As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[D&D Discussion] 5th Edition HD Remaster Coming in 2024, Entering the Disney Vault in 2025

• Options
    iguanacusiguanacus Desert PlanetRegistered User regular
    Tox wrote: »
    Reportedly Booming Blade is getting some sort of nerf.

Leak that I read made it and GFB both target self, meaning that they won't work with warcaster's AoO.

• Options
    valhalla130valhalla130 13 Dark Shield Perceives the GodsRegistered User regular
    Is a tortle cleric a good idea, or should I just go full Master Oogway from Kung-fu Panda and make him a monk? That would allow me to benefit more from his natural armor.

asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
  • Options
    joshgotrojoshgotro Deviled Egg The Land of REAL CHILIRegistered User regular
    edited November 2020
    Only if you name him Raphael.

Edit: my comment makes no sense. Warhammer/chainmail tortle is a treat visually.

joshgotro on
  • Options
    zekebeauzekebeau Registered User regular
    Is a tortle cleric a good idea, or should I just go full Master Oogway from Kung-fu Panda and make him a monk? That would allow me to benefit more from his natural armor.

I tried to work up a monk tortle for a while, but unless you just really like the flavor, it is just a weaker version of a monk in almost every way. Tortles get STR, but monks are very focused on not using STR and using dex for dmg and hit. And Wis for AC is wasted because the natural armor is in place of, not on top of, so you basically will never worry about AC, but that's for any class with a tortle. You either make a bog standard monk who has a bit higher AC in the first couple levels, advancing just like a monk with dex and wis until it exceeds natural. Or you try to dump dex to make a STR WIS monk, but all that really gets you is slightly higher DC on your stunning fist, which isn't that great, and a number of monk features key of dex so it feels like what's the point?

But something I stumbled on that was a lot of fun was Bard college of swords. Martial class that could really use the AC, lets you lean into the Tortle strengths and shore up the class weakness. Also warlock pact blade that isn't just a hexblade is fun.

• Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    Had some missing players so I ran Strahd in Space last night in Storm King's Thunder.

It was a lot more random and comedic than ravenloft normally is, what with the gnome illithids, the giff, and an ultraloth ufo also showing up. They cornered Strahd at the heart of darkness and killed him while the giff commander ripped off her coat, cracked her knuckles, and pile drived the Ultraloth off the castle tower while wishing glory and long life on the the queen

When strahd finally fell to the sunsword he was heard saying "Ittssssssssssss abouuuuuuuuut eeethiiiiiiiiiiics in game jouuuurrrnnaaaaliiiiiiism" as he faded away (the fighter, who has never played curse of strahd, heard Strahd's opening monologue and said "this guy's got big incel energy"

they found the ultraloth and giff commander sharing drinks over some dead illithids, and of the 4 crashed spell jammers, the only one that was intact was the Ultraloth's, but his Helm was damaged, so they installed the gothic ravenloft helm in there, the party went back and looted some advanced Aeorian shit out of their crashed spelljammer (so they dragged a fancy autoshower and food replicator with them into the ultraloth's ship), and them, the ultraloth, his nycaloth helmsman, the 2 surviving giff, and Tatyana left on the ultraloth's UFO to drop them back off in exandra.

The ultraloth dropped them on island in the middle of nowhere and left. Mordenkainen showed up to retrieve Tatyana and complained that Ravenloft almost crashed into Oerth before mysteriously teleporting away, and everyone took a well earned rest before teleport circling back home. The two giff were upset at losing their ship, but the commander took a look around their town and set about establishing a proper brewery. "I've got some leave coming after all, and with the wolloping we gave those mind flayers I'd say the leftnenant and myself have earned a nip or twelve!"

a very successful one shot

• Options
    gavindelgavindel The reason all your software is brokenRegistered User regular
    edited November 2020
    This is not, in fact, the SE thread. Nothing to see here folks!

gavindel on
    Book - Royal road - Free! Seraphim === TTRPG - Wuxia - Free! Seln Alora
  • Options
    KelorKelor Registered User regular
    edited November 2020
    I know people have expressed fondness/interest over 4E, and have a neat idea that would translate well into a setup for a Westmarches game run as a pbp on here.

I'm gauging interest in it, since I think the player-driven nature of it would work really well in that format, and maybe rotating/collaborative DMing given the larger group sizes. Three DMs, two concurrent groups, so people don't feel they have to wait too long before getting out again.

This is my elevator pitch for it.
    Citizens of a dying world, the peoples of Theleos were offered a bargain by the god Ioun; their participation in a test by the god of knowledge in exchange for their lives and the survival of their cultures.

As the last continent sank into the boiling seas, they were transported by Ioun through space to a city on another world, nestled in a valley. They named it Aladrion, safety, in their mother tongue, and the city Dawnbreak at the chance to see a new day.

Four angels were sent as mediators, guardians and teachers of this newly named city. They described the Thelians’ task as thus;

To train both mind and body for the rigours ahead
    When ready, to seek knowledge of the world beyond the valley
    To retrieve knowledge and relics lost to time and ruin

To aid the Thelians in their task, Ioun granted all a common tongue in which to communicate, asked Pelor to bless the lands and rivers of the valley with bounty and had each of the gods gift a mighty instrument to aid them.

The wilds of Aladrion are a perilous place. Ironic, given it’s name, and danger abounds.

Kelor on
  • Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Reminds me of Hollow World

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    Hexmage-PAHexmage-PA Registered User regular
    edited November 2020
    Just completed this loose 5E adaptation of a 4E NPC introduced in a Dungeon Magazine article:
    Pri'eska, Messenger of Frost and Flame
    Medium fiend, lawful evil

Armor Class 19 (natural armor)
    Hit Points 127 (17d8 + 51)
    Speed 50 ft, fly 50 ft

STR +4 DEX +5 CON +3 INT +2 WIS +1 CHA +4

Skills Athletics +8, Intimidation +8
    Damage Resistances bludgeoning, piercing, and slashing from nonmagical attacks
    Damage Immunities cold, fire, poison
    Condition Immunities charmed, frightened, poisoned
    Senses darkvision 60 ft., passive Perception 11
    Languages Common, Dwarvish, Elvish, Infernal, Sylvan, Telepathy 120 ft.
    Challenge 10

Coldfire Caster. Any spell cast by Pri'eska that deals cold damage can be altered to instead deal fire damage and vice versa.
    Devil's Sight. Pri'eska can see in supernatural darkness.
    Infernal Loyalty. Pri'eska has advantage on saving throws while she can see a creature within 30 feet of her that has the Loyalty Beyond Death trait.
    Infernal Mandate. Allies within 30 feet of Pri'eska that she can see deal an additional 1d8 cold or fire damage when they hit with a weapon attack. This trait ceases to function if Pri'eska is incapacitated.
    Innate Spellcasting. Pri'eska's innate spellcasting ability is Charisma (spell save DC 16). She can innately cast the following spells, requiring no material components:
    At will: friends, gust of wind
    1/day each: ice storm, wall of fire
    Magic Resistance. Pri'eska has advantage on saving throws against spells and other magical effects.
    Magic Weapons. Pri'eska's weapon attacks are magical.

Actions
    Multiattack. Pri'eska makes two weapon attacks. After making an attack she may use Coldfire Step, if it is available.
    Longsword. +8. 2d8+4 slashing damage plus 1d8 cold or fire damage, or 2d10+4 slashing damage plus 1d8 cold or fire damage if used with two hands.
    Longbow. +9. Range 150/600 ft. 2d8+5 piercing damage plus 1d8 cold or fire damage.
    Coldfire Step (Recharge 4–6). As a bonus action, Pri'eska can teleport up to 30 feet to an unoccupied space she can see. Creatures within 5 feet of the space she leaves and within 5 feet of the space she teleports to take 1d6 cold or fire damage.
    Fey Charm. Pri'eska targets one humanoid that she can see within 30 feet of her. If the target can see her, it must succeed on a DC 16 Wisdom saving throw or be magically charmed. The charmed creature regards Pri'eska as a trusted friend to be heeded and protected. Although the target isn't under her control, it takes Pri'eska's requests or Actions in the most favorable way it can. Each time Pri'eska or her allies do anything harmful to the target, it can repeat the saving throw, ending the effect on itself on a success. Otherwise, the effect lasts 24 hours or until Pri'eska dies, is on a different plane of existence from the target, or ends the effect as a bonus action. If a target's saving throw is successful, the target is immune to the Pri'eska's Fey Charm for the next 24 hours. Pri'eska can have no more than three humanoids charmed at one time.

Reactions
    Hellish Rebuke (2/day). When Pri'eska is damaged by a creature within 60 feet of her that she can see, the creature that damaged her must make a DC 16 Dexterity saving throw, taking 3d10 cold or fire damage on a failed save, or half as much on a successful one.
    Loyalty Beyond Death (1/Rest). When an ally Pri'eska can see is reduced to 0 hit points, that ally is instead reduced to 1 hit point and gains 12 temporary hit points.

Description: A beautiful, pale blue winter fey brought from the Feywild to Phlegethos by agents of the archdevil Fierna and given a name in Infernal that translates to "icy flower". Though ostensibly delivered as a reward to Fierna's horned devil vassal Ontrikaz, Pri'eska instead challenged the fiend to combat in Stygia's Duelist Chasm. Pri'eska somehow won the duel despite overwhelming odds, leading to speculation that Fierna aided her in some way. As a reward she was transformed into a unique devil, granted Ontrikaz's holdings in Phlegethos, and had her would-be master demoted to the rank of barbed devil and assigned to her. On occasion Pri'eska is commanded by Fierna to depart Phlegethos and serve as the leader of new cults dedicated to the archdevil.

Hexmage-PA on
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    Currently doing research on the duergar and just found myself wondering what duergar affected by the mania of the Feywild or the malaise of the Shadowfell would be like.

Though honestly I wonder that for many D&D creatures.

Hexmage-PA on
  • Options
    BursarBursar Hee Noooo! PDX areaRegistered User regular
    My wife wants to run a one-shot, and the group has for some reason taken a "bring three characters and we'll put together a team" mentality. So naturally I am wringing out all my awful joke characters to bring to the table.

First up: a cheery but dim Tortle Wildfire druid based on a snapping turtle, who will summon a fire spirit that takes the form of a cockatiel he names Molotov. Whenever he slings a firebolt, he'll yell "Tortles!"

GNU Terry Pratchett
    PSN: Wstfgl | GamerTag: An Evil Plan | Battle.net: FallenIdle#1970
    Hit me up on BoardGameArena! User: Loaded D1
    Spoilered until images are unborked. egc6gp2emz1v.png
  • Options
    webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    We finished Avernus tonight! It was a great ride. After the epilogue our DM told us he made up a lot of it, and I THINK we've finally convinced him to run his own homebrew the next time he runs a game. Between here and now we have a bunch of smaller games that a bunch of folks want to run, and then Ryme when we can get back together in person, so he has plenty of time.

For the oneshot we're running next week I'm going to be a super emo edgelord Tiefling Bloodhunter. He has the "Scion of a famous adventurer" as a background and is just going to be an insufferable layabout that only successful through his innate talent and through no work of his own. It should be hilarious.

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    I mean you kind of have to make up a lot of Avernus, or Dragon Heist

most of the newer modules are that way

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    So, how realistic are the physics in your games?
    Is your Grease spell flammable?
    If it is, and some in the party casts create water in the area, does it do this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3F4c5o4J7M

Asking for a friend.

• Options
    GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    Grease is not flammable :P

wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    Goumindong wrote: »

The spell doesn't specify one way or the other, and grease fires are fun to play with in game.
    And my DM lets me light it on fire.

• Options
    GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    We got us a cop here.

• Options
    davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    Everything is flammable given sufficient application of heat.

• Options
    Oh man, spoilers for Ryme of the Frostmaiden
    So we’re not playing for a few months yet due to covid and wanting to play in person, but weve made characters and our DM just got his Beadle and Grim set for it. Apparently there are secrets that everyone has, and you draw two cards and get to pick your secret.

For mine I picked being implanted by a slaad. I have two in game months to get it sorted before I get chest burst, and we’re playing it that I was blackout drunk when it happened, so i don't even know what exactly is going on. All the indication I have is that my character has a persistent cough that feels like it should be producing, but never does.

I fucking love it.

• Options
    edited November 2020
    Another set of statblocks for my campaign:
    Idara, Tunnel Witch Matron
    Medium Humanoid (Drow), Chaotic Evil

Armor Class 14 (mage armor)
    Hit Points 87 (10d8+30)
    Speed 40 ft

STR +1 DEX +1 CON +3 INT +0/+4 WIS +3/+7 CHA -1

Skills Nature +4, Perception +7, Survival +7, Stealth +5
    Damage Immunities poison, psychic
    Condition Immunities charmed, diseased, poisoned
    Senses truesight 120ft, passive Perception 16
    Languages Druidic, Elvish, Undercommon
    Challenge 10

Special Equipment. Eyes of the Spider, Piwafwi, Stone’s Weight Staff, one dose of The Calling, two scrolls of Transmute Rock, one scroll of Wall of Stone.
    Armor of Shadows. Idara can cast Mage Armor on herself at will.
    Beast Speech. Idara can cast Speak with Animals at will, without expending a spell slot.
    Eyes of the Spider. Idara has true sight, is immune to psychic damage, any effect that would sense her emotions or read her thoughts, and the charmed condition. The Eyes of the Spider foils spells or effects of similar power used to affect the target’s mind. Idara also gains the Horrifying Visage action. The Eyes of the Spider is attuned to Idara until she dies.
    Fey Ancestry. Idara has advantage on saving throws against being charmed, and magic can’t put the drow to sleep.
    Innate Spellcasting. Idara's inmate spellcasting ability is Charisma (spell save DC 10). She can innately cast the following spells, requiring no material components:
    At will: dancing lights
    2/day each: darkness, faerie fire
    3/day each: hex
    Land's Stride. Idara can move through nonmagical difficult terrain normally. She can pass through nonmagical plants without being slowed by them and without taking damage from them if they have thorns, spines, or a similar hazard. She has advantage on saving throws against plants that are magically created or manipulated to impede movement, such those created by the entangle spell.
    Mobile. Difficult terrain doesn’t cost extra movement when Idara uses the Dash action. Creatures she attacks cannot make opportunity attacks against her for the rest of her turn.
    Nature's Ward. Idara cannot be charmed or frightened by elementals or fey. She is immune to poison and disease.
    Piwafwi. While Idara wears this cloak with its hood up, Wisdom (Perception) checks made to see her have disadvantage. and she has advantage on Dexterity (Stealth) checks made to hide, as the cloak's color shifts to camouflage her. Pulling the hood up or down requires an action.
    Spellcasting (Humanoid Form Only). Idara is a 10th-level spellcaster. Her spellcasting ability is Wisdom (spell save DC 15; +7 to hit with spell attacks). She has the following druid spells prepared:
    Cantrips (at will): druidcraft, mold earth, produce flame, resistance
    1st level (4 slots): cure wounds, longstrider, speak with animals
    2nd level (3 slots): gust of wind, moonbeam, spider climb, spike growth, web
    3rd level (3 slots): dIspel magic, gaseous form, meld into stone, stinking cloud
    4th level (3 slots): erupting earth, greater invisibility, hallucinatory terrain, locate creature, stone shape
    5th level (2 slots): cloudkill, insect plague, transmute rock, wall of stone
    Sunlight Sensitivity. While in sunlight, Idara has disadvantage on attack rolls, as well as on Wisdom (Perception) checks that rely on sight.
    Web Walker. Idara ignores movement restrictions caused by webbing.

Actions
    Multiattack. Idara makes two melee attacks.
    Stone’s Weight Staff (Humanoid Form Only). +5. 2d6+1 bludgeoning damage, and the target’s speed is reduced by 10 feet until the start of Idara’s next turn.
    Produce Flame (Humanoid Form Only). +7. 2d8 fire damage.
    Horrifying Visage (3/day). Each non-undead creature within 60 ft. of Idara that can see her must succeed on a DC 13 Wisdom saving throw or be frightened for 1 minute. If the save fails by 5 or more, the target also ages 1d4 x 10 years. A frightened target can repeat the saving throw at the end of each of its turns, ending the frightened condition on itself on a success. If a target's saving throw is successful or the effect ends for it, the target is immune to Idara’s horrifying visage for the next 24 hours. The aging effect can be reversed with a greater restoration spell, but only within 24 hours of it occurring.
    Wild Shape (2/Rest). Idara magically polymorphs into a beast form—spider or giant flying spider. Any equipment she is wearing or carrying is absorbed or borne by the beast form (Idara’s choice). Idara retains the benefits of Land’s Stride and Mobile. She can revert to her humanoid form as a bonus action, when she falls unconscious, when her beast form is reduced to 0 hit points, or when she dies.
    Zin-Carla, Awakened Giant Flying Spider
    Large beast, chaotic evil

Armor Class 15 (spidersilk barding)
    Hit Points 33 (4d10+4)
    Speed 30 ft., climb 30 ft., fly 40 ft.

STR +2 DEX +3 CON +1 INT +0 WIS +0 CHA -4

Skills Stealth +7
    Senses blindsight 10 ft., darkvision 60 ft., passive Perception 10
    Languages Undercommon
    Challenge 1

Special Equipment. Spidersilk Barding.
    Spider Climb. Zin-Carla can climb difficult surfaces, including upside down on ceilings, without needing to make an ability check.
    Spidersilk Barding. While Idara is mounted she can't be dismounted against her will if she's conscious, and attack rolls against Zin-Carla have disadvantage. Any other creature that attempts to mount Zin-Carla is restrained and cannot willingly dismount unless it makes a DC 12 Strength check.
    Web Sense. While in contact with a web, Zin-Carla knows the exact location of any other creature in contact with the same web.
    Web Walker. Zin-Carla ignores movement restrictions caused by webbing.

Actions
    Bite. +5. 1d8+3 piercing damage, and the target must make a DC 11 Constitution saving throw, taking 2d8 poison damage on a failed save, or half as much damage on a successful one. If the poison damage reduces the target to 0 hit points, the target is stable but poisoned for 1 hour, even after regaining hit points, and is paralyzed while poisoned in this way.
    Web (Recharge 5–6). +5. Range 30/60 ft. The target is restrained by webbing. As an action, the restrained target can make a DC 12 Strength check, bursting the webbing on a success. The webbing can also be attacked and destroyed (AC 10; hp 5; vulnerability to fire damage; immunity to bludgeoning, poison, and psychic damage).

I intend for the party to first encounter these two as potential mercenary allies.

Hexmage-PA on
  • Options
    TynnanTynnan seldom correct, never unsure Registered User regular
    Gotta make an all-bard party for Rhyme of the Frostmaiden

• Options
    edited November 2020
    So Horrifying Visage is a pretty terrifying ability that I'm honestly surprised nothing other than the standard low CR ghost has:
    Each non-undead creature within 60 ft. of Idara that can see her must succeed on a DC 13 Wisdom saving throw or be frightened for 1 minute. If the save fails by 5 or more, the target also ages 1d4 x 10 years. A frightened target can repeat the saving throw at the end of each of its turns, ending the frightened condition on itself on a success. If a target's saving throw is successful or the effect ends for it, the target is immune to Idara’s horrifying visage for the next 24 hours. The aging effect can be reversed with a greater restoration spell, but only within 24 hours of it occurring.

Jeremy Crawford also clarified on Sage Advice that the aging effect possibility applies on the repeat saving throws!

I'm assuming this "aging" is akin to cellular damage; otherwise a baby failing its save by 5 or more might suddenly grow into a forty year old.

Too bad there aren't any rules regarding the impact on a character's stats that aging from their 30's to their 70's would logically have.

Hexmage-PA on
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    If I were going to do any age related penalties, I would probably do a global -1 to stats if you got within 10% of the end of that races lifespan. So if a Human was 30, average lifespan was 75 lets say, and got aged 40 years, They'd end up with a -1 across the board.

Edit: thinking about it, I would do it that every year within your last 10 years of life (based on lifespan per race) you would roll a 1d6, with a 1 representing strength, 2 dex, etc... and you would take a negative 1 to that stat depending on what you rolled on the d6.

webguy20 on
  • Options
    GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    That effect hit my Aarakocra bard. Aarakocra only live 30 years. My DM agreed that turning my 4 year-old bird into a dying old man was bad design and scaled it to "only" be 8 years; he still went from teen to middle-aged, though!

• Options
    Hexmage-PA wrote: »
    So Horrifying Visage is a pretty terrifying ability that I'm honestly surprised nothing other than the standard low CR ghost has:
    Each non-undead creature within 60 ft. of Idara that can see her must succeed on a DC 13 Wisdom saving throw or be frightened for 1 minute. If the save fails by 5 or more, the target also ages 1d4 x 10 years. A frightened target can repeat the saving throw at the end of each of its turns, ending the frightened condition on itself on a success. If a target's saving throw is successful or the effect ends for it, the target is immune to Idara’s horrifying visage for the next 24 hours. The aging effect can be reversed with a greater restoration spell, but only within 24 hours of it occurring.

Jeremy Crawford also clarified on Sage Advice that the aging effect possibility applies on the repeat saving throws!

I'm assuming this "aging" is akin to cellular damage; otherwise a baby failing its save by 5 or more might suddenly grow into a forty year old.

Too bad there aren't any rules regarding the impact on a character's stats that aging from their 30's to their 70's would logically have.

So this has given me a really great idea for an evil empire.

You find some way to create/control a ghost and then use it to instantly transform babies into adults, which you use to make more babies. This reduces the human reproductive cycle down to about 9 months and so gives you a maximal/minimal 1.5 year doubling period on population, limited by how fast you can get those babies in front of your ghosts.

These effectively vat grown people will have proper human intelligence but zero world knowledge and so would be particularly easy to control

wbBv3fj.png
  • Options

You find some way to create/control a ghost and then use it to instantly transform babies into adults, which you use to make more babies. This reduces the human reproductive cycle down to about 9 months and so gives you a maximal/minimal 1.5 year doubling period on population, limited by how fast you can get those babies in front of your ghosts.

These effectively vat grown people will have proper human intelligence but zero world knowledge and so would be particularly easy to control

Be great if your running magic on blood sacrifice too. They technically have souls. Maybe this empire is fielding armies with Demons or Devils in it and nobody knows how they are controlling them. In reality the evil empire is controlling them by mass production blood sacrifices using the ghost aging abilities. Secretly though there is a huge powderkeg of soul energy building that is going to go off like a nuke due to all the sacrifices.

Could be fun!

• Options
    NarbusNarbus Registered User regular

No, what you'd have is a bunch of toddlers in the bodies of fully grown adults. Your castle will be ankle deep in shit two hours in, a smoldering ruin three hours after that, and then you'd get to spend the rest of your very sad life in a field with several dozen adults all crying for their mommy

• Options
    SteelhawkSteelhawk Registered User regular
    Interesting idea for breeding a food source for vampires or illithid though.

Not very tasty, but plentiful.

• Options
    I just assumed the intention was something along the lines of something being so scary it turns your hair white.

But I guess ghosts scaring babies straight into adulthood is perfectly fine going by RAW.

• Options
    ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    I just wanna say this is the best thread title that has ever existed in the history of thread titles

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • Options
    valhalla130valhalla130 13 Dark Shield Perceives the GodsRegistered User regular
    How would one go about updating monsters from previous editions into 5e?

If I'm going to run adventures under the sea, I need more aquatic monsters than 5e currently has.

asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
  • Options

If I'm going to run adventures under the sea, I need more aquatic monsters than 5e currently has.

Biggest thing will be keeping track of D&D 5es constraints when it comes to bounded accuracy. You'll probably be toning down AC, damage, and to-hit bonuses. Maybe dropping enemy HP a bit as well. It would probably be easiest to steal from 3.5/Pathfinder.

• Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    Steelhawk wrote: »
    Interesting idea for breeding a food source for vampires or illithid though.

Not very tasty, but plentiful.

So ... vampire fast food?

• Options
    NipsNips He/Him Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular

Back when 5e was launching, WotC provided a doc for rough conversions. I've found it works out alright.

LINK

JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
  • Options
    WearingglassesWearingglasses Of the friendly neighborhood variety Registered User regular
    How would the Ghost's scare powers magically add mass to the babies? Would they just be baby-sized adults post-transformation?

• Options
    Is that where halflings come from?

wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    KelorKelor Registered User regular
    How would the Ghost's scare powers magically add mass to the babies? Would they just be baby-sized adults post-transformation?
    Is that where halflings come from?

A (ghost) wizard did it!

• Options
    So played a Level 3 Bloodhunter ghostslayer in a one shot. Felt a bit underpowered. It feels like it will come on-line more once it hits level 5 and gets the 2nd attack.

• Options
    ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular

magic

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    Narbus wrote: »

No, what you'd have is a bunch of toddlers in the bodies of fully grown adults. Your castle will be ankle deep in shit two hours in, a smoldering ruin three hours after that, and then you'd get to spend the rest of your very sad life in a field with several dozen adults all crying for their mommy

So, Galt's Gulch?

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
This discussion has been closed.