As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[D&D 5E] Whispered Curse, Day 60- Offshore/Abbott of the Eternal

• Options
    DenadaDenada Registered User regular
    "Damn it all," Urixes whispers, looking around frantically for both his crew and and Fox Gang. With little flits of magic, he begins whispering, even to Strike who is right next to him.

To Oak, Arno, and Jack: "Rax and his minions are approaching from the river. Be careful!"
    To Strike: "Be quiet. Rax and company are by the river. They've heard us I think. I'm going to try to distract them."

With another wave of magic, Urixes causes an invisible form to appear in some thick growth, as far away from the ruins as he can reach. He silently instructs the servant to thrash around in the trees and thickets, as though it were trying to run away from the ruins.

((So that's three Messages, one to Oak, one to Arno and/or Jack, one to Strike, and a casting of Unseen Servant as far away as I can, instructing it to make lots of noise and movement in the trees to hopefully throw Rax and the Boyz off our trail. If I don't have time for all of that I'll forgo the Messages.))

Geth, roll 1d20+2 for Stealth Check

Stealth Check:
    1d20+2 22 [1d20=20]

• Options
    GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    Jack can't do much more than doggy paddle, finding himself above water, under the water, bouncing off a snapping warg and, in a moment he'll spend the rest of the week pondering, watching the rat with its ring riding a book past him with a wink.

Injuries aside he somehow washes up right where he started, sat in a growing puddle and soaked to the bone with water still blasting from behind, a water-powered druid missing him by inches. He gets Urixes' message and, befuddled, only manages to send back a canine whine.

Now that the compulsion is gone some facts become very clear to him. For one, he's in his wolf form. For another, he's in his wolf form. With a snap, crackle and pop he's back to human Jack, albeit naked and having great difficulty as he finds himself with a small pouch and a whole scroll in his mouth. Items in hand and with the quiet, raspy voice of someone that just pulled a scroll from half way down his throat he murmurs, "We should keep it down, there's trouble topside... also, do you have any spare pants? Mine seem to have gone walkabout."

• Options
    AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    Oak wobbles in place, staring down at hands that seemed to move on their own before that now were returning to his control, along with the pain he felt in them. He felt tired, but he also hurt. He barely had time to recognize his pain before Urixes' voice was in his head with a warning. Oak didn't respond, exhausting halting even his immediately thoughts outside of turning around and heading back up the tunnel he had carved. He stared in amazement as he returned to the surface, still unsure how he dug straight through this rock. But even as he walked, the memories that had filled him as he dug bubbled to the surface. Oak wouldn't claim to fully understand what they had gone through, but the fact that he was able to witness it, even in his own head, felt right for the moment. He felt like he was able to honor this group one last time, and hopefully someone remembering them would bring them peace.

As he reaches the edge of the tunnel, he pauses, putting a bloody hand on the side to hold himself upright as he pauses for a moment. Urixes he responds in his head, I'm coming.

• Options
    mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    edited December 2020
    OOC: Feel free to slot in a minute of the party meeting up again in the Ruins if you'd like, but the only one not incredibly aware that this place is aggressively flooding right now and about to collapse is Oak, and he'll figure it out pretty quickly once he gets back....Note: This one minute may involve the use of spells or abilities

Urixes, channeling magic with every single ounce of his will, magically springs his Unseen Servant just across the water from the pirate group, and sends it quickly *darting* South, through the undergrowth. With a wartime holler, the Fox Gang start off in hot pursuit of the unknown creature, swords immediately drawn and pistols immediately cocked as they hunt the unseen enemy in the bushes. Rax tries to halt them, call them back, but it’s already far too late. Cursing and muttering, the Rak’Ta starts off after them in a huff, belligerently summoning the Aarakorra to join him. Ril follows, but very slowly…he looks furtively in Urixes’s general direction one last time, then departs with the Fox Gang…

[DAY FOUR- THE POSSESSED RUINS- JUST BEFORE NOON]

[CURRENT MAP-]
    0zve12lsnmbt.jpg

The group finally assembles in the central chamber of the ruins just as the pirates begin their rapid departure South through the Woods. Although not the wholly vicious, sudden torrent Jack and Arno were just washed away in, the Main Room is already becoming a hazard; and about to become much, much worse. A steady stream continues to flow out from the Animal Runs, washing more and more dirt and debris into the room, growing bigger and faster all the time. Water begins to seep and sputter out of some of the lower holes in the walls. The room-wide puddle which began around Urixes’s ankles is now up past his shins...nearly all the way up to his knees now, in a few moments…

[Get to your vessels quickly, there’s not a lot of time! Then, please make a Dexterity Check to see how well you Navigate the Incoming Surge behind you, and the soon to be Flash-Flooded Valley and Forest directly to the East of here. On a DC 15 or greater you’ve beaten (or, Arno’ed ) this challenge. Any worse than that, and you’re risking possible injury and *almost certain* kayak damage, up to and including the kayak’s complete destruction ]

mrpaku on
  • Options
    Having done enough talking for a bit, Urixes wordlessly nods to his companions as he makes for his kayak.

Geth, roll 1d20+2 for Dexterity Check

Dexterity Check:
    1d20+2 22 [1d20=20]

• Options
    zekebeauzekebeau Registered User regular
    edited December 2020
    Arno vigorously shakes, then turns to their humanoid form and spits out the book. "Sorry Jack, I tend to travel light, so I don't have any spare pants. Maybe you could use my shirt as short term pants? But that was pretty fun, wasn't it! Just a mud luge out of that room. Oh, you look a bit beat up though, do you want a healing potion? "

Looking behind them, Arno starts backing out of the ruins

"You may want to walk and chug, looks like we'll be getting another turn on the water slide. Hey Oak, Jack and I are running to the kayak, talk more when not at risk of drowning, see you out there"

geth roll 1d20+2 Can I get/give advantage with gust still or is this too much water

edit: HUBRIS!

Can I get/give advantage with gust still or is this too much water:
    1d20+2 9 [1d20=7]

zekebeau on
  • Options
    Oak watches the others run, and pushes his body to do the same. He jumps into his kayak and prepares himself, seeing the oncoming water at the last minute.

OOC:Disadvantage from exhaustion, advantage from danger sense so straight up.

Geth, roll 1d20+2 for Dex Save

Dex Save:
    1d20+2 15 [1d20=13]

• Options
    edited December 2020
    Jack shakes his head at Arno's offer, "I'm good, I can use my own healing po..." No pants, no items. "...okay, maybe I could use one, thanks!" He's about to chug it when he sees Oak coming from the new tunnel he'd dug, looking rough.

"Whoah old man, you okay??" He rushes to him and props him up, slotting himself under one of the large man's arms and ignoring any complaints, "I think you need this more than me, eh?" He shoves Arno's healing potion in the other's free hand and half-drags him out.

"You know, you really should be more responsible with your body in your old age, you're not getting any younger and one of these days you won't just bounce back." Jack only measures age in binary, Older Than Jack and Younger Than Jack.

They reach their boats and he hurriedly throws his gear back on before rushing after everyone else, the water already threatening to sweep his legs from under him as he hops on one foot, getting the other through a soaked pant leg, "Wait for me you guys! Ah, Mister Fusspot, get out of my shirt, not helping!"

((OOC: Does Jack get any bonuses from water vehicle proficiency and navigation tools? The latter I can see not really making sense, this is not a "sit down and figure stuff out" situation.
    Also, I am most amused at the mental image of the naked Jack helping Oak out, looking like he's half his size if that))

Geth, roll 1d20+3 for Dexterity Check
    Geth, roll 1d20+3 for Dexterity Check If He Has Advantage

[edit] Well, those sure were Jack rolls.

Dexterity Check:
    1d20+3 4 [1d20=1]
    Dexterity Check If He Has Advantage:
    1d20+3 22 [1d20=19]

Glal on
  • Options
    OOC: Arno- Too much/too fast water for Gust to be effective in this situation, I'm afraid.

Jack- Navigation Tools wouldn't do you much good here. Water Vehicle Proficiency would, but I read up on it again, and what I found was this: [Vehicle Proficiency- If you have proficiency with a certain kind of vehicle (land or water), you can add your proficiency bonus to any check you make to control that kind of vehicle in difficult circumstances.] So, not enough to put you over the top today.

Quick Note: Jack's Water Vehicle Proficiency is also gonna carry over to his ability to help pilot the Whispered Curse, but I'm not quite sure how yet (still poring over the Maritime Rules we'll be using in my occasional downtime). Which is to say, once you guys get back aboard the ship, there's gonna be a working document drop. This should include: a brief summary on Ship Movement and Naval Combat; a full Ship's Map; Updated Ship's Manifest; Updated Twilight Expanse Map; and a working Physical Model of the Curse (I'm pretty excited about this last one!)

• Options
    ((OOC: Oh yeah, I forgot those proficiencies only add the tool bonus, that is not saving a nat 1! :D ))

• Options
    edited December 2020
    Waves *FLUSH* down on your group, out of the ruins, coursing out from the hills behind you. The water level continues to dramatically rise everywhere along the river. Suddenly, the woods to the North and West begin to overflow as well, adding to the tremendous and building swell. Angrily growing as they approach, knocking down whole trees and bushes, carrying along rocks and logs as though they were nothing, the angry flood waters come in to claim your kayaks next. There’s little anyone could do except hang on and attempt to keep from being *bashed to pieces*, as your boats are violently dragged and thrown through the angry wash…

The group tries to stick together as best it can, but the struggle between staying close and needing to keep your distance so as not to bash each other is nearly impossible. At one point, Arno and Jack’s boats run into each other at a *sickening* angle, tearing holes along the side of both crafts and sending Jack into a full tailspin, nearly overturning him. Trees come upon your craft suddenly and aggressively, threatening to smash your kayaks to pieces every few feet. Giant waves occasionally *CRASH* in from the North and West.

Geth roll 1d4 Kayak Damage (Jack)

Geth roll 1d4 Kayak Damage (Arno)

Geth roll 2d4+1 Bludgeoning/Piercing Damage (Jack)

Geth roll 2d4+1 Bludgeoning/Piercing Damage (Arno)

NOTE: Receiving 4/3 damage, Arno's kayak has been destroyed by the flood. They'll have to share someone else's to proceed by river

It’s Urixes who seems to take command out here on the flood, realizing Oak isn’t at his best at the moment, and grudgingly (but effectively) falling into the leadership role. He keeps the group together as best he can, and shouts warnings of upcoming threats before they can wreck the Bunch. Usually one content to follow, Urixes has taken a sudden sense of quiet pride and ownership in his new companions: he truly cares about these people after all this time together. It is a strange feeling for him…

After what seems like a lifetime of the most horrifying ride you’ve ever taken, you finally find yourselves washed up onto a unnatural shore; a small, high bank, in the shadow of several steep, overlapping hills. The group shivers and takes in their surroundings. The light is starting to fade already. Some of you, for the first time, realize you haven’t slept since yesterday, and just spent the last several hours working harder than you maybe ever have…

[Everyone please make a Constitution Save. You must beat a (DC 12) to avoid gaining one level of Exhaustion]

You sit on a small but comfortable bank, slightly wooded and enough room for a campsite. Behind you to the West (somewhere in all of this) sits the river you would’ve come in on, and the completely flooded valley beneath the hill. Below you, nearby but currently underwater, lie the caves which run underneath this place (originally the next stop on your destination). The steep hill itself looms directly overhead to the East, one of the few untouched bits of land in this area. The hill is peppered with trees and rocks, holes and small caves. It is very steep, and it looks like it would be more than a bit of a hike to the top.

[Your group has some time to catch up. Then, please make your decision to proceed or camp. The Flood will clear enough to expose the Underground Caves in exactly one hour. If you guys choose to camp, someone roll the 1d30 and I’ll roll the weather]

Kayak Damage (Jack):
    1d4 2 [1d4=2]
    Kayak Damage (Arno):
    1d4 4 [1d4=4]
    Bludgeoning/Piercing Damage (Jack):
    2d4+1 5 [2d4=3, 1]
    Bludgeoning/Piercing Damage (Arno):
    2d4+1 5 [2d4=2, 2]

mrpaku on
  • Options
    Jack yells, "Sorry, sorry, sorry!" as he collides with Arno's kayak, accidentally putting a hole through its side with his paddle. "I'm sure we can fix iiiiiiit...!" he yells over the water's roar as he's pushed away once more, struggling to avoid the bank rushing past him.

The wild ride finally over he steps onto the dry bank, then collapses on his front with a tired "Ooof!", rolling over to stare at the sky. "I think I would like to stay here for a bit."

Geth, roll 1d20+5 for Constitution Save

((OOC: I'll let the adults decide our next course of action))

Constitution Save:
    1d20+5 20 [1d20=15]

• Options
    4edm5az7oqxh.png

Coughing and clinging to their kayak, Arno flops onto the bank. Actually, kayak is being far too generous. Arno flops onto the bank with some loose driftwood that once resembled a kayak.

"I am pooped. I think a nice nap on the beach sounds good, the top of the hill is a bit exposed. And it is so far up there. Hey Strike, any clue about the caves beneath us? Should we worry about aquatic giants coming out to eat us?"

Arno quickly checks the kayak remains, seeing all their stuff and the new book are still there. whew.

• Options
    Geth roll 1d20+1 so tired

so tired:
    1d20+1 20 [1d20=19]

• Options
    "Rest is called for, yes," Urixes agrees, "I don't know what came over all of you, although I have my suspicions, but we're all in need of food and sleep."

Geth, roll 1d20+1 for Con Save

Con Save:
    1d20+1 13 [1d20=12]

• Options
    Oak's arms move on their own accord, more slowly than normal. In his mind, he knows that he should be checking on the group, they would need some leadership as they had before, but he couldn't get his mouth to move and shout commands. Thankfully Urixes's voice clears the sound of rushing water, shouting out warnings that Oak reacted to and hoped the others did as well. When they finally wash up onto shore, Oak all but collapses out of his kayak. He managed to pull himself up into a sitting position and looks around. Jack is beat up, but Arno got the worst of it, destroying his kayak in the process.

"Rest" the words are forced out of his throat. "We need to rest."

Geth, roll 1d20+5 for Con Save

Con Save:
    1d20+5 25 [1d20=20]

• Options
    edited December 2020
    Strike is attempting to shake himself dry. He happily accepts the opportunity for a [Long Rest] to take a load off and respond to Arno’s question:

“Not Giantssss…I have heard za underwater tunnelsss are narrow; too narrow for Giantssss. Only big enough in mossst placesss for usss to jussss fit through. You zill occassssionally find sssslimessss, lying in the dark, but zey cling to za wallssss and celing, waiting to ssssneak onto za unwary…zey are more annoying zen a threat. No, za real dangersss underneath are za sudden twisssstssss and turnssss on za path…zere issss sssaid to be a Rabbit’sss Warren of passssagesss beneath usss, a crissscrosss of tunnelsss and currentsss where we could losssse each other in za dark on za way to za ozzer side…”

Strike slumps down into a heap after his armor is off and sets it up to drip-dry. He takes out and drinks a large, hearty gulp from his clean waterskin. You can tell he’s deep in thought. “…But zat was before. I believe za flood jussst changed all zat. The cavesss beneath are assssuredly sssstill mossstly filled with water. It will be lessss a ride now, and more of a sssswim. And…I believe much of it would have to be underwater. But zen, the sssslimesss will have retreated to zere holes. However, whatever lives out here, in za water…” Strike absently puts a hand to one of his leech wounds without realizing it. He growls softly to himself. “…I will ssssee to Jack’ssss craft, zen I will get ssssome ressst myssself. I am glad you are all ssstill alive. We sssshould decide, before it getssss dark.”

[Strike will apply Mending to Jack’s Craft, repairing 1HP damage]

mrpaku on
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    OOC: Nevermind, I misread: it looks like everyone is requesting a Long Rest. Rolling for Camp and Weather:

Geth roll 1d30

1d30 24 [1d30=24]

mrpaku on
  • Options
    short rest? Nah, I'm thinking long, it's dark and I need to change spells to something more combat useful. And we should expect needing to go through the caves, right? that's the way to dark glen?

• Options
    OOC: Underground Caves are the main option, but you could also attempt to hike up and down these hills. The reason it's a secondary option is that you'd either have to leave the kayaks, or strap them to yourselves (granting combat and movement penalities, and possible kayak damage in combat), *on top of* navigating an already steep slope going both ways. You could always drop the kayak to lose the penalty, but then you'd be risk losing it permanently down the hill

• Options
    OOC: Yeah, Oak needs a long rest, both for exhaustion as well as just getting HP back.

I vote going through the caves.

• Options
    Jack lifts an arm and waves it feebly at Strike working on his kayak, "Thaaaaank youuuuuuuu..." Once he feels recovered enough he helps set up camp, then puts some time into finishing the repairs on his boat.

Well, that is until he remembers the shinies. "Ooooh, wait, didn't we find some stuff in those caves? Pull out what you found, folks!" He plops himself beside the camp fire, rummages through the backpack where he'd hurriedly stuffed them on their way out of the flooding caves and pulls out the pouch and scroll.

"Come on, I want to see what we got!" Priorities!

• Options
    [Jack will find 3d6+1 tiny polished rocks in the moleskin bag. An Investigation Check (DC 14) or experimentation may determine their use. It may be possible for anyone in the group who can make an Arcana Check (DC 20) to identify the Scroll Jack found]

• Options
    Oak digs into his pack, pulls out the gold he found, and distributes it amongst the group. "Can't say I'm too happy that I was so entranced by the digging, but at least there's something out of it we can all benefit from."

He also taps the golden armband that he is now wearing. "Also found this. Seems to have some restorin' deal to it."

OOC:Every gains 75 gold from Oak splitting the gold he found.

• Options
    [LATER THAT NIGHT AT CAMP]

The bugs are everywhere tonight from all of the sitting water. They buzz along your closed eyes and attempt to nip at your ears. Everything feels muggy and humid. The waters slowly drain from the valley and surrounding area, leaving behind downed trees and deep pools dotted along the landscape.

Everyone takes a watch that night, expecting the worse to happen after your misfortune filled day. The night seems to pass by without event however, until you’ve all been nearly lulled into a sense of ease and relaxation…

From across the island, somewhere to the Southeast of you, a piercing scream suddenly rings out in the night. It goes on for far too long, and is even more awful when it’s suddenly cut short.

[DAY FIVE- THE FOOT OF THE HILL/ ABOVE THE UNDERGROUND CAVES]

[CURRENT MAP-]
    1pjasi966g9o.jpg

Morning comes too quickly…Today’s Forecast Calls for Moderate Winds (irrelevant, as you head underground…)

OOC: Feel free to slot in camp interactions to occur during the night. You'll be headed into the Underground Caverns shortly!

• Options
    edited December 2020
    Jack's excitement visibly drops when the polished rocks pour into his palm, "Well. I must say, I expected something... more." He glances over the scroll and shakes his head, "That's wizard business."

He goes about poking and prodding the rocks. They have to do something, right?

Geth, roll 1d20 for Investigating Some Kid's Shiny Pebbles

[edit] ((OOC: They're rocks! ))

Investigating Some Kid's Shiny Pebbles:
    1d20 4 [1d20=4]

Glal on
  • Options
    [Jack's poking and prodding has no effect]

• Options
    Jack licks a rock.
    Jack bites a rock.
    Jack flicks a rock like a coin.
    Jack throws a rock on the floor.
    Jack wonders if Mister Fusspot needs kitty litter.

Geth, roll 3d6+1 for Jack's Disappointment

Jack's Disappointment:
    3d6+1 14 [3d6=3, 4, 6]

• Options
    OOC: Where did the rock flicked like a coin just land?

• Options
    Arno pulls out bedroll and tries to set up camp. Lack of sleep seems to be getting to them, as at least twice they almost crush their own fingers trying to get a spark. And I was one of the lucky ones. A throaty roar seems to escape Arno's tummy. Guess it has been a while. Arno cracks knuckles and takes dinner duty, finding some lovely root veggies growing about the hill and even using a spell on a particularly large trout swimming through the newly embiggened river. It's not exactly fair fishing to charm them right onto the shore, but hunger overrides Arno's usual sense of fair play.

Once the meals are done and watches set, Arno takes time to page through his rather wet but still readable tome. Hmm, yes, quite illuminating.

• Options
    mrpaku wrote: »
    OOC: Where did the rock flicked like a coin just land?
    ((OOC: On Jack's palm))

• Options
    edited December 2020
    Arno cracks open their copy of [Formam Aquae] :

[If a Changeling spends 48 hours over a period of 6 days or fewer studying the book's contents and practicing its guidelines, they gain the ability to change their form into any Medium-sized Aquatic creature, including Medium-sized Aquatic Monsters. None of your game statistics change.

If a Changeling spends an additional 48 hours over a period of 6 days or fewer studying the book's contents and practicing its guidelines, they gain a racial trait allowing their swimming speed to match their walking speed.

If a Changeling spends *an additional* 48 hours over a period of 6 days or fewer studying the book's contents and practicing its guidelines, they gain a racial trait allowing them to hold their breath underwater for fifteen minutes.

This book of knowledge will become more powerful when used in conjunction with similar books]

mrpaku on
  • Options
    Jack flicks the rock over once into his palm...and as it hits, he feels a sickening sense of dislocation. He feels as though he's just attempted and badly missed a backflip. The next that he realizes, he's hitting his ass in the dirt with a loud *THWUMP*, a couple feet from where he'd started. (Anyone watching just saw Jack *blink* out of existence for half a second as the rock hit his palm, only to see him almost immediately reappear in the dirt in a heap. That's our Jack!)

[Teleport Stones] - If you have the moleskin pouch in your possession, you may use an action to throw a stone from it. Short range is 20 ft., Long Range is 60 ft. The wearer of the pouch is *immediately* teleported to the location of the thrown stone, and the stone is destroyed in the process. Jack now has 13 Teleport Stones remaining

• Options
    edited December 2020
    Urixes watches Jack play with his rocks with a wary eye. Looks can be deceiving...

...but sometimes they're just rocks. Oh well, time for bed.

Geth, roll 1d20+4 for Arcana Check

Arcana Check:
    1d20+4 7 [1d20=3]

Denada on
  • Options
    Oak is watching Jack play with stones, a slight smile reaching his exhausted face when Jack disappears for a moment, then reappears almost as suddenly. "Hey now." he yells out softly to the collapsed shifter. "You alright there Jack?"

• Options
    Jack's expression goes from bored disappointment to an upside-down surprise, landing in a pile of Jack with his head somewhere at the bottom, butt in the air and limbs poking sideways.
    "...I'm okay!"

He unfurls and hops up, looking excited once more and running to Oak, "Oak, check it out, I found magic stones!" Like a kid with a new toy.

With some difficulty he finally calms down enough for bed, with one final check: shiny stones, check. Fusspot: in helmet. Rapier in case of warg shenanigans: within reach. Satisfied, he cocoons himself in his bedroll and passes out, feeling more tired than normal tonight.

((OOC: I think in this party succeeding an Arcana check is a pretty big ask, we're mostly doofuses :D ))

• Options
    [INTO THE FLOODED TUNNELS]

Strike is up before most of the rest of the group today. He’s already taken a quick trip down to the tunnels before the sun rises, and greets you as he returns back up to the morning fire. He looks grim“...it’ssss asss I thought. The tunnelssss are nearly flooded. I am ssssure we can get through, but it will be difficult. You cannot hold your air, and I cannot sssee in za dark. We will need to work together more zen even before to get through. What I propossse…”

Strike describes how the Wild Bunch can only fit single file through the majority of the tunnels, with kayaks and equipment held up over your heads and usually brushing the ceiling. Water will in most places be up to at least your waists, occasionally your necks, and there will be some (now) *completely* underwater areas the group will need to navigate underground. Strike is the only one here who can’t see in the dark, but no one else in the party can hold their breath for fifteen minutes, so what Strikes proposes is this:

-Strike and Arno in the first kayak: Strike able to provide scouting opportunities into the tunnels with his water breathing (Strike has ditched his Chain Mail into the kayak for the Flooded Tunnels, lowering his AC, but making him more versatile), and Arno right behind and transformed, able to provide a line of sight for him from nearby

-Jack and Mister Fusspot (who is almost certainly *not* enjoying this) directly behind: Jack’s Navigation skills might make the difference in helping keep them headed East and uphill, in the winding tunnels

-Urixes right behind them (Strike wants to keep his friend the Warlock safe, while at the same time having seen him tear enemies apart with magic from twenty feet away. (The Rak’Ta Revolutionary is learning) )

-Oak holding the back for obvious reasons (If anything is gonna try to sneak the Wild Bunch, Strike believes Oak is the first member of the group they should have the ill fortune to meet).

OOC:Moving forward with this party order unless you guys disagree: will post the first bit of the tunnels ASAP!

• Options
    edited December 2020
    [FLOODED TUNNELS]

The Wild Bunch hitches their kayaks up above their shoulders and descend down the Flooded Tunnels. After about 150 feet in, it becomes nearly pitch black- it’s only the group’s common natural ability to see in the dim-dark that let’s them proceed confidently here. Strike, eyes nearly squinted shut, kicking with two back legs in the shallow water and holding the kayak up overhead, has Arno at his back to whisper and guide: despite their rough experience at the Dam, Strike trusts Arno completely, the same as the rest of the Wild Bunch now (but *NOT* Fusspot, who chews at him too hard in an effort to see which parts the Rak’Ta is willing to lose…)

An eerie silence sits about the group after about another 300 feet in…all you can hear now is the sloshing water and strange cave echoes. The occasional mosquito or fly down here causes a great noise in the sudden quiet. The Wild Bunch slowly hikes, swims, dog paddles along amongst the damp and quiet, heading deeper and deeper underground as they go…

[Arno, please choose a form, and make a Wisdom Check to take Point and keep an eye for any dangers ahead]

[Jack, please make a Wisdom Check (add your Navigator’s Tools proficiency) to help navigate these slow running, honeycomb caverns in the near-dark, keeping the group uphill and East

[Urixes, please make a Charisma Check to keep the group moving forward and focused under increasingly claustrophobic and stressful circumstances]

[Oak, please make a Wisdom Check to watch the Group’s Back and keep an eye out for dangers behind]

OOC: The Wild Bunch's collective success or failure at their actions, on average, will determine the next segment

mrpaku on
  • Options
    Jack is quietly murmurring to the griffon that's clutching his shoulder for dear life, not enjoying this trek at all. You can tell because he's not savaging a single part of Jack's flesh.

He whispers, as much as Jack can whisper "So, uh... anyone know any good stories to pass the time?"

Geth, roll 1d20+3 for Wisdom Check

Wisdom Check:
    1d20+3 17 [1d20=14]

• Options
    Oak walks silently at the back, his head turning at every sound, ears straining to turn sound into comprehension of what's around them. Thankfully he could see in the dark, something he was reminded that most of them could actually do as well, which helped remove at least one major obstacle. Oak kept himself a step further away from Urixes, which allow him to turn himself from side to side as they walked, giving him a view behind them regularly but not spinning fully to potentially trip or lose the group in the dark.

Geth, roll 1d20 for Average Wisdom

Average Wisdom:
    1d20 15 [1d20=15]