As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The [Among Us] One marination, under sus.

• Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    kime wrote: »
    I just learned a new gaming word from AOC....

I'm not sure how to feel about that.

She plays LoL probably can teach you all kinds of words you don't know.

But for a game I play and watch!

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    Phoenix-DPhoenix-D Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    I just learned a new gaming word from AOC....

I'm not sure how to feel about that.

She plays LoL probably can teach you all kinds of words you don't know.

But for a game I play and watch!

What was it?

• Options
    Among Us, obviously :P

Steam profile
  • Options
    autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular
    the word, he meant!

hww5djgwl0cw.png

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    I learned marinate.

• Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    marinate is a toast special

• Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    She left her VOD up if you want to watch:

• Options
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    I learned marinate.

That's the new one for me, too. It's great :D

Steam profile
  • Options
    TayaTaya Registered User regular
    It was fun playing with you all! I will definitely play again as long as it isn't too late in the day.

• Options
    PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    i'm trying to put together a game of this for some homebound quarantiners who don't play video games

Are there any tips for what I should do to prep for them? I figure they need discord with PTT or mute?

Are there good answers for how to have good settings for new people? At 6 players and at 10?

sig.gif
  • Options
    ZaylenzZaylenz Registered User regular
    Was just watching a stream earlier tonight where they played a different player created game type called Hide and Seek. The basic premise is there's only one imposter, who announces who they are at the start of the match. The Crew then run away while the imposter counts down to 10 and then they can start the chase. That imposter has a very short view range and short kill cool down, while the crew members can see pretty far. All the players are also sped up. There is no announcing of deaths or calling meetings or ejecting anyone and the mics are on for everyone the whole time. Once you're dead you have to mute though, so you can't help steer survivors away from the imposter. The crew just has to survive and finish their tasks before the imposter can kill everyone. Fairly simple but it looked really fun.

These are the settings the stream I watched used, though I guess it could be adjusted as needed. They had 9 players.
    Map: Polis
    Emergency Meetings: 0
    Player Speed: 1.25x
    Crewmate Vision: 5x
    Imposter Vision: 0.25x
    Kill Cooldown: 10s
    Kill Distance: Short
    Visual Tasks: Off
    Common Tasks: 2
    Long Tasks: 2
    Short Tasks: 5

Maybe we should try it one of these nights.

• Options
    TefTef Registered User regular
    Gutted my internet wasn’t working tonight everyone! Hopefully it’s not going to be an ongoing issue!

help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    Hey we're forming up in the discord, anyone is welcome

• Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    We groupin' a group in PA discord if anyone is around.

• Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    https://youtu.be/bBxkxQUEKWk

Holy crap that last clip was amazing.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    TynnanTynnan seldom correct, never unsure Registered User regular
    edited October 2020
    "I saw Scott kill on cams"

And holy shit yes that final clip.

Tynnan on
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    TOO FAST. TRY AGAIN.

• Options
    JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular
    Can someone explain that final clip to me? I feel dumb not getting it.

• Options
    edited October 2020
    Can someone explain that final clip to me? I feel dumb not getting it.

They had no idea who it was, totally 50/50 to find out who is the imposter. Abe baited Jon into thinking he was gonna vote Jodi. When he didn't, Jon revealed he was just trying to get Jodi tossed to win.

Not only that, Jon was trying to stall with lights for his kill cool down, but Jodi managed to hit all the switches as he was trying to turn them off. Very close game.

Local H Jay on
  • Options
    Cause Abe knew it couldnt of been Jodi, and thus the only reason Jon would of voted for her was to get the win?

• Options
    Cause Abe knew it couldnt of been Jodi, and thus the only reason Jon would of voted for her was to get the win?

He explains it to his chat, he lied about voting Jodi to see what Jon would do. Otherwise he would have gotten tossed from Jodi's accusation.

• Options
  • Options
    The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular
    We're trying to get a group together noooow, get online

Ideas hate it when you anthropomorphize them
    Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/TheZombiePenguin
    Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/thezombiepenguin/
    Switch: 0293 6817 9891
  • Options

Lol at people who don't mash kill on cooldown as imposter

Steam profile
  • Options
    TynnanTynnan seldom correct, never unsure Registered User regular

Lol at people who don't mash kill on cooldown as imposter

I feel attacked

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
  • Options
  • Options
    I

sfaejrzg7kkd.png

STAND ALONE

• Options
    edited November 2020
    We're trying to get a game going at the moment with 4 in the lobby

All are welcome

Local H Jay on
  • Options
    GizzyGizzy i am a cat PhoenixRegistered User regular
    It’s prob so frustrating to follow me when I’m doing tasks. Pause abruptly, open map, try to figure out where I am on the map, try to run to a task, realize it’s on the other side of the wall, open map and look at it some more, try to go out the door but it’s a wall ....

Switch Animal Crossing Friend Code: SW-5107-9276-1030
    Island Name: Felinefine
  • Options
    Gizzy wrote: »
    It’s prob so frustrating to follow me when I’m doing tasks. Pause abruptly, open map, try to figure out where I am on the map, try to run to a task, realize it’s on the other side of the wall, open map and look at it some more, try to go out the door but it’s a wall ....

It's all good, we've all been there. Hell, some of us are still there. Besides, it's good cover when you're an Imposter, so use it while you still can.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    New patch notes!

tl;dr (just fixes/changes):

-Added Anonymous Voting option: All votes appear as grey
    -Added Task Bar Modes: Always mode works like normal, Meeting mode only updates the bar during meetings, and Invisible mode removes the task bar entirely
    -MIRA: Comms sabotage clears the security logs (What does MIRA mean?)
    -Added symbols to fix wires task
    -Added cosmetics to meeting screen
    -Various bug fixes

Full text with developer comments:
    Hello! It’s been pretty crazy for us here at Innersloth. Lots of things happening behind the scenes. We’ve got a small update here for you all.

Firstly, we want to be sure to talk about the cheating and hacking going on. It was pretty bad there for a bit, so Forte pushed out server changes really fast. They seemed to help a lot, but some cheats still work and now there are bugs too. There will be more server updates to fix all of this, but rushing anti-hacks is what caused the bugs, so cleaning things up is a slower process. Also rest assured that any threats made in the game are false and your devices and data are safe. If you see a hacker, ban them or find a different room.

Here's what this update contains:

-Added Anonymous Voting option

All votes appear as grey

-Added Task Bar Modes

Always mode works like normal

Meeting mode only updates the bar during meetings

Invisible mode removes the task bar entirely

-MIRA: Comms sabotage clears the security logs

-Added symbols to fix wires task

-Added cosmetics to meeting screen

-Various bug fixes

We have lots of things planned, but no real official roadmap. We play things pretty loose so we can tackle what we think the game needs most. We also don’t want to promise anything and then not provide it so it’s a scary thing to share. Here are some of the big things we are planning:

-Accounts. We’re hoping to get accounts into the game by December. This will allow players to report accounts that are toxic and/or hacking. They may be a bit barebones at first but things like friendslists will also come at a later date after launch.

-New Map. We’re hard at work on a new map (It’s Henry Stickmin themed!). This map is currently looking bigger than Polus! The map will contain plenty of new tasks and will be available for free to all players!

-Translations/Localization. The game is currently only translated into a few languages (and some of those translations are a bit rough). We’re planning on getting professional translations into multiple languages (More than we currently have, not ready to share quite which languages yet). To all the people offering to translate, thanks for reaching out, but we’ve got it under control!

-Colorblind support. This patch contains a first pass on colorblind support. We’ll continue monitoring it to see how it performs.

Mind you this isn’t the full extent of our plans. We’ve got lots of things we’re planning that we’re not quite ready to share yet! Thanks for sticking with us and enjoying the game! We’re going through some growing pains right now, but I am very excited for the future of Among Us!

Great to see the small team working hard to make the game better for everyone. All these changes are great. Personally, I'd go with Anonymous Voting and Meeting Task Bar as new standards. Thoughts?

MNC Dover on
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    Coming from a mafia/werewolf background, I'd hate to lose voting record. It doesn't seem like there's any issues there, and working as intended? It isn't metagaming, it is literally playing the game to pay attention to votes.

Unlike the task bar sitting, which is a much needed option. I'd consider just removing it entirely since then it makes it a little more risky for those "we are a sliver away with four of us, let's skip and just complete task victory." And easier for me to claim as imposter that I'm done all my tasks. These kinds of claims and decisions should be less concrete.

OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    Oh and MIRA is the 2nd map, the launch facility and the security logs is the thing that shows who tripped which hallway sensor. So it wipes the log now.

OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    I like the vote anon because it's another thing to lie about as Imposter

• Options
    Infidel wrote: »
    Coming from a mafia/werewolf background, I'd hate to lose voting record. It doesn't seem like there's any issues there, and working as intended? It isn't metagaming, it is literally playing the game to pay attention to votes.

Unlike the task bar sitting, which is a much needed option. I'd consider just removing it entirely since then it makes it a little more risky for those "we are a sliver away with four of us, let's skip and just complete task victory." And easier for me to claim as imposter that I'm done all my tasks. These kinds of claims and decisions should be less concrete.

I wouldn't want to play with the vote anonymization either, yeah. Or on Mira still :P . But the other changes are nice.

Steam profile
  • Options
    The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular
    I like the vote anon because it's another thing to lie about as Imposter

Also i think it opens up interesting dynamics like saying you're voting X as crew then voting Y to throw off the imposters, or similar. I unno - I dont think giving the imposters more advantages is too bad right now.

• Options
    I feel it makes the game less interesting as you can talk about who voted for who. But it does help the imposter(s)

Now that I think about it, I would love the ability to have a "reaction" phase to voting so people could talk about what happened. Maybe add a option to vote to skip the discussion time as well.

• Options
    We're gearing up for a game! Come, come, bring the bodies.

JOIN US AMONG US JOIN US AMONG US JOIN US AMONG US

• Options
    Not to be mad sus, but as mentioned in Discord and spammed in Steam thread, I'm doing another 24 hour marathon tomorrow for Extra Life! I'm trying to get an Among Us lobby going later in the evening (probably closer to 7pm PST/10pm EST) cause I know most of us are west coasters. Come drop by the Discord if you wanna join in.