Options

[FFRK] I am free to pursue my real dreams: Hip Hop

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Vaelfor is pretty unpleasant.
    Maybe diablos is easier?

Advice?

Chain:
    WOL OSB AASB LMR-Quickcastx3 + Counter Heal+Attack
    PECIL OSB AASB AOSB G+ BSBs

Kind of feel like WOL is better here because his chain adds count and stock but maybe I'm undervaluing Cover

DPS:
    Rem USB(attack one) Glint, AOSB, Sync
    Marche USB, G+
    Hope AASB, G
    Lightning Sync, AASB, AASB, G+
    Beatrix Sync, AASB, AOSB, OSB

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    WOL is definitely the more DPS-focused chain holder of the two, giving the party +Holy with his Awakening instead of damage reduction barriers.

However, I would probably pick Pecil if you end up going the magic route, because his Awakening is a magic hybrid. If you went that route with him, he would want his Hero Abulity and Glint; Paladin Force is a hybrid ability that gets his Quickcast Knight effect even when it’s doing magic damage.

I have heard very good things about Rem’s Sync. Apparently it’s been seen nearly soloing Diabolos, so it’s probably going to do well for you. That she also has an Arcane, and an OSB in the lens shop, is a really good start. In that setup, I would pair her with Hope, and Pecil. Hope also has an OSB in the shop, IIRC. He could build meter throughout phases 1 and 2 with his Awakening, and then swap to OSB spam in phase 3, where targeting specific things is more important.

That said, you also have really good physical stuff, between Lightning and Beatrix (and also Marche for speed, but I always worry about fielding 4 DPS teams against something like Diabolos). If you want to give that one a spin because you can assemble it without buying new toys for Pecil, you can go ahead. Alternatively, you could use WOL anyway on the magic team, and focus entirely on buffing Rem’s damage.

You will of course need Ultra Cure in the party, and you can also clear Fever Dream with Saint Cross (remember that thing?)

• Options
    lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    edited October 2020
    Ok this was more uncomfortable than I thought it would be
    Screenshot-20201001-203213-com-dena-west-FFRK.jpg

ok if it helps someone:

Elarra GSB+ and AASB using Allegro and Magic Hymn
    Ultemicia AASB + BUSB + OSB
    Barbaricia AASB + USB + BSB
    Alphi Sync + AASB
    Faris AASB + CSB + USB..2? Imperil Wind

Bad timing on walls killed Alphinaud's momentum. If it wasn't for Barbaricia on Phase 3 this wouldn't have happened.

lionheart_m on
    3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    Took a team to shiva planning on fucking around to get the mythril, got to 99.3%

• Options
    ...I misread vivi's awakening. Okay, he can get enIce or Lit once

• Options
    rattletraprattletrap Registered User regular
    edited October 2020
    38thDoe wrote: »
    Vaelfor is pretty unpleasant.
    Maybe diablos is easier?

Advice?

Chain:
    WOL OSB AASB LMR-Quickcastx3 + Counter Heal+Attack
    PECIL OSB AASB AOSB G+ BSBs

Kind of feel like WOL is better here because his chain adds count and stock but maybe I'm undervaluing Cover

DPS:
    Rem USB(attack one) Glint, AOSB, Sync
    Marche USB, G+
    Hope AASB, G
    Lightning Sync, AASB, AASB, G+
    Beatrix Sync, AASB, AOSB, OSB

That's a lot of good stuff and you should be able to beat Diabolos with it without a big problem.

1) While Cover is pretty helpful, it's probably not worth giving up the chain count/stock. I'd stick with WOL.
    2) Rem's Sync is bonkers, but looking at your DPS options you're probably still better going with your physical team given they both have Syncs and AASBs. You also have a problem in that your only non-Rem magic option is Hope and summoners make Phase 3 much harder as they phase shift when you don't want to.
    3) Bring Tyro and his (lensable) glint, mixed with whatever else useful you have for him (even Wall is helpful if you have a healer G+). My approach was to put Tyro and Elarra in the top 2 slots, which are the top 2 to get dream'ed. He can then wrath/entrust until the bottom 2 get dream'ed and then glint everyone back to reality. This should also help you manage phase 3 as long you have the AI up.
    4) You need lots of healing in phase 3 if you are keeping all your DPS running since you'll likely have high pain levels. I used Elarra AASB and USB1, which worked fine as long as Tyro kept packing her with meter (Which is another reason you should bring Tyro).
    5) That said, you've got a lot of AOSBs which should help keep Phase 3 short.

Overall I'd go with Pecil, Lightning, Beatrix, Tyro, Healer (Elarra ideally if you have her stuff). Marche is unnecessary and just won't contribute enough compared to what Tyro adds.

Also RE: Valefor, as far as I can tell for that dude your options are A) Squall tech with HA, B) Celes tech with HA, C) Ice summoner. Anything else is a serious challenge.

rattletrap on
  • Options
    FryFry Registered User regular
    Does Cover even work in real fights?

• Options
    rattletraprattletrap Registered User regular
    I recall it working in a few Torments, including the 450s.

• Options
    DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    Huh. I wonder if Gogo's Mime commands can copy HAs.

• Options
    edited October 2020
    Darklyre wrote: »

It should; they’re unique moves, but Mimic is supposed to be able to copy anything that you can put into an ability slot.

Hm. BRB, testing.

Edit:

Yep. I tried out Gogo’s Bubsy on Terra’s Riot Blade. Gogo mimicked the Hero ability perfectly fine. And because of that move’s animation, I got to see Gogo transform into Terra’s Esper form, which was pretty hilarious.

Enlong on
  • Options
    Final ticket. No complaints.

2/11 Decil AASB and Vivi Fire AASB. Both new. Decil is definitely a Waifu pull and I doubt he can replace Sice as my #2 Dark DPS but I'd rather field him than Garland. Likewise, I'd rather field Vivi than Ace.

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular
    edited October 2020
    1/10 Sephiroth USB2 dupe

Which means my grand total for the free draws in non-dupes was... Tyro's G+ and Zack's AASB1.

Plus the 7/66, 6 dupes from two nights ago and 1/11 dupe on the AASB lucky.

So much for the moderate luck on the LotR.

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    WyvernWyvern Registered User regular
    I didn't get much of anything from my fest tickets. Best relic was probably Garnet en-lightning LMR, which isn't saying much.

I spent my first three magicite tickets on wind. All 1/11 - dupe Zidane glint, Faris glint, Bartz Glint+. Two out of three of those are good for me, at least. I'll probably switch to lightning when I get the other three to dodge more dupes.

Switch: SW-2431-2728-9604 || 3DS: 0817-4948-1650
  • Options
    Final ticket was exdeath AOSB

Ice ticket draw: edea awakening which was my most desired from the banner (fucking around made me realize I only had one magic I've cap break thing)

Which puts me at 5, 5, 6, 6, 7, 7, 5, 6 dupes for my last two draws, so I'll PROBABLY dupe no matter where I pull. Guess I'll do ice and dark since they were the magic teams that were most iffy when poking yesterday, and I don't have the syncs.

Ice: seven glint (dispel and empowered), seven awakening
    Dark: wcast seph LMR, dupe seifer awakening

Well, my magic ice got a fuckton better this morning, at least.

Decided to end in a bang since I got back to 50 mythril. 2/11 shadow and minwu awakenings. No top-line items, but minwu now has staying power and shadow is relevant again.

Only real big get of the fest for me was edge sync, which I didn't even realize how big it was when I got it. Otherwise, it's the element tickets that got the real interesting stuff for me :p

• Options
    Enlong wrote: »
    Darklyre wrote: »

It should; they’re unique moves, but Mimic is supposed to be able to copy anything that you can put into an ability slot.

Hm. BRB, testing.

Edit:

Yep. I tried out Gogo’s Bubsy on Terra’s Riot Blade. Gogo mimicked the Hero ability perfectly fine. And because of that move’s animation, I got to see Gogo transform into Terra’s Esper form, which was pretty hilarious.

Yep, I had gogo 5's awakening copy edge's HA on entry, which was pretty great

• Options
    Yeah, I feel like the biggest results would be from having Gogo 5 copy Edge's or Rydia's hero abilities with his awakening or USB.

• Options
    Results from free/cheap draws:

Parade: Nabaat AASB, Celes Sync

Autumn Fest tickets: three AOSBs is about the best I can say for this. One dupe AASB

Half price AASB lucky: Vayne, Selphie

Magicite support tickets: Golbez AASB, Gaffgarion AASB, Sephiroth AASB, Rinoa AASB earth, Cinque AASB, Marche AASB, Cloud Sync

Magicite support banners coming through in a big way. Funny that I just got some big pieces that would have been massively helpful for VII Dreambreaker right after beating my head against it until I broke through, but oh well.

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    wow

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    Huh. Minwu awakening is doublecast with "high chance" to triple cast. Pity it doesn't hook with his sync.

I got shadow AOSB at some point, so I guess that might see use now.

Seven awakening is my first in-realm, too.

And finally, I now have every edea sb except some that can be lensed (and some LMR)

• Options
    Fry wrote: »
    Results from free/cheap draws:

Parade: Nabaat AASB, Celes Sync

Autumn Fest tickets: three AOSBs is about the best I can say for this. One dupe AASB

Half price AASB lucky: Vayne, Selphie

Magicite support tickets: Golbez AASB, Gaffgarion AASB, Sephiroth AASB, Rinoa AASB earth, Cinque AASB, Marche AASB, Cloud Sync

Magicite support banners coming through in a big way. Funny that I just got some big pieces that would have been massively helpful for VII Dreambreaker right after beating my head against it until I broke through, but oh well.

Christ.

You got more on just the magicite support tickets than I got in all of those categories combined, which includes G+s.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    Is Edge a decent chain holder for magic water teams even without his new hybrid stuff? He's still got sources of Enwater, and his still-lovely SSB for party defense. My magic water team has a lot of power (awakenings on 3 characters), but is lacking Gogo's chain.

Or should I just use the RW chain, since most content where that isn't available probably doesn't warrant this kind of theory-crafting.

• Options
    MaytagMaytag Registered User regular
    Selphie AASB and Kelgar AOSB on the last ticket!

Healer AASB's are always good for torments, but I doubt this one will see use outside of it. It's weird that Selphie has doublecast white from her legend dive, but her AASB only interacts with dances.

Got about 4 pulls in the tank for tomorrow, but I'll probably stop pulling as soon as I hit a big ticket item.

3DS: 1392 - 5070 - 7853
  • Options
    So I think this covers everything major (lots of assorted little stuff, and I've been buying some small support things in the record lab I haven't been mentioning to help with various things).

Banners: Minwu AASB, Shadow AASB, Shadow chain, Quina AASB, Edge Sync
    Magicite tickets: Seven AASB, Edea AASB, Desch AASB, Seph wcast LMR, Tidus AASB, Minwu Sync
    Lucky: Eiko AASB, Vivi AASB2
    LotR: Arc AASB, Bartz AASB2, Gabranth AASB

I also got an Ace realm chain in here at some point, but I don't recall where.

So yeah, color me as another person where the magicite tickets were basically on parity with fest.

• Options
    Note to self: if you're trying to fight Ifrit with the RW Water Chain, maybe actually use it instead of spending half the fight wondering why attacks aren't doing as much damage as expected.

• Options
    LotR: Machina AASB, Iris AASB, Beatrix AASB, Sarah AASB
    Lucky: One dupe
    Banners (6 draws): Palom AASB, Zidane Sync
    Magicite: Celes AASB

But it's cool, because I still have my two 6*s, one of which was a dupe, from the daily draw in the last *checks calendar* 18 months.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    The daily has been very rude to me lately. Two days in a row of 5 star no SB. What are the odds?

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    Last ticket: Aemo BSB, Kuja Bubsy, Steiner Realm Chain.

Funny about Aemo and Kuja, both are weapons called Misty Rod. Just one is total garbage and one is....something I probably won't use either. Chain is useful at least.

• Options
    Remember when we had 2 different weapons called Demon's Axe (II)?

• Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    5 tickets for Fest draws are go.
    1st: Lann OSB, Seven USB, Vivi AASB2 dupe
    2nd: Fujin BSB dupe, Exdeath LMR dupe, Aria LMR (w-cast), Tyro USB4 dupe, Fang Realm Chain
    3rd: Lilisette USB
    4th: Ashe Glint dupe, Zeid G+ dupe
    5th: Tidus AASB, Vaan AASB1

Man, saved by that last draw. Vaan AASB has no enelement, but it's not awful. Not sure it fixes any outstanding needs, but better than LotRoP.

Next week: Magicite Support banner tickets!

• Options
    Don't diss Lilisette. That USB was pretty nifty in my Torment clear.

• Options
    Enlong wrote: »
    Remember when we had 2 different weapons called Demon's Axe (II)?

I don't but this year has been tough on my memory.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    I decided to take the 100 mythril I earmarked and take one shot at both fest 2 and fest 3 since both had 5+ relics that would help seal up teams and 0 dupes on 1, 2 dupes on the other.

And then I uninstalled the game and I think I have to be finished with this.

2/22, G+ for a character I have literally nothing better than a BSB for, and another dupe. 400 mythril in, one sync, and one AASB dupe twice out.

Fuck gacha.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    I’m sorry. Pulling is the worst part of the game for me.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    Magic Leviathan down.

Thanks, @silence1186 - bringing Tyro and using summon chain worked like a charm. I ended up using it as an excuse to get Tyro's HA, too.

• Options
    Tyro's HA? What's it do?

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    Tyro's HA? What's it do?

It's wrath, but it also builds chain and does a trivial amount of damage.

• Options
    Tyro's HA? What's it do?

It was doing a few thousand per hit with a summon chain. Not awful.

• Options
    Tyro's HA? What's it do?

if you have his Sync it actually let's him DPS easily.

• Options
    Maybe I’m being contrary but this banner really doesn’t interest me. Except for kriles G+ which is en element and an OSB for some reason for zero meter.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    uh, so, the battle square says I’ve done 4 of 5 fights. But there’s only 4 fights shown to me. And I’ve mastered all of them.