Options

A [Chat]icle for Leibowitz

• Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    Wife and I have been playing together on local co op but we might get the switch versions because she has a hard time keeping track of who’s who in the game on split screen and also I just hate split screen

• Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator Mod Emeritus
    Also fuckin hell I dunno what confluence of astral phenomena needs to occur to grab a tail from someone standing right next to you but pressing R2 seems to have very little to do with it.

• Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    In Divinity OS2, there's a part of the story where they say "first one to the end of this room
    becomes a god!"

and it's a fight in addition to a race, and so of course kooleagle and I immediately start sprinting to the end, but it's a turn based game. So I grow wings and fly like 50 feet

He, a dwarf rogue, turns on all his mobility things and runs a fucking mile in a single turn. He ran so far that he got to leave combat and got to the thing before I could do anything else. It was absolutely hysterical.

• Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    There's a football in Fall Ball, the fuck?

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    Bogart wrote: »
    Also fuckin hell I dunno what confluence of astral phenomena needs to occur to grab a tail from someone standing right next to you but pressing R2 seems to have very little to do with it.

6qtvsx3mj1h51.jpg?auto=webp&s=55ad3109f33824a0a97614117a6f51ff8a1b0647

• Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    I am still cautious on BG3. Because I bounced off DoS2 and DoS1 so hard that I am not sure I want to play another game by them if it was for it being BG3 and in an edition I know well.

Yea I honestly didn't love the DoS games.

But that was mostly due to certain systems of the games that didn't gel with me personally.

Seeing as BG3 is using a variation of DnD rulesets though alleviates most of those worries for me so I'm all in.

• Options
    LoserForHireXLoserForHireX Philosopher King The AcademyRegistered User regular
    hello y'all, it is a blessedly grey day here

how are you

i am full of lunch and have garnered groceries to make a tomato cream sauce tonight for dinner for some baked ziti.

i won a game of league of legends

basically i'm fuckin nailing it

"The only way to get rid of a temptation is to give into it." - Oscar Wilde
    "We believe in the people and their 'wisdom' as if there was some special secret entrance to knowledge that barred to anyone who had ever learned anything." - Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Options
    KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    Whoa. PS1 Spiderman did not work well in the emulator. I am getting creepy distorted voices.

• Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    I am still cautious on BG3. Because I bounced off DoS2 and DoS1 so hard that I am not sure I want to play another game by them if it was for it being BG3 and in an edition I know well.

On the plus side, the more I see of BG3 the more it looks like an actual Baldur's Gate game to me, so my caution is slowly wearing off.

Still, I'm way more hesitant than I'd have expected to be about Baldur's fucking Gate 3.

• Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Burnage wrote: »

On the plus side, the more I see of BG3 the more it looks like an actual Baldur's Gate game to me, so my caution is slowly wearing off.

Still, I'm way more hesitant than I'd have expected to be about Baldur's fucking Gate 3.

Did they announce DLC yet?

• Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    I'm a stupid fucking cat

• Options
    Coinage wrote: »
    I'm a stupid fucking cat

I am jealous

• Options
    Incenjucar wrote: »

Not as far as I'm aware. I didn't think Larian had a reputation for throwing out a ton of DLC for their games.

• Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    edited August 2020
    i've tried to play baldur's gate but the games are too old and i think i tried bg1, which has the immense hurdle of level 1 D&D being absolutely terrible

i'm more excited because i liked d:os1 & 2 gameplay, even though i think larian studios has a bunch of worrisome ticks outside of the gameplay department

P10 on
    Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    Level 1 2nd ed is the 9th circle of DnD Hell.

...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular

The game is like a good year+ away still with no date. Why would there be DLC?

• Options
  • Options

The game is like a good year+ away still with no date. Why would there be DLC?

Gotta get that pre-order horse armor.

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    P10 wrote: »
    i've tried to play baldur's gate but the games are too old and i think i tried bg1, which has the immense hurdle of level 1 D&D being absolutely terrible

i'm more excited because i liked d:os1 & 2 gameplay, even though i think larian studios has a bunch of worrisome ticks outside of the gameplay department

I despise their writing.

I am very much got turned off by it in both Divinity games.

I am hoping Wizards is keeping them on a tight rope.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
  • Options
    P10 wrote: »

BG2 is hugely easier to get into than 1, because, yeah, level 1 D&D gameplay (especially in 2nd edition) is something you suffer through rather than actively enjoy

• Options
    Bethryn wrote: »
    Level 1 2nd ed is the 9th circle of DnD Hell.

I literally quit that game as soon as I got one-shot by a goddamn frog in the first combat encounter.

• Options
    Baldur is one of the coolest videogame characters ever

• Options
    He has a gate!

• Options
    BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    The joy of having to reroll the stats on your wizard repeatedly until you finally have a free 16+ you can stick in your CON stat because otherwise you're going to get 1-shot by every goblin, wolf and rat you fight.

...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • Options
    Neco wrote: »
    He has a gate!

I prefer Baldist

• Options
    I set BG1 to no kill mode just to play through the story because the combat was... not fun in modern times.

• Options
    Neco wrote: »
    Baldur is one of the coolest videogame characters ever
    You think, is really going to be able to finish that gate? And he does!

• Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    edited August 2020
    i thought d:os2 writing was mostly fine? d:os1 i remember being a huge mess, ugly tonal shifts between puerile humor/references and reasonably self-serious generic fantasy

and when i say generic, i mean painfully generic. which was one of the things i liked about d:os2, felt like it actually introduced some interesting flavor

P10 on
    Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    SixSix Caches Tweets in the mainframe cyberhex Registered User regular
    Kamiro wrote: »
    Six wrote: »
    Last day before vacaaaaation and I have a date tonight and life is good, man.

Will the lycra pants be making an appearance?

We’re bringing bikes but not the ones we MAMIL up on, so nothing beyond normal workout gear.

But I might bring them anyway because wearing this on the beach on the jersey shore?

EKJbgdw.jpg

Hello, ladies

can you feel the struggle within?
  • Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    Eddy wrote: »
    I do love that anime laugh

b70eqkvjquzc.jpg

• Options
    I liked the part in PS:T where you didn't care about combat and could cheat your way through it with bandages anyway.

• Options

Not as far as I'm aware. I didn't think Larian had a reputation for throwing out a ton of DLC for their games.

DOS2 has a toooon of free DLC but it's all like, modifiers and little quests thrown into the main game.

And yeah, DOS2's writing is totally serviceable. Sometimes it's not great, sometimes it's pretty good, most of the time it's fine. It does have some neat mysteries and things. In Act 3 and there are a few things I am excited to find out about.

• Options
    kukukukukukukuku

• Options
    The best game out of the 4 is the one with the most Monty Python references

• Options
    Just give me Minsc and Boo Miniature Giant Space Adventures.

• Options

Technically they might still be alive, so I wouldn't be surprised if we run into them in BG3

• Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    Coinage wrote: »
    I'm a stupid fucking cat

I just rewatched that classic video and it still holds up

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    SniperGuy wrote: »

Technically they might still be alive, so I wouldn't be surprised if we run into them in BG3

Misnc is human right? This takes place 100 years after BG2. So I am doubtful.

u7stthr17eud.png
This discussion has been closed.