• Options
    UrQuanLord88UrQuanLord88 Registered User regular
    i'm hitting the limits of hero artifact storage for some reason
    what a garbage limit

http://steamcommunity.com/id/urquanlord88
    urquanlord88.png
    Streaming 8PST on weeknights
  • Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    i'm hitting the limits of hero artifact storage for some reason
    what a garbage limit

It gets doubled in a few months, so I'd just vault stuff you don't use for the time being.

• Options
    MaytagMaytag Registered User regular
    What did you all get on the free SASB?

I lucked into Decil SASB2 which is a great 3 atb turn soulbreak. I did do the physical dark lab already, but it was pretty rough so this is a nice improvement on the team.

3DS: 1392 - 5070 - 7853
  • Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    edited June 2022
    I got noctis which gives me a borderline bonkers FFXV fire team.

In "shit I should have done ages ago" news, I've finally cleared all the transcendent ruins

Jragghen on
  • Options
    Jragghen wrote: »

In "shit I should have done ages ago" news, I've finally cleared all the transcendent ruins

I should get around to doing those as well, are any still difficult?

• Options
    Maytag wrote: »

I should get around to doing those as well, are any still difficult?

Triad descends you still need to look up the gimmick, and circles through time is still tough (recommend having a team with edge focused on providing pblink and last stand), but otherwise not bad I don't think. They were two of the three I had left.

• Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    1/2 off Turks DAASB banner pull:
    Elena AASB, Reno DAASB!

The price was right.

• Options
    FF9 lab done in 33.6s, which is.....a ton better than I expected.

I might be able to sub-30 this, if I could be bothered.

• Options
    edited June 2022
    Record keeper is dead August 30th.

This may just cause me to stop playing now.

E: whoops, see below. This date is end of gem sales

Jragghen on
  • Options
    @38thDoe lighting a signal flare so you can edit the subject bar and we might see past timers swing by to say bye

• Options
    Record keeper is dead August 30th.

This may just cause me to stop playing now.

No more gem sales then.

Game ends 9/29.

I'm shocked, but it's the only way I was ever going to be free.

I guess I figured the JP game would reach a logical place to stop content and we'd roll up there and stop as well.

I've built my daily routine around this game, have invested hundreds of hours, and experienced a range of emotions from high to low.

Guess we won't need another thread.

Do I jump into another Gacha? I'm so confused right now.

• Options
    UrQuanLord88UrQuanLord88 Registered User regular
    edited June 2022
    oh man i'm finally free of this sunk cost curse
    i was barely able to ignore the game and when i had focus on it, it was good enough to hold my attention for a little while. Even now, I had it hooked up to auto battle just to get some of my character's magia stats up to try and beat all the DK dungeons
    ultimately i can't say that i completely hate the game. The ffrk remix of final fantasy scores is nice. The F2P aspect, future sight into banners and community made the gacha bearable. Multiplayer was kinda enjoyable before they canned it.
    I think the core gameplay loop was degenerate, grindy and opaque at times. In light of more modern f2p mobile games, ffrk just felt like a relic of the past. Funny that the JP version of the game is still running...

Clash Royale is probably replacing ffrk as my on-off mobile game. I actually have friends playing it and it is more involved in its gameplay and strategy. The Clash Mini spin-off is another mobile game i really enjoy in the same respect. I have not dove into another gacha game since ffrk/pad.

UrQuanLord88 on
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/urquanlord88
    urquanlord88.png
    Streaming 8PST on weeknights
  • Options
    DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    I quit about...half a year back? I'd gotten a promotion and just didn't have the time to fuck around at work and do battles here and there, especially when there was so much more prep involved as the battles got more complicated.

I don't miss it now, but I think I will when it's gone. I had fun for a good number of years, even with all the money I spent on pulls.

• Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    I quit years ago, but I'm sad to see it end. I got a lot of play out of it when I was in the hospital after my daughter was born, and being that FFVI is my favorite game ever, the sprites here still fill me with joy. Sad news, but not unexpected.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    Do I jump into another Gacha? I'm so confused right now.
    I strongly strongly strongly recommend you do not and take the time to free yourself of all gachas and, in fact, all Live Service games and anything with dailies. It's insane how much time you recover and how much more progress you make on other games.

At one point I was playing 4 gachas simultaneously (Arknights, Genshin, F/GO, Granblue) and winding down from there to currently being completely free is indescribably liberating.

Anyway, sad to see, but everything has its time. I don't miss it but I had at least a little fun back int he day.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    After starting all the way back when the ffvi event with the raft was running I think I never missed a day. Really sad to see the game end, don't think I'll ever play another gacha which is probably for the best.

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    This is very surprising to me. I am very curious what translating the game was costing them if it was less than people were spending. I have more thoughts but I’m out in the woods. Thank you for notifying me.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Also, explanation of bizarre thread title:

https://youtu.be/xuWkvyeAu0E

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    It's been ages since I've posted here but hoo boy where to begin. I'm really sad the game is ending. Altho I stopped posting, I'm happy that I never had to put money in the game and I got most of the cool stuff I wanted. Got me a complete Quina Kit, complete Orran, complete Cait and complete Mog and I was able to clear all the content. No gacha game would've let me do that without sinking massive amounts of cash. Probably the reason why the game is ending. It really blows knowing that JP is still alive and well and that we will never see all the CD fights (apparently we arent even getting VIII CD? only Bahamuts?). Kinda sucks that I have like 700 mythril and 40+ tickets saved up for the refresh that will never come. If anything I think this might have crushed my Megalixir syndrome lol. I've tried Opera Omnia and other Gachas in the past but none ever gave me the thrill of clearing a Dragonking/Wodin/Lab/Magicite by the skin of my teeth. Outside of FF14 raids. In particular...I'm gonna miss having some cool FF interpretations. Nothing felt as bad ass as seeing Zidane break ATB with his Sync+AASB combo, Squall (and the FF8 cast) becoming ice lords, Firion becoming my favorite Ice melee fighter (SASB2+AASB1 is sick!), getting a thousand hits out of Bartz doing DAASB into AASB2, TGCid just being TGCid, Paladin Cecil going from a joke to my best melee Holy guy (ADSB+Sync+AASB+LBO), getting the right buffs so that Noctis SASB+DAASB could cap and finally seing both Cloud and Seph just breaking the damage counter with their BDL tricks.

I'm happy I got to enjoy all of that. I...will try to record at least some lab boss fights with some fun tech I never got to use (looking at you Angeal with your Sync and AASB sure let's make it work) but I'm not sure if I'll tackle the last set of bosses. I'm still debating if I'm gonna keep loging in.

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    I won’t say lots but there were other gacha that let you succeed as free to play. Terra battle now defunct but let you eventually eliminate dupes from the gacha. Puzzles and dragons is very accessible without spending money.

The gold standard of mobile gaming remains magikarp jump simulator though.

Most are pretty terrible though.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    Decided I'm at least going to clear all content before the game ends. At the moment that's just ffxi DK and physical abductor. Might just home prishe aasb and be done with that fight.

• Options
    edited June 2022
    Decided I'm at least going to clear all content before the game ends. At the moment that's just ffxi DK and physical abductor. Might just home prishe aasb and be done with that fight.

Fair point. If I want to complete stuff before it goes away, no point in not honing or doing overdrive at this point.

E: labs don't have overdrive. Oh well.

Jragghen on
  • Options

Fair point. If I want to complete stuff before it goes away, no point in not honing or doing overdrive at this point.

E: labs don't have overdrive. Oh well.

technically one lab does have OD!

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    ok it took a while....boy but here we go 1 lab mission down two to go. The reclear was a bit rough but whatever.

pyxjbadz7td5.png

Edgar DAASB and nothing else
    Kefka SASB + AASB + USB
    Quistis CSB + SASB + AOSB
    Mog and Cait using same old (AASB1+2)

• Options
    and another one down. one final victory lap.

elg0qd4dzd4p.png

Quina SASB,AASB1+2,G1+
    Marcus SASB,AASB
    Eiko G+,USB4?, BUSB, LBG
    Amaranth SASB,AASB,USB
    Zidane SASB,AASB,USB

ehhhh I can probably sub 30 this one if I skip USBs during final phase and just go for AOSBs. I'm definitely gonna miss using my only LBG to tank the interrupt and full break during the phase shift.

• Options
    ok I wanted to do Magic Shiva Clear (I'm missing that one) since I just got a Perfect Vivi set but I'm....gonna try to get his DAASB first before trying again. In the mean time here's Phys Shiva

ddwv17a4xvsw.png

Man I loved unloading all the damage. I'm pretty sure there's a faster clear here but I'm good with this one.

Noctis SASB,DAASB,AASB
    Auron CSB,AASB1
    Vincent SASB2,AASB1,AASB2
    Quina SASB,AASB,G+1&2
    Elarra AASB,SASB2,USB1,USB2

After who knows how long I've been chasing for this one I finally got Elarra's SASB2 and...it isnt as broken as I imagined it would be. Most of the time when I run Quina + Elarra I felt like healing wasnt just right. In hindsight, I wonder if just honing her AASB would've meant faster and safer clears. Shout out to my second favorite healer: Hilda. Man that SASB,AASB combo = never die ever ever. Lack of Crit Damage does hurt overall speed but I liked her. I should try a Fina run since I've got her full kit at level 1 one of these days tho.

• Options
    Actually cleared green dragon sub 30 on my reclear. Not having 5 secs of nothing in the fight helps a ton and Marcus puts in a lot of work. Team:
    Marcus DAASB/SASB
    Quistis CSB/SASB2
    Kefka SASB/AASB1&2
    Cait sith
    Nog

Stacking Marcus' soulbreaks meant a triple or quadcast of his sync command that imperils on hit. Crazy damage ensued.

• Options
    Maintenance happened today. Keeping to the JP schedule more or less until the END. Accelerated a few QoL improvements, but notably NOT Wait Mode 2 for Labs, the monsters.

PHY AASB Lucky Draw!

Thief AASB dupe. Boo 0/11 draws! Maybe it's good this Gacha game is dying!

• Options
    edited July 2022
    ok! so wth im having my streamer dreams and I recorded clearing some Lab and Crystal Dungeons tonight. If you want to see the clears just go here:

might as well record this before the game ends. So first off I did do a reclear now that I had HE on 600 CD.
    5py8motupgox.png

Squall SASB1, AASB1+3
    Selphie USB4 (i had AASB but tbh...healing was never an issue and USB4 gives QC so I just kept spamming that)
    Laguna SASB,AASB
    Mog AASB1+2
    Rinoa SASB,AASB Ice

Tbh lack of good buffs in realm really slow me down. I suppose I could run Squall USB3 to get Crit Fix and go Fire Squall for better results. Meanwhile in Lab land where I've got OP Quina:
    h5u2q1cupsl0.png

I totally forgot to activate ADSB on time and lost my sub 30 but whatever super happy about this clear

Firion SASB,AASB1+2,LBO (boy I'm gonna miss you Ice Samurai you rock!)
    Laguna CSB, SASB, ADSB (couldve just used AOSB), AASB
    Squall SASB,AASB1,AASB3 (i totally screwed the order here! AASB3 doesn't give you double cast so I had to entrust some bars quickly to get him to do AASB1)
    Quina SASB,AASB1+2
    Elarra SASB,AASB,USB1

And finally:
    d91qmd2lcyso.png

maaaaaaaaan this was VERY close. I kinda forced this team.

Rinoa SASB,AASB,AOSB (I couldve used AASB2 to get some BDL in the final phase)
    Mog and Cait with the usual stuff
    Edea Dark ADSB, Glint+ with chase, AASB1,AASB2, USB
    Serah CSB, AASB, BSB (for Imperil purposes)

It's a shame I never got Serah's SASB. Definitely would've helped for this run. I'm pretty sure I can get a faster run (not sure if Sub 30) if I bought Edea's chain and just brought Matoya and flipped her to Ice (got ADSB,SASB and AASB on her).

I think I have a team that can clear Ultemicia 700 but...I'm gonna try to pull for Squall's DASB. Or knowing my luck I bet I'm gonna get Rinoa's. Anyway I'm gonna save that VOD later on Youtube or somewhere.

lionheart_m on
  • Options
    Trying to reclear PHY Shiva for the quest, and while I remember my first clear being relatively easy, I ran through a full battery and overheated my phone without being able to clear it again, so I'm stewing in self-loathing right now.

MAG AASB draw: Kefka AASB1(!), Rude, Vayne, and Terra dupes. Three dupes is whatever, but that Kefka AASB gives me double BDL on him, so could be key.

• Options
    never change Dr. Mog. The luckies gave me:
    1r0xmry35q51.png

maybe it's a good idea to drop gachas lololol

• Options
    edited July 2022
    I went 1/11 dupe
    1/11 something for useless character
    1/11 Delta sync which.... Yeah, okay.

Think I can sub 30 now.

E: first try. So FFXI is the only DK not sub 30

Jragghen on
  • Options
    so I finally went back and cleared Shiva Magic Fire Lab
    7cncyuo6pd2o.png

so yeah HE made a difference with Vivi. phew! I can skip Banner 4 now. DPS was:

Vincent SASB2,AASB1+2
    Papalymo SASB, AASB
    Vivi AASB1 and...4?, USB1 and CSB

I think I could have a better team switching Vincent as my Chain Holder and using Matoya buuuuuut Vincent is so good at just doing DPS. I also did some fun sub 30 DKs...I finally got enough Angeal tech due to tickets that...well I had to use him before he's gone forever:
    z6t2jh06juzb.png

Zack DAASB,AASB1+2
    Seph SASB,AASB+USB
    Angeal Sync,AASB1+2

Fun times recorded here and a failed attempt at trying to sub 30 DK FF4

• Options
    Sync Lucky: Snow
    Free Draw: 9(!) dupes and Raijin LBO. Other stuff was junk.
    LotRoP:
    Core: Reynn LMR dupe
    Type-0: Seven Sync
    FFT: Delita Glint
    15: Noct Sync dupe
    14: Haurchefant USB
    13: Serah USB
    12: Ashe LMR dupe
    11: Totto AASB dupe
    10: Auron USB dupe
    9: Garnet BSB dupe
    8: Raijin AOSB dupe
    7: Aerith AASB2
    6: Strago USB dupe
    5: Lenna AASB2
    4: Edward CSB
    3: OK LMR dupe
    2: Maria AASB dupe
    1: Matoya USB dupe
    Couple quality pieces in a sea of dupes.

Managed to reclear Shiva. Figuring out Green Dragon is taking a lot of energy and time.

• Options
    final fest pulls. maybe. finally....Dr. Mog gave me (after 200 mythril) a Waifu relic.
    2jt53urjs99n.png

some context. due to stupid RNG since they shared banners....thanks to Dr. Mog I got a near complete Rinoa. I always had to pity/ticket/sync select his relics. I'm glad that for the final fest I finally got a waifu relic. TY FFRK for all the salt you gave me these past 7 years.

of course RNG wouldnt be complete without:
    wrbynk40mhvu.png

so...let's do this and blow Ultemicia away.

• Options
    I threw one pull at this banner and got 6!/11 with no dupes!!

Rinoa G+
    Rinoa Sync
    Rinoa Chain+
    Squall Chain+
    Elarra DASB
    Rinoa DASB

So yeah, I'll see your Rinoa and post what I don't have of hers (and I've got all LMR, too)

q2ec6fggqzqw.jpg

• Options
    by the way I'm super glad I got Elarra's DASB. That thing is bonkers! Unlike her AASB and SASB that don't play nice, it's actually real good!

• Options
    by the way I'm super glad I got Elarra's DASB. That thing is bonkers! Unlike her AASB and SASB that don't play nice, it's actually real good!

Yeah, I was reading that thing and realizing it was kinda a waste to hone her AASB (we're in the endgame so I'm burning megalixers and giving her a second last stand is nice)

• Options
    edited July 2022
    So Ultemicia is done! first attempt and I totally screwed up everything I could screw up.
    75pdocsp94fm.png

it was real fun to go all out, totally forgot about Squall's Dual Shift, chain ran out at the worst possible time, Mog didn't make it to Phase 3 (should've brought Selphie's Glint) but i loved this fight. Team was:

Squall DAASB,SASB,AASB,AOSB
    Rinoa DAASB,SASB,AASB1+2,AOSB
    Laguna ADSB,SASB,CSB
    Selphie USB4,G+,AASB
    Mog AASB1+2

vod is over here (first fight) if anyone wants to take a look

lionheart_m on
  • Options
    you know doing DAASB into Sync kinda reminds me of the old BSB1 into AASB Squall did back in the Odin days.