As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The [Among Us] One marination, under sus.

• Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    Anti-Sean wrote: »
    I low key want to see a mod/game mode that tells the players there’s one impostor, but there are actually no impostors (maybe a few randomly triggered sabotages to keep the act up). The victory condition would be all players completing their tasks, but I’d be curious to see how many games flame out before that point from the usual levels of rampant paranoia and squabbling.

If people aren't dying there'd be no squabbling.

• Options
    MvrckMvrck Dwarven MountainhomeRegistered User regular
    Dhalphir wrote: »
    Anti-Sean wrote: »
    I low key want to see a mod/game mode that tells the players there’s one impostor, but there are actually no impostors (maybe a few randomly triggered sabotages to keep the act up). The victory condition would be all players completing their tasks, but I’d be curious to see how many games flame out before that point from the usual levels of rampant paranoia and squabbling.

If people aren't dying there'd be no squabbling.

A game mode with random number of imposters, but you can critically fail tasks and die, leaving it up to speculation.

• Options
    JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular
    That sounds fun, but with no deaths people wount have a need to vote

• Options
    Anti-SeanAnti-Sean Registered User regular
    To be fair, I keep subjecting myself to the Box of Pain that is random/public servers. In that wasteland, people would call a meeting within the first second of the game to start random accusations.

• Options
    Phoenix-DPhoenix-D Registered User regular
    That game mode would work fine with one addition:

Random number of imposters, game ends when all tasks are done.

Crew *loses* if all tasks are done with an imposter alive. Or after X minutes

• Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    edited October 2020
    Phoenix-D wrote: »
    That game mode would work fine with one addition:

Random number of imposters, game ends when all tasks are done.

Crew *loses* if all tasks are done with an imposter alive. Or after X minutes

I've definitely wanted the addition of a global timer that loses the game if the tasks are not done by that time. I feel like there's not enough pressure on crewmates to actually complete tasks, and if it was well-tuned a timer would provide a little more incentive to go off alone and complete tasks efficiently rather than just grouping up

in general I don't have a lot of patience for imposters who complain that the crew mates are always grouped up, because that's just good play, and if you kill so slowly that a bunch of crewmates are able to finish their tasks and just spend the rest of the time walking around together then you probably deserve to have that happen.

However when crewmates just group up early in the game and walk around without really making any effort to do tasks it kind of leads to some unfun gameplay for the imposters, even if strictly speaking it's a perfectly viable crewmate strategy, and a little more pressure on people to make them fan out and complete tasks more efficiently might lead to healthier gameplay long-term

Dhalphir on
  • Options
    GONG-00GONG-00 Registered User regular
    Number of imposters from 0 to X might work if there were also tasks with fail states that kill the player in addition to random sabotages. Did Red electrocute themselves while repairing the wiring or was it Blue's doing?

Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    ACNH Island Isla Cero: DA-3082-2045-4142
    Captain of the SES Comptroller of the State
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • Options
    JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular
    More emergency task need to be like O2 on the Skeld. It forces players to split up in ways that cant always be confirmed.

• Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
  • Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    The replies to that are an interesting collection of medium to big streamers (and Hunter Pence, the recently retired baseball player)

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    edited October 2020
    And in other interesting Among Us news. Trolden, the channel that became famous by creating Hearthstone compilations, has started an Among Us highlights. And the Game Grumps are doing an Among Us playthrough. Yes, Dan and Arin are as bad as you think they are.

https://youtu.be/yOZGdOVjDjA
    https://youtu.be/0dl8S2yCZIg

MNC Dover on
    Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    ZaylenzZaylenz Registered User regular
    I wouldn't mind joining my fellow crewmates in completing tasks. I've not played myself, but I've watched a few streams. How do I join this discord group?

• Options
    ZaylenzZaylenz Registered User regular
    Nevermind, found my way in. Was a fun game. Hopefully next time we can play with more people.

• Options

Not with the typical streamers I tend to watch, but curious nonetheless.

Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    9 pm Eastern probably? HMMM I want to watch that....

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    Confirmed 9pm EST. Poki and Hasan have been playing Among Us pretty consistently. I hope Toast, 5up, or Hafu get in there, but really unless AOC has been playing in her off time, she probably isn't going to know what she's doing so I don't expect her to do well. Should be cool for the community at least to have this exposure.

• Options
    There's a reason she responded to Pokimane:

1) She's got an enormous audience
    2) Said audience is young
    3) It is unlikely to show up to vote

And Hasan is I believe a big ole lefty (but one who voted for Biden earlier today).

I am betting the list of streamers is very carefully curated.

• Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    I think Poki is about the safest choice, she's pretty non-controversial and she's also Moroccan, so she's an immigrant. She does have a massive platform and influence, and while the meme is usually that men or boys watch her, she has a sizeable female audience too. All these things make sense. Also if anything Hasan Piker is more controversial but he's smart and asks the right questions.

• Options
    Yeah, both of them make sense. I was curious who the other players will be.

• Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    Brian Kibler would be a great choice. He's a great guy, professional, and is very outspoken in his anti-Trump views.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular

I saw a list that had DisguisedToast, DrLupo, and some others, alongside Ilhan Omar if she can make it. Depending on duration, it sounded like they're hoping to rotate folks in and out, so presumably it's a pretty lengthy full list.

• Options
    metaghost wrote: »

I saw a list that had DisguisedToast, DrLupo, and some others, alongside Ilhan Omar if she can make it. Depending on duration, it sounded like they're hoping to rotate folks in and out, so presumably it's a pretty lengthy full list.

There's an enormous list of streamers I recognized who responded to her suggestion. All of them, Felicia Day, GrandPooBear, I forget who else.

• Options
    TynnanTynnan seldom correct, never unsure Registered User regular
    I think Hafu said today that she hadn't gotten an invite to the event. Not sure about 5up.

• Options
    I think Poki is about the safest choice, she's pretty non-controversial and she's also Moroccan, so she's an immigrant. She does have a massive platform and influence, and while the meme is usually that men or boys watch her, she has a sizeable female audience too. All these things make sense. Also if anything Hasan Piker is more controversial but he's smart and asks the right questions.

the meme might be that men/boys watch Pokimane, but I don't think she really goes out of her way to brand her stream in that way.

• Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    Now that I think about it, having some politicians and streamers play a game entirely about voting is clever.

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    Aegis wrote: »
    Now that I think about it, having some politicians and streamers play a game entirely about voting is clever.

it's also the most relevant game right now. it's bigger than Minecraft.

• Options
    destroyah87destroyah87 They/Them Preferred: She/Her - Please UseRegistered User regular
    edited October 2020

Yeah, Stream is live and viewership is up to 221k. It's crazy.

Game hasn't even started.

destroyah87 on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    Oh Toast is playing.

edit: but not streaming, that's a shame, I like Toast

Dhalphir on
  • Options
    I honestly expected the play session to be constantly full of chatting about going to get out the vote, and drawing political analogies all the time

I think they probably planned to do this too!

but AOC and Ilhan are having so much fun playing the actual game I think they've forgotten to do it

• Options
    I honestly expected the play session to be constantly full of chatting about going to get out the vote, and drawing political analogies all the time

but AOC and Ilhan are having so much fun playing the actual game I think they've forgotten to do it

The pre-stream was all about that and I imagine the conclusion will as well.

• Options
    destroyah87destroyah87 They/Them Preferred: She/Her - Please UseRegistered User regular
    edited October 2020

Honestly, I think less "proselytizing" is the way to play this, during matches. It works better on me at the very least.

Even people that are probably heavy Democtrat party line wouldn't want to be badgered to vote.

And actually playing the game for sure works more to give a human face and warmth to our politicians.

destroyah87 on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    i agree it's working out well, i just expected them to at least occasionally mention it and i'm half wondering if she just got way more into the game than she expected to

• Options
    i agree it's working out well, i just expected them to at least occasionally mention it and i'm half wondering if she just got way more into the game than she expected to

There's an alternate universe where she is Pokimane, basically.

• Options
    Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • Options

Yeah, Stream is live and viewership is up to 221k. It's crazy.

Game hasn't even started.

350k at the moment. Golly. I don't watch many streams with that many viewers....

Steam profile
  • Options
    A Half Eaten OreoA Half Eaten Oreo Registered User regular
    Oh Toast is playing.

Toast is a facebook streamer now, he is streaming there.

• Options
    Oh Toast is playing.

Yeah it's why I can't watch Toast anymore :(

Steam profile
  • Options
    A Half Eaten OreoA Half Eaten Oreo Registered User regular
    kime wrote: »
    Oh Toast is playing.

Yeah it's why I can't watch Toast anymore :(

I can't blame him cause he probably got that life changing payday, but it does mean I mostly just watch his Youtube clips now.

• Options
    I just learned a new gaming word from AOC....

I'm not sure how to feel about that.

Steam profile
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    kime wrote: »
    I just learned a new gaming word from AOC....

I'm not sure how to feel about that.

She plays LoL probably can teach you all kinds of words you don't know.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net