As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FFRK] I am free to pursue my real dreams: Hip Hop

• Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    Oh right. Valefor is an asshole.

• Options
    lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    At least Valefor is an asshole at the beginning of an attempt not at the end.

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    Lol @ Titan (Gloom). This fight was tailor-made for the XIV twins.

I thought my first attempt was going to fail because Terra got hit with Landslide (used Ultima right before he targeted her) and Alisaie got dropped by unlucky add targeting, but as it turns out you don't really need much in the way of healing if slots 1 and 5 both get hit with Granite Gaol, resulting in them ignoring the Bomb Boulders AND blocking Landslide.

Alisaie practically solo'd P2 and P3 because her Sync and HA are ridiculous together, while Alphinaud and his absurd SASB1/AASB combo obliterated P4 - those turns where he gets 23x30k are just crazy.

• Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Haha, ok, doing the weaker of the 2 Ifrit EX fights, I can see why that would be annoying. That version, Ifrit’s HP is so low that it’s easy to accidentally trigger Hellfire just by dualcasting Ultima in an attempt to kill all the nails. One has to be super careful and/or not use dualcasting. The harder fight is easier to not kill your self on.

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    How do you shift Diabolos before his first turn in phase 3? I tried queuing instant attacks on the rift while a double cast is still occurring but he still went first. I can’t queue instant attacks before the rift appears?

38thDoE on steam
    πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€

• Options
    I don't think you can? That first Holy Diffusion is instant AFAIK. I always entered phase 3 with stacked En Holy to ignore that bit and saved an AASB cast for the rift to En Holy my chain holder (Ramza).

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    The Ai has info for turn one in the other realm.

38thDoE on steam

• Options
    I mean it has info but tbh, I've never seen it. And that's doing instacasts before the phase change.

• Options
    Instacasts before phase change wouldn’t work unless they were aoe though right? Maybe summoning could do it.

38thDoE on steam

• Options
    FryFry Registered User regular
    The way high level monsters are designed, you basically won't be able to enter an action between a phase change and a turn 1 instant action unless you get super lucky. The enemy will almost always be in the middle of casting something when the phase changes, so they will immediately start casting their instant ability.

Maybe you can break the rift before p3t1 if the phase ends with, like, an Awakened summoner on their first cast, and they get several multi casts.

• Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    edited October 2020
    Ugh, Transcendent bosses kindle such a burning hatred of everything in me. Designed to be a pain in the ass at the most inopportune flow of the fight.

E: Using a +ATK chain pushes my MAG user's ATK higher than his MAG, which means I can't call one of the 3 auras. Blargh I hate this so much.

silence1186 on
  • Options
    Ffffff

A pull on banner 2 for XIV got me Yda’s LMR, Yda’s Enfire Glint, and a 6-star. Yda’s... Arcane. Which I already had.

It was so close to being a proper boost to my XIV team, too. I seriously just want any one of those 3 DPS Awakenings. I can get another pull; I’ve got enough Mythril still to grab that I could get 17 tonight. But that’s a fairly disheartening result.

• Options
    edited October 2020
    I am really disappointed by Yda AASB in my attempts at Lahabrea so far. Like, I think I might try to just use Ysayle USB instead, because that thing builds similar chain count, but it's reusable and it probably does more damage. I'm scarcely breaking 5k with Fire Iron fist, even with an ATK boost from Meteor Crush.

Papalymo USB is getting up to 9999 reasonably quickly, and Ysayle should be similar, I'd think

Fry on
  • Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    Finally took the time to clear inventory space so I can do some pulls. Blargh. Then copied all the relics from reddit into notepad, deleted dupes, then realigned all the columns so I could see my dupes visually and which banners might offer better bang for the buck. Blargh. Elemental Boost Relic Draws for Magicite Dungeon Support Campaign 2:

1st: Ceodore Chain and AASB. Solid upgrade to my Holy physical team. Can we do anything about magic though?
    2nd: Ceodore G+. Kid's the total package now. But...
    3rd: Ceodore G+ dupe, and Pecil G+. Erm..
    4th: Ceodore Chain dupe, and Hope AASB. AASB for Chain holder is nice! Rem continues to elude, and magic in general hasn't improved much. Blargh. Switch gears.
    5th: Nabaat AOSB. Disappointing.
    6th: Gaffgarion Glint (ugh), Nabaat G+

Overall: Disappointing! Didn't help any outstanding needs, so I don't think I'll be progressing much around my 2nd pass of the 6* Magicite wheel.

At least it was free? But if it hurts my soul, I still don't think I come away from the deal ahead...

Overall, the last three weeks have... not really made an impression? Nothing outstanding that gives me hope for the future, and the hurt from gacha is killing my nerves, so I think I'm just sort of numb, since I expect bad things to happen when I pull, and in that sense and never surprised.

• Options
    Do I bother to Lens Biggs and Wedge USBs to kill Core Realm Greg for style points? At this point I feel like such a waste of time would be an awful thing to do to myself, when there are so many other pastimes I'm neglecting in my life.

• Options
    edited October 2020
    Haaah. Ok. I got back up to 50 and chucked it at this banner again. I think this pull redeemed the last one.
    Ysayle’s Glint+, and Yda’s Awakening.

I now actually could have every one of Yda’s relics, if I were to pick up her older ones from the lens shop. And I might actually pick up Internal Release; +MND and 50% crits are a better buff than it has been in be past. In any case, it’s very nice to finally have an Awakening in the realm, and that Glint I just got will work very well with it.

On the other side, I don’t know if I’ll use the Ysayle thing just yet. It’s nice to have, and is a good reason to get her relics and add her to my magic Ice team. But, for FFXIV itself, I think my best option is to focus on Fire damage, with Papalymo, Yda, and Cid.

Not the best of pulls, but I’m very glad that it turned out better than that first pull.

I will most likely use my ticket on XIV, but I’ll wait until after the next maintainenxe, one way or another.

Enlong on
  • Options
    Do I bother to Lens Biggs and Wedge USBs to kill Core Realm Greg for style points? At this point I feel like such a waste of time would be an awful thing to do to myself, when there are so many other pastimes I'm neglecting in my life.

I’d say definitely no, then. Better to do something you’ll enjoy.

• Options
    I thought about going magic for my last diablo but apparently I still don't care that much.

Hell no! Then again I killed my nine and feel kind of done with Greg. Go play something fun!

38thDoE on steam

• Options
    I need to get out of the habit of taking victory screenshots I guess, they keep freezing my phone and forcing reboot. Fortunately, this time it counted, at least:
    i8ru1vQl.png

Turns out, Ysayle USB is indeed wayyyyy better than Yda AASB for this team.

• Options
    Got bored, 5* dived everyone I have 6* equipment for. Only exceptions: KH realm, and Tellah since his USB kills him

• Options
    edited October 2020
    Fry wrote: Β»
    I need to get out of the habit of taking victory screenshots I guess, they keep freezing my phone and forcing reboot. Fortunately, this time it counted, at least:
    i8ru1vQl.png

Turns out, Ysayle USB is indeed wayyyyy better than Yda AASB for this team.

What was the full team?

I’ve been taking a few swings at the fight myself, and could do with some insight.

Among other things, I’m trying to decide who’s better for the team between Alphinaud, Y’shtola, or Minfilia. Alphinaud has an ATK/MAG buff with radiant shield, but he doesn’t have a direct healing Soul Break, and so is stuck using Curada or his Hero ability. Y’shtola is a full secondary healer, but she can’t probide any damage buffs other than to throw Faith at Papalymo. And Minfilia has 2 soul breaks with damage buffs, which stack, and she can entrust to Elarra, but she’s the weakest actual healer of the 3, and would basically require me to focus entirely on Entrust, which makes it harder to use those stacking buffs (I think I’d be better off using just the ATK one and having Elarra use Bard stuff for magic).

Also Yda is sometimes doing work for me, but I think I need to have her use Inner Release, for crits.

Current team is Elarra, Yda (USB, Awakening, Glint, Arcane), Papalymo (USB, OSB, BSB, unique?), Cid Garlond (SSB, USB), and a fifth person. Cid is there because Papalymo and Yda both use fire, making a Fire Machinist from the realm fairly useful. But I could replace him if need be.

Enlong on
  • Options
    rattletraprattletrap Registered User regular
    Transcendent Triad finally down. Lordy that's a slog.

Brought my stacked holy team:
    Hope: CSB, AASB, USB(radiant shield), BSB (the one with dispel), Glint, OSB
    Rem: SASB, AASB, AOSB, USB1, Glint
    WoL: AASB, AOSB, USBs (radiant and +knight I think?), G+, Glint, OSB
    Elarra: AASB, USB1, G+, BSB
    Rosa: AASB, USB1, G
    (Most of the abilities are what you expect. Rem and WoL had their HAs, WoL was my dispeller, Rosa carried De'Diaja/Wrath and Elarra was carrying AcM)

I had a run before this where I made it to the one Triad remaining stage with only one healer, but it was super-fiddly. Two healers makes it much less likely to wipe with one bad input which kept me from going crazy given the fight length.

The successful run was all about Rem SASB-ing early to get through all three Triad entries quick, then transitioning to a holding pattern to build meter, then popping all three DPS AASBs to punch down the last 40% or so. I still stalled out on cap breaks near the end of the last Triad member and was using USBs/BSBs/OSBs but with two healers, radiant shield and several last stands I was able to finish it off before the Osmose hit and things got messy.

Hooray! Will my success now inspire me to try Transcendent Emperor again? (No - probably not)

• Options
    A tip I found helpful for Transcendent Emperor, since I skipped him last time. If you use a ATK/MAG/MND buff, it overwrites the huge debuff he puts on your team, which lets you mostly ignore the Souls mechanic. Mog and Dr Mog are examples of characters that have USBs that provide this buff.

• Options
    Banners have less items on them: Good
    Banner 2 no longer 2G5: Bad

Someone had a magic Vaelfor run that was all lensable relics I think with Serah Chain? Am I remembering incorrectly? Vaelfor is the last one I need.

38thDoE on steam

• Options
    I think so. Even included Reynn for her strong Imperil game.

• Options
    edited October 2020
    38thDoe on
    38thDoE on steam

• Options
    edited October 2020
    38thDoe wrote: Β»
    Banners have less items on them: Good
    Banner 2 no longer 2G5: Bad

Someone had a magic Vaelfor run that was all lensable relics I think with Serah Chain? Am I remembering incorrectly? Vaelfor is the last one I need.

You know what? I won't miss that 2G5. The few times I pulled on banner 2s even with 4 AASBs and a Chain I always ended up 2/5 LMR Dupes. Good riddance.

lionheart_m on
  • Options
    I'm not sure I ever pulled a banner 2, but in theory its good for someone like me who always goes 1/11. It would take me 100 mythril to get 2 5β˜… LMR dupes.

38thDoE on steam

• Options
    Again rng is rng. I had the shittiest luck and even when I had good odds I always lucked out. One of the reasons I don't want to pull on the XIV banner.

• Options
    right... so if rng is rng, aren't you always better with a 2G 5β˜… banner?

38thDoE on steam

• Options
    Sort of. The main wrinkle is the fact that the second banner tends to have less valuable stuff on it. So higher lows, but lower highs.

Honestly, I do kinda feel like I'd prefer 2 shots at an Awakening rather than 1 shot at a Sync, given a 50 mythril entry fee.

• Options
    rattletraprattletrap Registered User regular
    I didn't pull on many banner 2s, but I did find them more useful than Banner 1s when I had terrible realm coverage for Torments. I expect a new player (if such a thing still exists) would have found them useful too since they have so many gaps to fill.

• Options
    Don't think I pulled on any banner 2s. 2G5 for 4/14 Awakenings didn't seem as good as 1G5 for 2 Syncs and 4 Awakenings. Or fest banners with 3 syncs and 5 Awakenings

• Options
    38thDoe wrote: Β»
    right... so if rng is rng, aren't you always better with a 2G 5β˜… banner?

Yeah but again, after 200 Mythrils on banner 5s with my only return being LMRs (not even glints) i think it's alright to feel a bit mad at them in general. Even if random is random, I didn't have much luck with them.

• Options
    MaytagMaytag Registered User regular
    The first and last 2G5 I pulled on was the 25 mithril ffix banner that was running during fest. Served me alright with Eiko Glint+ and Vivi AASB too. Second banners have always felt like total trash for ages now though.

3DS: 1392 - 5070 - 7853
  • Options
    I try not to mention it too often in this thread, but if anyone is interested in starting another FF gacha, Opera Omnia has a ton of free 11x draws right now, including one banner that has a daily free 11x for like the next two weeks.

• Options
    How do you manage not only two of these but to clear all content on at least one of them?

38thDoE on steam

• Options
    Maintenance tonight, I think?

• Options
    Is it? Don't they usually make an announcement about that?

38thDoE on steam

• Options
    Got my ruby refund.

....is there anything really to spend these on? I'm considering picking up some more VIT motes.