As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Bad News Gone Right]: Ow My Balls Edition

19495969798100»

• Options
    Kane Red RobeKane Red Robe Master of Magic ArcanusRegistered User regular
    edited August 2022
    Ringo wrote: »
    knitdan wrote: »
    As an American I only get real maple syrup not that corn syrup with maple flavor added bullshit

Believe it or not we can actually get maple syrup here pretty easily

I wasn't just talking about Canadian maple syrup, more than a few states produce great maple syrup!

But the vast majority of Americans have never tasted that. They get the corn syrup lies

I can buy real maple syrup at the Walmart in Phenix City, Alabama; it's not some secret rare item.

Kane Red Robe on
  • Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Ringo wrote: »
    knitdan wrote: »
    As an American I only get real maple syrup not that corn syrup with maple flavor added bullshit

Believe it or not we can actually get maple syrup here pretty easily

I wasn't just talking about Canadian maple syrup, more than a few states produce great maple syrup!

But the vast majority of Americans have never tasted that. They get the corn syrup lies

I can buy real maple syrup at the Walmart in Phenix City, Alabama; it's not some secret rare item.

Both of these posts are true yes

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    JebusUDJebusUD Adventure! Candy IslandRegistered User regular
    edited August 2022
    I'd bet most people have tasted real maple syrup they just don't want to pay 3 times more for it over Mrs Butterworth.

Edit: I just looked it up and you can get 128oz of Mrs Butterworth for $7.28 and a comparable size of Maple Syrup is $60

JebusUD on
    and I wonder about my neighbors even though I don't have them
    but they're listening to every word I say
  • Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    It is still more expensive than non-maple syrup. Maple syrup is extremely available here in the US far from the states that produce it as well as Canada but that doesn't mean it's super cheap. It's ultimately a minor luxury type of syrup and syrup isn't really a dietary staple to begin with and part of why a lot of people like breakfast foods like pancakes is because they're cheap to make/order.

Was curious and so I checked. Real, from an actual maple plant, syrup is approximately 5 times more expensive than "Maple" syrup from corn with additives to pretend otherwise.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    Mr FuzzbuttMr Fuzzbutt Registered User regular
    I've got a soft spot for habanero Tabasco.

broken image link
  • Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    Is it your tongue and the tissues of the mouth

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    Atlas in ChainsAtlas in Chains Registered User regular
    Tabasco is great on pizza. It does something amazing to cheese, like activating a new flavor dimension. All it takes is a drop and the cheese tastes cheesier.

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Why would I want maple syrup when I can have boysenberry syrup

• Options
    DisruptedCapitalistDisruptedCapitalist I swear! Registered User regular
    My local IHOP doesn't have boysenberry syrup anymore!!

"Simple, real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time." -Mustrum Ridcully in Terry Pratchett's Hogfather p. 142 (HarperPrism 1996)
  • Options
    Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    Labeling of maple syrup is real loosy goosy so lots of people that think they’re eating the real stuff are eating corn sludge

• Options
    RichyRichy Registered User regular
    JebusUD wrote: »
    I'd bet most people have tasted real maple syrup they just don't want to pay 3 times more for it over Mrs Butterworth.

Edit: I just looked it up and you can get 128oz of Mrs Butterworth for $7.28 and a comparable size of Maple Syrup is $60

Yes, quality maple syrup costs more than watery corn.

Yes, people can choose to buy watery corn instead of maple syrup, and save money. People can eat whatever they want and run their budget accordingly. It's their perogative.

No, people cannot drink watery corn, and decide maple syrup isn't good because their watery corn is crap. They are factually wrong, in that they did not have maple syrup at all.

sig.gif
  • Options
    TynnanTynnan seldom correct, never unsure Registered User regular
    The best maple syrup is from the guy with the huge beard hanging out in the 1996 Ford Ranger at the gas station in Two Harbors, MN.

• Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    Due to sensitive teeth, I get the sugar-free blend of mild sweet sticky chemicals version of breakfast syrup.

• Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    edited August 2022
    Quality maple syrup also requires less syrup. Y'all quit drowning your poor pancakes in sugar, come on.

Maybe if you were making the pancakes from scratch instead of buying the shake'n'pour bisquick you might not need to mask the flavor of the bad pancakes with bad syrup!

spool32 on
  • Options
    Should I not be putting syrup on my okonomiyaki

• Options
    SoggybiscuitSoggybiscuit Tandem Electrostatic Accelerator Registered User regular
    spool32 wrote: »
    Quality maple syrup also requires less syrup. Y'all quit drowning your poor pancakes in sugar, come on.

Maybe if you were making the pancakes from scratch instead of buying the shake'n'pour bisquick you might not need to mask the flavor of the bad pancakes with bad syrup!

I can’t agree with this more, you need like 1/4 of the real stuff to get the same effect as the cheap corn crap. My plate is dry when I’m done eating maple syrup on waffles or pancakes nowadays.

Steam - Synthetic Violence | XBOX Live - Cannonfuse | PSN - CastleBravo | Twitch - SoggybiscuitPA
  • Options
    Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    I am now going to eat bisquick pancakes drenched in the cheapest maple syrup I can buy out of spite

Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
  • Options
    GiantGeek2020GiantGeek2020 Registered User regular
    I am now going to eat bisquick pancakes drenched in the cheapest maple syrup I can buy out of spite

Same here!

• Options
    R-demR-dem Registered User regular
    I am going to eat a delicious real breakfast of an over easy egg on some rice with not a drop of any damn syrup, maple or corn or whatever other gross thing y'all suggest, and I am going to love it.

• Options
    FANTOMASFANTOMAS Flan ArgentavisRegistered User regular
    R-dem wrote: »
    I am going to eat a delicious real breakfast of an over easy egg on some rice with not a drop of any damn syrup, maple or corn or whatever other gross thing y'all suggest, and I am going to love it.

That´s a weird breakfast, everyone knows that breakfast is a cup of coffee and two croissants

Yes, with a quick verbal "boom." You take a man's peko, you deny him his dab, all that is left is to rise up and tear down the walls of Jericho with a ".....not!" -TexiKen
  • Options
    Everyone knows breakfast doesn't exist

• Options
    JebusUDJebusUD Adventure! Candy IslandRegistered User regular

Someone in chat recently said that the serving size of syrup was half a cup and I was very WTF.

Just floating pancakes.

and I wonder about my neighbors even though I don't have them
    but they're listening to every word I say
  • Options

Don't forget a sprinkling of msg to bring it all together

• Options
    HydropoloHydropolo Registered User regular
    Madican wrote: »

Let's not unduly spite msg here.

• Options
    destroyah87destroyah87 They/Them Preferred: She/Her - Please UseRegistered User regular
    Hydropolo wrote: »

I don't think Madican is spiting anything, that's a correct suggestion.

The judges would also accept a sprinkling of furikake.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    evilmrhenryevilmrhenry Registered User regular
    JebusUD wrote: »

Someone in chat recently said that the serving size of syrup was half a cup and I was very WTF.

Just floating pancakes.

I checked my bottle of flavored corn syrup, and the serving size was 2 tablespoons (1/8th cup), so I'm not sure about that. (Personally, I put jam on my pancakes, then drizzle a bit of syrup over top to get the consistency better, and I don't need the Good Stuff for that.)

• Options
    Everyone knows breakfast doesn't exist

The existence and regular partaking of 2nd breakfast belies this

• Options

We calling it a sprinkling now?

• Options

Yep! Accent flavor enhancer as it's labeled for those who don't know. But ingredient list is literally MSG. Good stuff, especially on egg and rice.

• Options
    [Expletive deleted][Expletive deleted] The mediocre doctor NorwayRegistered User regular

How about a sprinkling of fruitcake?

Sic transit gloria mundi.
  • Options
    AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    A climate scientist uses an anecdote to explain that even the most educated of us can think up bad ideas:

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
This discussion has been closed.