As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[2020 Election] I Won, Says Loser

• Options
    EtheaEthea Registered User regular
    McConnell fulfills the ticket master role of the senate. All blame can be assigned to him for a cut of the profits.

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    McConnel meeting with Barr could be as simple as McConnel making sure he and his fellow Senators can't be implicated for any of the illegal shit that Trump pulled.

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Also, if you all think it's annoying have to wait this long to figure how who won in Alaska, imagine how we feel. We have zero clue what the makeup of our House and Senate is going to be.

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    I totally want to get one of those "we just did" hats Biden was wearing but even in safely blue washington I'd worry I'd get attacked by some butt hurt trump fan boy.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    RichyRichy Registered User regular
    I hope there's not a ban on satire in the thread, but if there is I'll take an infraction for The Beaverton:

Donald Trump announces creation of seven new states, all of whom voted for him

So many amazing quotes.
    “I’m very proud of these new states of our nation for heeding the call of democracy and voting me into another term as your president,” said Trump. “I’d like to thank the great states of East Dakota, Anti-Portland, and the five others whose names, populations, and geographic locations we’ll figure out in the next week or so.”

In addition to the two states revealed in Trump’s pronouncement, formal incorporation documents have revealed that the new members of the union include “Florida 2”, “West Russia”, and “Georgia Except Without So Many Black People”.

Efforts are already underway for victory parties in the some of the newly created capital cities such as Trumpistan, Ivankaberg, Juniortown, and Eric-and-Tiffany-Will-Have-To-Share-One-I-Don’t-Care-What-You-Call-It.

sig.gif
  • Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular

CBS anchor.
    JUST IN: Puerto Rico’s elections officials have now found 174 boxes of uncounted ballots, 7 days after the election!
    It started at 40.
    Then 100.
    Then 153.
    NOW 174. Each box may hundreds of uncounted ballots.

No implications for the Presidency, obviously, but don't expect that to stop the conspiracy theorists.

COULD have implications on their statehood question, potentially.

• Options
    APODionysusAPODionysus Registered User regular
    How... how do you lose that many boxes of ballots?

• Options
    NEO|PhyteNEO|Phyte They follow the stars, bound together. Strands in a braid till the end.Registered User regular
    How... how do you lose that many boxes of ballots?

Aren't they STILL all fucked from that hurricane?

It was that somehow, from within the derelict-horror, they had learned a way to see inside an ugly, broken thing... And take away its pain.
    Warframe/Steam: NFyt
  • Options
    I ZimbraI Zimbra Worst song, played on ugliest guitar Registered User regular
  • Options
    Magus`Magus` The fun has been DOUBLED! Registered User regular
    I Zimbra wrote: »

Fucking what

• Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    Impeach all of them again.

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    tbloxhamtbloxham Registered User regular
    I'm just so tired of this. Its like the damn ballots again. Just when you think something is done there is some new nonsensical barrier in the US election system. This completely innacountable GSA woman just wrecking everything on her own discretion. Random lawsuits. I'm sure there will just be more and more and more things.

Can noone just stand up and say that we won and lets move forward. What the hell does Trump have on these people. It's just ridiculous.

"That is cool" - Abraham Lincoln
  • Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    edited November 2020

Here's the video courtesy of Aaron Rupar of Vox. I genuinely can't tell if he's joking or confused or making a sly coup

Eddy on
    "and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    SleepSleep Registered User regular
    Magus` wrote: »
    I Zimbra wrote: »

Fucking what

Boy oh boy certainly can't respond to this without getting fuckin banned everywhere.

• Options
    SoggybiscuitSoggybiscuit Tandem Electrostatic Accelerator Registered User regular
    tbloxham wrote: »
    I'm just so tired of this. Its like the damn ballots again. Just when you think something is done there is some new nonsensical barrier in the US election system. This completely innacountable GSA woman just wrecking everything on her own discretion. Random lawsuits. I'm sure there will just be more and more and more things.

Can noone just stand up and say that we won and lets move forward. What the hell does Trump have on these people. It's just ridiculous.

The address they live at, and a whole fuckload of insane cult followers armed to the teeth with high powered assualt rifles.

Steam - Synthetic Violence | XBOX Live - Cannonfuse | PSN - CastleBravo | Twitch - SoggybiscuitPA
  • Options
    Fleur de AlysFleur de Alys Biohacker Registered User regular
    Material content of the two tweets:

“There will be a smooth transition to a second Trump administration." - Pompeo

Triptycho: A card-and-dice tabletop indie RPG currently in development and playtesting
  • Options
    David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
    There was a press Q&A? How is the first question not "Sorry, could you just go back to the whole 'second Trump administration' bit"?

euj90n71sojo.png
  • Options
    HevachHevach Registered User regular
    I said the other day when he just fled the question that he's safeguarding his last few paychecks.

A lie of silence is still a lie, but there's still a world of difference between that and actually giving the lie voice. Pompeo can go to the zoo and suck every dick in the place.

• Options
    SleepSleep Registered User regular
    David_T wrote: »
    There was a press Q&A? How is the first question not "Sorry, could you just go back to the whole 'second Trump administration' bit"?

Because our 4th estate is a bunch of useless shit heads

• Options
    AbsalonAbsalon Lands of Always WinterRegistered User regular
    The House has to censure Pompeo five minutes ago.

• Options
    ZibblsnrtZibblsnrt Registered User regular
    tbloxham wrote: »

Half of them are looking at jail time once they're out of office, which is enough for them to grasp at straws.

Past that, anyone still in the administration at this point is interested in power for its own sake and are convinced they're owed it.

• Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    Are they worried about getting primaried by Tea Party 2: Boogaloo Boogaloo if they accept reality?

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Options
    Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    edited November 2020
    Someone already expressed that but that’s an astoundingly bad thing for Pompeo to have said

Captain Inertia on
  • Options
    AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular
    Legal Eagle gives a pretty good breakdown of the Trump campaign's legal claims so far. They are not going well for team Trump.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ha7iWECm_8E

cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • Options
    Jealous DevaJealous Deva Registered User regular
    They absolutely planning a coup, the only real question at this point is if they can get buy-in on it.

I know we don’t prosecute pre-crime, but if there is any interference with the electoral vote certification process or attempt to circumvent the results all these people need to spend the rest of their lives in prison.

• Options
    HevachHevach Registered User regular
    Legal Eagle gives a pretty good breakdown of the Trump campaign's legal claims so far. They are not going well for team Trump.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ha7iWECm_8E

"When the judge asks you a question 'as a member of the bar' you are not in a good place."

That judge is just the gift that... Well, doesn't keep on giving but the gift didn't get shoved in the closet and forgotten ten minutes after opening it.

• Options
    autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular
    zepherin wrote: »
    This is a completely new level of obstruction

Oh Trump right now, yes. in the next year and a half, it looks like more regular obstruction.
    Why should it? If it works like this, they're going to do that until the next election.

Just shit in their hands and smear it over he figurative walls of America so no one can do anything else but clean their shit, then accuse the other side of inaction.

The democrats need to treat the Trump Republicans (and that's most of them nowadays) as what they are: Fascists trying to get their way.

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • Options
    JaysonFourJaysonFour Classy Monster Kitteh Registered User regular
    Either Pompeo's trying to keep Trump calm, or they're up to something and it involves a lot of rats and a lot of fucking.

Just... more posing, more for Dear Leader's fee-fees, or is there something else going on?

steam_sig.png
    I can has cheezburger, yes?
  • Options
    autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular
    spool32 wrote: »
    Couscous wrote: »
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trump-republicans-election-challenges/2020/11/09/49e2c238-22c4-11eb-952e-0c475972cfc0_story.html
    “What is the downside for humoring him for this little bit of time? No one seriously thinks the results will change,” said one senior Republican official. “He went golfing this weekend. It’s not like he’s plotting how to prevent Joe Biden from taking power on Jan. 20. He’s tweeting about filing some lawsuits, those lawsuits will fail, then he’ll tweet some more about how the election was stolen, and then he’ll leave.”
    These are really foolish people unable to see the danger in their supporters believing an election is fraudulent

"Senior Republican officials" have been saying this shit about Trump the whole time. They've been wrong the whole time!

Reminder that people called Hitler "the loud mouth inept idiot" for a long time. Until he killed everyone that said that

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Okay then, Baghdad Mike.

• Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    He looks like he thought he was joking, given the rest of his talk.

However, this is not the time to be making that kind of joke.

Also, fascists never really joke.

• Options
    durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    The entire Republican party is of the opinion that they are entitled to rule over the US, and that elections in which they don't win are not relevant. I don't think Trump "has something" on anyone, I think they just truly believe it's not the place of non-Republicans to win elections.

Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
  • Options
    TetraNitroCubaneTetraNitroCubane The Djinnerator At the bottom of a bottleRegistered User regular
    JaysonFour wrote: »
    Either Pompeo's trying to keep Trump calm, or they're up to something and it involves a lot of rats and a lot of fucking.

Just... more posing, more for Dear Leader's fee-fees, or is there something else going on?

He's putting on a show for Trump AND they're up to something.

Our only hope is that they're as incompetent as they've shown themselves to be.

... Well, no. Actually our only hope is that no one goes along with whatever they're planning. Because as we've seen before, no matter how dumb, how repugnant, how utterly stupid and morally vacuous the Trump admin can be, people will still carry water for them.

• Options
    Mild ConfusionMild Confusion Smash All Things Registered User regular
    Hard to tell if Pompeo is posturing or not, but I don’t think we should assume good faith on Trump’s part.

I don’t know what they’re gonna try, but I better see something from the House. I know they don’t have a lot of power to stop the ratfucking, but they best not stay silent either.

steam_sig.png

Battlenet ID: MildC#11186 - If I'm in the game, send me an invite at anytime and I'll play.
  • Options
    Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    I thought Pompeo ignoring the question was—for him—the best answer. Not sure if switching to the worst possible answer was his own idea or not. But once again, they seem to be broadcasting their intentions too early, I think.

• Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    edited November 2020

Looks like they're planning a march for Saturday.

e: Henry Rodgers works for Daily Caller

Jragghen on
  • Options
    kaidkaid Registered User regular
    I think pompeo has pretty much proven he is not mature enough to possess his security clearance once bidn takes over. Some of these guys need to be locked out of getting jobs where they can cause this level of issue.

• Options
    GyralGyral Registered User regular
    He's putting on a show for Trump because even Fox News has stopped giving 24/7 handy-js and the adults in the building are just trying to keep Trump appeased until they're all out the door. Him sacking Esper probably riled up some people.

25t9pjnmqicf.jpg
  • Options
    tbloxhamtbloxham Registered User regular
    The entire Republican party is of the opinion that they are entitled to rule over the US, and that elections in which they don't win are not relevant. I don't think Trump "has something" on anyone, I think they just truly believe it's not the place of non-Republicans to win elections.

I can understand that, but, I cannot understand what they think will happen if they overturn these results. The economy will crumble, civil unrest will sweep the nation, and all their power will be irrelevant.

I keep on trying to write about this, but it's just too depressing. There's a perfectly sensible thing to say here that serves everyone's needs...

"We believe that current counts show Biden has won the election, however, recounts are in progress and we wish to see the results of those and some ongoing legal challenges before we finalize a transition to the winner of the Election."

Trump is appeased, the public is appeased, and at the end of the re-counts when Biden has won you just end the nonsense.

"That is cool" - Abraham Lincoln
  • Options
    -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    Jragghen wrote: »

Looks like they're planning a march for Saturday.

e: Henry Rodgers works for Daily Caller

So are they going to be shot with rubber/wooden rounds, doused with pepper spray and beaten by the police?

This discussion has been closed.