

It’s not realistic but god every week it just sounds like a completely miserable place to be

it was so hot on Sunday that the only place in the apartment I could comfortably sit was on the couch directly between our window AC blowing one direction and a tower fan blowing in the opposite direction

if I moved two feet out of that zone it felt like I was trying to breathe microwaved Jell-O

so

it’s

not great

• Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
  • Options
    captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular

I wasn't sure I totally believed this, so I checked out Snap Map. The other pictures aren't as red, but they're basically the same. Lots of people taking pictures outside because it looks fucked.

• Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »

From what I've been told, I'm pretty sure Jeff just fades away and respawns in Petaluma if he's ever outside of California for more than like a week.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    captaink wrote: »
    RED

I wasn't sure I totally believed this, so I checked out Snap Map. The other pictures aren't as red, but they're basically the same. Lots of people taking pictures outside because it looks fucked.

yeah we had the same kind of images coming out in January, the depth of colour is both horrifying and amazing.

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    If you could mix and match and get your ideal bombcast line-up of 5 people, what would it be

If we're just talking current people I'd go Jeff, Vinny, Abby, Jan, and Alex

If we're talkin' all-time I'd say sub Alex for Austin

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    If you could mix and match and get your ideal bombcast line-up of 5 people, what would it be

I honestly think this is The List

Jason and Brad are not very fun on mic and I don't dislike bakalar but i'd dump him for the others

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    edited September 2020

Yup that’s the list for sure.

Edit: occasional guest wild card Dan from the all timers list

rhylith on
  • Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular

I'd swap out vinny for ben, my fondness for him has waned as he's become more Dad and less Vinny

• Options

I'd swap out vinny for ben, my fondness for him has waned as he's become more Dad and less Vinny

Ben’s whole bit would definitely work better with some of the east crew. We’ve already seen it in his early e3 stuff with Abby.

• Options
    SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    Vinny needs a subject he is engaged with. Either angry or happy, it's fine. But there are definitely bits where he loses focus and then retreads something that was just covered because he wasn't paying attention.
    But on point Vinny is top tier.

Jeff/Vinny/Alex/Jan/Abby would also be mine.

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • Options
    Id probably go for like five Rories all babbling over eachother

• Options
    SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    Hobnail wrote: »
    Id probably go for like five Rories all babbling over eachother

Each somehow drunker than the last........the podcast ends buying a 360 degree monitor.

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular

i'm still just like, aggressively neutral about Ben

i don't dislike him really but i also struggle to think of any "fun Ben moments"

honestly the thing i like best about him is i enjoy having someone in there to defend smash bros.

• Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    Sounds like you need to do more rocking around to the new old school

• Options
    also i think bakalar brings out the Dad in vinny a lot more than it otherwise would be

bakalar has an intense Dad Energy that vinny can't help but try to rise to

• Options
    Speaking of giant bomb, I know the lockdown stuff they were streaming for several months was at a pretty crazy pace, but it seems like they slowed way down on that and I kinda miss it.

Abby’s still goin strong with fortnite and clue crew and Alex does his drum streams but I was excited for more adventures of yum yum in MHW and possibly Ben’s dragon age game, and we haven’t seen either in a few weeks.

This discussion has been closed.